The Fragrance Shop Reviews - www.thefragranceshop.co.uk

The Fragrance Shop www.thefragranceshop.co.uk - Ask a question now

“take your money but you never get it back”

written by Isabela362 on 22/09/2022

They rip you off they take money out of your bank account for items what they cancelled during to stock then two weeks later take the money out and keep it that was the 10th of September and I still having a job to get it back and they don't seem bothered the bank is putting a dispute through to get it back they are a waste of time STAY CLEAR OF THESES ROGUES

“Avoid awful customer service!”

written by lzWyatt251 on 24/05/2022

Awful customer service! Contacted them regarding a product and gave me false informations! Now they won't take it back! Also very expensive compare to their competitors!

“AVOID, SHAMBLES OF A COMPANY”

written by Cozzer on 16/06/2021

I wish i could give less, 1 star is a compliment. gift set for GF's birthday was spilled an damaged upon arrival still in box, empty! 2 weeks of back and forthing with "Laurentiu U" got me nowhere. After 7 images of every conceivable angle they closed my case. No refund no return no nothing! Thanks for the waste of a time gift, il never shop with u again your customer service is horrendous your process of complaints is terrible and worse still you dont even care! As of this morning iv had to initiate a returns that i will have to travel and go out of my way to send back, because of your messup not mine, im the customer?! I order online, it arrives. Thats how it works, if i wanted to walk about id have gone to a store!! Useless utterly useless. AVOID TRUST ME, THEY COULDNT CARE LESS. AVOID!

“Fake perfume”

written by on 22/04/2021

Not only does this company sell fake perfume, it doesn't provide refunds or replacements. It also flags up many negative reviews on trust pilot to ensure they are removed. Avoid at all costs!!

“Awful customer service”

written by martinmarsh on 17/02/2021

Received an email saying item ready for collection between 10 and 4.Arrived during opening time only to be told by security that the only person in that store had gone to the Post Office. Waited outside the arcade on a cold wet and windy day for 45 minutes but said employee had not returned. Then had to endure a tortuous 20 mins drive back home in awful road conditions with no gift. Response to complaint basically said "Tough luck you should have phoned first".

“Did not receive perfume!”

written by picklemonster on 04/01/2019

Ordered a present for my mum in October for Christmas, did not receive it and only just got a refund. Do not order if you want in time for Christmas. Terrible service.

“No item recieved”

written by Johnny328 on 30/10/2018

My experience was not good didn't receive item contacted them they reordered it then 4 days later was sent an email saying it was not in stock and I will get a refund in 5 working days. So 11 days gone now have to wait another 5 for a refund. I won't be using them again

“Incorrect item delivered and customer service when...”

written by Kailar491 on 07/01/2018

Incorrect item delivered and customer service when trying to rectify was terrible

“Avoid!”

written by danielbas on 17/12/2017

I have placed several orders from The Fragrance Shop over the last year without issues. But there was a problem with my latest, placed October 1. When opening the package I discovered that the perfume had been used before. The plastic wrapping was ripped apart, the box had several creases, the inner cardboard had creases and typical bending wear, I immediately smelled the perfume from the box with the cap still on, the bottle had lots of stains and finally it came a burst of perfume from the very first push of the atomizer. None of this happens with new sealed perfumes. I contacted The Fragrance Shop about it and got the following answers: Oct 11: ”Once my manager has looked into this someone will be in touch with you.” That never happened so I contacted them again. Oct 21: ”Please be advised that this matter is currently being looked into by my manager.” Still, nothing happened so I contacted them yet again. Nov 11: ”My colleague has chased this up with my manager yesterday for you.” No, that never happened as well. Nov 29 I contacted them for the last time telling them that my business with them is over. 5 days later I got a reply: ”My colleague has chased this up with my manager so I am awaiting for a reply from my manager to see if there is something that we can do for you.” Well, it’s Dec 17 and I’m still awaiting… It’s when a problem occurs you can see the true colours of a company. The Fragrance Shop has very clearly shown theirs. Avoid!

“Worst company. ”

written by charlottedavy on 10/12/2017

To anyone about to shop at the fragrance store; - [ ] This is the WORST company I have ever brought from in my entire life. Not only did a week later my “next day delivery” didn’t turn up, but I had to Phone and cancel it MYSELF as no-one was contacting me back. They then said I had to “wait for Hermes to confirm that they were returning my order before they can process a refund” and I would receive some free samples.. low and behold, their customer services stopped responding to me. So it’s now been two weeks, I call their customer service line and waited over 30 MINUTES for them to answer. The woman then tells me she’s going to process my refund... so no-one has bothered processing it last week. Meaning if I hadn’t contacted them, they wouldn’t of given me my money back. Then they said they were “waiting for Hermes to say they’d sent it back” IT HAS BEEN OVER A WEEK AND A HALF. I am DISGUSTED at the customer service I have received. To top it off, the woman said she’d call me back at half 7 for me to make a complaint as she finishes at 9pm. I tried calling at 7:40 and it says offices are closed. You are the WORST company with the WORST customer service I have ever had to deal with. With customer service like yours I will not be surprised when your company goes bust like the rest. I am going to post this OVER and OVER again to make sure no-one makes the mistake I did. Two weeks later, no refund and I’ve had multiple people contact me saying the same thing is happening to them.

