Haven Holidays, Littlesea Reviews

• Proximity to local amenities

• Proximity to local attractions

Haven Holidays, Littlesea - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Haven Holidays, Littlesea

“Littlesea going down hill”

written by Regina306 on 31/10/2017

we have stayed at Littlesea every year for the past 18years,sometimes twice a year, the site itself is lovely, mostly clean with some great views. This time we used a privately owned caravan that we had to clean before using it as it was so dirty. Not Haven's fault. Unfortunately for us the site has gone down hill over the past few years and we will now look at somewhere else to go in the future. The entertainment is below what you would expect for a holiday park. We were spoilt with the likes of the person I dealt with in charge of entertainment a few years ago, when you would not miss a night. Now its more like of an amateur pub show. All the old Haven songs have gone which made haven entertainment what it was in the past. When playing crazy golf, or using the children's play area now, you have the pleasure of avoiding the dogs mess as the owners have been aloud to walk around the complex with their dogs, one young boy allowed his dog to mess where young children were playing and he just walked off muttering we are owners. We noticed the security / amusement staff seem to allow the owners children to run around in groups in the amusements, and soft play for the young children, and be disruptive, they nudge the machines as they walk around trying to get money out. which is annoying if you are on the machine at the time. We found one of the amusement staff rude and unhelpful on several occasions, who we finally complained about. Seeing this is a holiday park you can be woken early by works being done on other caravans or the moving of caravans. Empty caravans are left all over the site, two were put on a roundabout when we were there so that could not be used. Which was dangerous. The Haven Staff I can't complain about, always smiling and are always happy to help you. Its a shame, the site has been such a pleasure to go to in the past and when you talk with other people visiting the site they all complain about the same things.

“WOULD NOT RECOMMED LITTLESEA”

written by bald2014 on 17/08/2014

Stayed twice last year, with our two small dogs, both times we were given vans that were not supposed to take dogs. Pool flooded so could not use the facilities. You spend a fortune for a weekly pass to enter the main facility, the only free thing is the pool and evening entertainment - same thing over again - noisy and not worth it. The restaurant food is terrible and expensive, could not get in the bar for a drink last year as it was so packed. Outside the crazy golf at £4.00 and £3.00 is a rip off should be free. They want your money and take every opportunity to get it. With site fees and insurance plus gas, electricity adding up to around £6000 per year I would not recommend buying a van. The owners need to get their act together and improve the facilities and should not charge on top of your rental and facility access cost. Please improve the food I was down last week staying only two nights with friends and the steak and ale pie only had two small pieces of meat and the other meals were nowhere near the quality they should be, turned out to be expensive rubbish. NEEDS OVERALL IMPROVEMENT AND TO BE BETTER VALUE. Rent a house in Weymouth and do not get ripped off.

“Noisey”

written by on 12/04/2013

Was surprised to find this haven holiday park at the end of what seemed like an industrial road. The first thing we noticed about this park was the noise over head of the helicopters. This went on all evening almost every evening. Which literally shook the caravan. Off to find a family campsite right next to a helicopter landing base. Other than that our caravan was lovely we had a luxury plus and can not fault it one bit. We had a nice time visiting areas around Weymouth but would not return to this park.

“NEVER GO TO THIS SITE ”

written by on 09/10/2012

me and my 10 year old autitstc son went to haven littlesea he was loud on the dance floor so he was asked to leave and go back to his caravan with out me there and i found out i went back down the the office and i expland to them and they said that he is not loud back in ... NEVER GO TO THIS PARK

“BEST HOLIDAY IN LITTLESEA”

written by on 26/08/2012

F irst time at littlesea staff in all areas were really nice and helpful. The only thing is i wished there were more for kids to do overall it was a really good holiday. Shane Richie Jnr was there he was excellent would recommend see him to anyone. We are intending a holiday next year. Also the staff were brillant especially when the weather was really bad and both inside and outdoor pools were flood, they are an amazing team. Would recommend Littlesea Haven to all my family and friends.

