Autoglass Reviews - www.autoglass.co.uk

Autoglass www.autoglass.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Autoglass www.autoglass.co.uk

Autoglass www.autoglass.co.uk

“What a farce ”

Written on: 29/08/2022 by Destinee469 (1 review written)

OMG this company is such hard work. Couldn’t have the windscreen fitted remotely as it had to be calibrated. Booked online for York, an hour away but the nearest for me. Then got a phone call to say the appointment I booked on their system wasn’t actually available. Had to wait 10 days for appointment then, when I got there, they immediately told me on seeing the car that, they hadn’t got any of those windscreens in stock. They have no idea when they will have any so, just wasted a 2 hour round trip for nothing. I wish I could go somewhere else but can’t

“Attempt for Windscreen repair ”

Written on: 13/08/2022 by 448Elliott (1 review written)

I've had a minor chip on my windscreen due to that while I was driving car in front of me throw a little stone for the road . So I decided to call my insurance company right away and ask what the options are , they recommended to get in touch with AUTOGLASS,,and i did so , the advisor on the phone sounded like a cool guy ready to help , that's what he did . After arond 20 questions like where the chip is how big is how wide is how deep is and all that + photos of it we ended up to the point is really small one and very easy to repair ( booking was done ) easy as that I paid the small price of £25 just because I'm doing it towards my insurance company otherwise he said that will cost me arond £200/250 . So few days later was the time for my booking unfortunately I wasn't available to be home at that time , car was there ,keys was there , person to handle the keys was there . So the technician show up at the right time and gave me a call telling me "I'm here " and he hang up, in the first moment I didn't realise who is where because I was at work ,so I called him back ask him Is he the technician and that a person from the house will handle him the keys , meanwhile he decided to tell me that , while trying to fix my windscreen unfortunately he might crack it more and that is in the T&C of the company. I was a bit shocked because I'm paying for repair not for damaging , and I told him I'm not happy at all with that and that he have to be careful what he is actually doing , he said yes it is very rare that to happen anyway . And us you can all guess 5 min later I'm getting another call form him and with laughing voice he is telling me that my windscreen have cracked . Not even apologie no nothing, but he did said that , I no need to worry but just pay another £90 and they will just replace my windscreen. I get quite frustrated, and he told me that's up to me if I don't want to pay that extra money I can carry on with cracked windscreen with not shame of that he is the one that crack it . That is just unacceptable, you are paying for repair service and you get just unrepairable windscreen , and to be honest it's not just that I think the technician was completely incompetent ,but also that company like this is just trying to squeeze some more extra money . I'm really sorry I can't post photos of before and after he touched my car , so everyone can actually see what you might have to pay for if you decide to use the glass repair service from Autoglass . Very very unhappy,disappointed and I really regret for that I used them .

“An absolute joke, damages my car, do not hear back. ”

Written on: 08/08/2022 by djwmcnae (1 review written)

An absolute joke. An autoglass engineer has damaged our car roof over a week ago and no one has been in touch even though this is apparently a priority case. We have chased this 3 times (3 times more than I feel we should have had to) but still get no where. Apparently the department dealing, we can not speak with, so all we can do is speak to someone in customer service who can pass a message on. I have always said, humans make mistakes.... It's how the company deals with these mistakes that shows how good they really are and how much they care for the customer.... Well take it from me, they do not care one bit for us. Just another money hungry company that doesn't care. Will not use them ever again, will use a smaller, more local company.

“They repaired Mt glass absolute rubbish. ”

Written on: 03/08/2022 by 136Lockhart (1 review written)

They were disgusting. Repair lasted 1 day and I the had it redone by a professional company.

