Canon F-1 Reviews

Canon  F-1
Canon  F-1

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“You could pound 6" nails in with them”

Written on: 23/04/2013 by flashinthepan (1 review written)

I'm a retired pro,and I bought 2 F1N AE bodys in 1985 and they've just gone on working wherever in the World I've taken them for 28 years whatever the conditions and just done the job. I like them so much when I die they'll have to prise mine from my cold dead hands… Read Full Review

“I bought my 38 year old Canon F1 with a titanium focal...”

Written on: 09/06/2009

I bought my 38 year old Canon F1 with a titanium focal plane shutter at the NKP BX in Apr. 1971. I carried it all through SEA (SVN, Cambodia, Laos) and took a significant number of my pics. as a combat pilot with it. It has worn like iron and, even after 1000s of photo shoots with it on most of the continents, it has required only one minor repair (battery contact). I am currently looking for a replacement 625 battery for it. Even though I have too many modern day digital cameras to count… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/08/2011

I have recently rediscovered film photography after an eight year break from my Nikon FM and FEs. I have owned a T90 for a few weeks and now looking at the F1 - exactly what my idea of a camera is and thanks to Larry Williams great review I have one ready for me to collect from my local camera store. Thanks Larry and I liked to Raven pics. What lenses did you use with the F1. Dave Sharp

Read 1 Comment

“I love everything about the Canon F-1, from it's metal...”

Written on: 12/05/2005 by master of disguise (1 review written)

I love everything about the Canon F-1, from it's metal body to it's ability to stand up to anything! They really don't make them like this now-a-days, it's hard to get a better bang for your buck, and it's well worth it!… Read Full Review

“I carried a Canon F-1 35mm SLR Camera for more than...”

Written on: 07/08/2003 by thumper06 (1 review written)

I carried a Canon F-1 35mm SLR Camera for more than thirty years in VietNam, Thailand, Cambodia, Loas, Bruma, India and throught Europe. The F1 is by far the best SLR 35MM ever made. Wish I could find another body, mine got took out with a bullet in Columbia. Anyone know where I can get a good one? thumper06baja@hotmail.com. best camera body ever made… Read Full Review

Azazel's Response to thumper06's Review

Written on: 06/10/2003

You can usually find a Canon F-1 for sale at
<br>keh.com
<br>drill down through "New and Used equipment"
<br>
<br> I have bought 4 bodies from them, great company !

Read 1 Comment

“There's not too many things in life that can go for 30...”

Written on: 28/12/2002 by Tom. (1 review written)

There's not too many things in life that can go for 30 years without needing repairs...my Canon F-1 is one of them.
I've used this camera everywhere from glaciers in Alaska to architecture in New Mexico and it hasn't failed me yet… Read Full Review

75373_Andy.'s Response to 60967_Tom.'s Review

Written on: 24/02/2003

The only thing that I don't like about the Canon F1 is that Nikon didn't make it first. Shame that. The Canons that came afterwards weren't a patch on this superb machine.

Andy