Philips 32PW9527 Reviews

Philips 32PW9527 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Philips 32PW9527

Philips 32PW9527
Philips 32PW9527

“Latest LCD-tech flatscreen-TV with astonning picture...”

Written on: 07/06/2020 by Roland-Claude (1 review written)

I have this TV for about 18 years, and I have never had any defects. It is the last TV with a tube inside, but having a flat screen of 82cm. Sound is perfect and the speakers make it easy to listen to music or surround sound. The subwoofer inside makes it totally perfect. It is a magnificent item for collectors. I only would have wanted a HDMI-connection on it. But scart was ok. Anyone who wants to have him, is welcome. This is because of big changes in the interior at home… Read Full Review

“I'm writing this review in order to tell those with...”

Written on: 11/11/2009

I'm writing this review in order to tell those with Philips TV 32 inches with problems of picture disappearing suddenly that after a little trouble shooting (plugging, unplugging, transfer to another electric outlet, etc), I got an idea from various reviews. Somebody wrote of unplugging it for a month.
Someone also noticed a static sound when turning on. Anyway, I got an idea that maybe it was the static. I really hate to buy a new TV although I have mine for 8 years already. Anyhow, I went to… Read Full Review

“too expensive and non dependable ”

Written on: 13/10/2009

too expensive and non dependable… Read Full Review

“My Philips Cool Green 32in is now fifteen years old...”

Written on: 12/01/2008

My Philips Cool Green 32in is now fifteen years old and still near perfect, I think the sound system is beginning to show signs of age. Having owned previously a B&O that only lasted 6 years and a Sony that lasted 8 this is far and away the best, and also it's performance was better than both the B&O and Sony sets.

Looking at current TV's this old set is still very good but the new Philips have superior pictures and sound to most that are around. But this old CRT set is no good for HD and

“Pixel plus took a while to get use to for old black...”

Written on: 03/01/2008 by john willsher (1 review written)

Pixel plus took a while to get use to for old black and white films as they seemed too sharp and clear. I suppose you could always turn the option off!

Sound quality and power is great especially with the wireless surround sound.

This TV is now in its 5th year of service for us without a single issue. Still looks and sounds great but I'm afraid I'm about to betray it for a larger plasma, sorry!… Read Full Review

“The best CRT TV I've ever had. Now to be changed,...”

Written on: 06/10/2007 by jluke70 (1 review written)

The best CRT TV I've ever had. Now to be changed, but... only for a Pioneer Kuro 50" full HD… Read Full Review

“The first tube was changed under warranty, the second...”

Written on: 23/11/2006 by frump (1 review written)

The first tube was changed under warranty, the second one outside warranty, but it was sent free by Philips. Overall, electronic things go wrong from time to time, and TV's are not exempt. When the Philips 32PW9527 widescreen TV set works fine it is a fantastic piece of kit, and I do not look forward to buying (being forced to by the market) an LCD set when my Philips will go. Having said that, I might not buy one from Philips though!… Read Full Review

“I am interested in hearing from any one who has had...”

Written on: 24/01/2006 by Davethegofer (2 reviews written)

I am interested in hearing from any one who has had similar experiences with Philips widescreen TV's, specifically the Philips 32PW9527 TV

Unreliability and faulty tubes and line output transformers.
Any evidence of Tubes or sets being recalled.
Poor performance since tube change.
Details of out of warranty support from Comet or Philips.

Any comments would be most helpful. Many thanks… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I purchased the Philips 32PW9527 over 2 1/2 years ago...”

Written on: 30/12/2005 by KENA (1 review written)

I purchased the Philips 32PW9527 over 2 1/2 years ago when the model had not long been introduced. The picture went smaller for a second 2 or 3 times a day. Eventually I had to video the fault before Comet replaced it.

I recall reading in the Sound and Vision magazine not long after this, that Philips were recalling a batch because of a tube fault.

Yesterday I switched it on to find a strange pattern on the screen, and then the TV powered down to flashing standby. It switched on okay after… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“We purchased the Philips 32PW9527 widescreen TV set in...”

Written on: 22/12/2005 by antzinyabance (2 reviews written)

We purchased the Philips 32PW9527 widescreen TV set in April 2003. It worked perfectly for 22 months, and the only problem we had was with the remote control operating our digibox as well as the T.V, so we had to replace it for one recommended to work independently.

It first went wrong in February 2005. The picture kept fading until it eventually disappeared completely. It looked like the tube had gone.

We complained to the retailer who took it away, replacing it with a loan set.

The good… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I Bought a Philips 32PW9527 widescreen TV in November...”

Written on: 14/12/2005 by Davethegofer (2 reviews written)

I Bought a Philips 32PW9527 widescreen TV in November 2002 believing I was buying a product from a reputable manufacturer and retailer. I was wrong!

