Ionian Weddings Reviews - www.ionianweddings.co.uk

Media Gallery for Ionian Weddings www.ionianweddings.co.uk

Ionian Weddings www.ionianweddings.co.uk

“Absolutely delighted ”

Written on: 12/11/2017

Absolutely delighted with just how beautiful our day was. The whole experience from booking the wedding all the way through until leaving the venue was handled impeccably. All of the team in the UK made the process of dealing with matters abroad exceptionally easy and stress free. All of the team over in Malta were highly professional and passionate about ensuring our day went as perfectly as it did. We honestly couldn't have asked the day to go any more perfectly… Read Full Review

“Absolutely delighted ”

Written on: 10/11/2017

“Thank you to everyone at Ionian Weddings!”

Written on: 17/10/2017 by LillianaAndersen412 (1 review written)

Thank you to everyone at Ionian Weddings! It really felt so easy and relaxed from the beginning, nothing ever seemed a problem at all. We were always kept informed throughout the whole process. The staff at Ionian Weddings were all really helpful and really easy to work with. They made our wedding experience straightforward and enjoyable. Ilaria was amazing, she was always so helpful and answered all your questions and always made sure she had a response or answer for you. We had the best day… Read Full Review

“We want to do the day all over again and again and again!”

Written on: 10/10/2017 by lfNorris478 (1 review written)

We had the most amazing day- everything we ever dreamed it would be and we can't thank Ionian Weddings enough. When we booked our wedding I was expecting a very stressful few months of planning but right up until the moment we said "I do" I didn't feel any at all. The Ionian Weddings team made it all run so smoothly and nothing I asked was ever too much trouble. We will definitely be recommending Ionian Weddings to others that want to get married abroad. There is now only one problem..... we… Read Full Review

“Amazing Kefalonia Wedding”

Written on: 06/10/2017 by Lennonp1948 (1 review written)

We had an absolutely amazing time. Better than we could ever have imagined. We cannot thank you all enough. On arrival in Kefalonia, any fears we had were completely calmed by Demitra and the celebrant. Totally fantastic from start to finish. Multiply perfect by infinity and that was our day in a nutshell. Thank you sooo much everyone at Ionian Weddings… Read Full Review

“Poor communication ”

Written on: 22/08/2017 by Marco325 (1 review written)

We have been talking with Ionian weddings since June and we have all our money saved and want to book asap. The responses from the person I dealt with were slow and incomplete. We wanted to know more about the resorts seeing as guests would be coming as a holiday. They refused to tell us the resort names only allowing us to review venue details. I managed to find the resorts through some research and we planned to visit. They wanted to charge £150 just to view a venue. We have found the venues… Read Full Review

Jclarke47's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2017

I have recently returned from getting married in Santorini I had booked through Ionian. After recommending Ionian before flying to Santorini my views changed once I arrived. In my experience it felt like the people advising you in the London office had never been to the venues and the communication with them and the staff on the island is poor. I was also disappointed with the help given by the planner on the day itself

Written on: 29/09/2017

Hello Jclarke47, thank you for your comments and we’re really sorry to hear that your views have changed. Ionian Weddings is proud to be one of the only UK based wedding planning companies that visits all of its venues. In fact in 2017, three different staff members from our UK office have visited your wedding venue (Gem Santorini). As we have a large team I’m sure you can appreciate that not every member of staff can visit every single one of our 300 + venues but you can always ask to speak to someone in the office who has. We’re sorry to hear your feedback on your local co-ordinator, it’s extremely rare we have negative feedback on our local team in Santorini. We didn’t receive any feedback directly from you after your wedding so if you’d like to discuss any specific issues, please do get in touch with us so we can look into it further. Thank you again for your review, your feedback is really valuable to us.

Written on: 29/09/2017

Hello Marco325, thank you for your review. If you look at reviews on other sites you will see that our customers frequently say that the reason for booking with us is because we respond much faster than other companies. I’m really sorry to hear that you felt the responses you received were slow. Based on the information you’ve given I’ve been unable to trace your enquiry with us so I can’t comment further however I do need to point out that the £150 covers the cost of visits to multiple venues and the time for our local team to set up appointments and show you around. Most importantly, it is fully refunded when you book with us and this is made clear in our correspondence. If you have any further feedback do contact us directly and I’ll be happy to look into it in more detail. We wish you all the best with your wedding planning and thank you for your valuable feedback.

