Fuji Finepix 4700 Reviews

• Image Quality

Summary

Platforms:
PowerMac, Mac OS 9 and below, Mac OS X, Macintosh, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP
Fuji Finepix 4700 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Fuji Finepix 4700

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I bought my Fuji Finepix 4700 digital camera in...”

Written on: 14/03/2002 by Nick Sullivan. (1 review written)

I bought my Fuji Finepix 4700 digital camera in November 2000 and have taken hundreds of photos with it in all conditions. I also use a Canon AE1 SLR and a Kodak DC4800 in my business. The image quality of the 4700 is good for a digital camera but not up to SLR quality and the camera has (until now) performed perfectly. Like a previous reviewer the "western" button on the LCD panel has become a little "tired" and, more seriously, the camera has developed a "No card" error message for no… Read Full Review

84353_Simon.'s Response to Nick Sullivan.'s Review

Written on: 29/03/2003

Mine (a Japanese model) also developed a CF card error, with every card I inserted. I bought it in early 2000, found the problem in 2002. Shame.

Garyf's Response to Nick Sullivan.'s Review

Written on: 01/02/2005

Hi,
<br> I got card errors on my finepix 4700 (64MB & 128MB Cards).
<br>I'd been using a USB2 card reader under XP SP2 to download images. Instead of just pulling the card out of the card reader, use the "eject" menu item, then remove the card. It cured all my problems!

149282_Georgesx's Response to Nick Sullivan.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2004

I bought my Finepix 4700 in Novmember 2000, and in February 2004, the power problem appeared and the camera is gone, I called a service center and was advised that it might cost a coupel hundred dollars to fix if it's circuit problem.
<br>
<br>Wondering Fuji film will take care of it or not.

Revieweddie's Response to Nick Sullivan.'s Review

Written on: 25/10/2003

I have had my 4700 for 15 months. Really pleased until I received the "NO CARD" error. Tried several cards to no avail. I don't know if it's worth taking to a service center or to just eat the loss. Would like to know what the diagnosis was on your camera. Happened alll of a sudden. Took 4 pics shut the camera off - turned it back on and "NO CARD" happened. Was reaching the 5K pic mark so reset the frame counter too. Tried air blowing it out no luch there either. Appreciate any assistance or what the cost was for repair. Thanks in advance.
<br>edward_carpenter@yahoo.com

Read 4 Comments

“I doubt whether an enthusiastic amateur could want any...”

Written on: 20/11/2001 by Ellis Field. (1 review written)

I doubt whether an enthusiastic amateur could want any more than this digital camera provides. Incidentally - ordered on Friday and delivered on Monday. Excellent service. £20 cheaper than a large High Street store advertising same camera £50 off… Read Full Review

“This is my first digital camera, so a rating is a bit...”

Written on: 15/10/2001 by J Kistruck. (1 review written)

This is my first digital camera, so a rating is a bit arbitrary, but I am totally satisfied with it. The controls are simple and intuitive, the quality is fine, the USB and video interfaces simple. It won't ever replace an SLR for extreme quality shots, and ultimate controlability, but it makes all compact 35mm cameras redundant.

At this price, I'd recommend it to anyone!… Read Full Review

“I have used the Fuji MX2700 for the past 2 years and...”

Written on: 14/10/2001 by Hank. (1 review written)

I have used the Fuji MX2700 for the past 2 years and was looking for something with a little better resolution, a zoom, and expanded functionality. I love the MX2700 output in terms of color rendition, and look and feel of the camera. I initially was going to buy the new 6900 but given the price and doing some soul searching, I decided on the 4700. While not as feature rich, I am absolutely pleased with the image quality. I can say the super ccd and image interpolation definitely increases the… Read Full Review

“No regrets ... lots of fun, some truly excellent...”

Written on: 22/09/2001 by Mike. (1 review written)

No regrets ... lots of fun, some truly excellent images. Have actually made a decent amount of money by doing formal group shots and having them processed by Photobox. Customers are shocked to get top quality A4 images in just two days from shooting! I am shocked to find the images as good as scanned negs from my Nikon! Camera has just gone back to Fuji under guarantee (10 months old) because the 4-way push button bezel at the rear, so essential to its operation, has become 'tired' ... the… Read Full Review

“First digital camera. You will want to buy a larger...”

Written on: 01/09/2001 by Tim. (1 review written)

First digital camera. You will want to buy a larger memory card as the 16 MB gets eaten up quite quickly. Very nice picture quality. Comes with a lens cover which, believe it or not, is not standard equipment on most digital cameras. Thumbnail preview is a nice touch. In addition to the viewing LCD, there is a round LCD surrounded by 4 buttons to control zoom, flash etc. Turns green in display mode and orange when in camera mode - slick! Based on the features this camera has I would rate… Read Full Review

“Biggest criticism is the Finepix 4700's limited...”

