Jual Domestics Ltd- www.jualdomestics.com. Pre 2011

4.0

Comment from Review Centre

At the end of 2010 Jual Domestics came under new mangagment. New reviews for the company can be seen, and should be added here- www.reviewcentre.com/reviews220897.html.

“Have this company gone bust with my money ”

written by on 26/07/2011

is it true that this company have gone bust

Written on: 28/07/2011

yes they have gone bust

Written on: 01/09/2011

The owner of this company is Peter Hoban, well known Leeds businessman, who drives an aston martin and lives the millionaire lifestyle - but owes money to everyone.

Lives in Yeadon, and drinks around Horsforth.

One day I'll get my money back from the thiefing b**stard

Written on: 04/08/2011

Dave West Midlands. 4th August 2011

I ordered a hotpoint washer off them 4 weeks ago, i was blagged along for 3 weeks saying they were out of stock etc, then that hotpoint had re called them due to a fault, and i cancelled my order on the 29th july 2011, the guy i spoke to on the phone said money would be back on my card in 5 days, well 5 days was up today and no money, just rang them to see whats goin on and was told they have gone into liquidation.

so now i am really p****d off and £300 out of pocket unless i can get a chargeback on my debit card.

Written on: 02/08/2011

This may be the case, Found out that i had paid for an extended guarantee with a cooker i had bought from them but they never paid the insurance company. now i have a broken cooker and no guarantee

Written on: 02/08/2011

yes they have gone bust they cant even pay there staff

“Jual agreed that I could return a fridge freezer at a...”

written by traff8902 on 06/03/2011

Jual agreed that I could return a fridge freezer at a charge of £35 which the immediately took from my account on the 25/01/11 and it was collected on the 28/01. I waited several weeks and no refund was forthcoming. I have been given excuses after excuses why I haven`t had my money back. I phoned 7 days ago and they apoligised and said it would urgently and I would get it within 48 hours. I phoned 3 days ago and they say the bank had rejected payment and he susposedly credited my debit card there and then and again said it would be in my account within 48 hours. I still have not got my money. If they cannot refund £260 what state is their finances? Avoid this company like the plague!

Guest's Response to traff8902's Review

Written on: 28/07/2011

They have gone into administration

“Like many I ignored the bad reviews and went for a...”

written by on 21/02/2011

Like many I ignored the bad reviews and went for a bargain but as you will read countless times below these bargains simply don't exsist, order placed 3 months ago, £700 taken immediately and continual promise of delivery but never recieved. Order cancelled today so time will tell if and when I get money back. Buyers beware they are certainly proffesional and courteous on the phone but regrettably have a bigger call centre than they do stock room.

“Buyers beware - they hold very little of the items...”

written by on 17/02/2011

Buyers beware - they hold very little of the items they advertise in stock. You place your order - they take your money instantly!! You then find out that the items are not in stock and that they will contact you with a delivery date once they are in - this can take anything up to 3 months (I wish that I was kidding). In the end I cancelled the order as I got fed up with spending 15 minutes trying to get through and never having e-mails replied to. It then took over 1 month to receive a refund - which was not correct and for less than I originally paid even though I had received no goods. Taking action against them through my credit card company to retrieve the outstanding amount.

I have since ordered from another online retailer (well know high street chemists on-line appliance warehouse) - experience couldn't have been more different. Constant updates - products all in stock and delivery within 48 hours to an area of your choice in the house - unwrapped and packaging removed and taken away.

Needless to say I would never, ever use Jual Domestics again - they are a shockingly bad company and I have no idea how they manage to score above 2 stars as an 'average' review. Read all the bad comments and then think about how you want to spend your hard earned cash.

“I ordered two items on 4th December and only one of...”

written by on 03/02/2011

I ordered two items on 4th December and only one of them arrived. Customer service was impossible to get through to on the phone, when you do get through they often cut you off. They don't always reply to e-mails and didn't seem to make any effort to chase up my order and keep me informed. After waiting almost two months and wasting a lot of my time, I have cancelled the order, ordered it from a different website on Monday and it arrived on Tuesday morning!

“I ordered a washing machine in November but in spite...”

written by on 28/01/2011

I ordered a washing machine in November but in spite of the price stated 'as delivered' it was for collection only. I canceeled the machine and then agreed to the charge as it was very competitive,however in spite of statements on the website to the contrary, Jual Domestics were unable to deliver here in Central London unless it was before 7am. I cancelled the machine entirely.
Jual gave me a credit for the first machine cancelled and then paid a refund on the delivery of the second machine, but not for the machine itself.
In spite of several phone calls and emails that are never returned (with the exception of one with a very lame excuse, I am still awaiting my refund SIX weeks later and some kind of an explanation...My recommendation - Stay well clear!

