Nikon FG20 Reviews

Nikon FG20
Nikon FG20

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I bought my Nikon FG20 35mm SLR camera in 1993 with my...”

Written on: 16/06/2002 by Jinxie. (1 review written)

I bought my Nikon FG20 35mm SLR camera in 1993 with my high school graduation loot, when it was already 11 years old. It has served me well all this time and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's durabilty has survived falling off rocks hiking in the mountains (I broke 3 fingers), hell once I fell off an ocean jetty (yes I stuck the camera in the air so it wouldn't get wet). I often take my FG20 with me to get shots that I couldn't otherwise get with my Mamiya Pro TL… Read Full Review

117995_Jose Hemanz.'s Response to Jinxie.'s Review

Written on: 23/07/2003

In 1993 he buys an eleven yr old camera that was introduced to the world in 1984??? Math prob..
<br>It is a tough camera, will do anything, almost..

Read 1 Comment

“£150 with "50mm Nikkor A" back in 1985, was a good...”

Written on: 30/09/2001 by Guru. (1 review written)

£150 with "50mm Nikkor A" back in 1985, was a good price. Mechanical shutter speed of 1/90th sec is handy for battery failures. My Nikon FG20 developed a problem with the electronic shutter whilst under warranty, I upgraded to a Nikon F301 after 9 months. Nice camera though, a good intro to Nikon cameras. I will get another one to use as a backup body… Read Full Review

76844_Guru.'s Response to 4494_Guru.'s Review

Written on: 02/03/2003

I forgot to state that, if the batteries fail and the FG-20's shutter dial is set to anything other than M90 or B, the camera defaults to a 1/1000sec mechanical shutter speed. Thus, the FG-20 has 3 mechanical speeds, B, 1/90 & 1/1000. Nikon don't state this feature, but it is there (the Nikon EM also has this feature).

Read 1 Comment

“Very compact, light, and fast enough for most action...”

Written on: 01/07/2001 by Jimmy B. (1 review written)

Very compact, light, and fast enough for most action sports. Lenses are cheap. Good camera overall… Read Full Review