Written on: 29/08/2001 by Steve Parry. (1 review written)

Biggest criticism is the Finepix 4700's limited resolution options - the 640x480 mode is too low to be any real use, 1280x960 is pretty good, but if that is all I wanted, I'd have bought a 1.3 megapixel camera. From there you jump straight to 2400x1800 4.3 megapixel mode, which is a little over the top for everyday use, and due to the way SuperCCD works, introduces a slight degradation of quality. My brothers fuji 4900 zoom, using the same SuperCCD, has an option for a mid-resolution of… Read Full Review

“The Finepix 4700 is my second Fuji. First was the...”

Written on: 24/08/2001 by D. Atkinson. (1 review written)

The Finepix 4700 is my second Fuji. First was the excellent MX1200. The 4700 is superb. The fine lens is backed up with excellent colour reproduction. Large prints are no problem. I would recommend this camera to anyone… Read Full Review

“my first digital camera and it is fantastic, a few...”

Written on: 10/07/2001 by graham price. (1 review written)

my first digital camera and it is fantastic, a few friends saying oh you won't get as good a quality as you do with a "normal camera" but how wrong they were. Aluminium body seems robust and looks great as well. I have taken well over 600 pictures and am still amazed at the print quality… Read Full Review

“One of the reason I liked the Finepix 4700 was that I...”

Written on: 01/07/2001 by Tobias Goebel. (1 review written)

One of the reason I liked the Finepix 4700 was that I could make little movies (Avi's)as well. As you normally can convert them into other formats such as animated gifs. However the camera is using such a compression that this is not possible. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. I have tried to contact Fuji (co.uk, .com, ...) several times. And have had no answer to the problem in fact I had no answer at all.

You wanna make easy going pics, this is the camera to go for. But just don't have any problems, as… Read Full Review

“Bought the Fuji 4700 as a Xmas present for myself and...”

Written on: 30/06/2001 by Richard. (1 review written)

Bought the Fuji 4700 as a Xmas present for myself and have thoroughly enjoyed the camera and used it for my brochure pictures for our self catering unit. The images on the normal setting are good enough for our needs.
Looked extensively on the internet at the various cameras on offer and the prices asked before purchasing and can say that I would buy the camera again and from Internet Cameras Direct again… Read Full Review

“Hmmmm......To be honest the Finepix 4700 camera..is a...”

Written on: 29/05/2001 by Shaun. (1 review written)

Hmmmm......To be honest the Finepix 4700 camera..is a joy to hold...at first it felt too small in my hands..but after taking a few pictures..that went away...The camera itself takes wonderful pics..i have it on normal at 1280 x 960. Which gives me about 48 pics...on the 16mb smartcard..which comes in the pack..and i found this fine for my needs..The only drawback i found was the LCD screen...when i change from record to play..as you would do to see what the picture looks like..you need to… Read Full Review

“It has taken me about a year to get familiar with all...”

Written on: 05/05/2001 by Clyde. (1 review written)

It has taken me about a year to get familiar with all the features. Shortcuts are available for all feature selections, it just takes experience to remember them all.

The higher resolution images are great, viewed on a CRT or printed with a reasonable printer. Color
seems to be accurate.

The relatively low battery capacity dictates that you always have a fresh set in your pocket… Read Full Review

“The viewfinder is positioned in the top-centre of the...”

Written on: 04/04/2001 by Alex. (1 review written)

The viewfinder is positioned in the top-centre of the camera which I find difficult looking through. Positioning it on the left would mean that my nose didn't get in the way.

Focusing is difficult in low light situations and I have to resort to manual focus.

Several spare batteries are needed if a long photo session is needed as the screen eats up a lot of power.

Having a mode which popped up the flash automatically would be nice however as it is so easy to review the pictures this is not… Read Full Review

“Got the camera straight out of the box and wow. The...”

Written on: 13/03/2001 by Gary. (1 review written)

Got the camera straight out of the box and wow. The size of the camera is really neat and compact. I could not believe that something this small would give such quality. I had a small handy cam which was 0.1 million pixels which was pants in comparison in the quality. I am a beginner to digital photography and have had excellent results.

Superb… Read Full Review

“Close to pro-quality images (I work in the industry)...”

Written on: 10/03/2001 by Mark. (1 review written)

Close to pro-quality images (I work in the industry) in bright daylight or well-lit flash work.

Huge CCD output means Photoshop keenies can crop the image savagely and still retain enough pixels to create great pictures. Holiday and family snappers will probably want to constrain the image size by using the medium resolution/compression settings, which reduce the resulting file to 500k or less. This still produces images which print wonderfully at 6x4 or 5x7.

Ridiculously easy to use in auto… Read Full Review