AA Vehicle Inspections Reviews

• Customer service

AA Vehicle Inspections - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AA Vehicle Inspections

AA Vehicle Inspections

“Rude inspection people. ”

Written on: 10/12/2017 by West57 (1 review written)

I have booked for a vehicle inspection then I did HPI check . When HPI check come miles incorrect I called back after 2 hours of my inspection booking. Which within AA T & C. But I get charged £20 admin . If you look in Website it’s say. If you cancel 2pm day before inspection take day you will get full refund. I cancled on 30/11/2017 2hours after I booked. . And inspection booked on 5th of Dec 2017. After that I don’t find any number to call and talk or any one have proper training to… Read Full Review

“AA Vehicle Inspections”

Written on: 09/11/2016 by NaimaKemp (1 review written)

It's not actually the AA that carry out these inspections, they are commissioned out to a third party company. If you are not happy with your inspection you can complain to the third party company (the company that do the review) but good luck if you actually get anyone interested to listen to your complaint. You of course can also make a complaint to the AA themselves and good luck again if they bother to reply. Best suggestion, avoid and go elsewhere… Read Full Review

“So upset and disgusted with the AA”

Written on: 18/09/2016 by Hanleylk2 (1 review written)

Was thinking of buying a car for our son and being his first car wanted make sure it would be safe booked an AA inspection,after being with the AA approximately 30years felt safe with them as nd that it was the right thing to do. Paid £172 plus £19.99 for a car data check.On the day of the check the inspector did not carry out the check as the cars battery was flat.After talking with the owner who was going to bring as battery pack but would take 20 mins the inspector said he wouldn't wait… Read Full Review

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2016

Hi, we would really like to address this for you. We understand from your review you have been in contact with us already, we'd like to investigate this further. Please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page so we may help. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards

Chubby_Ninja's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2017

Would love to hear the outcome of this, if you had been a 30 year customer of mine I'd have rolled out a red carpet for you, such a shame there is no sense of loyalty towards excellent customers.

I think AA's behaviour is utterly appalling and based on this review I have decided not to have an AA vehicle inspection with them and certainly will not have an AA membership. I also informed my Dad who was considering joining the AA about this review and told him to steer clear.

Read 2 Comments

“Third party outsourcing ”

Written on: 11/08/2016 by qzCoyle463 (1 review written)

Booked a AA check throw the AA and believed that they were doing the job that I payed them to do only to find out not it was a company called decra or something like that not happy with AA secondly full inspection was done on the ground using a jack how they could do a full check underneath I don't know have complained to the AA about this but are basically washing there hands spoke to mot station and they say that to check underneath it would have to be on a ramp just to cover everything on… Read Full Review

The Aa's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2016

We are really sorry to hear you have been left feeling dissatisfied with our vehicle Inspection service. Hope you have already been in touch with a member of our team to address the concerns you have raised. However, if this is not something you have done already, please contact us via our website TheAA.com on our 'contact us' page and we'll be happy to look into this matter further.

Read 1 Comment

“selling a car”

Written on: 07/12/2013 by babyRVI (1 review written)

I am currently selling my car and rightly so the buyer had a aa check I had no objections to this however on the morning of the review it had been raining and the car was wet!!.his report said the car was wet dirty /dusty the car had had a full valleting and the paintwork was immaculate it certainly was wet but not dirty. he reported there was evidence of repainting to the boot lid has someone repainted my car boot without my knowledge. I have owned the car I would have been aware if someone… Read Full Review

“Betrayed our trust - steer clear”

Written on: 11/10/2013 by DanONeill (1 review written)

We paid the full fee for a full inspection of a 2003 VW Beetle. As we were proposing to buy it from a London garage we thought it wise to employ a company we trusted to give the car a complete once over. We paid, and duly the AA (or so we thought) came along and did the inspection (again so we thought). Barring a couple of minor quirks, usual for a car of that age, it was given a clean bill of health, so we went ahead and bought it. Two days later we were on the side of the road with an… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to DanONeill's Review

Written on: 15/10/2013

Hello,

This is something that we'd like to look further into this for you. Please email me with reference FOR53585 in the subject title. In the email please include your full name, address and vehicle registration number.

