Lloyds Bank Platinum / Gold Current Accounts Reviews

• Ease of use

Lloyds Bank Platinum / Gold Current Accounts - Ask a question now

“They do not cover you for anything and insist that...”

Written on: 18/08/2020 by Lukebutcher77 (1 review written)

They do not cover you for anything and insist that their approved engineers get to look at the phone before Apple do. Apple condemned the damaged phone as beyond repair and state it needs replacing. Lloyds refuse to replace it. Left with a broken phone, with cracked front and back that I cannot make or receive calls on. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY USING THIS BANK ACCOUNT… Read Full Review

“Travel Insurance. No chance of a claim.”

Written on: 12/06/2016 by HanaRussell197 (1 review written)

On 3 occasions I have attempted to speak to someone with regards to making a claim. 1st lost baggage, I went without my baggage for 10 days in spain. 2nd Hospital treatment after an injury abroad. 3rd cancelling a flight. Each time I have been passed around different numbers all seemingly very helpful until I come to the claims department which is a different story all together, immediately aggressive, evasive and with no sense of empathy at all. Each time telling me I'm not able to claim… Read Full Review

“On line banking”

Written on: 13/02/2015 by qzCrowley429 (1 review written)

I have recently contacted Lloyds call centre to 1) reduce my overdraft and 2) cancel my credit card (which I haven't used for years). Despite cancelling my credit card it still appears my on line banking screen with the same credit limit appearing. There appears to be a disconnect here, in that they either haven't cancelled my credit card account or they haven't updated the on line banking summary of services I have with the bank. Why in todays world with technology do I find myself having… Read Full Review

“On line banking”

Written on: 13/02/2015 by qzCrowley429 (1 review written)

“Keep away from this bank. I went £30 overdrawn for a...”

Written on: 16/05/2010

Keep away from this bank. I went £30 overdrawn for a very very short time and they fined me £92 pounds.

I can afford this fine but I am outraged that this dispicable (so called bank) is hurting people with these un-called for and bloated fines.

Keep - Away. I cancelled my account and hope that you do as well… Read Full Review

Firebyrd's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2015

if you went overdrawn without an autherised overdraft it's your own fault, and if you can afford the fine why did you go overdrawn in the first place.

Firebyrd's Comment

Written on: 10/11/2015

if you went overdrawn without an autherised overdraft it's your own fault. and if you can afford the fine why did you go overdrawn in the first place.

Read 2 Comments

“I expected a better service from the insurance side. I...”

Written on: 21/02/2010 by lesliea (1 review written)

I expected a better service from the insurance side. I have had problems with my mobile 'phone and after four returns I am still without a working handset.The last twice it has been returned to me the repair has not lasted a day. I asked to speak to a supervisor to complain and was fobbed off. They call it a service.
I would have liked to have known the level of service before I authorised a direct debit.
One repair yes, two repairs maybe, still no replacement after four. Unnaceptable… Read Full Review

“I don't have any bank account in Lloyds but I have had...”

Written on: 23/04/2008 by cugiiii (1 review written)

I don't have any bank account in Lloyds but I have had really huge crass service there.

I deposited 1516.67 pounds via Deposit point box at Hanover square branch on 18th Mar to other's account.
Account holder called me that money hasn't been cleared to his account yet on 29th Mar.

I'd claimed about it on 1st Apr and heard it would take 2 weeks to investigate.
So I visited 3 days to check how it has carried out and haven't been told any about it.
Just been told to wait for the call by a branch… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I've banked with Lloyd's for around 25 years. They...”

Written on: 30/09/2007 by johncfield (3 reviews written)

I've banked with Lloyd's for around 25 years. They used to be very well run, with supportive branch managers and very efficient services. In the past few years, they've gone seriously downhill - partly due to some very crass centralisation.

*At one point, they offered me private banking but then never replied when I asked for a meeting and advice.
* When I asked them to check on a cheque book in case it had gone missing, they admitted that they had no idea where it had been sent to. They… Read Full Review

“I went into my branch about 12 months ago. They took...”

Written on: 20/02/2007 by macca160670 (15 reviews written)

I went into my branch about 12 months ago. They took me to a side room and said they could save me money. Before I knew it I had upgraded my account. It wasn't until a month later, that upgrading meant I paid a monthly fee, as I wasn't leaving enough money in the account (well it was a current account! Who keeps spare money in them?)!! I cancelled the upgrade immediately, and I happily went back to a normal current account.

More recently I was looking to have a short term overdraft limit. I… Read Full Review

“We never thought we'd have to change banks. We wanted...”

Written on: 23/08/2006 by robertriche (1 review written)

We never thought we'd have to change banks. We wanted to be loyal customers to Lloyds TSB. Probably for the rest of our lives. But now we can't because they're taking us for a ride.

I have been a very happy Lloyds TSB customer since 1991, when Barclays shafted me as a student, asking for their measly £300 overdraft back during my first summer holiday as a student. Lloyds immediately offered me a £1000 overdraft so I moved to them and have been very happy with them ever since. When I graduated… Read Full Review

Macca160670's Response to 256526_robertriche's Review

Written on: 20/02/2007

I totally agree. It is a shame really, as Lloyds is a good bank, but their staff must get some good incentives to sell te Platinum and Gold current accounts.