“Great for people from up north, well that was the...”

written by isotopicdreams on 17/08/2011

Firstly i do not like the other review sites about this holiday center as they do not seem neutral to their reviews. First thing that happened was I encountered young, under paid and under-enthusiac reception staff. I have four children and 1 dog. They placed us in 118, a standard plus. This located right next to a busy small road, which had incoming traffic and going passed every day, most hours. Right outside our caravan is also a small brown fence, overstatement! Which my 3 year old climbed over immediately. Dog had to be tied to step rail and kids did not play outside as a result. No view, as our front door opened overlooking indoor swimming complex. Big white building! Also i was aware we would have drunks staggering passed us in droves to get to their caravan because the entertainment center is just around the corner. I complained, only be confronted by a dead eyed young girl receptionist. She tried her best to look simpathetic but her eyes said it all. Couldn't give a damn. She told me we could move but would have to stand by. She said she could not garauntee a replacement until we got out of the one we were in. I asked if it was not possible garauntee a caravan and then we can move. Nope! So with this I explained that we had already unpacked or were unpacking at this time and the receptionist just said we had to pack it all up first before she would consider moving us. Pathetic! So my wife said not to bother. And we simply put up with it. Next I found my fire alarm to be hanging off the ceiling, put right in 20 mins. Second to that I had a weird experiance with the hot water. Pilot light kept blowing out on the boiler...and to get the shower hot I had to turn on the hot water tap on the basin to activate the heat. Turned said tap off on sink and the shower went cold. Hmmmm. One could say that this was all part of the caravan experiance but I have to say I felt extremely posh compared to the other guests staying here. My standards obviously are higher than most. Loads of people from Newcastle staying here at the moment, and they're loving it. Eatin it up. Literally! All i can say is, they must have had holidays in cold dripping caves to be so impressed by this site. I must add though that not all staff are like this. Some if not most are proffesional, warm and freindly. Some of the kids were rough and feral and were obviously just left to get on with it. And most of the parents were WAY to big to be flapping around in towels. EWWW! The entertainment was lush though repetative and the ticket winning system gave my kids cold turkey. It's a means of using up about 20 quid in one night to win tickets for points so you can win a cheap nasty toy worth about 2 pounds. In all you to spend about 60 quid to get 1800 points for a cheap platic rubber ball that sparkles when it bounces. Watch your wallets! I also found a cleaner going into an occupied caravan and was staring at her to say hello as she was friendly on arrival. She got paraniod and said she made a mistake to think reception had booked them out and she thought i was staring at her because i thought she was going to steal something. Well that did make me paranoid. Ive had a large bottle of joop missing £40 go missing and i didn't find it anywhere. Think in all it was a negative experiance and I think...no i know i will be doing the center parks next.Sod the value! Happy holidays!

“Recently stayed at this campsite having decided to...”

written by on 11/04/2011

Recently stayed at this campsite having decided to take the family there for a weekend stay.
Booked on the phone with a Haven rep. Very helpful and polite. Booked into a Prestige caravan and got a good price.
Upon arrival a very helpful security guard greets you and gave clear directions. Check in was over in 20 seconds. Literally hand you a key and tell you where your caravan is!
Upon finding our 'Prestige' Caravan I have to say I was disappointed with the quality. Having viewed pictures online prior to booking, this caravan was not a true reflection. On entering the caravan my partner and I noted various things just did not seem right. Dirty windows. Dirty oven. Broken door catches. Broken blinds to name a few. But probably my biggest bug bear was the fact that every caravan around us had netting...ours was so basic it only had curtains...and they didn't even close properly!
A chat with the receptionist took on board our comments and hats off to Haven they managed to address some of the issues that day. However not one person came back to us to see if anything else could be done.

Overall we as a family had a fantastic weekend. Great weather and lots of giggles. Family entertainment was ok...if a little cringworthy at times.
As with other comments pool etc could be bigger. Restaurant/bar. Well I wouldn't be ordering my food there again. Took 1 hour and 30 minutes for our food to arrive...having been told it was only a 45 minute wait. And for the prices of the food.. they certainly do take the mick... side portion of fries for £2.95...and all you get is literally a small (and I mean small) portion. We sent ours back in disgust!

Would I go back to Littlesea? Probably yes. but I would seriously have to be convinced that my caravan would be a caravan I had viewed and booked viw their website.

