Amanzi Travel Reviews - www.amanzitravel.co.uk

Amanzi Travel - www.amanzitravel.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Amanzi Travel - www.amanzitravel.co.uk

“Amazing experience”

Written on: 16/08/2017 by Dowdem221 (1 review written)

Amanzi travel gave me the confidence to go on this adventure. They provided me with all the answers to my questions and provided me with all the information I could have needed. Amanzi travel made this experience easy and smooth. I enquired about the Maldive holiday with medical volunteering and the staff were happy to ring and discuss all my worries over the phone making me feel important. The staff replied to my queries the same day making sure that everything I asked was sorted. They even offered to book my flights and arranged accommodation in male for me. Couldn't have asked for better staff making the experience even better if that's possible.

“Enthusiastic, Knowledgable and Efficient”

Written on: 22/06/2017 by Teebss16 (1 review written)

The Amanzi Team are super helpful and effective answering my many questions. From the start they filled me with enthusiasm for my trip and seemed as excited as I did. Suppling plenty information and always being just a phone call away with a friendly voice on the end of the phone, made it easy and enjoyable to book with Amanzi. Nothing was too much trouble even touching base with me a few days before my trip to check everything was ready and sorted.

“great knowledgeable service”

Written on: 16/05/2017 by quisqueya (1 review written)

Amanzi Travel is the best travel service I've ever encountered--the people are so helpful--and they respond right away. They give you lots of information, so you know everything you need to get & do before you travel. They have lots of choices so you can find something for almost any interest. I wish I had seen this review site before however, as I didn't realize they market a lot to "gap year" volunteers & this 70-year old volunteer was a bit out of her element with mostly college students. However Naankuse and Kanaan were fabulous--the staff, animals, activities, & scenery. I learned so much and was able to interact with wild animals and do things that will actually make a difference (taking down fences that trap & kill wild oryx).

“I just wanted to say THANK YOU! Thank you for your...”

Written on: 20/02/2017

I just wanted to say THANK YOU! Thank you for your great support. Thank you for answering all my questions. Thank you for planning my volunteer project and my stay at the Namibia Wildlife Sanctuary lodge with all personal wishes that I had. Thank you for booking my fathers stay at the lodge also. Thank you for the best experience I had in my life until now! :) Everything was perfect and just the way I hoped it would be. The staff was very caring and friendly (at the volunteer camp and at the lodge). We had two amazing cottages and great food at the lodge. And at the camp I learned a lot about African animals, endangered species, the bushmen culture and much more. Someday I´ll return to the sanctuary and I would always book the trip with you again.

“What an amazing experience!”

Written on: 07/06/2016 by Lelandy48 (1 review written)

I booked a couple of experiences through Amanzi and was totally delighted with the adventures I had! They are a very professional and helpful organisation - I felt that all of the information that was given really helped me make the right decision. I would highly recommend Askari Wilderness Conservation Programme and the 6 Day Namibia experience to anyone. The company helped me with lots of questions and queries and sent me a very comprehensive pack when I'd booked so I knew exactly what I was doing. The project at Askari was the best thing I have ever done - I would never have discovered this project without Amanzi so I will be ever grateful for them! Both experiences were exceptional good value and I met some amazing people. Book now - life is too short!!!!

“ From the outset Amanzi proved to be a totally...”

Written on: 10/02/2016 by macabuse1 (1 review written)

“Fantastic ! ”

Written on: 09/02/2016 by macabuse1 (1 review written)

From the outset Amanzi proved to be a totally professional company to be involved with. We were not sure which experience might suit us,we felt we would like to be with a mixed age range of people as we are in our 60's. She was absolutely great,she steered us towards Imire as it seemed to combine all the elements we wanted from the trip. It felt as though I /we bombarded her with emails asking questions about this and that, she seemed to have the patience of a saint.Nothing was ever too much trouble,she would find answers to our questions and reply immediately. Her colleague who sorted out our flights was equally efficient. An excellent company ,with knowledgeable,friendly staff. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them .t

“An experience I would repeat in a heartbeat”

Written on: 16/12/2015 by Dondeloth (1 review written)

When looking for volunteer projects to do in Africa, I wanted to go through an organisation that had a good reputation. When I saw that National Geographic recommended Amanzi Travel, I had a look at their website. It was easy to navigate and browse through the projects on their website that took my interest. When I contacted staff at Amanzi for more information about a couple of projects I was interested in, they were quick to respond and very helpful. Even with the 21 questions I threw at them! I ended up choosing the "Zululand Wildlife Conservation Volunteer" with Wildlife ACT. It was great being involved with the direct monitoring of critically endangered species such as the African Wild Dog, Lion, Rhino; and seeing the importance and challenges of conserving these animals. I chose two weeks on a national park and two weeks on a private game reserve. I found it interesting comparing the two different management styles and the differences in ecology. I would highly recommend this project and hope to do it again in the future.

