Activity Superstore Reviews

Activity Superstore - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Activity Superstore

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Booking Procedure Very Unclear And Misleading.”

Written on: 22/02/2019 by 302Ogle (1 review written)

The person on helpline did their best to help and we got there in the end but the instructions in the pack were inaccurate and misleading. The scratch off panel did not clearly show the numbers and I subsequently found out this is no longer required as validation because of this problem. No-one else would realise this without having to contact provider! It wasn't clear whether experience had to be booked as soon as validation occurred or not. I'm sure the experience in itself will be… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/02/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for providing a review.

I am sorry that you have found it so difficult to validate your voucher.

We normally have little issues with our validation procedure, so I am sorry that on this occasion this was not the case. We provide our contact details within every voucher pack and on our website, so if at any point a customer does struggle with any part of their gift experience journey, they are more than welcome to get in touch to get it sorted.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and I am sorry for the difficulty you have faced. I hope you have a lovely experience and this does not deter you from using Activity Superstore again.

Kind Regards,

Holly

“to Much Hassle”

Written on: 25/10/2018 by valannmins (1 review written)

Web site instructions differ from instructions on card, not many activities where local to me. when I had to cancel one activity the value of my activity was reduced by half.( I did complain) although a great idea for a present Not good value for money at all… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to valannmins's Review

Written on: 02/11/2018

Hi there,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you found it difficult to find a location in your area. We do have a dedicated sales team who continually work on bringing new suppliers and locations on board, so thank you for highlighting this.

I am concerned to hear that your voucher's value was reduced by half after you cancelled an activity. If the experience was to be cancelled, and the supplier was happy to rebook, we would certainly not reduce the voucher's value by half. Please kindly email us with your voucher number if your complaint still has not been looked into, and I will be happy to forward this on to our customer service team.

Once again, thanks for your review and I am sorry that on this occasion you were left feeling disappointed.

Kind Regards,

Holly

“Mediocre”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by 00Cocktail (1 review written)

I booked a double treatment for my partner and I at the Millbank Bannatyne Spa with an Activity Superstore voucher I was given. The voucher was for £50 and I had to pay an additional £179 for the treatment (so £229 in total). I had a body wrap and a facial and quite simply it is not worth the money. I have been to quite a number of Spa's around the world and this does not come anywhere close. The therapists were very pleasant but very average or less. Activity Superstore were pretty good at… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to 00Cocktail's Review

Written on: 26/11/2016

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you felt the treatments were not value for money and I will be happy to pass your feedback onto Bannatyne as we have no control over their pricing for the additional treatments customer purchase on the day.

Charlotte
Activity Superstore Ltd

“Bad experience”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by UrielRhodes454 (1 review written)

I have emailed about my experience on wed 16/11, suppose to reply within 48 hours, I have had nothing. My photo shoot was not as expected . Too far to travel, pushy sales pitch, bad experience. Expensive. Unprofessional . … Read Full Review

Written on: 26/11/2016

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Could I please ask which email address you used as we respond to all correspondence within at least 48 working hours. If you could kindly resend the email to my attention, I will happily look into this for you.

Charlotte
Activity Superstore Ltd

Read 1 Comment

“Gift that left us out of pocket”

Written on: 11/10/2016 by jss111 (1 review written)

My husband received a voucher for a brewery day for two as a gift. It cost £99. First problem, only one available brewery for 2, all others were for one only! Not what it said on the voucher. The brewery in question only opened on Fridays ... sometimes, the man on the phone didn't sell the experience at all so we decided to speak to AS and see what we could do. £20 to upgrade to 'reduced price' boutique hotel experience, time marches on and again very limited number of 'boutique hotels'… Read Full Review

I do really apologise you have had a bad experience.

With regards to the costs of our vouchers is to cover a number of locations as each venue has a unique direct pricing structure, We do have to allow for the fact that some venues are more expensive then others, however the quality of the experience remains the same.

