Ryobi RCS4040CA Reviews

2.5

Ryobi RCS4040CA - Ask a question now

“Bought this last month and have used it a dozen times...”

written by on 05/08/2010

Bought this last month and have used it a dozen times to cut small trees and some larger timber that had already been felled.

It has performed great and would recommend it. I would keep an eye on the chain oil cap as mine came loose and lost all of it's oil in about 10 mins which was not a problem as it hadn't ran dry.

Got mine new at a real bargain price (£50 off and then on a 20% discount day) so just over £100. Just about to order a spare chain or two.

“I purchased this chainsaw at the end of September 09....”

written by on 12/01/2010

I purchased this chainsaw at the end of September 09. The second time I used it on 8th Nov the spigot holding the pull start snapped off. I tried phoning the help line but gave up after several attempts without an answer.I e-mailed them explaining what had happened on the 10th November and received a reply saying they would send me a replacement part.
After several promises that the part would be sent I still havent received it. The latest promise is the end of January 2010. I purchased this chainsaw as it had a warranty of 2 years. However it will have taken 3 months to get a replacement part if in fact it turns up.

Asked by Jim.1 on 27th June 2014 Report this content
Bought this model 2 weeks ago, brand new. Had trouble getting it to start.  Eventually got it going and used it for 2 hours. Switched it off, refuelled it and had trouble getting it to start again. When I eventually got it started, as soon as I squeezed the throttle it cut out. I tried several more times but it kept cutting out. Anybody got any suggestions please?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site