“Simply an amazing experience!!”

Written on: 10/10/2013 by Platchan (1 review written)

I first had the idea of volunteering with lions three years ago but I never got round to it. Started looking into it in February and came across a few sites - after reading all the reviews and the variety of projects on offer, I knew had found the best site. And I was not mistaken!! Pat spoke to me daily for a few weeks to help me decide on the project that I wanted to do. She was very patient and informative and I am so grateful. Gemma was also amazing, the two together make for an excellent customer service experience. The actual project was great and the best experience of my life, I had an amazing time in Victoria Falls with my Lions and I am hoping to go back soon. I would definitely book with Amanzi Travel again.

“Life Changing”

Written on: 17/09/2013

I found Amanzi Travel when I was in high school and was trying to organise a trip with two friends to do volunteer work with animals in Africa. I had found lots of sites that had similar things but was drawn to Amanzi Travel due to their great website and due to the feedback on it (both written and in pictures) from other people who had used it. I am so glad that I went ahead and used them. I have used Amanzi Travel twice now, once to do volunteer work and an animal reserve and once to do a ranger course on an animal reserve. Both times I felt secure that everything was taken care of and I had friendly and helpful feedback from their staff. Having spoken to other people once I arrived at the reserve I also found at that Amanzi Travel was superior to other similar companies as their recommended packing list reflected what was needed a lot more and their overview of what the experience was going to cover was more accurate. I have already recommended Amanzi Travel to friends and truly think it is a great company to use when organising a gap year or Holliday volunteer trip.

“Professional, Friendly, and Informative”

Written on: 09/09/2013

I first heard about Amanzi Travel through an advertisement at university and thought I’d browse their website for some gap year ideas. The website was very professional, easy to follow, and had lots of gap year projects that looked very interesting. After making an email enquiry about a medical volunteering project in Malawi I received a prompt response from a staff member, Gemma, who was extremely friendly, helpful, and informative. She was easy to approach with any queries I had about the project and she provided valuable information/advice prior to both booking and departure. In addition to this, the information provided on the website in the pre-departure guide was extremely relevant and beneficial. Amanzi Travel were also exceedingly helpful when it came to making flight plans and arranging travel insurance, with friendly staff always willing to advise you when possible. As a result I felt very organised for my trip and I knew exactly what to expect from the project. My trip to Africa was an amazing and unforgettable experience, and I have so many great memories from my time there. I was extremely impressed by the service provided by Amanzi Travel and I would strongly recommend using them when considering a gap year abroad.

“Simple, hassle free and amazing”

Written on: 09/09/2013 by 1emma1 (1 review written)

When I first thought of volunteering there were just so many companies out there that offered similar things, so I struggled. When I read about the programme with amanzi travel it sounded exactly what I was looking for but I was apprehensive about booking and just doing it! But I grabbed the bull by its horns and paid my deposit. The following months were hassle free and swimmingly easy, which made me wonder why i was so worried! I was sent everything I needed to know and any questions I needed to ask where replied to with a quick efficient service. Gemma was helpful, friendly and very professional, and she made the booking through amanzi travel an easy experience. As for the volunteering, the programme did everything it said on the tin and I was ridiculously happy that I booked through this company. I had an amazing time in Africa and will be booking through this company to volunteer again when I have saved my pennies.

“quick, clear and comprehensive help!”

Written on: 20/08/2013 by hollandafrica (1 review written)

My sister booked volunteering work with Amanzi a year ago. She had a very good and positive experience. A year later I wanted to do some volunteering work in Africa as well and I visited the amanzi website immediately. I found a project and asked Gemma if it was possible, but unfortunately this project was fully booked. She sent me directly an email back and enquired me which project was equal. Than there was 'another problem', because it was not possible to stay for 4 weeks at research base at Makalali (Siyafunda). But Gemma had contact with the project manager and she ensured that I could stay for 4 weeks at Makalali but in another base, so fantastic! Gemma always responds emails within two days and somethings the same day. Her responses are always clear and comprehensive. The Amanzi website it clear and well- ordered, and most important right information about the project. Gemma even helped me with addresses from hostels in Hoedspruit. Overall a good experience and I would recommend Amanzi to everyone!

“Fantastic experience at Noah's Ark”

Written on: 11/06/2013 by KM_Y2013 (1 review written)

I am based in Australia and I was looking for a place to do animal volunteer work in Africa. I stumbled across Amanzi Travel. I ended up making my booking a year and a half after getting in contact with Gemma at Amanzi and when ever I had any questions or issues, I could contact her directly and she would get back to me quite quickly - despite the time difference. I was looking at going to either the Namibian Wildlife Sanctuary or Noah's Ark. I ended up going to Noah's Ark. The coordinators there are amazing! I can't speak highly enough about them! They are passionate, energetic, friendly and professional. It is really hands on, so expect to get dirty! You could be doing anything from food preparation for the animals to taking baboons for a walk, going on feeding tours, getting interaction with a range of animals or farm work. I went for two weeks' and it just wasn't enough. You really need to go for a minimum of three weeks'. I missed out on some activities because I just didn't have time and I had to prioritise what I wanted to do more. I would highly recommend Amanzi and Noah's Ark to anyone and every one!