Trades descriptions should seriously have a look at this website.

“disappointing caravan had damp carpet and condensation...”

written by on 01/08/2010

disappointing caravan had damp carpet and condensation at window, apparently carpet had been cleaned that day. door fell off and no light working in hall. Site ok but not suitable to the elderly as on a hill. Restaurant good though and pool nice.

“Took the family to Haven Littlesea last June 2009 and...”

written by dwelboy37 on 25/03/2010

Took the family to Haven Littlesea last June 2009 and as you enter the park you can see it's kept clean and tidy. Security were helpful and for a change from other Haven Parks the staff were polite and happy. Caravan was immaculate. Views beautiful. If you can take a stroll up the hill at the end of the park and watch the sunset its worth it. Too much bingo and kids are kept waiting too long in the early evening for shows. Shop is quite expensive but has everything you need. Pool needs to be bigger but kept immaculate. Food freshly cooked and hot. Overall though this is the best Haven Park I have been too (been to 10) and going back this year. Definately worth a break. Perfect park for all ages!!!

“the caravan pictures were taken from the swift owners...”

written by voyager796 on 09/03/2010

the caravan pictures were taken from the swift owners web site and was not a true picture of her caravan also she takes her four dogs to this non pet caravan. Was not good and people need to know that the pictures are NOT OF HER CARAVAN as a judge has ruled today.

Yvettelou's Response to voyager796's Review

Written on: 08/08/2010

I found this review not helpful because...it was obvious that it was not one of Haven's Vans & they did not say who they booked with, they also did not mention the park facilities at all!

“The whole park is fantastic. The park was very clean...”

written by on 16/08/2009

The whole park is fantastic. The park was very clean and spacious and all staff were extremley friendly.
Having a cuppa in the morning over looking the lagoon wonderfull.
The play area seemed a pain at first as there was only one entrance through the main complex but this turned out to be good as there was no where for little kids to go out the wrong way.
would have gave this park 5 stars but unfortunately the pool was lacking in slides for the kids.
would recommend Haven Holidays, Littlesea to everyone.

“We stayed for 2 weeks during July 2009 in our touring...”

written by on 31/07/2009

We stayed for 2 weeks during July 2009 in our touring caravan, well sized pitches, well kept, clean modern toilet block, staff friendly and helpful. The touring pitches are high up, overlooking a lagoon, picturesque, but it can be very windy, awnings take a bit of a battering (tie down required!). Park is ok if your children are 10 and under, unlike ours 14-17 who found it boring, the weather did not help rained 10 out of the 14 days spent there. Mash and Barrel pub was nice and food was reasonably good and prices are on par with these kind of parks. Swimming pool does not look anything like the picture in the brochure ie no slides etc. I don't think this park deserves a 5 star rating probably a 4. I would not go to Haven Holidays, Littlesea again I thought the price was expensive for the facilities on the park especially for the older children age group.

“We have been to several Haven Parks and loved them,...”

written by on 27/07/2009

We have been to several Haven Parks and loved them, Devon Cliffs, Hafan y Mor and Perran Sands and thought we would try this one as Weymouth is lovely and the part has been graded 5 star. Littlesea was a huge disappointment. The caravan was supposed to be Prestige - It was grubby and no better than lower grade caravans we had used before. The park was small - everything opened after 9.00am, which included the park and when the children are up early, abit annoying !!! The pool was boring !! This is what my children said - A 5 star park should have slides etc in the pool. Only 1 outdoor football court and the golf was very basic - The one saving grace is it's location to Weymouth which is lovely and we also visited Bournemouth-gorgeous - there was nothing to stay on the park for !!!

“Basically Littlsea Haven is nothing like it is...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 02/09/2008

Basically Littlsea Haven is nothing like it is advertised, how it got 5 stars amazes me. The people who judge this must inform them before they go. I would not recomend this site. Dirty, expensive and rude staff.

“Overall a definite improvment of previous years. The...”

written by alison jeremy on 29/08/2008

Overall a definite improvment of previous years. The whole look of the park has greatly improved and they did well to complete the complex on time (we were there in the days running up to the new opening) where there was lots of activity getting the park ready for guests so was nice to see how it all turned out. New traditiional fish and chip shop on site (although we never got round to trying this). The puddings in the Mash and Barrel were just too good to miss.