“3 failed bookings with lots of wasted time”

Written on: 03/08/2022 by craigp76 (1 review written)

Very poor experience. Had a 2 week wait for my first appointment and had to drive 20 minutes to get to it, only to find that no-one was booked on the job and the right glass wasn't ordered anyway. Rebooked for a week later which was cancelled on the morning of the appt because again no-one was available to do it. Then this morning had the 3rd appt fail as once the guys got here they couldn't fit as they didn't have the right parts. Very unhappy and have raised a complaint, which after over a week still hasn't been responded to, and in total with driving round and talking to people have easily wasted 3-4 hours trying to get this sorted. Now rebooked for the 4th time for next week.

“rubbish, don't bother, screen still not fixed.”

Written on: 01/08/2022 by 382MacKenzie (1 review written)

Over three months and my screen isn't fixed. They've booked it in and canceled 3 times. They keep sending a link to book the appointment that doesn't work. I'm still no closer to getting my screen fixed and just keep getting empty, pointless apologies while the crack on my screen keeps getting bigger.

“Windscreen worse ”

Written on: 30/07/2022 by Harse32 (1 review written)

Had auto glass out to repaire a windscreen sent all the photos yes we can repaire came out and he as made the windscreen worse and now I have to have a new windscreen my bill as now tripled from what the advert says false advertising or what I seemed to av the smallest chip they can’t fix now the crack is larger than a £2 coin I got told that the hot weather coming could cause it to crack more haha

“Terrible Service”

Written on: 29/07/2022 by PMH100 (1 review written)

Well done Autoglass.. just gonna tell all your potential customers what a shower you are. Booked to replace a screen on the 16th July. Next available day 25 Jul. The day comes but no technician arrives. Call Autoglass at 4pm to be advised that it won't be happening today as the allocated technician was not qualified to fit the screen and calibrate the sensors.. Technician didn't call me or AG didn't call me to let me know. Next available appointment 3rd August. Car can't be driven as is the screen was damaged. No call to say that this couldn't be done. To make things worse I called these guys on Friday to confirm they had the glass and everything was OK. They assured me that it was. Yes I've made a complaint, yes they have apologise, doesn't sort the car out though soon enough though does it . Get your fingers out please AG.

“Unbelievably disgraceful and incompetent”

Written on: 20/07/2022

I cannot understand how anyone can give more than 0 star based on my dreadful experience. Utterly disgraceful. Autoglass repair, Autoglass replace, no they do not, Autoglass are a disgrace! Second time of trying to get windscreen replaced on a standard Ford Smax (quite a normal car in my opinion, nothing out of the ordinary). First time around, glass was not in stock, waited and waited MONTHS, they took my voluntary contribution, had that, made a booking, but no windscreen. Tried contacting my insurance company, ADMIRAL (also avoid), who said Autoglass were THE approved repair group, but they couldn't provide me with a windscreen. So now what? Asked for excess money back. Tried again few months later, booking went through, spoke to Autoglass explaining this second attempt and now I can no longer drive the car because of the length/position of crack, Aglass assured me the windscreen was available otherwise it wouldn't have let her make the booking, it wouldn't go through on the system. Lovely I thought! Confirmation email received, text message on the morning of the day before..."please drop your car off to Reading Autoglass etc". Great! Same afternoon, telephone call from Autoglass, no windscreen available for my car! Will be back in touch when they have it in stock! I had arranged time off work to attend the appointment based on the confirmation text this morning. Four hours later, the winsdcreen is not in stock! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PLAYING AT? NO windscreen, unable to drive car, and Aglass are my insurers only approved service! It just could not be anymore ridiculous!

“If I could give negative stars I would”

Written on: 12/07/2022 by Madmummy6 (1 review written)

Sent to autoglass by my insurance company to repair a broken windscreen. First engineer did a terrible job. Screen not fitted, left wipers broken (which we discovered later on when in torrential rain) and completely damaged my aerial. After several messages, calls, emails, etc all from me (autoglass barely ever responded) they finally came out weeks later and fitted a new glass. I was then informed the aerial damage was so bad it was beyond them and my car needed to go to a VW garage which apparently they'd arrange. 8 weeks on n I'm still waiting. I've chased and chased and chased and, once again, noone at Autoglass returns calls or emails. They really don't care! I'm stresses beyond belief trying to deal with this and so frustrated that I'm getting nowhere. How do these companies survive with such a lack of customer service skill and no care for customers when they do things wrong!!?? They ate one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with and I wish I'd paid £500 and had the job done elsewhere. Why do Insurance companies insist on using them!

