AA Vehicle Inspections Reviews

AA Vehicle Inspections - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AA Vehicle Inspections

AA Vehicle Inspections

“AA VEHICLE INSPECTION ”

Written on: 22/01/2021 by Sophie1976 (1 review written)

We had a man turn up today to do an AA inspection on our Campervan from the person that was buying it, the man turned up in a beaten up old car that quite frankly did not look roadworthy, he was all nicey nicey to our face during the inspection and pointed out something minor that my husband said he could sort asap, the vehicle had just had an MOT he then left and phoned the lady that was buying it and told her not to buy it and he thought it was un roadworthy !!! I have looked at the report… Read Full Review

“Fleeced”

Written on: 05/08/2020 by FizzyJules (1 review written)

I booked an inspection as the website said that they aim to do the inspections within 2 working days. When they rang to book the appointment, they couldn't do it for a week, so that was too late for me and i cancelled the inspection. They took 20% of the money I had paid for "admin" because "they had made a phone call". They were totally unresponsive when I said that they hadn't kept their side of the contract. I would never have booked the inspection if I had known they would take a whole… Read Full Review

“No inspection at all is as good as inspection by the AA”

Written on: 23/10/2019 by Happyincornwall (1 review written)

Seeing a car advertised (in this case a Landrover discovery) some 300 miles away and not knowing an awafull lot about cars. I thought it best I asked someone (in this case unfortunately the AA) to check it out before deciding if it was worth getting. The report came back with a few (not major) issues, so decided on their findings to go ahead and purchase the car However, on the day of having the car transported down to me, (300 miles or so) I found a few other things that failed to be picked up… Read Full Review

“Disgraceful customer service. ”

Written on: 14/08/2019 by Hart131 (1 review written)

Having booked through the AA site and paid for an inspection to the AA I am left furious that they have advised that any complaint regarding the inspection does not lay wuth the AA as they use a 3rd party to complete inspections. Infact there worlds when closing my complaint was as follows: ACE inspections are a separate company to the AA who are permitted to carry AA style branding, but they are under license by ACE.  The AA only acts as an intermediary and is in no way responsible for the… Read Full Review

“128 point check ‘pointless’”

Written on: 04/07/2019 by agyles (1 review written)

Having bought a first car for my daughter at the CarStore in Coventry we were led to feel we had peace of mind that because the car had had an AA 128 Point Check that it would be free from issues for several months. Well how wrong were we!!! After 3 months and only 500 miles we discovered that the rear tyres were perished on the inner facing walls and the brake cylinders were leaking and all needed replacing at a cost of £350! DO NOT BE LED TO A SENCE OF SECURITY THAT THE 128 POINT CHECK MEANS… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to agyles's Review

Written on: 04/07/2019

Hi there, we're sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your car. We would really like to look into this further, so that we can, please can you send us an email with your full name, address, reference number (if you have one) and your contact number to us.

Agyles's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2019

Hello, yes I am very dissatisfied.
I will give you the other details you request in a return email.
Thanks

Read 2 Comments

“Pointless inspection. Dangerous issue ignored ”

Written on: 30/04/2019 by roxybirch (1 review written)

Paid for a review on the car. Less than two weeks later multiple issues need fixing at cost to me. One was that brake discs that had been marked as green on the report were obviously worn and grooves and on inspection below legal limit. Sticking Brake Caliper also needed replacing and wheel bearing collapsed. The fact the brake disc issue had been ignored means I can’t believe the other issues were not visible on the inspection. Door handle is cracked and also needs replacing as obviously… Read Full Review

Mjaid's Response to roxybirch's Review

Written on: 16/12/2020

These reviews are so, so useful. I am about to try out a £13 K car that has an AA inspection certificate but I did note on the report it said: “report...provided for sole use of the Dealer and should not be relied upon by any third parties.”

Well, there you have it, a report and certificate that the AA itself says “should not be relied upon...”

And it wasn’t even small print!!

Read 1 Comment

“Car inspectors are offenders”

Written on: 23/04/2019

The person that came to inspect my car stole a ratchet wrench from the boot of my car. I left the tool just before he came and I checked for this tool just after he finished the inspection so he took it while he was inspecting my car and I was not looking. I called him and he came back. I asked him about the tool and he said he didn't take it. I insisted and he denied. The AA is supposed to give confidence to their customers but they send offenders. This talks about their reputation… Read Full Review

“AA inspected but car had been badly repaired”

Written on: 04/04/2019 by Whatnow17 (1 review written)

