Glamour Reviews

Media Gallery for Glamour

Glamour

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I have subscribed to Glamour magazine for 2 years, but...”

Written on: 28/03/2004 by cam100 (3 reviews written)

I have subscribed to Glamour magazine for 2 years, but I'm fed up with all the irrelevant stuff! Aside from the fact that half the magazine is adverts are for Gucci and the like (I wish I could afford that stuff, but sadly I'm normal), it assumes that all its readers live in London and work in an office all day. Well, we don't! The fashion pages aren't even worth looking at unless you're on 50k plus a year, and it expects us all to afford luxury holidays every few months. Too elitist for me I'm… Read Full Review

Melb54321's Response to cam100's Review

Written on: 04/04/2004

I can understand that most people are normal, and don't earn 50k a year, but don't you think that reading fashion magazines and wishing you could afford these things in the magazines just takes your mind off the real world for a minute. I certainly can't afford most of the things in these magazines, and I wish I could, but I still enjoy reading them becasue it takes my mind off the stresses of daily life for a while....which is never bad.

Poshone's Response to cam100's Review

Written on: 28/07/2005

I have found Glamour to be a great read. Yes they do tend to cater for the higher income bracket and I would like to see more lower end priced products or recommended shops where they cater right across the board. I have found a website which does just that from Fendi right to High Street fashion and I would like to see more of those type of shops discussed and advertised in magazines like Glamour. I think more and more of us with what is going on in London etc would like to use the internet more and so useful recommendations from trusted mags would be great.
<br>
<br>Anyway I can recommend one site as being very good products and a reliable delivery etc which is www.XSRease.com They seem to cater for all prices and styles pretty much. Give it a look and lets see more online fashion stores in Glamour.

Cam100's Response to cam100's Review

Written on: 05/05/2004

Very good point, personally I look to mags for inspiration on what to buy in the real world, and was increasingly becoming fed up with the out of reach stuff!

Read 3 Comments