Carnival Cruises, Triumph, Western Caribbean Reviews

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Carnival Cruises, Triumph, Western Caribbean - Ask a question now

“My wife and i took our first cruise together to...”

Written on: 19/04/2010 by Annie Duffy (1 review written)

My wife and i took our first cruise together to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary in February this year. I must stress i can not fault Carnival Cruises, the ship the food the excursions all surpassed my expectations the only fly in the ointment was Tanzanite/Diamond international.We were informed at the information session on board prior to arriving in St Thomas that the jewellery was tax free and worth an estimated 60% more when valued at home, but to bargain with them to get the price… Read Full Review

Uniquewoman304's Response to Annie Duffy's Review

Written on: 11/09/2010

I found this review very helpful because... it lets me knkow not to shop at that business I wonder how long have they been ripping people off that is a shame and I think the cruise lines shouldn't recommend their coustomers to shop there. In fact they should worn them!!!!!!

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“When they told us they were cancelling the Grand Turk...”

Written on: 08/09/2008 by nmehaffey (1 review written)

When they told us they were cancelling the Grand Turk port. They offered us $20.00 a person, just like they did with the Bahamas port. Can you believe that, from a $2000.00 dollar cruise, I saw 2 places, and got $40.00 bucks back. All my excursion were cancelled, and it took days to receive my refund. Which still has not posted to my bank account. I won money in the casino, which was great, but no where near compensated for the time, money, efforts, and everything else I put into trying to make… Read Full Review

“I loved our Carnival Triumph cruise. For the money,...”

Written on: 01/06/2007 by cruises101 (1 review written)

I loved our Carnival Triumph cruise. For the money, you can't beat it! At less than $100 a day, you can't stay in a hotel for that today! I booked this through the www.allaboardcruisescorp.com who are Caribbean Cruise specialists. All Aboard Cruises Corp. beat the cruise lines rate and also gave me a $200 coupon book to use on the ship. These guys know cruises!… Read Full Review

“This was my first cruise for our whole family. On...”

Written on: 28/04/2005 by carnivalbadmemory (1 review written)

This was my first cruise for our whole family. On Apr.16, 2005 The Carnival Triumph was supposed to leave Miami port at 4:00PM. But instead of leaving the port, there was emergency drill. We didn't know what happened. So we left there as well. I left my chair one minute and immediately realized I didn't take my camera with me so I went back to my chair. MY OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA WAS GONE!!! Also came with bag I had three memory cards and cable and rechargeable battery. I went down to purser… Read Full Review

Adi1209's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 29/04/2007

I'm sorry that you got your camera taken but anywhere in the world that you leave behind an expensive item, it is likely to be taken. This is life, you live and you learn, right?

434936_Sugar1161's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 24/01/2009

The emergency drill that occurred on the ship is required and would have taken place on any other ship, not just Carnival. They have to do it prior to leaving the port and I have been a number of Carnival cruises and you are told with time to spare, to go to your room and gather your life jackets to proceed to the muster station. It isn't Carnival's fault that you left your camera behind.

Dane1212's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 10/09/2007

I also fully disagree with comment 1. I would not be trying to teach this guy or girl a lesson. Geesh. I feel very bad about how their camera was stolen, and to be honest i sailed on carnival pride and will never sail again with the carnival cruise line. You know i hope the reviewer gets this comment because i think the staff should have been able to help you find the camera!Obviously it was snatched quickly! Once again sorry to here this. Please respond reviewer if you get this comment. Thank you!

298431_Tray Bay's Response to carnivalbadmemory's Review

Written on: 14/07/2007

I have to agree 100% with the other reply- there are theives everywhere. It is not Carnival's fault your camera was stolen. Sounds like you were very upset- rightfully so- but you can't blame someone else. Carnival knows why they had to do a drill- probably for YOUR safety. It's not like they did a drill so your camera would get stolen. It's very easy to sit back and criticize others. Sorry you had to experience this. Let's face it- people get things stolen all the time in life. That's why it's up to us to protect our stuff no matter where we are- even in our own home.

Read 4 Comments

“My family and I just returned from a 7 day Western...”

Written on: 08/04/2005 by Caymangirl (1 review written)

My family and I just returned from a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Triumph. We had a great time. May I also add that we cruised during Spring Break with many college and High School kids. Never did we ever feel that we wished we chose another week. The ship is large enough that at times you didn't even know it was Spring Break. Being from New York we are used to a fast pace and do not have a lot of patience to wait around for service of any kind. I must say that we were served with… Read Full Review

“After 30+ cruises we are disappointed to say that our...”

Written on: 28/06/2004 by barryk (1 review written)

After 30+ cruises we are disappointed to say that our cruise on the Carnival Triumph was the worst cruise experience that we have had. We booked a "suite" on the ship, an expected a similar experience as on other ships.
Our cabin was filthy. When we first entered the cabin, there was glitter on the heavily stained carpet, there were holes in the walls, the upholstery was heavily stained, the laminate covering the cabinets was torn off, there were bobby pins on the stateroom counter (left over… Read Full Review

“My wife and I were disappointed in the mediocre level...”

Written on: 12/04/2004 by stoker (1 review written)

My wife and I were disappointed in the mediocre level of service on the Carnival Triumph. We had been led to believe that you will be pampered on a cruise. Not on the Carnival Triumph. The cruise director openly begged and coached audiences to give "exceed expectations" ratings on comment cards, but never explained what to do if one had a problem. By the way, the purser informed me the cruise director was not available to speak to me, at any time.

Lines of 15-20 minutes were the norm on… Read Full Review