Niknox's Comment

Written on: 29/09/2017

I was asked if my details could be passed to you by review centre of which I agreed as she asked me to send over the emails that I’d had with yourselves as you’d challenged the review to try and get it taken down but as I was able to provide what they asked for it was reinstated.
I haven’t heard anything from you directly, only this response on a public website. Another email of the service to be received.

Written on: 02/10/2017

Dear Niknox, I'm sorry but I am not sure what this about. I have asked Reviewcentre to contact you about this as at no point have we asked for anyone's details.

Read 5 Comments

“My wedding in October 2016 with Ionian Weddings”

Written on: 19/01/2017 by Bride2016 (1 review written)

She was our wedding planner at Ionian Weddings and she was fantastic! From start to finish she answered any questions we had putting our minds at ease and made planning our wedding not only a stress free experience but also an enjoyable one :-) I can honestly say that there is nothing that we would change about our day, it really was perfect and the best day ever!… Read Full Review

“They really help you plan your wedding and are very...”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by anaf23 (3 reviews written)

They really help you plan your wedding and are very dedicated in working with you. The prices for the service you are receiving is great and I highly recommend them… Read Full Review

“Decent service with room for improvement”

Written on: 21/06/2016 by 363Schofield (1 review written)

We used Ionian Weddings for our wedding in spring 2016. Their service is fine in that you'll get your wedding (it's legit!), and ours really was a dream come true, however this is because of the wedding staff at the destination, not the Ionian staff. Ionian just liaise with the destination staff, who are wedding planners in their own right, but obviously most people (ourselves included) would be anxious about trying to arrange it directly. Ionian were fine, but you have to be on your toes - at… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/08/2016

Thank you very much for your review. It’s difficult for us to comment in detail as you don’t mention where you got married. We have planned over 1200 weddings over the last 9 years and if you look at our testimonials on our website and our Facebook page you’ll see that couples mention time and again how stress free the process was and how delighted they are with our service. We are truly sorry that you didn’t feel the same way. We are constantly striving to improve and have taken on board all of your comments. We have recently taken on more staff at our UK office and have looked at our procedures recently to improve them. Should you wish to discuss any of these points in more detail please do get in touch with us. Thank you again for your review and we wish you both all the best.

Read 1 Comment

“Great people, great memories”

Written on: 23/10/2015 by Drainford999 (1 review written)

We chose Ionian because of the great impartial advice that Andreas offered when we popped into their stand on a whim during one of the Wedding shows at the NEC. The fact that he was talking to us from a neutral point of view (i.e. Not just trying to get a booking from us, and suggesting alternatives for what we wanted) meant we'd made our decision before we left the show. Ionian were really friendly and helpful, and when we made a mistake on the documents side, the person I dealt with handled… Read Full Review

“Fantastic Weddig Planners!!”

Written on: 23/10/2015 by Saffron420 (1 review written)

I couldn't disagree more with the negative comment below. THE BEST WEDDING EVER!!! Ionian weddings were amazing from start to finish, nothing was too much trouble and every last detail was perfect. Our marriage was same sex, and this was handled in such an open understanding manner across the board. the people I dealt with thought of everything and helped us to create our dream wedding we can not thank them enough! Thank you so much Ionian you are the best!!!… Read Full Review

“Wedding of our dreams! Santorini, Dana Villas”

Written on: 23/10/2015 by Ianclifford88 (1 review written)

We choose Santorini & Ionian Weddings for our wedding after doing lots of research on weddings abroad. Santorini, in particular, appealed to us due to its natural beauty and the fantastic looking venue in which we booked (Dana Villas). Since our first contact with Ionian they have been nothing but helpful, informative and friendly and the end result was one of the best days of our lives! - To this day, almost a year on, attendee's of the wedding still say its the best wedding they have ever… Read Full Review