Regards

Danoneill's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2013

Email you where?

Not interested in automated telephone menus, tiresome pass ons, fob offs, excuses, drafting more letters, appealing to good sense. We've had a 6 month wall of silence and only after we put it on a third party site do we get a response?

The Aa's reply to Danoneill's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2013

Apologies, the email address to send this information to is [removed]. Ensure you include the reference given in the last post.

Regards

Danoneill's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2013

Sorry this has been removed by the moderators. Please could you get in touch via yukon128 [at} hotmail dot com

Read 4 Comments

“AA Car Inspection”

Written on: 11/10/2013 by christinaoneill (1 review written)

PLEASE PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON AN AA INSPECTION.....I feel I have to write this for anybody considering an AA inspection on a used car. We paid for a full inspection only for a garage where we took the car for a service noticed a completely visible breather pipe that had been wrapped up with plastic. Obviously this needed immediate repair. On contacting the AA in order to ask why this had been missed we were informed that because it would involve removing the plastic engine cover (I… Read Full Review

“AA Vehicle Inspection - an expensive mistake”

Written on: 18/07/2012 by pollydroid (2 reviews written)

At £260 the the AA car inspections are exceedingly expensive. Especially since they come with no guarantee or warranty. Yes, despite the product being marketed as giving you peace of mind, it gives you nothing more than an opinion; an opinion that may be wrong. My inspection did not stop me getting ripped off. I now also have a very expensive repair bill for my new car. The exasperating thing is there seems to be nowhere to go with any complaint. The AA complaints department firstly did… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to pollydroid's Review

Written on: 26/07/2012

44297

Hello pollydroid, we take the comments made in your post extremely seriously and would very much like the opportunity to address this with you. Could you email chat@theaa.com with Reference number 14939 so that we can help you move forward with your complaint

Regards,

Danoneill's Response to pollydroid's Review

Written on: 11/10/2013

Same thing happened to us. They just ignored us when they got tired of us. Absolute rip-off and we're extremely disappointed.

“Absolutely dreadful”

Written on: 06/04/2012

Spent £280 on an AA inspection and data check to review a 53 plate Volvo XC90 for our family car. The engineer said there were a few minor faults but overall ok. I took it to a Volvo garage 3 weeks later as even when I drove it home, it didn't feel right. They informed me that the vehicle is a death trap and requires £8,000 of work. They were amazed that the engineer didn't pick up on some key faults. Additionally, I requested a data check and had to chase them to do this. Obviously… Read Full Review

Pollydroid's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2012

"AA Vehicle Inspections - An expensive mistake"

This almost mirrors my experience.

Beware the AA vehicle inspection comes with no guarantee or warantee.
Despite paying £260 for my car inspection it didn't stop me getting ripped off by a car dealer.

There were 3 major errors in my report but because the AA outsource the inspections to DEKRA 'Expert' they will not handle the complaint. DEKRA 'Expert' simply shrug it off.

Read 1 Comment

“Easy to book, no nonsense, friendly and communicative...”

Written on: 28/10/2010 by Merlot (2 reviews written)

Easy to book, no nonsense, friendly and communicative staff. Engineer turned up when agreed. Car given a clean bill of health and has proved to be one of the most reliable I have owned.

As a comparison, recently used DEKRA for another car purchase following a promotion from GEM motor assist. Consequently ended up being forced to buy the car without any inspection and, to cap it off, had to pay a cancellation fee!

Based on my own experience would definately recommend the AA and will definately… Read Full Review

Pollydroid's Response to Merlot's Review

Written on: 18/07/2012

Beware! The AA outsource the inspections to DEKRA 'Expert' so they will not handle any complaints and DEKRA 'Expert' will simply shrug them off.

Danoneill's Response to Merlot's Review

Written on: 11/10/2013

AA now outsource to Dekra - which is how we got ripped off. I'd avoid both of them