Bikesure Motorcycle Insurance Reviews - www.bikesure.co.uk

Media Gallery for Bikesure Motorcycle Insurance www.bikesure.co.uk

Bikesure Motorcycle Insurance www.bikesure.co.uk

“Shocking service”

written by NISES on 20/01/2023

Bought a policy yesterday for my KTM Duke 125. some of my information didn't pull through from bike insurer. then they decide to charge me an extra £126 on top of my policy because of this issue. told them to cancel the policy and they then charge £65 cancellation fee even though it hasn't even start yet. won't recommend or use ever again.

“They are thiefs”

written by McManuswg4 on 13/10/2022

The worst experience ever, dont use this comany, they will ripp you off. You will get a quote online and then when you pay they will ask you to call them to validate the insurance and then they will charge you extra more than £100 .and if you want to cancel thay will charge you £65.00. I will never use them again and i will never recomend them.

“Avoid Bikesure at all costs”

written by James-Mc on 09/07/2022

Bikesure are not a company with any morales, ethics or customer service, how I wish I had selected the second insurance company rather than just going for the cheapest. I cannot express enough just how vile this company are, I have dealt with countless insurance companies over the years some good and some bad but Bikesure are the worst by far. I am counting down the days till I can go with a proper insurance company rather than having to deal with this 'company'.

“Beware - absolute Tricksters ”

written by 413Ashby on 08/03/2022

Absolutely horrible money fleecers. If no changes to your policy I think you should be good. If any mistakes or clarifications on inital qoute you are in a money pit admin charges and more and more qoutes generated. That too within 14 days cooling off period even for cancellations. Just that they come up on thebikeinsurer.co.uk does not mean they are great. They are not even worth the one star you can give. They will ruin your experience for Motorbike even before you can get on it. Customer care will happily assist you and charge you slyly. I could have saved a lot of money not dealing with these people. Beware of Bikesure under which Adianflux insurance operates. Also try companies directly for qoutes instead of using comparison sites which lead you in to these traps.

“RUN AWAY”

written by Romain5484 on 09/12/2021

If they can trick you, they will ! TO AVOID After two years of being a good client with them for a bike insurance, I missed a payment. 8 days only after, I got expelled. I called them the same day of their email, impossible to reopen the cancelled contract. To reopen a new one with them, they were asking a payment of £165 (the remaining balance of the previous contract) – No client gesture to cancel the balance payment being aware I wanted to reopen a contract with them. Lose Lose system

Jayruffle's Response to Romain5484's Review

Written on: 06/01/2022

They're a terrible company.

Read 1 Comment

“F'ing extortionate”

written by Squidmissile on 14/09/2021

The way these people do business makes me genuinely angry, as they will drain you for money at any given opportunity. I took out a policy at a rate of £260. About two hours after taking the money from my account, they changed the terms of my policy to a version I wasn't happy with. I was then faced with a decision to pay their new £900 policy or an £88 cancellation fee (despite never actually being insured to go on the road and being WELL within the 14 day cooling-off period). AVOID.

Jayruffle's Response to Squidmissile's Review

I had a similar issue.

Read 1 Comment

“Misleading”

written by Brylee426 on 11/08/2021

After taking payment and issuing certificate of insurance I was asked to call them to verify my policy. During the call they asked details relating to my licence, previous claims and where the bike would be stored. All this is fine until they start elaborating on the questions with queries not mentioned in the online questionnaire. E.g. my bike is stored in a locked garage of an apartment block. The questionnaire offers you a choice of carpark, lock up, driveway, locked garage. Apparently because the garage is accessible by other residents this does not count. They attempted to increase my premium 300%. When I asked to cancel they wanted 75% of my annual premium. They had insured me for 4 days. Carole Nash do not confirm your insurance or take payment until they have confirmed all details. I found them misleading and unscrupulous.

Jayruffle's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2022

They certainly have poor morales and terrible customer service, I would never recommend them.

Written on: 06/01/2022

I would concur. Unscrupulous and misleading.

Written on: 06/01/2022

I had exactly the same experience. After placing a review on here and i think somewhere else they reluctantly refunded almost all of my money.

I would totally agree with you regarding them being corrupt and misleading.