“Do they actually repair any !?!”

Written on: 21/05/2022 by Faganfc111 (1 review written)

Went through the whole book online process, answered all the questions.....yes they can repair it, booked an appointment, they'll be out in Friday, just send pictures....sent pictures confirming questions..not in line of drivers vision, smaller than a £2 coin etc. Oh no, we can't repair that....but we can fit a whole screen....yeah I bet you can !!! Do they actually repair many, or is it just a ploy to get you to use them, then get burned for a full replacement...not impressed !!!

“Appalling customer service”

Written on: 21/05/2022 by Speakeroftruth (1 review written)

Appointment planned for Tue 17th May (day taken off work), technician arrived, said screen cannot be repaired. I stated that link for uploading photos would not allow them to be sent. He agreed the link for this was very unreliable. He ordered a screen and confirmed fitting for Fri 20th May. Another day taken off from work, when a call was received from Autoglass' finest at approx. 1130h on Fri 20th May stating screen wasn't delivered and that I needed to bring vehicle into their Canterbury branch. I refused and stated appointment is for home visit. He couldn't confirm whether appointment obligation would be met and promised to call me to update on the situation. I called a very unhelpful Autoglass customer service agent at 1547h who told me it was my fault as I would not take vehicle to the branch and that the branch had tried to call me to say appointment would not be honoured. No call was received. She was told to keep the windscreen and I would be formally complaining to VW Ins Services as Autoglass are the approved installer. That may be the case, but not for me, I'll go elsewhere. I cannot write what I am actually thinking as the thought Police and woke brigade wouldn't approve. Now onto Resolver, and every other social media platform to make it clear just what a complete shower of effluent Autoglass are.

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!”

Written on: 29/04/2022 by Adelaidea1953 (1 review written)

Terrible system, tried to book a windscreen replacement online, go all the way through putting in all the details of car, issue, windscreen type and home address. Booking for home address and is illegal to drive where crack is in the wind screen. Online confirmation screen states home address as location of the fix. 2hrs later get an email stating that it is confirming my fix 8am to 6pm but at a autoglass center, no reasoning no explanation. Go online to double check booking, online it states booking as at home, but not really trusting this company have an online chat to check and this is the response I get "Due to the type of vehicle you have and the complexity of the work involved, we need you to bring it into one of our centres as the work needs multiple skilled technicians. ***: Why was this not communicated to me when booking? ***: Also isn't it illegal to drive with a crack in the windscreen?  We are unable to comment or offer advice on this situation; however if your vision is impaired by damage to your windscreen you should not drive your vehicle. ***: So what do you expect me to do. I cannot drive it to you and you cannot come to me? I can only suggest contacting your insurance company who may be able to collect and bring the vehicle in for you. I cannot tell you what to do. this is how it works. I asked for a customer service number but was told that he was from customer services and they would provide the same statement as him. I cannot understand how they misrepresent what they are selling, they don't offer home visits for a Ford Kuga (it's not a fancy car) and if they cannot offer it how come I'm able to book it with them online this way as they know the vehicle and information when booking. Then to change the appointment without explanation is terrible. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!! You wont get what you think you are...