While Mickey Mouse warranties suit manufactures and retailers, they are dumping rubbish on the consumer. Perhaps a 12 month warranty shows the manufacturers confidence in his product. Mr Philips.

Back to the set...

Throughout its life it would let out cracks with the sound and vision blanking.
Failed October 2004. Bottom of picture folding… Read Full Review

Antzinyabance's Response to Davethegofer's Review

Written on: 22/12/2005

Would be interested to know. Did you take Comet to court, if you did, what happened?
<br>I have experienced the same sort of thing with my set in the same time scale. The retailer will not give me a replacement or refund any of my money, will only keep on repairing it.

Antzinyabance's Response to Davethegofer's Review

Written on: 26/01/2006

Please see my review, since writing it we had a visit from shop's TV engineer who was determined to get to the bottom of the cause for the TVs malfunction. He replaced every scart-lead from all our attached appliances with high quality ones at the retailers expense. Shortly afterwards the t.v. started turning itself off again and so my husband contacted the owner of the shop stating enough is enough, it's time they admitted that the set is a rogue one, he is not prepared to have it repaired yet again and amazingly they bowed down and have replaced the set with another albeit discontinued model. 32PW9618. So far it is working perfectly. Early days though we have had it 2 1/2 weeks. The retailer is prepared to give us 2 years guarantee on this set if it is to our satisfaction. Good result?

Davethegofer's Response to Davethegofer's Review

Written on: 24/01/2006

Situation so far.
<br>Still going through the procedures.
<br>If we could touch base it could be mutually useful. I need better evidence than the pseudo names of these review pages.
<br>I contacted Trading Standards who put me on to Citizens Advice bureau (C.A.B.) who said I should speak with Trading Standards.
<br>So I ambushed (Friendly) the Trading Standards lady in the C.A.B.
<br>She was sympathetic but not overly convincing and asked me to keep her informed as these cases are seldom pursued to court.
<br>I was told to:
<br>Issue a letter of intent. Listing all the details as numbered bullet points details on a separate sheet and agreed / disagree with comments.
<br>End letter stating ‘acknowledge by… full reply by… ‘
<br>Any disagreements will be put before the Court judge and argued
<br>
<br>My cost will be about £180 to get the legal papers issued. (Recoverable if I win)
<br>
<br>At this time I am pursuing the claim and will keep you informed if possible.
<br>I would like more details of the CRT recall if available or any other documentary evidence. I’m not a rich guy but I can be bloody Stubborn when someone separates me from my hard earned.
<br>Dave
<br>Please drop me a line.
<br>[email protected]

Read 3 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“After about 2 and a half years of having my Philips...”

Written on: 03/08/2005 by mikechas (1 review written)

After about 2 and a half years of having my Philips 32PW9527 Widescreen Television (warranty of course was only 1 year), the picture started to go red. I contacted a friend who is a TV repair man, and he said "does it also switch itself into standby from time to time, and have diagonal lines on it". I told him that he was describing it perfectly! Unfortunately, he then told me "it is a known fault with this Philips TV". The cost of repair is too high, so I bought another television. NOT… Read Full Review

Antzinyabance's Response to mikechas's Review

Written on: 22/12/2005

2 and half years is no time for a t.v. to last.
<br>Did you not have any dispute with the retailer you bought it from?

Mikechas's Response to mikechas's Review

Written on: 24/12/2005

I didn't see the point. The TV only had a 1 year guarantee and Philips had already washed their hands of it. Anyway the TV has gone now.

Read 2 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“Immediately after purchase I heard static discharge...”

Written on: 04/03/2005 by MPW (1 review written)

Immediately after purchase I heard static discharge noises and occasion picture interruption. Was told this was normal. 28 Months after purchase the picture went red with horizontal lines across it. Engineers said that the tube had gone. 8 weeks with them for repair and eventually told unrepairable. Philips instruct engineers on website that to repair the tubes for this model requires a particular kit but for this model the kit is NOT FEASIBLE and a solution is not yet known. This is… Read Full Review

Mikechas's Response to MPW's Review

Written on: 03/08/2005

I had exactly the same problems with mine. Contacted a friend who is a TV repair man and he said this is a known fault with the Philips tubes! The cost of replacing it was not worth it, so I have bought a new (NOT PHILIPS) TV.

Pierre Gesippe's Response to MPW's Review

Written on: 24/01/2006

Immediately after purchase I heard static discharge noises and occasion picture interruption. 38 Months after purchase the picture went red with horizontal lines across it. Engineers said that the tube had gone.
THAT's coming from sparks, gap surges into tube gun electrodes, destroying as secondary effect electronic PCB.
DON'T BUY THIS TV BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM.