“Thorough and Thoughtful...Amanzi and Gemma both”

Written on: 05/06/2013 by Max_sMomma (1 review written)

Gemma is an incredible asset to Amanzi! Any question, any time, complete responses, empathetic consideration of concerns and issues, resourceful and professional. Even in retrospect when I noted the info I requested was available in the departure packets, she willingly and completely provided me with a thorough reply. I was completely impressed with Gemma's level of customer service, and Amanzi is lucky to have her. At Naankuse, I had a LOT of experience with the Baboons which i absolutely loved ! This was truly an amazing experience! I loved holding them with their little arm clinging to me, then on the walks to The Tree, i enjoyed allowing them to use me as a spring board. Having the oppty to sleep with and care for a 3month old baboon several nights during my trip made the long journey worthwhil. I struggle to wake athome, but i was amazed at my ability every morning to wake at 5am for quiet time petting the animal. I loved it!!! Thanks GEMMA for this solid recommdation.

“Great and prompt service ”

Written on: 31/05/2013

Gemma and the team at Amanzi travel are fantastic, attentive and very informative. I booked my trip last minute and Gemma was incredibly helpful and efficient. I was completely confident with all the information I was given, it was clear and concise and nothing was ambiguous or forgotten in the process.

“I found Amanzitravel was amazing in helping me plan my...”

Written on: 08/05/2013 by AliciaMW (1 review written)

I found Amanzitravel was amazing in helping me plan my trip. Everyone that I talked to was not only incredibly helpful but also very friendly. Being 19 and planning my first big solo trip was very intimidating. However, having Amanzitravel and Gemma there to help me with every detail made it a lot easier. I'm really grateful for all of the help in making my trip as fabulous as it was! Everything from my informative predeparture pack to having every little question answered right away was great! I felt very prepared and ready for everything that lay ahead by the time I stepped out my door to start my adventure and would I would like to give a huge thank you to Gemma and Amanzitravel!

“Helpful & Very Organised”

Written on: 08/01/2013 by AliciaD36 (1 review written)

This was my first overseas holiday that I had booked, me being 21 I was quiet shy and worried to be heading to Africa alone. So when I was looking for a safe and reliable company to book through I found Amanzi. I had MANY questions before and after booking, I was also worried of the transfer of funds, as I am from Australia so would be paying in Pounds instead. It was all very simple though, I was also contacted instantly to let me know the funds had arrived safely. I then was able to ask all sorts of questions that I had. I visited N/a'an ku sê Wildlife Sanctuary in Namibia for 2 weeks and it really was the best experience I have ever done. I think ive grown as a person from taking part of this program solo. Before departing I had also asked if they could get in contact with someone else visiting N/a'an ku sê at the same time, so I could get to know them beforehand, Gemma was very helpful and forwarded on an email address from me so I was able to speak to someone who would be there while I was. Amanzi was very flexible, organised and the responce was very quick considering we only had email due to being in Australia. Thank you Amanzi and Gemma for all your amazing help!

“Just Amazing!”

Written on: 07/01/2013 by SwimFan97 (1 review written)

I had and amanzing experience with Amanzi Travel. Everything was so simple, they found flights for me at a good price, they picked me up and dropped me off on time. Any questions I had they were very helpful in every way they could be!. I would so recommend this company, it's very safe as safety always comes first with volunteers, pick them if you want to get the best out of your money for a life-changing experience. I choose to go to the Zambia (Lion Rehabilitation ) project and it was brilliant and the project co-ordinators went out of their way to ensure we had a brilliant time. It was an absolutely amazing experience and I would love to return in the future! All the staff involved were brilliant at organising activities and had a wealth of knowledge which they were all happy to share. I would truly recommend this experience to everyone . I really would have liked to stay more than 2 weeks!

“An amazing experience!”

Written on: 23/11/2012 by Namwala12 (1 review written)

I loved every minute at the Zambia Lion Project, Amanzi helped with any queries, worries or questions, making it much less stressful than it could have been! Walking with lions is something I had never expected to do but thanks to Amanzi offering this project, I did it! I have worked with other African animals but sitting on the banks of the Zambezi with the king of the jungle is such a surreal experience. The lions are beautiful, relaxed and without realising, they are giving the volunteers an experience they will remember and cherish forever. I had a fantastic time and I look forward to when I can return to this project again.