“Most stressful pre wedding ever”

Written on: 21/10/2015 by trinidecombe (1 review written)

To start with, Andreas was great and it seemed like it will all be smooth, however after we have paid the deposit, everything went wrong. He allocated us a lady, very unprofessional and without any experience. He was meant to be the expert on Crete, but nothing we could do about it. We discussed prices for the package, and although we were aware that the initial prices had to be double checked for the time we were getting married, we found extremely bizarre that all the things we wanted to cut… Read Full Review

Bear14's Response to trinidecombe's Review

Written on: 21/06/2016

It's interesting to read your review, it mirrors our own experience with Ionian quite closely! We got married in a different country but were equally impressed with the local staff, they made our wedding the lovely day it was.

Trinidecombe's reply to Bear14's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2016

they blocked my comment in Facebook but my husband managed to re post it..
sorry to hear they were bad to you too.. but glad to local team came to your rescue!

Trinidecombe's reply to Bear14's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2016

they blocked my comment in Facebook but my husband managed to re post it..

Read 3 Comments

“great little gig but there are so many better ones ”

Written on: 19/05/2015 by Daniel.nick (4 reviews written)

This was a fine little gig and well organised, my only criticism is why not hunt around a little more and find a better one. . . there are so many that it’s not difficult to find, juts go to Venue reservations website, ok they are more about finding venues for big corporate summer party venues and stuff like that but everyone uses them as wedding location planners as well. Other than that we had a great time and the planning was really quite good… Read Full Review

“Highly recommended!”

Written on: 31/03/2015 by lisavenice12345 (1 review written)

Our wedding was at the 29.08.14 in Venice. We had a very private ceremony at the Palazzo Cavalli. Just my husband and me. Ionian Weddings made an unforgettable day for us. Everything was cared for and all we had to do was to enjoy OUR day. Venice is beautiful and very romantic especially in a gondola. It is an experience you will never forget. People congratulate you. We took the Vaporettho ( Water bus ) to our dinner location instead of a water taxi, it was pure fun especially in our wedding… Read Full Review

“Excellent service from start to finish with Ionian...”

Written on: 19/03/2015 by Kenny484 (1 review written)

We are extremely happy and satisfied with the service we have received from Ionian Weddings and would happily recommend them to anyone else planning a wedding abroad. We were guided and supported from our first enquiry to the end of the wedding day to ensure that everything ran smoothly and went to plan with minimal stress for us. Both our UK and Rhodes wedding co-ordinators have been friendly and helpful and we have never been made to feel like anything is too much trouble for them. The… Read Full Review

“Ionian Weddings really know how to pick great vendors!”

Written on: 02/02/2015 by 428Massey (1 review written)

We can't thank Andreas and the team enough for really taking the stress out of wedding planning. My only concern when deciding to get married abroad was that some of the personal flourishes might be lost 'in transit.' This couldn't have been further from our experience: the venue was exactly how I imagined it; favours and gifts I had made were transported with ease and the florist even dyed roses to match my headpiece!! The photographer and videographer really put us all at ease and captured… Read Full Review

“Perfect wedding in Italy”

Written on: 10/01/2014 by eda4 (1 review written)

We would like to thank Ionian Weddings for planning such a lovely little wedding for us. We were both overwhelmed when we first started planning our wedding, so we decided to change from a large local wedding to a small, destination wedding. We looked through different companies' websites and were very impressed with Ionian Weddings' site. They were great to work with and really came through for us. I am a terrible planner and usually get anxiety and a lot of stress from planning anything. They… Read Full Review

“Simply Excellent! We had the most perfect day”

Written on: 30/08/2013

Simply Excellent! We had the most perfect day… Read Full Review

“Amazing, Lovely, Brilliant! ”

Written on: 15/08/2013

We had the most amazing time in Cyprus and our wedding day was perfect! I can't believe how lovely the venue was the photos do not do it justice. Thank you so much for everything you did organising the wedding Jessica, you are brilliant at your job! Jess & James, 27th July 2013… Read Full Review