Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTi 16V Reviews

Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTi 16V - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTi 16V

Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTi 16V
Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTi 16V

“My Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTI 16v Mine has a full dealer...”

Written on: 02/09/2006 by kawasaki2 (1 review written)

My Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTI 16v Mine has a full dealer service history to 65k and has cost buttons to get up to 83k. The wheels are small so it turns quick but is skittish in the wet and not so good over pot holes. Also it does not rust easily and my mechanic says mine has no major rot problems and may go on for many more years.

Parts are expensive eg £87 for 5 or was it 7 rubber exhausts mountings and a simple bracket and £100 for an electric window regulator but servicing is cheap as long as you… Read Full Review

“The Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTI 16v car responds well to...”

Written on: 01/04/2005 by sr20de1 (1 review written)

The Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTI 16v car responds well to tuning, and with the right sort of air intake can really sound the business.
Lower it 40mm, fit 17's but don't over tyre it.
Looks quite smart with a q-car factor… Read Full Review

“I have had theNissan Sunny 2.0 GTI 16v a while now so...”

Written on: 22/07/2004 by TwinCam (33 reviews written)

I have had theNissan Sunny 2.0 GTI 16v a while now so i can give a good report on it. First the sr20de engine is a very quick [2.0l 16v] engine for a non turbo car and it is very reliable as is the whole car, but parts do wear and can be quite pricey. My car has a chiped ecu and custom performance air intake it also has a performance header and semi custom exhaust system, with these few mods it makes the sunny a very nippy little car. The handeling i always think is a little scary, alot of… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/11/2004

Quick update. Car feels alot better now in corners as I replaced the tyres with 205 width ones, which are just as grippy as the old 215s, but they don't follow the road contours, the new tyres are Dunlop sp sport 2000 205/55/15s, they are very good tyres, best I have had in the wet, average in the dry and not expensive. Also had suspension looked at and found that I could do with new bushes and it needed a new ball joint, with these fixed car felt alot better.

Read 1 Comment

“I had my Nissan Sunny 2.0lt GTI for 2 years. Really...”

Written on: 08/04/2008 by westbolder (1 review written)

I had my Nissan Sunny 2.0lt GTI for 2 years. Really regret selling it. Fastest car A-B I had except Quattro. A full 30+ seconds quicker on my timing road than a Calibra. Comfortable and slick gearbox. Only lost it once. Thought it was gonna be mega, nearly caught it - backwards up a bank, pulled the spoiler 1/2 off and had loads of grass sticking out of the wheel rims!
Great Car. Looking for a good one not thrashed now is impossible!… Read Full Review

“Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTi 16V, what a car! I love the...”

Written on: 25/08/2006 by tomo1984 (1 review written)

Nissan Sunny 2.0 GTi 16V, what a car! I love the little thing, it goes like mad! As I have played with mine a bit, super chip K&N full s/s, I have got her to run 170BHP at the wheels and thinking of putting a Kent cam in her. I was told she'll be running about 180BHP. Don't get me wrong, parts for theses car are not cheap! Handling is great, you can put her in a corner at about 80MPH and she will come out the over side without trouble and the best thing about the car is that not many people… Read Full Review

Domenico's Response to tomo1984's Review

Written on: 28/08/2007

Can you tell me the model number of the super chip you had installed. I just called up the manufacturer and they said that they only do the superchip for the 1.6?
<br/>
<br/>Cheers

Read 1 Comment

“The Nissan Sunny GTI is a Very Fast car, light weight...”

