Hitman: Contracts (PS2) Reviews

3.5
  • Addiction Level

• Graphics

Hitman: Contracts (PS2) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hitman: Contracts (PS2)

Specification for Hitman: Contracts (PS2)

Main Features
PEGI 16+
Main characteristics
Publisher: Eidos Interactive
Genre: Action Adventure
ESRB Rating: M - (Mature)
Other Features
ESRB Descriptor: Blood and Gore Intense Violence Strong Language
Max. Number Of Players: 1
Memory Support: With Memory Support
Other
Release Date: 20 April, 2004

“Hitman Contracts is a great game. There are numerous...”

written by The Tattonator on 15/09/2010

Hitman Contracts is a great game. There are numerous ways to go aobut completing the missions, and actions (such as strangling with the Fiber Wire) are much more detailed. I find myself replaying levels just to find extra weapons and figure out new ways to kill targets with the Silent Assassin rating.

However, there are not nearly as many levels as Hitman 2, and I soon find myself playing levels over & over again.

Graphics are decent, and so are sounds.

“I soon got bored of the Hitman: Contracts PS2 game...”

written by lennox1 on 06/11/2006

I soon got bored of the Hitman: Contracts PS2 game after a few levels. I found it very hard to understand what I was supposed to be doing. I got stuck on a level for ages, and I couldn't work it out. It wasn't that I couldn't do the game, I just couldn't get my head round it.

“I have had contracts for about a week now. I...”

written by paintballrules on 12/05/2004

I have had contracts for about a week now. I originally thought the game was, although technically amazing, of lesser level design than silent assassin. However, after finish the initial level I found how wrong I was. There are now more possibilities for completing missions than ever, and if you can do it in real life, chances are you can in the game. For example, you don't have to shoot the lord on the English manor level, you can poison his milk, suffocate him with a pillow as he sleeps or even ram a pool cue through his back! Seriously, there is so much opportunity in this game, and for once it has been fully utilised. Sound, graphics, story and gameplay are all of highest quality. Gun fights are especially nice, with smoke and debris filling the air as bullet crash in the walls, and reflections are also (along with lights, and well, the whole game) particularly impressive, found even in blood. There is something I would like to mention though, and that is that the game is much darker than the previous silent assassin. For example, when you saw the Italian cook chattering about cooking, you would now see a man beating his wife. Where you found a Japanese girl stuck inside the Japanese tower, you now find a young girl hanging from her feet being skinned and decapitated by a twisted butcher. I love a good gory game, but it did even surprise me how realistic this game is, and you will feel less inclined to just slaughter the mass of innocents as I tended to do in Hitman 2, and more kill for a purpose. Failing that, just whip out you twin uzi's or golden desert eagle and watch the claret fly. Finally, I have heard that some reviewers are putting the game down. DO NOT BELEIVE THEM! I advise all of you who liked Hitman 2 to buy this game, just be prepared for something a little darker.