205316_Storerpa's Response to MPW's Review

Written on: 08/08/2005

I fully endorse this comment. Mine has done the same after 24 months. A new tube can be purchased but with all the added parts that you will need you could be looking at £500. Don't buy from Philips they are not helpful.

Read 3 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“Good news. I left my Philips 32PW9527 unplugged for...”

Written on: 30/12/2004 by fatboyjim2 (1 review written)

Good news. I left my Philips 32PW9527 unplugged for a couple of months as it was no longer worth watching and my girlfriend plugged it back in.. it now works fine. I can only assume that leaving it on standby keeps it running up a huge amount of static and once it has disapated it's a decent picture again. I unplug it every night and it's fine now! Give it a try - you've got nothing to lose as Philips will give you absolutely no help at all… Read Full Review

“Just on 2 years my old screen went red with white...”

Written on: 05/10/2004 by petertres (1 review written)

Just on 2 years my old screen went red with white horizontal lines. I didn't take out extended warranty as TV's are very reliable (the Panasonic it replaced had an original tube warranty of 5 years). Phoned a repair shop who said that it was most likely a tube, and that the No 1 in his shop for replacements was Philips and especially 32". He advised I contact Philips before spending a lot of money.

Went on google and found this centre - and hey what is featured, my TV. Armed with info from… Read Full Review

Alexpw's Response to petertres's Review

Written on: 20/12/2004

I have a Philips DesignLine 32" 9545 (The nice looking 'Cool Silver' screen that is just over 5 years old.
<br>Had minor niggles ever since I bought it but unfortunately never did anything about it. The tube has now gone and despite 3 letters to Philips requesting a negotiated contribution to the repair costs they aren't interested.
<br>My stance was based on other internet threads sugesting the tube in this model had known problem since the start and the Sales of Goods act supposedly gives 6 years protection against 'latent' or 'inherent' faults.
<br>Philips just say they can't help as it would be unfair against those customers who took out extended warranties.
<br>I say I will never buy anything Philips ever again.
<br>I know some might say that I can't really complain after 5 years but I had never bought such an expensive TV before and expected it to last at least 10 years - more fool me maybe ?

Read 1 Comment

“I dont know about UK versions but this Philips...”

Written on: 10/04/2004 by martyz (2 reviews written)

I dont know about UK versions but this Philips 32PW9527 that I have purchased from Australia is fantastic in every way , I recently returned the latest 32 inch Samsung with built in Hard drive ( WS32Z10 ) as it blew up in a week , got my money back & let me tell you this Philips is wicked , it gives almost a 3D appearance , I think its the Pixel Plus function that makes it the best !… Read Full Review

“I am having same problem with my Philips 32PW9527 but...”

Written on: 10/03/2004 by kets1 (1 review written)

I am having same problem with my Philips 32PW9527 but philips told me that i can not have replacement for my widescreen TV....help will be appreciated… Read Full Review

“Thought we had a really good product with the Philips...”

Written on: 30/12/2003 by AlanB (1 review written)

Thought we had a really good product with the Philips 32PW9527 except for the occasional static discharge just after switching on which resulted in the screen going blank momentarily. Then just out of the 12 months warranty after another discharge the picture turned red,which having read the other reviews, is the sign of the broken tube which this model suffers from. Philips have agreed to repair for free… Read Full Review

Benpalmason's Response to AlanB's Review

Written on: 03/02/2004

AlanB: I'm having 100% the exact same problem.
<br>But I'm having problem with Philips and for them to admit that this tube had a defect when I bought the set.
<br>Is there a chance you could e-mail me on [email protected] ???

Read 1 Comment

“Within 6 months my Philips 32PW9527 went horribly...”

Written on: 05/12/2003 by Jezzer1 (1 review written)

Within 6 months my Philips 32PW9527 went horribly wrong! Every half hour or so, the picture shot half way up the screen...very bizarre! Philips are due to replace it with a 9618 model. I hope this is better… Read Full Review

“interested to read about potential batch of faulty...”

Written on: 14/11/2003 by disgruntled of wimbledon (1 review written)

interested to read about potential batch of faulty tubes fitted to this model. Mine after 8 months suddenly started suffering interference with both picture and tube, and got progressively worse, to the point where the picture 'srunk' to a flickering image about one 10th the size of the full screen, then the TV shut down leaving the standby light blinking red, and the only way to restore an image was to turn off the set at the mains, only for the process to repeat itself
Currys from where it… Read Full Review

Petertodd68's Response to disgruntled of wimbledon's Review

Written on: 22/06/2004

Just bought one of these. Can you let me know how you went resolving the issue.
<br>Thanks