“I waited over 2 months for a dishwasher and washing...”

written by on 26/01/2011

I waited over 2 months for a dishwasher and washing machine. I also paid to have my old appliances removed which they did NOT do.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

“While the prices were great, the availability was...”

written by on 25/01/2011

While the prices were great, the availability was rubbish with no indication on the website.
When I called I was advised the items were out of stock and delivery would be in two weeks, this was followed by 9 weeks of having to chase them until the items were eventually delivered.
Calling is painful as the phone often rings out, is not answered or even has the out of hours message left on.
However, as the goods have been (eventually) delivered I would not call the company dishonest but for me to use them again they would have to make huge changes to their customer service offer.
To conclude - by all means use these guys but be prepared for some pain!

“Ordered a fridge freezer, washing machine and...”

written by on 21/01/2011

Ordered a fridge freezer, washing machine and extractor hood from them in November - they took the money on my credit card (roughly £1400) that same day. I then contacted them to verify my address (a requirement of their terms and conditions to prevent fraud apparently) and was told that the fridge freezer was no longer in stock and that I could choose another if I wanted. I asked for a refund as I was not near a computer to see any other models of fridge freezer. The following day I phoned up as I had seen another fridge freezer similar that they had as a stock item - they took my credit card details and processed roughly the same amount again (£1400)apparently they couldn't switch the order?- unfortunately it took them over 28 days to process the original refund (and I had to get my credit card company involved also). Needless to say it is now 2 months later and I am still waiting for delivery of the washing machine, fridge freezer and extractor hood ordered in November 2010. Despite countless phonecalls (you will be on hold for at least 10 - 15 minutes) and numerous e-mails I have still received no confirmation of a delivery date or even response to my basic enquiries. I am now making a complaint to trading standards as the way in which they operate is awful. I wish that I had seen the reviews on here before ordering because I would have steered well clear. Glad I paid with my credit card as I can take action through them to recover my losses. I would advise anyone using this company to ensure they pay with their credit card at the very least. Yes their prices ar great - but the customer service is sadly non-existent and most people don't want to wait several months for household appliances to be delivered after they have paid for them.

“jual domestics deliverd me a dishwasherthat was found...”

written by on 18/01/2011

jual domestics deliverd me a dishwasherthat was found to be faulty. They took 3 weeks to send out a repair man who on arrival did not have the necessary equipment to do the repaid. He said he would have to order parts and come back and was unable to confirm when. We therefore wnet back to Jual and asked them what they were going to do. After lenghty correspondence, they came and collected the dishwasher. this was on 6 December 2010. I still have not had my money refunded that is over 6 weeks ago. I call that stealing.

“Indesit Washer ordered (and paid for) Nov 4th. ...”

written by on 17/01/2011

Indesit Washer ordered (and paid for) Nov 4th. Delivery promised in 10 days. Not delivered before went away on December 8th. Arranged delivery for January 17th. Waited in - never arrived. When rang up told it would be another 4 weeks. Without a washer for 10 weeks. Impossible to get through to anyone senior to vent my wrath.
Shall be suing in Small Claims Court for my losses.
I think the worst company I have ever dealt with. Wouldn't give them any stars.

“I have used Dual domestics in the past and could not...”