I went to view a car yesterday that had been AA inspected and supposedly test driven by the AA. I'm no car buying specialist but clearly the car had been in an accident and badly repaired also the report said no warning lights but there was service required light on even though they were saying it had been recently serviced. I didn't even lift the bonnet after seeing how bad the repaired wing was I would say there were far more problems with the car if I had of looked deeper, or worse… Read Full Review

Marianbangham's Response to Whatnow17's Review

Written on: 24/05/2019

I had exactly the same experience with a AA vehicle inspection report last year.
I have taken the matter up with the AA but they have absolved themselves of all responsibility because “the AA does not carry out these inspections”. The inspection company is allowed to “use the AA logo under license”!
I have had extensive correspondence with both the company and the AA but they have both washed their hands of the issue which will cost me circa £1000 to put right.
I trusted the AA and feel totally let down.
Reading through the RAC inspection details I recommend the RAC as a better bet.

“Don't waste your money”

Written on: 07/01/2019 by Yusuf486 (1 review written)

I decided to buy an AA inspection for a car I'd decided to buy. Spent hours researching the car, any known faults with the model etc, satisfied with my findings I found one 4 hours drive from me for good money for its age and mileage. So not knowing much about cars even if I went in person, thought I'd get an AA inspection done. Did so, got a glowing report, no issues, excellent car inside and out. So....I go pick it up the following week, drive it home (luckily), the next day the heating… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/01/2019

Hi, we're really sorry to learn about your experience. When you have a moment please email the details to us including a copy of this review, your full name, address and contact number, we'd like to address this. Thank you.

Yusuf486's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2019

Well I have emailed (8/1/19) just waiting on a reply....?

Yusuf486's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2019

Well I have emailed (8/1/19) just waiting on a reply....?

Read 3 Comments

“Shambolic mess”

Written on: 17/08/2018 by Melvinpratt (1 review written)

Purchased a car with aa 128 point inspection check. 15th June 2018 9 weeks later still waiting for repairs on car to be done Air conditioning not working split pipes , water pump leaking , thermostat leaking. Tyres on legal limit. With flat spots ,crack in alloy wheel. Number plate loose this is after the check. I have since found out car failed test with above faults then was passed later same day. Incompatance or lazy by the inspector either way they are useless. Can not contact inspection… Read Full Review

“Don’t use AA”

Written on: 07/04/2018 by CooperHeath480 (1 review written)

Don’t use! Paid £254 for AA comprehensive report on a car that I was interested in buying Report was done quickly next day actually but came back saying car was not road worthy for test drive because coolant level was low. So I was non the wiser made a complaint and there response was you should have read the terms and conditions… Read Full Review

“Very poor service from AA”

Written on: 01/04/2018 by Chasetm167 (1 review written)

Appalling service from AA for vehicle inspection of my car. Had to wait nearly a week for appointment, then 4 cancelled appointments at last minute, had to chase verbal report, had to chase email report, unacceptable length of time to answer phone or transfer to appropriate department, unhelpful staff who didn’t seem to know anything about cancellations or reports, no promised phone calls about problems encountered, not able to give a negative review on AA site. Very expensive. Would NOT… Read Full Review

“Rude inspection people. ”

Written on: 10/12/2017 by West57 (1 review written)

I have booked for a vehicle inspection then I did HPI check . When HPI check come miles incorrect I called back after 2 hours of my inspection booking. Which within AA T & C. But I get charged £20 admin . If you look in Website it’s say. If you cancel 2pm day before inspection take day you will get full refund. I cancled on 30/11/2017 2hours after I booked. . And inspection booked on 5th of Dec 2017. After that I don’t find any number to call and talk or any one have proper training to… Read Full Review

“AA Vehicle Inspections”

Written on: 09/11/2016 by NaimaKemp (1 review written)

It's not actually the AA that carry out these inspections, they are commissioned out to a third party company. If you are not happy with your inspection you can complain to the third party company (the company that do the review) but good luck if you actually get anyone interested to listen to your complaint. You of course can also make a complaint to the AA themselves and good luck again if they bother to reply. Best suggestion, avoid and go elsewhere… Read Full Review

Marianbangham's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2019

I second that. I have got absolutely nowhere with either the third party company (even though they have acknowledged my complaint is justified) or with the AA who simply say “nothing to do with us”!
Why I ask does the AA advertise these vehicle inspection reports at the top of their online page as an AA service when it is not?

