Zen Internet Reviews - www.zen.co.uk

Zen Internet www.zen.co.uk
Zen Internet www.zen.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Real people - that I find helpful”

Written on: 20/08/2013 by globelink_admin (4 reviews written)

Been with Zen for many years and consequently they are with many of my customers also through my recommendation. I have used a variety of their broadband services and some of their hosting services. Not tried their VoIP services though. When talking to them whether in technical support, billing or sales I talk to real people who are really from the UK that have no trouble understanding what I am saying, and I have no trouble understanding what they say either. What a delight. I have… Read Full Review

“Great ISP - In one word RELIABLE - if you pay too...”

Written on: 08/06/2010

Great ISP - In one word RELIABLE - if you pay too little for something you can can loose all. If you pay too much for something - all you loose is a little money. That is my opinion of Zen.
They deserve all the credits they get. Not the cheapest but the service is excellent.
They have just increased their monthly download from 5 Gig to 10 Gig. I guess when the time is right and their Punters start voting with their feet, then they will up this free download to something more reasonable in… Read Full Review

“Great customer service, easy web interface which makes...”

Written on: 19/06/2009 by sleepytom (2 reviews written)

Great customer service, easy web interface which makes managing my adsl lines very simple
I can do everything from my zen portal I don't even have to call them.

I have used Zen for many years and will continue to use them for many years to come.

“I've been with Zen Internet since 2002. In 7 years...”

Written on: 22/03/2009 by gnozu (1 review written)

I've been with Zen Internet since 2002. In 7 years with them I've only had one major problem, and that turned out to be because BT had wrecked my ADSL line. Their support were really helpful in working out what the problem was and contacting BT for me (BT were hopeless in their support, by the way). Excellent support from ie the people you call actually seem to know what they're talking about
Excellent service availability. The only problems I've ever had have been BT's fault.

As for speed, I'm… Read Full Review

“I've been with Zen Internet just over a year and not...”

Written on: 20/02/2009 by GrahamStoneman (1 review written)

I've been with Zen Internet just over a year and not once have I lost my internet connection because of faults. Customer service has always replied within a few hours. They've never messed up the billing. Website (especially the customer portal) is excellent. Includes webspace ideal for photos and backups.
An excellent service, but you have to pay a bit more for it… Read Full Review

“Zen Internet were reliable with great backup and good...”

Written on: 26/01/2009 by r j oates (1 review written)

Zen Internet were reliable with great backup and good communications . I have been with Zen for years and have hardly ever had a problem, when I did it tended to be down to to an old modem, since getting the latest type from them I have never had another. The guys cannot be more helpful and problems are always quickly resolved. It may cost a little more than most but the saving in hassle is certainly worth it, I am sometimes tempted to search elsewhere but hear of so many problems, if it works… Read Full Review

“Have been with Zen for almost 18 months... absolutely...”

Written on: 20/11/2008 by Jan42 (1 review written)

Have been with Zen for almost 18 months... absolutely excellent, reliable broadband provider ... you get what you pay for. They email to advise how much of our monthly allowance we have used which is helpful. Customer service is something other providers could learn from. They help even when the problem is not down to them.
I never normally recommend to friends for fear they will find fault but have no hesitation in recommending Zen to anyone. My brother in law changed from BT to Zen on our… Read Full Review

“Used 8000 lite service for two years and never had a...”

Written on: 24/10/2008

Used 8000 lite service for two years and never had a problem with them. They provided intelligent support beyond what would be expected when another hosting company implied my connection was at fault.(of course it wasn't). Although Zen are more expensive than most you get a good reliable service and sensible support. No call centres, no being passed from person to person - well worth the extra… Read Full Review

“After a lot of swapping between providers over the...”

Written on: 25/06/2008

After a lot of swapping between providers over the past 3 years i found Zen 10 months ago & have never thought about changing again… Read Full Review

“Always reliable connection. Excellent customer and...”

Written on: 04/06/2008

Always reliable connection. Excellent customer and technical support. I moved over from Pipex Homecall. Within a week they had fixed the problem I had with my line to the exchange (needed an engineer which Tiscali wouldn't send out). Excellent service, well recommend Zen Internet.co.uk… Read Full Review

“I've been with quite a few ISP's over the years and...”

Written on: 15/03/2008 by jb41 (1 review written)

I've been with quite a few ISP's over the years and helped set up others on various ISP's (So I think I know how it works). Have been tempted by other £18.99 deals, but but have read their consumer poor reviews. Zen has more of a Business User feel and as a homeworker that uses the net for online conferences, lotus notes databases and email, plus web site building - then reliability is a must.I am happy with ZEN Internet and its generous 20g cap, 8mb speed and high reliability… Read Full Review

“Good consistent download speeds. Good communication...”

Written on: 02/03/2008 by kaplah (1 review written)

Good consistent download speeds. Good communication via email of usage and payment of bills. Email forwarding works well and fast. Access to web based email and customer portal. Support has been excellent when required. Zen Broadband - Very positive.

As a home based user I am very happy with the service. It may be more expensive than many other ISP's, but for me is quality and consistency that matters… Read Full Review

“Would like to say they are rubbish so no one else...”