Read 3 Comments

“BEWARE ”

written by on 29/06/2021

I took a policy through them on saturday (online quote) £100 cheaper than everyone else, great. The policy was due to start on monday. I paid the full premium £215. 23 happy days. On tuesday i get an email from them to validate my policy, made the call a young lady said i had on the proposal form stated i owned the bike since june 2018 i hadn't i only bought the bike on the 6th june two weeks ago, i said sorry if i made a mistake it's easily done. Then i couldn't believe what she said, basically because i had put the wrong date in that it invalidates the policy and therefore they would be removing the discount they had allowed for me ownung the bike for two years( i have never heard of any company giving discount for owning a bike any amount of time) anyhow it could be sorted if i paid another £450, i think that what she said as i had difficulty understandig her she spoke so fast (i asked her to talk slower twice) in other words it was going to cost somewhere in the region of £650 or i could cancel the policy, so i cancelled then she rubbed salt in the wound by sayiny it would cost £25 or £35 for something plus £60 cancellation fee. Fifteen minutes later i get an email saying my refund is £126. 15, thats £88. 85 for a typing error. I've had bike insurance for 46years and never had to deal with a company like this. What about starting a facebook page for dissatisfied bikesure customers???.. They should be investigated. Avoid avoid avoid avoid.

Written on: 11/08/2021

I can fully support this. He same happened to me. They tried to treble my premium after moving the goalposts.

They then tried to charge me a cancellation fee of nearly £100 on an annual premium of £136 after just 3 days.
Misleading.
Hide behind T&C's

Jayruffle's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2022

I had similar issues with them, horrible company

Cp13's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2021

Raise this with the FCO. Purchase date of M/C would have no material impact on the terms of the policy

what is the FCO?

Written on: 19/08/2021

anyone know what the FCO is?

Written on: 24/08/2021

follow up to the above. i sent bikesure an e.mail saying i wasn't happy with the way i was treated and asked for my money back and said if i didn't get the money back i was going to the insurance ombudsman. six hours later i get a phone call from bikesure to tell me i'm getting a full refund. happy days.

Read 6 Comments

“Avoid”

written by WillowMattingly108 on 12/03/2021

Asked me to contact them after taking out insurance as they said it may be invalid. Customer services talked me through some minor changes that they said wouldn’t impact the quote but that I should change, such as increasing my mileage from 1000 to 2000 miles as I had previously asked for a quote on that mileage a few years previously and they’d checked their records. She was quite persuasive so I agreed, despite not needing the change. She then said I just need to double check that this won’t alter the premium’ and got me to confirm that I was happy for her to check. After a few minutes she returned and confirmed there was no premium change, as we knew there wouldn’t be. She then said there was a £35 charge for checking, I said I’d like to cancel, she said “certainly that’s no problem, there’s a £60 cancellation fee, shall I credit the remainder to your card?”, the insurance hadn’t even started. I’ve never encountered this sort of manipulation and blackmail from a company before, I was forced to pay the fee and she knew she had me over a barrel, makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach that this sort of practice should be allowed to continue, I only hope my review will enable others to avoid this company.

Cp13's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2021

You have a cooling off period of 14 days at no cost. Take the case to the FCO - this looks like manipulation. Thank you for your review - I have decided against taking out a policy with them

Splendid1's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2021

They waited 14 days before contacting me, definitely best to avoid, been insuring various motor vehicles for 32 years and have never been treated like that before.

Read 2 Comments

“No 14 day cancellation period”

written by Scorpion75 on 11/03/2021

I only rated it 1 star just so I could leave this review! Otherwise my rating is ZERO. £60 admin fee and 28 cancellation fee, even though the contract was cancelled within a couple of days. They won't put you through to a manager either and will not refund. Appalling company!! DO NOT USE THEM!! Isnt there usually there's a 14 day cancellation period??!!

Moonman694's Response to Scorpion75's Review

Written on: 11/06/2021

SAME HAPPENED TO ME.10 days ago I was make motorbike insurance charged me 175 pounds.Today I want to canceland want to charge me 32,44 /time on cover charge/and also 30pounds /cancelation fee/ with in cooling period!! Legal robbery!! AVOID!!!

Jayruffle's Response to Scorpion75's Review

Written on: 06/01/2022

I had very similar experience, I am on a quest to publicise their terrible morales and poor business ethic.