“Wrecked my car”

Written on: 18/04/2022 by Masticman1 (1 review written)

A few weeks ago auto glass came out to replace my rear window on my Audi A6 3L Quattro Avant, The workmanship was terrible, had to re-call them as previous fitter left all nuts/bolts/clips within the profile of the rear tailgate and sounded like a bag of spanner’s They returned to remove all of these but now none off the trims seem to be in line and fit properly, This car I only purchased 2 months ago at a cost of £41000 Rear tailgate just looks terrible Please avoid this company if you can

“Total Lack of Customer Care”

Written on: 07/04/2022 by devoniandeb (1 review written)

I contacted Autoglass, referred to by my insurance company on the morning of 1st April as I had a large crack across my windscreen. I was visiting my parents in Sussex (I live in Devon). I was told someone would be out to fit it that day. Then a call to say the windscreen wasn't in stock and they would order it so it would have to be 7th April (when I was back in Devon). I'm now back in Devon and apparently Autoglass still don't have a single windscreen anywhere in England to fit my Citroen Cactus! No explanation as to where the one is that was allegedly ordered 1st April or why nobody thought to contact me to let me know that nobody was going to turn up tomorrow. Apparently they now have to place another orderand the earliest it can be fitted is 15th April - if of course they can find a windscreen to fit a very standard marke of car.

Sweetlikehoney's Response to devoniandeb's Review

Written on: 15/06/2022

Even worse working for them! I trained for 5 weeks came 2 days before I was to apparently start working from home, they ask me how do I think I'm doing? This was after taking calls for nearly a week! I say once I'm taking calls everyday I will get into a flow, manager is saying to me I'm forgetting to say certain things to customer and I don't sound confident when talking to customers so they suggested I do one more week of training I decided I didn't want to work for a company with people who think that they are helping you succeed when really they are setting you up to fail! Outdated system, hard job to do and to top it off you are provided with a PC instead of a Laptop to do your work at home! Autoglass need to move with the times

Read 1 Comment

“A company which is complacent about its customer service”

Written on: 04/04/2022 by Kameron46 (1 review written)

If a company lets me down I would normally just move on to another company without complaint, however since Autoglass are essentially operating a monopoly (they are the only company which my insurance company Admiral will certify windscreen repairs with), I feel the need to warn others what to expect if they find a problem with their windscreen and the helplessness felt in dealing with them. I got a crack in my windscreen on Sunday 27th March, and arranged an appointment on the following Wednesday from 1.30-4.30pm. Despite standing next to the entrance gate from 3.30-4.10pm and having perfect mobile reception the entire afternoon (and receiving text alerts if anyone phones), the Autoglass technician told the company that they tried to contact me at 4.09pm and didn't manage to, hence were unable to complete the job. This is a demonstrable lie since I was standing at the gate for 40 minutes looking up and down the road, with perfect reception and without any record of any attempt to call. Previously I have had tradespeople phone me up explaining of emergencies at home and I have always been sympathetic, and been happy to take the hit, however I cannot stand when someone tells a lie making it their word against mine. I received a message at 4.10pm from Autoglass informing me that they had tried to contact me and I phoned the generic number they gave me back immediately. It would have been better to provide a direct line to the technician themselves which would have been more practical for getting to the bottom of what happened. I was able to speak to an operative around 4.25pm after being in a queue for 15 minutes and she informed me that the person had gone home for the day. I asked her if she could get someone to call me to confirm what had happened since I had to take a day off my work unpaid, I have a 4 month old and we needed the car that weekend for my partner and child to meet their grandparents for the first time. She promised that someone would call me on Thursday or Friday but no-one has called me.

