Praktica L - LT - LTL - MTL etc. Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Praktica L - LT - LTL - MTL etc. - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Praktica L - LT - LTL - MTL etc.

Praktica L - LT - LTL - MTL etc.
Praktica L - LT - LTL - MTL etc.

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Using my second Prakica after 10 years away and I...”

Written on: 08/03/2005 by biggles44 (2 reviews written)

Using my second Prakica after 10 years away and I realise what I'd been missing. Pentax make great SLRs, but it's nice to come back to the inventors of the pentax (HAH!) screw… Read Full Review

“I own 3 35mm SLR cameras (Yashica 250-af, Yashica...”

Written on: 12/02/2005 by atticusblack (1 review written)

I own 3 35mm SLR cameras (Yashica 250-af, Yashica 230-af and a Praktica LTL-3). Although the Yashicas are newer than my Praktica, it's the LTL that I use the most. I prefer the all manual operation, and although a little heavy compared to more modern slrs, it feel well built and robust.
Lenses are cheap and readily availably from secondhand camera stores, I bought an 80-200mm zoom for £5 recently.
In summary, a great camera for those just getting into 'serious' photography or those on a… Read Full Review

“This review covers most of the Praktica Manual SLRs...”

Written on: 21/09/2002 by Guru. (1 review written)

This review covers most of the Praktica Manual SLRs built in the 1970s-80s. The models are all similar, some had lightmeters, some had selftimers, but were basically the same camera. No "bells or whistles", these were basic manual exposure, manual focus SLRs. I owned a NOVA II in 1985, which introduced me to "proper" photography. The shutter speed range was 1-1000th sec + B, the flash snyc. was about 100th sec. The standard lens was the fantastic Carl Zeiss Jena 50mm f-2.8, which was extremely… Read Full Review

66Aj's Response to 38822_Guru.'s Review

Written on: 08/03/2016

What you call the "Pentax M42 screw lens fitting" was actually introduced by Praktica long before Pentax knew what a camera was. Give credit where credit is due. The M42 is the Praktica screw mount.

Read 1 Comment