Honda CBR900RR Reviews

• Reliability

Honda CBR900RR - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Honda CBR900RR

Honda CBR900RR

“1994 foxeye model fireblade”

Written on: 23/08/2014 by Harperii324 (1 review written)

I have owned my 94 fireblade for 8 months. I brought on eBay for £1000 with 55k on the clocks. Since I have had the bike I have spent around £800 getting her in shape. She is finished in the early Repsol blue and orange livery and looks gorgeous. She gets loads of attention at bike meets and on the road. Despite the mileage she still pulls strong and does not use oil . I run her on silkolene comp 4 and change every 2000 miles. I love this bike. The build quality is un matched for its time… Read Full Review

“Firebland nerver underestimate”

Written on: 17/03/2012 by ragecage07 (1 review written)

I own a 97 blade red,black, have had it one yr I bought it thinkim it ws a turn key but furtjer imspection it needed some tlc I hzve replaced ........both tires,both brakes , sprokets chain rectifier/stater, new evo-8 1.4lb batt , frnt/rear wheel brngs , head brngs , fork seales full tune 2.5 advc rotor , jetkit stg 1 , full stainless d&d exashts , wth race pack muffler replaced swingrm berrmgs . Full race lit barret clutch . Sargnt seat, dbl bbl smoke windscreen hard wierd whistlet detector… Read Full Review

“Thanks for your opinion Drew. ”

Written on: 30/01/2011

Thanks for your opinion Drew.

After years of not riding (road for a dozen years, 15+ years ago) I recently found a mint condition 96 CBR900RR with only 10k miles. Everything is stock except for the Micron full race exhaust. I replaced the stock shield with a taller double bubble, fresh fluids, new chain and tires.

Although I have only had it for less than 2 weeks it's an amazing bike. I get nothing but stares and compliments from about everyone that passes by. The tech that mounted my tires… Read Full Review

“I was not a sportsbike fan and had never considered...”

Written on: 21/10/2010 by gazza883 (9 reviews written)

I was not a sportsbike fan and had never considered one before getting the 2000 model Blade - the 929cc first, fuel injected RRY.
Anyone who has read my other reviews here will know my path to Fireblade ownership has been unusual.
After becoming a little disillusioned with biking, two years ago I tried an AN400, interesting; CB450DX, bizarre Brazilian Dream; 18 months with a Suzuki B-King, awesome muscle bike which anyone can ride; and - as yet unwritten about (but see pics on Flickr Gaz1300)- a… Read Full Review

“I have owned mine for 2 years got it with 15,000 miles...”

Written on: 05/10/2010

I have owned mine for 2 years got it with 15,000 miles on the clock. it now has 40,000 miles i went threw tires at around 3,000 miles until i put metzlier m3 tires on now i get 10,000 miles on them. this bike has never let me down i can keep up with my buddies gsxr 750 09' with aftermarket can on it. its fast ive had it to 165 mph and it was still pulling but not like at 100 mph.it vibrates a bit on the top end but still feels stable. these bikes will last to 100,000 miles if you take care of… Read Full Review

“Ok. The Honda CBR900 is my first big bike. She has had...”

Written on: 03/06/2008 by Bladerider (1 review written)

Ok. The Honda CBR900 is my first big bike. She has had a few dings in her life time but she still looks awesome and at 17000 miles only just run in.( Mileage has been verified) I have had a few other bikes in my lifetime consisting of the babyblade (400RR), SV650S, GPZ 600, and a few other smaller bikes. I have been riding since 99.
As already mentioned I owned the baby blade about 5 years ago, and I could not get over her. Fantastic liitle bike and the next step up after the sv and the gpz… Read Full Review

Macdog's Response to Bladerider's Review

Written on: 04/02/2010

I found this review very helpful because...It was very informative and enjoyable to read.

Read 1 Comment

“Very easy to ride, pillion comfort very good (no...”