Voyager796's Response to alison jeremy's Review

Written on: 13/11/2009

I found this review not helpful because...
<br/>Mrs jeremy owns a static caravan on this site so she has a link from shadz holidays to this blog!!!!! we stayed in her van and it was filthy

Michelle Watkins's Response to alison jeremy's Review

Written on: 24/03/2010

We stayed in Shadz Holidays caravan and had to take them to court as their internet pages are from the swift owners web page a not a true representation of the actual caravan we stayed in. The had been told to put a disclaimer on the pictures to say that it is from some other web site and not their own pictures. Also the take their four dogs to the caravan as they are the owners but operate a no pets policy so this could mis lead someone booking this caravan thinking that if they have a pet allergy it will be fine!

“Rubbish site, very expensive, tiny facilities, worst...”

written by ferdinand on 28/08/2008

Rubbish site, very expensive, tiny facilities, worst park in England and how they got accredited 5 stars beggars belief. First Haven holiday and last. Waterside holiday park looks nice in Bowleaze cove we had a look and if we go back to Weymouth would check it out. Check the prices between Waterside and Littlesea before you book.

“Pool can only cater for a small fraction when park is...”

written by ferdinand on 28/08/2008

Pool can only cater for a small fraction when park is full and in August when we went to any of the 2 bars there was nowhere to sit, I recommend getting there for about 5 o'clock. Haven cares far too much about selling thier caravans for private ownership with 2 days of workmen pitching a new caravan and laying a patio next to ours.
It was not appreciated at all. All in all a very disappointing holiday and shall never return.

“I have always holidayed in Weymouth and have spent...”

written by Toffeespice on 16/08/2008

I have always holidayed in Weymouth and have spent time across all the Haven parks (Weymouth Bay, Littlesea and Seaview) and have done over the past three years. Often visiting more than once.
To be honest until this year, Littlesea was my first choice of park, with the exception of their food which I feel has progressively got worse over the past 3 years, even with the new improvements to the building this year. In fact I think this year it's at its worst.
The show bar (which is twice the size of the other two Weymouth parks put together) seem to be there purely for the music, I couldn't hold a conversation with people I was on holiday with as it was just too loud. I know that it may have had some work done on the park building but this particular part doesn't seem to have had anything done to it. I think this gives it a very unfriendly atmosphere.
There are a couple of the Funstars who seem pleasant enough but I think they are by far not as friendly as those at Weymouth Bay and Seaview. These do change each year which can be a shame but probably not for this park.
They appear to have replaced a show bar and bar/restaurant with a modern looking bar on different levels and for someone disabled it can difficult to manoeuvre when busy as there is only one slope there and that runs parallel to the bar. It seems that there is nowhere now you can have a quiet drink (ie somewhere you can chat and talk). I found the modern furniture incredibly uncomfortable, I sat in the armchairs and sofas and with my bad back I couldn't get back up from, there were foot stools being used as seats and chairs on the new patio, which you overlook the main road if you are not staring at minibuses and cars parked, are so hard.
I think the food has gotten so bad in portion size, as I have said before having holidayed at the other parks this year as well, the menu for their new looking bar/restaurant has an identical menu to the ones at Weymouth Bay and Seaview but at Littlesea I would need to eat 2 meals to feel that I have eaten. For the price I payed I should only expect to eat 1. The glasses seem tainted. My personal tipple is Pear Cider and the glasses always had a lager tang to them even those which were marked as Bulmers cider.
Overall, the supposed improvements, leave me feeling, could do better... I think if you want a 5 star park, look elsewhere.

“My holiday was rhe best holiday i have ever had and...”

written by nazzi on 12/12/2006

My holiday was rhe best holiday i have ever had and Littlesea is definetly the best haven park by far, everyone should go it is well worth it.

“I LOVE LITTLESEA, The Party dances are great. I got to...”

written by Tracey2 on 12/04/2005

I LOVE LITTLESEA, The Party dances are great. I got to do them 5 times with the funstars on stage, T-co is great for teenagers too! Tigerclub is really good and so is Paws all round a great year at Littlesea.