Written on: 11/03/2004 by TwinCam (33 reviews written)

The Nissan Sunny GTI is a Very Fast car, light weight and 141 BHP in standard form so can beat almost all other hot hatches that are in standard form, if you are a skilled driver that is as maybe the handling of the Sunny Gti is not as good as others, I tend to find mine follows the road contours and the brakes tend to fade fast under braking, also its hard to get all of its power down from a stand still without spining the wheels, having said that mine has been chipped and a full Janspeed… Read Full Review

Jackel1's Response to TwinCam's Review

Written on: 11/04/2004

I agree with a lot that your saying about the sunny, I'm looking for another one as we speak and selling my GT4 cs. I had a sunny 2yrs ago and wish i'd never got rid. But what you say about the handling I definitely dont agree with. ive never had a better handling car and thats on factory suspension and ive had 205s rs turbos and various jap cars 4x4 and all and nothings handled nearly as well.

Calincash's Response to TwinCam's Review

Written on: 12/05/2009

hy there everyone, I"ve got a nissan sunny 2.0, gti, twin cam, 16 V, can I get a manual from the net or from some site, I"d really want to know more about this car, or if could someone tell me if this car has any Euro? as in pollution, Thx all

Tomo1984's Response to TwinCam's Review

Written on: 09/08/2006

hi mate i am selling my GTI GTI-R Rep, were you from? if you are intrested, drop me a e-mail on [email protected] and we will chat and i will send you pic&#039;s and full spec of my GTI Tomo.

250632_Tomfowler12's Response to TwinCam's Review

Written on: 10/07/2006

Hi, I've been looking for a sunny for a for a few weeks now - any ideas where the best place to look for one is, cheers Tom.

Written on: 31/05/2006

Well sold the GTI a bit ago, was sad to let it go. But really wish i kept it, now too poor to own a fast car [starting a family]. Anyway to tomo1984, a really good website that will help you out with your prob is sr20deforum.com sr20de is the engine in sunny gti's. Post it on there and i bet they can help you.

Tomo1984's Response to TwinCam's Review

Written on: 30/05/2006

Hi i have a nissan sunny GTIe with a full GTI-R kit on her but she is not running right, she runs fine and goes like hell but then when she's cold the revs go up and down when driving her but then i will go to work then come back to her at night then she will not start. Can you help me? thanks michael.

Written on: 24/04/2005

Hello Again,
<br>
<br>I am now thinking of upgradding exhaust. Have enquired about the janspeed one with 3;5inch exit pipe and straight through back box.
<br>
<br>Is it really loud? And very noisy in the car when driving?
<br>
<br>Could you tell me what the reference of the JWT chip was so that I can order form them. Is it difficult to install your self.
<br>thanks
<br>and happy mototring
<br>GTI DRIVER

Sunnyboy's Response to TwinCam's Review

Written on: 07/04/2005

Hello,
<br>
<br>Please can you tell me where you purchased your janspeed exhaust and also what the tail pipe size was. Was it really noisy? Comfirm what you mean by 'complete' exhaust system.
<br>many thanks
<br>SM

Written on: 01/02/2005

JWT is a very good Tuning company, this is there website www.jimwolftechnology.com

Fradaja's Response to TwinCam's Review

Written on: 31/01/2005

With regards to wheelspinning during 0-60 time trials,why dont yo do a rolling start say trundling along in 1st with no feet touching controls, this will give you a 0-62 time or 2-62 time to be more accurate. no clutch slipping and in the dry with a car with fwd with sub 180 bhp should be nearly no wheelspin. a far more accurate measure of acceleration as championed by just about every car manufacturer.

Written on: 28/01/2005

BTW
<br>who is JWT?
<br>GTI DRIVER

Written on: 27/01/2005

To GTI driver
<br>When I had all my interior in and sound system installed, which was very heavy, I could get to 0-60 in about 6.8 secs in very good conditions, light wind etc. when I stripped the car interior, seats, sound system, the lot, I could do it in around 6.4 secs in good conditions. I know it could have gone faster but I had a hard time trying to get a good launch as it would spin its wheels a lot more after weight reduction, I also felt that the weight reduction helped more than some of the parts that I installed as I could take corners better and stop better, so if I did it all again and wanted some free speed I would of stripped it out first then bought the aftermarket bits.