Written on: 14/07/2007 by blademan929 (1 review written)

Very easy to ride, pillion comfort very good (no complaint from wife). I rode 200 miles and no 'backside' pains! Double bubble improves even more. Done a couple of track days: excellent! Showed off it's race pedigree and was not disgraced!… Read Full Review

“Back in 2002 I decided to upgrade from a Kawasaki...”

Written on: 27/05/2006 by Elricardo (20 reviews written)

Back in 2002 I decided to upgrade from a Kawasaki ZX-6R to a 900 and had always really liked the styling of the Honda CBR900RRY. This is the fuel injected version with 929cc and the single headlight with upturned edges.

I particularly liked the dark blue/silver variant and came across one in a dealership in Dorset. I part ex'd the ZX6 and got the Fireblade for £5,200 with under 10k on the clock.

The styling of this bike is spot on. It weighs exactly the same at the 600's at around 170Kg but… Read Full Review

“I have been riding bikes since I was 17 and I am now...”

Written on: 19/05/2006 by dizzyfizzy1 (32 reviews written)

I have been riding bikes since I was 17 and I am now 28 years old. I have owned a number of bikes over the years (all sports bike) and the Honda CBR900RR has to be my best yet. I bought it because I dreamd of having one as a kid and when I jumped on it for the first time I was not disappointed. The bike is the 918cc model in black with silver and grey decals and when I go out it turns a lot of heads. The bike is totaly standard apart from an aftermarket end can. The Fireblade is a great all… Read Full Review

“I hadn't ridden since selling my busa 25 months...”

Written on: 19/04/2006 by davygravy (7 reviews written)

I hadn't ridden since selling my busa 25 months earlier and that meant losing all my max no claims bonus. I went to buy a new GSXr 1000 but the £1700 (fully comp) insurance quote (£129 tpft on the busa) stopped that so the used Honda CBR900RR with £529 insurance was the next option. after the busa anything would be light but the 929cc blade was extremely flickable and having tried the early blades and finding the front pant-stainingly scary (I had a gpz 900r another 16" front that gave me grey… Read Full Review

“Having had big bikes previously, I felt my age was...”

Written on: 24/06/2005 by PAULCLARKE9 (1 review written)

Having had big bikes previously, I felt my age was going against me, so I came down to the 2000 Blade. Apprehensive about the fuel injection over carbs, what a fool I was. The reliability, handling and performance of this bike was awesome. I rode my bike all weathers and had no problems at all. Completed 56,000 miles in 2 years and did not have a sore behind once. After setting the bike to my weight, it cornered as though on rails. Dropped bike on ice and purchased another 10 days later… Read Full Review

“I bought a 95 Urban Tiger Fireblade two weeks ago. I...”

Written on: 16/09/2004 by hawkwind96 (1 review written)

I bought a 95 Urban Tiger Fireblade two weeks ago. I had thought about it for a long time and can remember having the poster up on my wall as a kid. Due to a serious case of bad judgement with the giggle juice I lost my licence for a time and then marriage and children upset my plans. Now back fully legal (and 10 years wiser) and with the money to do bikes as a hobby I decided to take the plunge. I searched all the ads in MCN and bike trader and finally saw the bike of my dreams. It was a 95… Read Full Review

Hawkwind96's Response to hawkwind96's Review

Written on: 17/09/2004

Wonderful review so witty and clever man must be a genius should be paid to write this stuff someone at Performance Bikes should give me ahem sorry him a job...!

