Massive Attack, Protection Reviews

7. Eurochild
8. Sly
9. Heat Miser
10. Light My Fire [Live

“When I started listening to Massive Attack the 1st...”

written by blackmilk98 on 05/01/2007

When I started listening to Massive Attack the 1st thing I picked up was Mezzanine which I found absolutely amazing. Then I picked up Blue Lines which was a different-sounding album compaired to Mezzanine. Blue Lines had a more hip hop and reggae feel to it mainly because of Horace Andy's Vocals. Later I did have the experience of seeing them live for the 1st time only really knowing Mezzanine/Blue Lines songs and I found that they did play stuff off of 100th Window and Protection. Shortly after I got 100th Window So in order I started with Mezzanine, Blue Lines, 100th Window then last Protection so I kind of bounced around their discography a little only to end up in the middle with Protection. I, however, didn't find this a disappointment. I think it is a perfect 2nd effort and wouldn't want it any other way.