Carnival Cruises, Triumph, Western Caribbean Reviews

Carnival Cruises, Triumph, Western Caribbean - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)
☆☆☆☆☆

“When they told us they were cancelling the Grand Turk...”

Written on: 08/09/2008 by nmehaffey (1 review written)

When they told us they were cancelling the Grand Turk port. They offered us $20.00 a person, just like they did with the Bahamas port. Can you believe that, from a $2000.00 dollar cruise, I saw 2 places, and got $40.00 bucks back. All my excursion were cancelled, and it took days to receive my refund. Which still has not posted to my bank account. I won money in the casino, which was great, but no where near compensated for the time, money, efforts, and everything else I put into trying to make… Read Full Review

“This was my first cruise for our whole family. On...”

Written on: 28/04/2005 by carnivalbadmemory (1 review written)

This was my first cruise for our whole family. On Apr.16, 2005 The Carnival Triumph was supposed to leave Miami port at 4:00PM. But instead of leaving the port, there was emergency drill. We didn't know what happened. So we left there as well. I left my chair one minute and immediately realized I didn't take my camera with me so I went back to my chair. MY OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA WAS GONE!!! Also came with bag I had three memory cards and cable and rechargeable battery. I went down to purser… Read Full Review

Adi1209's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 29/04/2007

I'm sorry that you got your camera taken but anywhere in the world that you leave behind an expensive item, it is likely to be taken. This is life, you live and you learn, right?

434936_Sugar1161's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 24/01/2009

The emergency drill that occurred on the ship is required and would have taken place on any other ship, not just Carnival. They have to do it prior to leaving the port and I have been a number of Carnival cruises and you are told with time to spare, to go to your room and gather your life jackets to proceed to the muster station. It isn't Carnival's fault that you left your camera behind.

Dane1212's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 10/09/2007

I also fully disagree with comment 1. I would not be trying to teach this guy or girl a lesson. Geesh. I feel very bad about how their camera was stolen, and to be honest i sailed on carnival pride and will never sail again with the carnival cruise line. You know i hope the reviewer gets this comment because i think the staff should have been able to help you find the camera!Obviously it was snatched quickly! Once again sorry to here this. Please respond reviewer if you get this comment. Thank you!

298431_Tray Bay's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 14/07/2007

I have to agree 100% with the other reply- there are theives everywhere. It is not Carnival's fault your camera was stolen. Sounds like you were very upset- rightfully so- but you can't blame someone else. Carnival knows why they had to do a drill- probably for YOUR safety. It's not like they did a drill so your camera would get stolen. It's very easy to sit back and criticize others. Sorry you had to experience this. Let's face it- people get things stolen all the time in life. That's why it's up to us to protect our stuff no matter where we are- even in our own home.

Read 4 Comments

“After 30+ cruises we are disappointed to say that our...”

Written on: 28/06/2004 by barryk (1 review written)

After 30+ cruises we are disappointed to say that our cruise on the Carnival Triumph was the worst cruise experience that we have had. We booked a "suite" on the ship, an expected a similar experience as on other ships.
Our cabin was filthy. When we first entered the cabin, there was glitter on the heavily stained carpet, there were holes in the walls, the upholstery was heavily stained, the laminate covering the cabinets was torn off, there were bobby pins on the stateroom counter (left over… Read Full Review