Written on: 15/02/2008 by diggerman (4 reviews written)

Would like to say they are rubbish so no one else joins but they are very very good, real people who know what they are talking about a REAL commitment to customer service rather than the usual lip service, forget price go for quality, Well recommend Zen Internet… Read Full Review

“Been with Zen for 3 years, in that time i've only had...”

Written on: 21/12/2007

Been with Zen for 3 years, in that time i've only had 1 problem which their technical support identified in minutes and resolved. A good professional service… Read Full Review

“After a year with Zen I can say I've had no problems...”

Written on: 22/09/2007 by mycomments (1 review written)

After a year with Zen I can say I've had no problems ('touch wood'- maybe I shouldn't say that!). Reliable and fast. Not the cheapest around. I've tried several other providers in the past and Zen have been the best NDO were pretty good too). Zen Internet are not the cheapest but I guess you get what you pay for and I need reliability (which I get)… Read Full Review

“We are extremely pleased with Zen Internet, and we...”

Written on: 21/08/2007 by bubblyart (2 reviews written)

We are extremely pleased with Zen Internet, and we have recommended them to everyone we know who lives far away from an exchange. With the proper router and their perseverance, we got broadband up and running in a couple of days, where we had been struggling and fighting BT for over a year!

As for pricing... we find them the cheapest among the broadband providers servicing our area. The most reliable and the most honest and straight forward ones.

Certainly worthwhile looking in to if you… Read Full Review

“I migrated from Homecall broadband where I had no...”

Written on: 27/07/2007 by swoodcock (2 reviews written)

I migrated from Homecall broadband where I had no service for 3 months. Within a week Zen had sorted the problem and since then the connection has been good.

Highly recommended… Read Full Review

“I have been with Zen Internet for a couple of months,...”

Written on: 16/09/2005 by wdf (7 reviews written)

I have been with Zen Internet for a couple of months, after a painful time with Tiscali. I would recommend Zen to anyone who wants ADSL that actually works… Read Full Review

“I've been a Zen customer for 4 years, and can highly...”

Written on: 12/08/2005 by blok_york (4 reviews written)

I've been a Zen customer for 4 years, and can highly recommend their service. Granted, they are not the cheapest, nor do they offer 10, 20 or 50Mb lines (yet) - the fastest is currently 2Mb. But they do not cap your downloads, or limit your bandwidth. They do not force you to sign up for a year before ordering. They do not censor or restrict access, and they have the best customer support in the business.
With Zen, you get what you pay for, and I'm prepared to pay a little more for a higher… Read Full Review

Zardos's Response to blok_york's Review

Written on: 02/12/2006

I agree with your comments. Zen is indeed a great ISP. However, the following points you make are now out of date!
<br/>
<br/>>The fastest [speed] is currently 2Mb<
<br/>Not so, I migrated from Pipex (they have well lost the plot...a pity, but true) to Zen's 8Mb service [8000 Active] about 4 months ago, and I am happy with the service and speed so far.
<br/>
<br/>>But they do not cap your downloads<
<br/>Yes they do. The light user service has a 2Mb cap, and the normal/heavy user service has a 20Mb cap. However, I download quite a bit, including films, and I haven't reached the cap as yet!!
<br/>If you think that you will exceed the cap, then you can buy extra Mb's at a reasonable rate.

Read 1 Comment

“I signed up to www.zen.co.uk, mainly because of the...”

Written on: 04/08/2004 by tlionhart (1 review written)

I signed up to www.zen.co.uk, mainly because of the reason they excepted Solo, and there Terms&conditions didn't have restriction to sign up of the users age. Whereas with BT or AOL, you must be 18yrs old I was 17 at the time I signed upto Zen.
It all began when I was recomended by a friend, I had never heard of Zen and was a bit nervous signing upto a ISP I have never heard off.
After I signed up I was notified all the way with the order of the service and its progression. I in fact, got… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/08/2004

The comment: "When signing up, you can't choose a personal email, for example [email protected], you need to buy this additionaly" is incorrect. You can choose any e-mail address you want (as long as it's not being used by somebody else) such as: [email protected] - and three or four more like that if you need them - all free.

Wdf's Response to tlionhart's Review

Written on: 16/09/2005

yes, just email them. I have setup two other alias names. usually good idea to use initials as well. e.g [email protected] and [email protected]
<br>
<br>I emailed them my alias names, and it was done in the same day.

Written on: 01/09/2004

Not much bother. You just have to tell www.zen.co.uk what addresses you want. An e-mail is all it takes. But you do have to let them know. How will they find out otherwise?

Tlionhart's Response to tlionhart's Review

Written on: 31/08/2004

That probably is about right, but it's not good that the customer should have to go to any bother.
Mind you, thank you for that, I will call them today at some point!!
<br>THANKS!!

Written on: 28/08/2004

Zen give you one e-mail address that's generated automatically when you sign up so that you'll have one immediately. To get a different address (something more personal like [email protected], or more suitable for your business like [email protected]) you simply have to contact Zen Customer Services and ask). There is NO charge. You can have a total of five forms of address like this - all free. If you are still in any doubt, check by sending a query here: [email protected]

Tlionhart's Response to tlionhart's Review

Written on: 25/08/2004

I wasnt given this option.
<br>As soon as I signed up, I recieved an email, which the email address is both the account and email number/address.
<br>-If I wished to opt for another email you need to pay.

Read 6 Comments