Read 2 Comments

“If I could give a zero, I would Step-father is 75,...”

written by 162O'Grady on 20/02/2021

If I could give a zero, I would Step-father is 75, can't do the internet but his renewal with another company was massive, so I looked around for a cheaper quote. To cut a long story short, he ended up cancelling the policy after Bikesure bombarded him with emails asking for document after document to be uploaded to his "Online Account". He explained he wasn't able to do that, (we live quite a way from them so we weren't able to help). The staff were obnoxious, unhelpful and rude when he called them to explain and only told him he could've posted copies to them AFTER he'd cancelled the policy because he was becoming increasingly upset by the emails and phonecalls. The policy wasn't due to start until March 1st and they've charged him £60 for administration fees. There are 8 motobikes in total in our family and none of us will use bikesure now or in the future, neither will we recommend them to anyone in the the grouos that we're all part of. I suggest if you're not a computer whiz to steer well clear! Shocking service.

“Miss any details and see the premium costs rise”

written by MatthiasAustin494 on 08/11/2020

I unfortunately missed an SP30 I had several years ago so after sending my details with authority to check my license the insurance price shot up 35/40%. Said I would cancel as it was within the 14 day cooling off period but was told it would cost me virtually 50% of the value of my insurance. Had to stick with them unfortunately. They reel you in with a very good on line cost then use any excuse to up the cost. Will not use again.

“Avoid like the plague.”

written by SuperNotCool on 03/11/2020

Insured my bike with Bikesure for a reasonable price, needed a change of vehicle after four months (very similar bike, same age class and engine size) charged over £80 in various admin fees - not thrilled. A couple of months on I asked for a quote for a different bike and was told it would be cheaper to cancel my policy and start a new one - cool, no problem. However, repeatedly tried to get me to pay the remainder of the policy (which was £100s) instead of quoting me a cancellation fee. This was over a number of seperate phone conversations (45 minutes a piece) due to 'technical issues' their end, they refused to call me back. I left this feedback on TRUSTPILOT, Bikesure contacted trustpilot and had my review removed depite me being able to prove all of the above.

“Simply the worst.....truly.”

written by on 18/09/2020

I've had a full bike licence since 1977, so I've dealt with a few insurance companies, but never one as conspicuously awful as this lot. I cancelled my policy before it even commenced such was the level of their communications and they still tried to charge me two thirds of the annual premium.

“Shocking never again ”

written by PabloRodriguez390 on 29/01/2020

I will NEVER go with these again. Avoid at all costs. They didn't take a payment even though the money was there to take. Rang up the next day to pay it over the phone. And they charge me 27 quid for it being late. It was late on their side not mine. AVOID guys. Never use these clowns

“Appalling greed”

written by Caseyne271 on 03/05/2019

I paid in full for a policy and cancelled it four days later. Even though there was two weeks before it was due to start, they told me they would retain £30 for cancellation. Avoid!

“Hidden fees everywhere”

written by Catgirl87 on 06/11/2018

Cancelled my policy only 2 months in after selling my bike. Ended up paying the majority of the cost anyway including a cancellation fee. They had also made me pay a fee for amending some details a few days into it. Also because of this they made me jump hoops sending photos of my bike in the garage, and photos of documents that no other insurance company has ever made me do. Although polite on the phone they just repeat standard company policies, might as well speak to a robot. I had a bad experience with them a few years ago, I should of trusted my instincts to never use them again. Never again, fee after fee on top of your policy.

“Do not use bikesure ever”

written by dale-bikesure on 07/07/2018

Do not use bikesure ever they are holding me ransom for £50 that they are holding back on my insurance..Do not use you will be sorry..say no to bikesure.

“Not as good as advertised”

written by gavinbrooks on 12/02/2018

Avoid them. They failed to deliver as advertised. They demanded pictures of my garage, paperwork proof etc. The valuation option is very expensive, I thought it was free as part of my insurance but it’s nearly £50 extra. I sent them emails and only half got answered. I requested some changes and none was applied. They cancelled my policy unexpectedly after I asked a question and now they demand hundreds of pounds. I only done 20 miles on my Trike in a couple of weeks and with my deposit £120+ already taken. Absolutely scandalous, They say they could not find me insurance cover which I originally needed yet other insurers could. They are not as good as they make out to be in their adverts.

“Terrible service”

written by RobW86 on 12/01/2018

Was charged £75 for cancelling 6 days in (during the 14 day cooling off period) really bad service. Never use them