“Absolute JOKE”

written by opBallard331 on 07/01/2017

Made an order on 15.12.16, they've taken my money and sent the "order" to the warehouse but it was never dispatched and, unsurprisingly, has not arrived. I can't email the company because the contact link doesn't work and they don't answer the helpline - wasted 50 minutes waiting on two separate occasions. Thoroughly unimpressed. Do not order.

“Jmmy Choo EDP”

written by Kenny311 on 13/02/2016

hi there, i was worried when i read the reviews but my gift for the wife 100ml (jimmy choo for £41 thats with postage and its EDP as well) came in 3 days from ordering i recommend perfume point very happy with speed, price,and my wife loves quality of product i give perfume point the thumbs up. Regards

“Fake Boss NIght Edt”

written by Cashr417 on 31/12/2015

Purchased Boss night Edt on 9 november for my husband christmas present and find out that the perfume is FAKE! Its smell different and only last about 5 minutes!! Luckly I keep his old bottle (i purchased from different store ) so I can compare them both. Its almost look identical but after throughly inspection I find the batch number is upside down in the fake bottle and something like grain stuck in between the sticker!! while in the original everything is in perfect order. Email them numerous time but still got no reply. Phone the bank already and will start the claim from the bank instead. Will also report this company to trading standard!!

“Do not order online from this company”

written by KelseyPollock489 on 25/12/2015

Ordered and paid for item on next day delivery. 5 days later waiting for confirmation of dispatch. Phoned their 'customer service' line for the last three days running to be placed on hold for over 35 minutes with no answer. called today and sat on hold for 50 minutes before call was terminated without being put through. Many review websites have what can only be fake reviews supporting this company but tey are appalling. do not purchase from them online unless you want to throw money away. I am now contacting trading standards. Don not consider favourable reviews on feefo or others as they have been paid to balance the bad reviews with goo.

“Maidstone branch- excellent! ”

written by Erink on 21/11/2014

I was passing the Maidstone branch today and decoded to peruse some potential Xmas pressies. I wasn't sure what I was looking for but the ladies in the shop were very helpful taking the time to advise me and letting me know what was on offer. Even with a steady stream of customers they didn't forget about me. Great value for money and excellent customer service!

“excellent special offers”

written by 291Stone on 17/11/2014

excellent special offers, friendly helpful staff, will buy perfumes from here from now on!

“Worst customer service ever”

written by on 15/10/2014

Stopped at the Burton on Trent kiosk last Saturday morning and saw a perfume gift set I liked. Very helpful assistant who showed me the set and took my card payment. My payment was accepted but no receipt was forthcoming. I knew the payment had gone through to my bank as I was asked to remove my card from the card reader. After a couple of phone calls presumably to their technical help line I was told that it hadn't gone through as there was no paperwork. So I was left in the position of not being able to take the goods I was convinced I had paid for and no way of knowing whether the payment had gone through to my bank. After 30 minutes of fruitless conversation in a crowded shopping precinct I was handed the phone so that I could speak to 'head office'. It was impossible to conduct a conversation in the middle of the noisy precinct (the assistant had conducted her conversation away from the noise in a separate room) but the gist of it was that I was wrong, the money request had not reached my bank. It was obviously my card at fault. I later rang my bank who told me that the payment had gone through to them immediately. The bank said that the fault lay with the card machine used by the company. So now I have no goods and presumably a fight on my hands to get the payment stopped. Fortunately I have a very helpful bank. A bad experience with a firm who could not care less.

“Worst store i have ever been. ”

written by 499Wood on 11/06/2014

Buchanan Galleries (Glasgow) Store: I am a young oriental man, went in today to the shop as i saw a good offer on Ralph lauren aftershave. I got in to the shop and was greeted by a good looking young female (cashier) with short dark hair, i replied Hi, (there were 2 other females customers in the shop till (mother and daughter) at that moment) finishing paying for their goods assumed. I continued questioning her about this offer. This shop cashier/assistant did not have a clue what i was on, and its not my english/ communication problem! may be to her i just look like another "foreigner" in Glasgow (i have live in scotland for 15 years). She ignored me completely as if am a yellow brick wall! I dont know whether its my appearance or maybe she is a new staff or maybe its not her day today and its nearly "home time". Luckily another female (long dark hair) staff who helped me out & resolve my enquiry. At the end, i got the item i wanted however it hits me of what experience & treatment i just went through when i stepped out of the store. Overall, i will not/ think again before i stepped into the shop next time and maybe use another shop. I rather pay extra £20 more in another store rather than getting treated like today. I wrote on their Google+ wall and facebook wall. No response from them!

“salesmanship is fantastic”

written by 00000SAM on 02/06/2014

Shopping again today 31/05/14, Cheltenham ! Served by Simeon B and as usual "very helpful and full of knowledge about your products" not to mention very approachable, friendly and with a smile. Got what I was looking for in minutes, in and out off to work, I have my scratch card and I will be back in to make more purchases shortly, over the moon with my new purchase thank you and please thank Simeon B for me as I will be back in again shortly. yours Mrs. Burke, Cheltenham.

“Terrible”

written by Ortega222 on 05/05/2014

Purchased perfume from Shrewsbury branch from extremely rude assistant,I had a 15% discount code on my phone and was told it was no longer valid, after some argument which made the whole experience of the gift I was buying for myself disappointing she put the discount through. Ladies please avoid this Shrewsbury branch! Assistant knows nothing about offers they have on and is very rude!