Read 1 Comment

“I have been a customer with Lloyds TSB since I fell...”

Written on: 03/08/2006 by Kieran McGeehan (9 reviews written)

I have been a customer with Lloyds TSB since I fell out with Halifax in 2001. During which time I have been in financial difficulties, but they did not treat me any differently.

With the help of the management at my local branch of Lloyds, I no longer struggle with my finances.
Now I arrange most things through them; My current and savings accounts, credit card and insurances, and I have never had a bad word to say about them.

I can access all of the information I want out of hours via… Read Full Review

“Cost cutting, reduction in call centre staff (wait...”

Written on: 01/08/2006 by Robins1 (3 reviews written)

Cost cutting, reduction in call centre staff (wait 'till the new automated service starts this month) it is not for the benefit of the Lloyds Bank Platinum/Gold/Current Account customer. The writing was very much on the wall when a trustees company was floated, and yet the trustees received no payment or incentive. Watch the fees rise as the benefits decrease even further.

P.S. Premier customers be warned - from 5K upped to 7.5k held in a low interest account for what new benefits?… Read Full Review

“I have suffered several attempts to steal my identity...”

Written on: 12/04/2006 by Ieuanfawr (68 reviews written)

I have suffered several attempts to steal my identity and attacks on my Lloyds Bank Platinum account (and credit cards), one of which seemed to be linked to the overseas call centre. None of the attempts were successful; I lost no money, but it has been stressful, time consuming and now restricts my choices in the financial market. The bank have been really helpful; closed the existing accounts and opened new ones without question or cost. I am now on first name terms with Account Integrity… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have banked with Lloyds for nearly 15 years, and...”

Written on: 17/03/2006 by pooj101 (1 review written)

I have banked with Lloyds for nearly 15 years, and whilst a student it was OK, but when I upgraded to a platinum account things went down hill. They are very unhelpful, they take ages to process payments, but they are very quick to charge your account for fees. I am fed up with them. They don't seem to reward customers that have banked with them for a long time, and they just treat you as a number!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have had a Lloyd's bank account for 11 years, both...”

Written on: 05/04/2005 by Sparky Jim (2 reviews written)

I have had a Lloyd's bank account for 11 years, both Business and Personal. Business service is second to none, could not complain, but the service I have recieved in the last 18 months following some debit card fraud has been totally abismal. The collections centre in Brighton are staffed by rude and unhelpful people - Despite giving them crime reference numbers of NUMEROUS occasions they fail to accept fraud occurred. The Card Serviuce unit compound this matter by taking more than 6 months to… Read Full Review

“Being an accountant I'm more financially aware than...”

Written on: 01/04/2005 by mk1978 (6 reviews written)

Being an accountant I'm more financially aware than most, and my experience with Lloyds TSB has been over the last 11 years.
I've never had problems finding someone to discuss my account with, and any detailed questions are passed on to relevant departments and dealt with accordingly within an acceptable time period (24hrs) - they're only human after all!
Any services which they've sold me have been of high value and use to me, the gold service charge of £10 per month which I pay covers not… Read Full Review

“I don't generally write reviews, but having read the...”

Written on: 29/04/2004 by Yi13 (4 reviews written)

I don't generally write reviews, but having read the slating Lloyds have received, I felt that I should give them a bolstering! I have received exemplary service from Lloyds since I was sixteen, when I first opened an account. They have been helpful, and provided me with interest free overdrafts and good value loans when required, as well as sound advice.

Access to the branch manager can be arranged by a simple telephone call and she is always personable.

Judging from my friends'… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Lloyds Bank Platinum/Gold/Current Accounts. God, where...”

Written on: 05/03/2004 by eacd (1 review written)

Lloyds Bank Platinum/Gold/Current Accounts. God, where to start... loans haven't been paid off on two occassions when instructed to move money from current account to loan account, resulting in extra interest being charged. Cheque books haven't been sent as promised. They don't offer a service in the branch to pay money from one account to another bank account unless you pay the £20 CHAPS fee... the wrong people call back on occassions that I've asked to speak to a senior member of staff… Read Full Review

“I've been with Lloyds bank since I was a nipper, as...”

Written on: 19/12/2003 by Roger L (27 reviews written)

I've been with Lloyds bank since I was a nipper, as student and now a graduate. I haven't experienced any of the problems anyone else here has experienced. When I left uni and they sent me a letter offering me an increase on my overdraft, I gave them a bell and they gave me the increase simple as. I've also used them for travel insurance quite happily. The only bad thing I would say about them is that you have to order foriegn currency in advance as they don't have it in the branches unlike… Read Full Review

“Have been with Lloyds since being a child, Things...”

Written on: 17/05/2003 by Max Cottle. (1 review written)

Have been with Lloyds since being a child, Things have never really been good. I had a Platinumn Account (£12per month) and the Gold Account (8 Per Month) and a normal current account. I have had direct debits and standing orders canclelled, without my knowledge cuasing all sorts of upsets, I have spent literally weeks trying to get hold of my Account manager at the branch to sort out problems but she never returns my calls so I have to take time off work to go in and see her to sort out the… Read Full Review