Written on: 26/01/2005

TWIN CAM
<br>Thanks very much.
<br> I thought that 7.5 seconds was more in line with manufaturer's specs. Maybe I am getting 9sec because I wheel spin on the start off. Can't get all the power down. Otherwise I guess I will have to check my compression. What was your best time 0-60? at its best?

Written on: 24/01/2005

Also to GTI DRIVER, a standard sunny gti should get 0-60 in around 7.5 not 9 secs, in good conditions. My final mods were ,custom made CAI, cams, pully kit, light weight flywheel, uprated clutch kit, the ECU was also chipped but i'm not sure as to the details on it [last owner had it fitted], but JWT make good ecus for the sr20 engine, and the semi custom exhaust which I mentioned in the last post. I have now sold the car, but I took all the good stuff off, bar the ecu and sold the other parts. I am now looking for a GTIR.

Written on: 24/01/2005

To GTI DRIVER, when the car was at it's best it had a hotshot gen 5 header [manifold] then from the cat back a janspeed system. Hotshot make very good headers [if not the best] for the sr20de engine. And Janspeed make very good cat back systems.

Written on: 14/01/2005

Hello to the sub 6.5 nissan sunny 2.0e gti.
<br>I own a sunny 2.0e gti and would very much like to get it o-60 sub 7secs. At the moment with standard engine but k&n cone air filter I see 0-60 in a long sleepy 9 seconds. I know she can do more.
<br>
<br>What mods did you do on yours? Was the janspeed exhaust complete with 4 to 1 manifold downpipes?
<br>Thanks for your help
<br>gti_driver

Aka1Coffee's Response to TwinCam's Review

Written on: 26/11/2004

I had a Sunny Gti 2.0e for 6yrs and it only Broke down Twice with a flat battery and a wornout Clutch . I think I was lucky because my mate's Sunny had loads of problems lol . You probaly think I didnt use 2 drive the motor much. Well I used to go to most of the Mod Shows and was a Regular at the Track in Brum and also never turned down a Race what ever the Car was - from Astra GSI to any thing with a Turbo, including Cossies belive me, it depends on the driver.
<br>
<br>It had 45,000 on the clock when I bought it but when I sold it, It had wait 4 it (165,000) and still runing good as ever, only reason I sold it was because of the high miles but still got a good price on it. I also had it lowerd, JANSPEED Exhaust system, KnN induction Kit, fly wheel skimed, As for getting parts i'm quite lucky in Birmingham there's a few Jap specialists around. Thats all I had done to the Engine I tink I had about 150 bhp.
<br>
<br> As for the exterior I fitted some DTM Corner/centre Spliter's and a DTM 1 Rear spoiler which sat on top of a standard spoiler. I also fitted some heavy duty Mud flaps. I had 2 change the wheels - there to small so fitted some 16inch Zender 5 spoke twin blades which I got polished to look like crome. By the way my SUNNY was the same colour as yours BLACK they look best in BLACK I think. Also had a load of ICE 2000 WATTS Rms which I still got. I had to change door interior panels so I could fit my JBLs in.
<br>
<br> I would have loved to put those VERTICAL DOORs on if they were out when I had the SUNNY. You will see my SUNNY problay around in Wales in ABERISWORTH.

Written on: 30/10/2004

Sorry my review of this car was maybe a little wrong, I feel that I can now review it better so for an updated review look at my review in the modded car section. Also some info in this review was vague about the mods, I won't go into it as it would take all night, and the BHP info was wrong it was about 175bhp, to get 195bhp I would of had to have cams and a few other small tweaks as well. Also my view on the cars handeling has changed as it got a lot better when I had the suspension set up better, got new tyres and found out I had a broken ball joint, so it's a lot better than before not as on edge and a bit more grip.

Fradaja's Response to TwinCam's Review

Written on: 25/09/2004

Why are you racing standard motors with your non standard motor? Lets say an alfa 156 v6 or an imp turbo or a nissan 200 sx would be more of a race ya bully!

Read 19 Comments