Read 1 Comment

“So upset and disgusted with the AA”

Written on: 18/09/2016 by Hanleylk2 (1 review written)

Was thinking of buying a car for our son and being his first car wanted make sure it would be safe booked an AA inspection,after being with the AA approximately 30years felt safe with them as nd that it was the right thing to do. Paid £172 plus £19.99 for a car data check.On the day of the check the inspector did not carry out the check as the cars battery was flat.After talking with the owner who was going to bring as battery pack but would take 20 mins the inspector said he wouldn't wait… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/09/2016

Hi, we would really like to address this for you. We understand from your review you have been in contact with us already, we'd like to investigate this further. Please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page so we may help. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards

Chubby_Ninja's Comment

Written on: 15/05/2017

Would love to hear the outcome of this, if you had been a 30 year customer of mine I'd have rolled out a red carpet for you, such a shame there is no sense of loyalty towards excellent customers.

I think AA's behaviour is utterly appalling and based on this review I have decided not to have an AA vehicle inspection with them and certainly will not have an AA membership. I also informed my Dad who was considering joining the AA about this review and told him to steer clear.

Read 2 Comments

“Third party outsourcing ”

Written on: 11/08/2016 by qzCoyle463 (1 review written)

Booked a AA check throw the AA and believed that they were doing the job that I payed them to do only to find out not it was a company called decra or something like that not happy with AA secondly full inspection was done on the ground using a jack how they could do a full check underneath I don't know have complained to the AA about this but are basically washing there hands spoke to mot station and they say that to check underneath it would have to be on a ramp just to cover everything on… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/08/2016

We are really sorry to hear you have been left feeling dissatisfied with our vehicle Inspection service. Hope you have already been in touch with a member of our team to address the concerns you have raised. However, if this is not something you have done already, please contact us via our website TheAA.com on our 'contact us' page and we'll be happy to look into this matter further.

“selling a car”

Written on: 07/12/2013 by babyRVI (1 review written)

I am currently selling my car and rightly so the buyer had a aa check I had no objections to this however on the morning of the review it had been raining and the car was wet!!.his report said the car was wet dirty /dusty the car had had a full valleting and the paintwork was immaculate it certainly was wet but not dirty. he reported there was evidence of repainting to the boot lid has someone repainted my car boot without my knowledge. I have owned the car I would have been aware if someone… Read Full Review

“Betrayed our trust - steer clear”

Written on: 11/10/2013 by DanONeill (1 review written)

We paid the full fee for a full inspection of a 2003 VW Beetle. As we were proposing to buy it from a London garage we thought it wise to employ a company we trusted to give the car a complete once over. We paid, and duly the AA (or so we thought) came along and did the inspection (again so we thought). Barring a couple of minor quirks, usual for a car of that age, it was given a clean bill of health, so we went ahead and bought it. Two days later we were on the side of the road with an… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to DanONeill's Review

Written on: 15/10/2013

Hello,

This is something that we'd like to look further into this for you. Please email me with reference FOR53585 in the subject title. In the email please include your full name, address and vehicle registration number.

Regards

Danoneill's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2013

Email you where?

Not interested in automated telephone menus, tiresome pass ons, fob offs, excuses, drafting more letters, appealing to good sense. We've had a 6 month wall of silence and only after we put it on a third party site do we get a response?

The Aa's reply to Danoneill's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2013

Apologies, the email address to send this information to is [removed]. Ensure you include the reference given in the last post.

Regards

Danoneill's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2013

Sorry this has been removed by the moderators. Please could you get in touch via yukon128 [at} hotmail dot com

Read 4 Comments

“AA Car Inspection”

Written on: 11/10/2013 by christinaoneill (1 review written)

PLEASE PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON AN AA INSPECTION.....I feel I have to write this for anybody considering an AA inspection on a used car. We paid for a full inspection only for a garage where we took the car for a service noticed a completely visible breather pipe that had been wrapped up with plastic. Obviously this needed immediate repair. On contacting the AA in order to ask why this had been missed we were informed that because it would involve removing the plastic engine cover (I… Read Full Review

“AA Vehicle Inspection - an expensive mistake”

Written on: 18/07/2012 by pollydroid (2 reviews written)

At £260 the the AA car inspections are exceedingly expensive. Especially since they come with no guarantee or warranty. Yes, despite the product being marketed as giving you peace of mind, it gives you nothing more than an opinion; an opinion that may be wrong. My inspection did not stop me getting ripped off. I now also have a very expensive repair bill for my new car. The exasperating thing is there seems to be nowhere to go with any complaint. The AA complaints department firstly did… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to pollydroid's Review

Written on: 26/07/2012

44297

Hello pollydroid, we take the comments made in your post extremely seriously and would very much like the opportunity to address this with you. Could you email [email protected] with Reference number 14939 so that we can help you move forward with your complaint

Regards,

Danoneill's Response to pollydroid's Review

Written on: 11/10/2013

Same thing happened to us. They just ignored us when they got tired of us. Absolute rip-off and we're extremely disappointed.