written by 1charl on 15/01/2011

I have used Dual domestics in the past and could not fault their service and quality of products so when I bought my new house I went back to them for a washing machine and fridge freezer.
At the time of placing the order I was informed it would take up to 4 weeks for delivery BUT the salesman said they had to say that to cover them and it would probably be with us in 2 weeks. 4 weeks down the line and I hadn't received what I had already paid for.
Phoning up is a nightmare (I tried all 3 numbers) and I was usually on hold for over 15 minutes each time I phoned. Sometimes you get cut off and sometimes they answer and put the phone down. I emailed twice and didn't get replies.
Eventually just after 5 weeks I was told our items would be in the warehouse by the end of the week and they would phone me for a delivery date the week after. This didn't happen so again I had the palaver of phoning. I was then told the washing machine was out of stock and the fridge freezer hadn't been delivered. This was all blamed onto Hotpoint. I was moving 17/12/09 and needed the appliances by this date as the new house didn't have any. A week before this I was told we would have them and Dual were going to contact Hotpoint to make sure this was possible. I phoned every day that week sometimes not being able to get through at all. I did complain about the phone lines but they said this was due to Xmas sales which I thought was fair enough.
Unfortunately on 15th I was told we would not get either appliance. It was suggested I could go for another model of washing machine but the spin wasn't as good. I was also told the fridge freezer could be delivered on 21st but this would mean I would be 4 days without which wasn't good enough as I had a freezer full of food and I couldn't trust them that it would be delivered as they had already lied to me about the appliance being available in the warehouse.
I cancelled the order then and there and they apologized and told me I would be refunded what I had paid.
It is now 15th January and I have STILL not received the money back. The phone lines are still as bad as they were before Xmas so that is another lie and my email has not been answered.
I have managed to speak to someone this morning who claims the money has been refunded but I have double checked with my bank and it 100% hasn't been. No one on the phone can confirm the bank details to where the money has been refunded (if it has been) and I have been told I need to speak to the MD...and it sounds like he is hardly ever there.
I will make my views heard when/if I manage to speak to the director as I think the service this time round has been a disgrace!!!
After this experience I would only recommend dual if you are not in a hurry...and by that I mean you don't have to have your appliances for a certain date even if it's two months down the line as they still can't deliver what has been promised!
They are great value for money and cheapest on the net but they are severely struggling with staff and stock!

Rant over.

“I ordederd 3 kitchen appliances from Jual. A fridge...”

written by ward60 on 04/01/2011

I ordederd 3 kitchen appliances from Jual. A fridge freezer, washing machine and dishwasher after moving house. The prices were very competitive and i thought i had got a bargain. However once i had paid i was told that only the fridge/freezer was in stock, but the other 2 would be in stock in 5 to 10 working days. After 2 weeks i tried ringing the customer service number, 9 times out of 10 you get an answer phone and the other time you are left in a queue for between 20 mins and 2 hours, sometimes the phone is picked up and put down straight away (i can`t begin to tell you how annoying that is)However over a period of weeks i was told that they would be delivered next week (over and over again) After about 6 weeks i was told the dishwasher wash in stock, but alas no washer.After two & half months i gave up and went to Dixons who delivered the next day, they were a little dearer but i have learnt my lesson !

“Terrible experience with Jual Domestic - would never...”

written by Ruffian on 03/01/2011

Terrible experience with Jual Domestic - would never ever use again!

Most of my shopping is on-line, and by a very long way this is the worst experience I have had with a company that trades on-line.

I ordered four items in November from Jual - for a new kitchen that was being installed between Christmas and New Year. Total cost of the goods was around £1,2000.

I wanted the goods delivering the week before the installation. Before placing the order I gave them a call to make sure this was ok, and was told it was fine for them to hold the goods for me before delivery, and just to give them a call after placing the order to confirm my required delivery date. Order was placed on-line (mentioning I wanted goods delivering four weeks later) and I gave them a call, again I was told that everything was fine and to give them a call the week before delivery to confirm the exact day of delivery.

The week before I wanted delivery I tried to get them to confirm a delivery date, at the start of the week I was told one item was out of stock but to call back on Friday when it should be in stock (by now they had had my money for four weeks!) eventually late on the Friday I was told they had all the goods in stock and everything would be delivered the following Wednesday, and to expect a call on the Tuesday to confirm the two hour delivery slot.

Come 4pm on Tuesday I had had no call from Jual,so gave them a call. After being on hold for some time and then being passed around a few people I found out that they actually only had one item in stock, and could not confirm a date for the other three items. Oddly the first person I spoke to still believed my goods would be delivered the following day. At this stage the only option I had was to cancel the order and receive a full refund - the only other option Jual gave me was to wait indefinitely for the goods to arrive, which was obviously unacceptable. I did manage to get the goods elsewhere, with very prompt delivery, and also good honest customer service.

To add insult to injury three weeks after placing my order I found out they had accidentally charged my credit card twice for the goods! To be fair to Jual they did refund this £1,200+ promptly, of the whole experience that seemed to be the only thing they seemed capable of doing well...

From my experience, if you want a reliable on-line shopping experience you are best not to use Jual Domestic.