“Unprofessional and Unable to Perform”

Written on: 31/03/2022 by lee_marshuk (1 review written)

Had a shattered windscreen, so upon calling my insurance company I was informed that I had to exclusively use Autoglass. I called and booked, hold time for this first call was just over an hour. The operative informed me that because my car had autonomous driving and safety cameras, the glass had to be fitted at one of their centres. I did point out that the glass was shattered and that I had very little visibility out of the screen, but the operative told me that I should drive it there anyway. The nearest depot was some 45 minutes away, so I argued that this was neither suitable nor legal. The operator arranged for a call back within 48 hours, but this didn't happen, so I called back, queued for 1 hour 19 minutes to then speak to another member of staff. This person couldn't understand why I had been told that it had to be done at a depot when it could be done on site, and proceeded to order the glass, and told me that I would receive a call back within 48 hours to book in. 4 days passed with no call, so I rang, queued for 55 minutes to be told the glass wasn't available, there was a national shortage, and I would have to wait. I allowed one more week to go without any update, then called again, this time I queued for 1 hour and 56 minutes. I was told by the operator this time that by glass hadn't been ordered because I had asked them to cancel it, which I of course hadn't, so I requested a manager call back to discuss. This did not happen, so 3 days later I called again. This time I queued for 26 minutes before speaking to someone, who told me they couldn't understand why I had been told the glass wasn't on order because it indeed was on order, I asked for a manager call back again to ensure things were actually proceeding. Inbetween times, I called two competitors and the car manufacturer themselves who all confirmed the glass was available for same day fitting. The manager then calls me back, assured me that the glass was on order and booked me in for an afternoon to early evening fitting slot 10 days from that call, she also assured me that it was very rare for Autoglass to have bad reviews because they are a very successful company. The day of my fitting arrives, I was told that I would get a call with a more specific ETA but this didn't arrive. I took the afternoon off work and arranged for someone to collect my children from school, and waited. No one arrived. So ten minutes after the end of my appointment window I called Autoglass and queued for 8 minutes. The operative there told me that they had no idea why I had been booked in, because they didn't have the glass and that there was a shortage. I queried this, citing the fact that other people have it, but the answer was that they use different suppliers. I was advised to wait 48 hours for a call back, so I gave them 3 days, but having heard nothing I called again and queued for 2 hours and 5 minutes before the operative told me they simply couldn't give me an ETA because they didn't have the glass. I called my Citroen Garage at 12pm that day and they collected my car, fitted the glass and had my car back for 5:30pm same day.

“Over a week for an appointment !”

Written on: 18/03/2022 by ChrisOR33 (1 review written)

I cannot really comment on the service they provide, as I have to wait a week to find out. We got a chip and crack on our windscreen, which has now spread more or less top to bottom on the drivers side. Which, as far as I can tell, renders the car unroadworthy and contravenes the Highway Code, which states that “drivers should have a full view of the road ahead and glass should be maintained in a good condition. A cracked windscreen can obscure driver view - if a motorist is stopped, it could result in a fixed penalty of three points on their licence and a fine”. We contacted our insurance company who advised us to make an appointment with Autoglass. The earliest date they could offer, was Saturday the 26th, eight days later. Which now means, my wife must take a week of work, she needs the car for work, not just the commute. Our insurer offers no alternative windscreen installers and I don’t fancy paying £ 850 for a replacement screen. So I’m not at all impressed by Autoglass thus far, it remains to be seen whether they do a good job or not. We should be grateful it didn’t happen in the motorway, 7 nights on the M62 hard shoulder would be deeply unpleasant.

“Booked a window replacement and they couldn’t give...”

Written on: 15/03/2022 by Broderick63 (1 review written)

Booked a window replacement and they couldn’t give me a price. Didn’t bother confirming the appointment and so didn’t show up on the day; when I did get a price they wanted £540, well over double what I ended up paying with another company. These guys are an absolute joke and the positive reviews are clearly bought/influenced judging by the volume of recent negativity.

“Was told at the point of booking that my dash cam...”

Written on: 04/03/2022 by Cas121246 (1 review written)

Was told at the point of booking that my dash cam would be refitted. Turned up fitter spent more time telling me he wasn’t going to refit my dash cam even though she promised that this would be done. Then fitter said he couldn’t see the crack even though I told him that he would need to look at it in the workshop out of the sun. Again refused to do the job and refit the dash cam. Head office guaranteed this would be done . Stay away from Autoglass