Pandrop's Response to hawkwind96's Review

Written on: 14/11/2006

I too have a Honda CBR900RR of 1996 vintage. This bike is undoubtedly the finest motorcycle ever made, a bold statement to make, but hear me out. Whilst I agree that there are newer equivalent capacity bikes with a few miles an hour top end more, a squilly second quicker here and a kilogramme lighter there, you are paying up to ten grand for what is essentially a follow on from the early Fireblade. The Blade not only broke the mould, it smashed it to pieces, set it on fire and jumped up and down on it. Here was a bike that was small, light, strong, looked fantastic, had top build quality, proper brakes, handled beautifully and went very very quickly. This was at a time when big capacity bikes were very scary to ride, with excruciatingly big soft frames, horrible tyres, big heavy engines and poor brakes. Do I know what I'm talking about? Well, I've been riding for almost thirty years, I've had over twenty bikes, I ride off and on road, ridden all over Europe and South America and I am doing the Enduro Africa trip next year, so I'd say I'm a serious biker. Am I looking at the Blade through rose tinted glasses? Not at all! I've ridden GSXR1100 and Hayabusas, which are seriously amazing bikes, but they are out of my 'real world' budget, (grown up kids don't cost less just because they don't live at home any more). The Fireblade never ceases to amaze mates on new machines. It is never left behind, more often than not beats the stuffing out of them on rides out. It's tight, light and quick, and it still looks great. And like the very best of everything that starts a trend, others can only follow in its footsteps and hope to achieve what it has achieved. Mention Fireblade to any person who knows very little about bikes and they will say "oh yeah they are the fastest bike in the world aren't they"? OK so they are wrong, but such is the fame of this bike that its aura is felt by those who know little about bikes, and its reputation precedes it, in the same way as that same person has no doubt heard of Barry Sheene (Rest in peace Barry), but they won't have heard of the brilliant Mick Grant or the great Wayne Rainey. The Blade got its well deserved public fame for no other reason than it really was truly amazing, and to my mind it still is.
<br/>
<br>Drew

231703_Fletcher1975's Response to hawkwind96's Review

Written on: 26/02/2006

Comparing this bike and stating it is in the same performance bracket as a ZX10 is either very hopeful, or just plain misinformed. I owned a GSXR 600 K3, that would keep my mates urban tiger honest EVERYWHERE! I have ridden his blade quite a bit and no denying it is a nice bike and i can see how it was top of its tree 10 or 11 years ago. 10 or 11 years ago being the point!
I have also owned a K3 gixer 1000 and currently own an 05 ZX 10. Both of these machines not only give the blade a spanking in performance terms, but in my opinion give a more exhilarating ride. Try top gear roll ons from 150mph! As said, no doubt the blade was a fantastic machine in its day but, unfortunately for the 95 blade, and fortunately for motorcyclists, things have moved on a whole lot! Im also intrigued how you put a power commander (a device for fuel injected bikes) on a carbed model fireblade? I think you might have meant Dynojet.

Yasnyoo's Response to hawkwind96's Review

Written on: 18/10/2005

Can change front 16" wheel for later 17" one very easily, doesn't cost a lot, opens up tyre choice, helps handling, etc. But generally the 94/95 Urban Tigers are the best of the pre 2004 'Blades, easy to look after, fast enough to frighten, handles well if a little brutal at times, chuckable, easy to ride, makes ideal Trackday tool as well, but watch OE plastics, change for pattern parts if trackday. Must be made of Platinum so expensive OE Kit !!

Read 4 Comments

“I have a 1994 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade sports bike in...”

Written on: 10/09/2004 by bigadz7 (11 reviews written)

I have a 1994 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade sports bike in Urban Street Tiger paintwork (Champagne gold, brown and orange). Ever since I bought this bike 5 years ago I have loved it. For the last 4 years I have lived in Saudi and only ride it when I get home for holidays. As long as the battery is kept on a charger it has started without any problems. It's difficult to find a low mileage early one obviously, but if you're looking for a Fireblade with a more radical riding position and fierce power… Read Full Review

“The Honda CBR900RR sports bike is an awesome thing to...”

Written on: 09/08/2004 by sean oconnor (7 reviews written)

The Honda CBR900RR sports bike is an awesome thing to ride from a point of view that it is a comfy all round performer whether its blasting round country roads or two up touring with the mrs, my biggest gripe though has to be the insurance group - there are much faster and more powerful choices for less insurance, but otherwise i love the power torque handling looks and driveability, the bike is a flagship model for those reasons and also forgiving for a novice, the brakes could be a bit more… Read Full Review