“APPAULING LEVELS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE,THE ONLY THING...”

written by on 26/12/2010

APPAULING LEVELS OF CUSTOMER SERVICE,THE ONLY THING THEY DO EFFICIENTLY IS TAKE YOUR MONEY,ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT BY PHONE,TOTALLY IGNORE E-MAILS,ORDER PLACED 5/12/10,DELIVERY SUPPOSED TO BE IN 7 DAYS,AFTER LENGTHY EFFORTS TOLD IT WOULD BE MID JANUARY SOMETIME.THEN TOLD THEY COULD KEEP MY MONEY FOR 28 DAYS IF THEY WANTED,DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY,AFTER CANCELLING IGOT IN THE CAR AND COLLECTED AN IDENTICAL APPLIANCE AT A HIGH STREET STORE.

“My experience is as follows:- ”

written by on 24/12/2010

My experience is as follows:-

I went through the website and ordered and paid on line at which point I received an email with an order number and was told I needed to phone to check on availability

I was told that the item was not in stock and would take 8-10 days to be delivered.

When that time was long gone I phoned the after sales number to chase the order and was put through to the sales team who said that I'd dialed the wrong number and told me that they couldn't help me.

I phoned the after sales number again to check I wasn't going mad and was again put through to Sales who said again that they couldn't help me but would get someone to call. Nobody called me back. I called the after sales team again the next day and was again put through to sales who promised a call back again.

By this time I'd had enough and asked to speak to a manager who was even more aggressive and arrogant than the sales team and wasn't able to offer me any better explanation than anybody else.

I've asked for a refund which also takes up to 10 working days apparently and still have no idea if I'll get my money back.

Merry Christmas and thanks Jual for nothing.

I would avoid this company like the plague if my experiences are anything to go by.

“This washing machine purchase, all seemed to be going...”

written by on 20/12/2010

This washing machine purchase, all seemed to be going well. JUAL were a bit tricky to get hold of but once the phone system worked appeared polite and helpful. But once I'd sat in an empty house for 5 hours not getting a delivery it proved tricky to tie down them or their courier Shaws. They apparently are not able to get through to their courier. A bit frustrating, but if I ever get it, it is a good price.

Update. 5 days after the original delivery slot, I still have no news of a further delivery. Given that it is now days to Christmas and has snowed since last week hope is fading. According to their web site they have their own fleet of vehicles that normally deliver so I guess I have been unlucky, my experience may be untypical, luckily there is a local laundrette although this is not the kids idea of holiday fun.

“Only got one star because there is no way to enter...”

written by on 15/12/2010

Only got one star because there is no way to enter zero :) Phone went unanswered as did my email. I eventually did not buy from this lot. If their customer service is as bad as the sales service, it would be troubles all the way. BEWARE

“Although the price I got my washing machine for was...”

written by on 09/12/2010

Although the price I got my washing machine for was the best I found, the after-sales care was not good. When ordering, I was told the washing machine would be delivered at the earliest 7am on Saturday and by early afternoon, and that I would be contacted a day or so before to organise my slot. I gave my mobile number as my contact. The day before delivery - by late afternoon - I hadn't heard anything so I phoned Jual. I was then told my delivery would be between 6am and 8am. I pointed out that I'd been told 7am earliest and was told that the guy who took my order would never have said this because 'he knows what times deliveries are'. I also asked why I hadn't been called and was told they had tried to call me - it turns out on a landline number I hadn't given them as a contact, which wasn't my number. I also had no missed call on my mobile. When I received the invoice and letter detailing delivery times from Jual, I can state that it says: 'Delivery will be made Monday to Saturday, between 7am-8pm (sometimes earlier, if possible in bad delivery areas with the customers' permission). No one asked for my permission and I was told the delivery couldn't be made later. If you choose to buy from this company, I expect you'll get a good price. But I strongly suggest you double-check the number they intend to call you on to arrange delivery, and call them EARLY the day before delivery to make sure you don't end up in the situation I did."

“I WOULD STEER WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY! I had...”

written by nottobeconned on 09/12/2010

I WOULD STEER WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY! I had purchased an item from Jual domestics on-line. The cash went out of my account immediately, I was sent an automated email with an order number on. I heard nothing despite sending several emails to dual domestics, never getting through to their offices despite waiting on their automated telephone system for half an hour on two occasions, then giving up. The consumer association have helped me immensely with legal support. I wish a programme like BBC Watchdog would sort traders like these out on the iInternet I would advise people to read forums like this in future and not fall into trusting a company that doesn't turn out to be all it really says on its internet webpage. After being advised I sent them a registered letter, they replied a week later and I exercised my statutory rights. I have just recieived my money back. I will never deal with this internet company and indeed any other that aim to deceive customers in this way again. My advice stick to well known sites and don't always believe what you see in reviews especially with Jual Electronics