To provide for all of these locations for potentially an 18 month period to use the voucher, as pricing with hotels fluctuate throughout the year, we do have to consider that in our own pricing .

Read 3 Comments

“No 'unique places to stay'”

Written on: 27/08/2016

My husband bought me a 'unique places to stay' voucher for christmas giving B&B for 2. This was a really thoughtful gift but turned out to be a nightmare to book. It's not easy to work out time away with 2 kids and you are required to book 2 weeks in advance. When we actually looked there were only 5 places within easy driving distance for us to go. 2 of them were windmills but the rooms were actually in motel-like buildings adjacent. None of the places were that 'unique' and when looking for… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/09/2016

Good afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulty you had when trying to find a suitable location and make a booking.

We do try to make the locations available for each experience as clear as possible before purchase, to avoid disappointment with where they are situated. We also advise a booking lead time of 2 weeks to increase the likelihood of your desired date being available, especially if you are looking to book a weekend.

In regards to the Unique venues, I do apologise if they were not as you expected. Each of our locations available under this package have a unique selling point.

Furthermore, I am very sorry that the location you chose was cheaper to go directly. As a third party company we have to take into consideration other costs, such as packaging, distribution and VAT. Also as the voucher you hold is a 'Unique Places to Stay', we have to have a price that covers all 37 locations available within this pack.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, we are always aiming to improve our products and customer service. If you wish to discuss this matter further, do not hesitate to contact us.

I do hope when you stay at your chosen venue you have a lovely experience.

Ria Stanley

Written on: 08/09/2016

Good afternoon

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I do hope when you stay at your chosen venue you have a lovely experience.

Ria Stanley

Read 2 Comments

“Albrighton Hall”

Written on: 22/04/2012

Last year with an Activity Superstore Voucher my husband and I had an afternoon tea at Crewe Hall.In comparison Albrighton Hall, near Shrewsbury,was a great disappointment,for the following reasons: We booked for 4 but the table was only set for 2; We were told afternoon tea would be in the drawing room but was laid out in the bar; There was no atmosphere in the hotel-we were the only guests for afternoon tea; one got the impression that Albrighton Hall did not specialise in afternoon teas; Our… Read Full Review

Activity_Superstore_Representative's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2012

We are very sorry you were disappointed with your afternoon tea. Activity Superstore endeavours to find the best locations for our experiences, therefore we would very much like to investigate your complaint. Please send your voucher number and contact details to [email protected] and I will personally look into this for you.

Read 1 Comment

“Activity Superstore Pro Drive Supercar Experience ”

Written on: 02/10/2011 by BHoward (1 review written)

Received the voucher Christmas 2010 and activated it in August 2011. One set of paperwork stated weekdays only, but when I rang I found I could book Saturdays! Arrived as required, 45 mins early and registered. Had the familiarisation laps (2) then waited over an hour and half for my turn in the Aston Martin. For £125 had an EIGHT minute drive! They are VERY strict about arriving and registering on time, but then keep you waiting. Additionally they rely on you being excited and being willing… Read Full Review

Activity_Superstore_Representative's Response to BHoward's Review

Written on: 18/11/2011

I'm sorry that you weren't entirely happy with your driving experience - we do try to let customers know what to expect on the day but it's not always possible to include all the options in our product descriptions. If you have any suggestions about how we could improve on the service you received and its delivery then please e-mail me at [email protected] we would definitely take them on board and make changes where appropriate.

Read 1 Comment

“I was given a couples comedy club night out voucher...”

Written on: 20/01/2011

I was given a couples comedy club night out voucher for Christmas. When I went to the website it didn't specify the venue just the towns you could book. Nothing in Berkshire where we live despite saying on the gift box that Berkshire was covered.

After reading the reviews on this website I didn't hold out much hope of a refund so I emailed customer services from the 'contact us' page asking what we could do. Miraculously they rang back within minutes and said I could take the gift box back… Read Full Review