Crown Currency Exchange Reviews - www.crowncurrencyexchange.com

• Speed of service

Summary

Have you been affected by Crown Currency Exchange going into administration? Share your story in a review.

Media Gallery for Crown Currency Exchange www.crowncurrencyexchange.com

“Fantastic Service”

Written on: 16/10/2022 by BrendonWyatt (1 review written)

On the 22nd of September 2022 I was served by Anju at the Crown Currency kiosk at Marion Shopping Center. I had recently returned from living in Japan and America to my native Australia, to live. Due to circumstances beyond my control I had large quantities of USD, YEN and some RAND in cash that I needed to exchange to AUD. Since returning to Australia the previous weekend, I had been subjected to particularly poor customer service at my bank, at my internet provider, at my telcom provider, at furniture stores, at the Post Office and at other state/federal government agencies. I was very disheartened and had started to regret my decision to return to Australia to retire. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the exceptional customer service provided by Anju. She was extremely friendly and efficient. She stayed in contact with my son and I as we negotiated the best exchange rate possible as we travelled about 2 hours from my new home to Marion. She greeted us with a big friendly smile and 'hello' and proceeded professionally to start the transactions. She guided us to seats at the nearby coffee house and paid for our drinks of choice as we waited for her to complete the transactions. At the completion of the transactions she brought the receipts etc to our table and fully explained the details of the exchange. While I don't believe I got the greatest exchange rate, my displeasure was mitigated by the exceptional service and attitude of Anju. I suspect that you rarely receive feedback from your customers, but I thought you deserved to hear my review of my very positive experience with Anju. Sincerely

“Having used crown to buy some foreign currency for a...”

Written on: 20/09/2022 by 301Bruce (1 review written)

Having used crown to buy some foreign currency for a holiday I double checked the exchange rate afterwards and found a huge difference between what I could have (almost 20% cheaper at Travelex). I questioned the rate and if there had been a mistake and was told everybody does different rates and there were no refunds and nothing they could do, even though the website guarantees competitive rates. Go elsewhere!

“Quick friendly service”

Written on: 14/09/2022 by Sam_R_007 (1 review written)

I recently purchased some currency for an overseas trip. While waiting my cashier gave me some friendly and useful tips about my destination. The service was quick and efficient and I was given smaller notes that I could use easily on my travels. I was very impressed.

“what a rip off ”

Written on: 18/04/2013

I H ave given up all hope of getting anything back now I still hold Barclays at fault for letting them get that far in the red before doing anything about it.

“Waited in all day today for my $8000 to...”

Written on: 16/11/2010

Waited in all day today for my $8000 to arrive......How many others are in same position, and not likely to see a penny back

“I LOST OVER 800 POUNDS WITH CCE ”

Written on: 25/10/2010

I LOST OVER 800 POUNDS WITH CCE
AND A BIG THANKS TO BARCLAY FOR CASHING MY CHEQUE ON THE 30TH
SEPTEMBER WHEN THEY ALREADY BEEN TOLD THE COMPANY WAS ALREADY
INSOLVENT.
MAYBE THEY SHOULD PAY OUT COMPENSATION

“I have also lost money to CCE but I also think that...”

Written on: 25/10/2010

I have also lost money to CCE but I also think that Barclays Bank should also take some of the blame, CCE have been struggling for a while now and yet Barclays(cce bANK) for which I am a customer still transfered money into CCE account right up to the day before they went into liquidation. What protection did we have as a customer of this Bank, where was the loyalty of the bank to its good loyal customers!!!!!

“Hi i also used crown exchange on the 7th aug. Was...”

Written on: 20/10/2010

Hi i also used crown exchange on the 7th aug. Was waiting for money to arrive 21st oct.It took us a long time to save this money now we have lost it.It was for us to have some holiday money.( not had holiday for 2 years ) Don't think we can go now.How can they do this to people.

“I had used Crown Currency Exchange on the 9th...”

Written on: 19/10/2010

I had used Crown Currency Exchange on the 9th September to purchase dollars for a coming holiday. These were delivered promptly on the day specified and everything was in order. So no reason to mistrust them for a further order. I ordered another amount of dollars on 19th September for delivery in November. When I received the e-mail instruction for payment, warning bells should probably have rung when I noticed that the name of their account had changed from Crown Currency Exchange to Crown Holdings Ltd, but the nukmber of the account was the same. I had been out of the country when the company collapsed and only found out when I went on the web to see what the rates were doing. As a widow, on a limited pension, it is blow to find that I have lost probably most of the £1000 I paid them. I think I will stick to the banks or post office in future, you may not get the best rate, but at least you can be sure of getting what you have paid for.

“I too did not find out the Company had gone 'bust'...”

Written on: 19/10/2010

I too did not find out the Company had gone 'bust' until I tried to go on their website. I was horrified! I had used them before with no problems so I trusted them with 2 large Euro orders for the (part) purchase of a permanent home in France.£35,000 to be precise. My last order was taken on 28 September,only days before the 'crash', why did they do it? If I had known the Company was in trouble I wouldnt have bothered and saved myself a lot of worry and stress and still have my money.

“Used this company on 2 different occasions and thought...”

Written on: 19/10/2010

Used this company on 2 different occasions and thought they were great, friendly efficient and always did what they said they would do. Bit dissapointed that they, as a company have let this happen.

“My Husband also bought some euros for our first family...”

Written on: 18/10/2010

My Husband also bought some euros for our first family holiday to Lanzorate in November.I didn't realise which company he bought them through until now. Cant believe this has happened. My husband got advice from Money Expert Martin Lewis. I knew it was to good to be true. Just disgusted about the whole thing

“i to have lost money to those rob dogging b--------- i...”

Written on: 17/10/2010 by kevbrin32 (1 review written)

i to have lost money to those rob dogging b--------- i have saved up to take my daughter on a trip off a life time im working class and scrikped and saved only to ave it ripped away by some cold hearted probably millionaire savages i hope they meet a terrible ending for what they have done sent to prison to rot please keep us informed if any chance or news we must stick together n make them pay

“I know it must be hard for those folks who have lost...”

Written on: 17/10/2010

I know it must be hard for those folks who have lost money due to Crown's demise, but I can only praise the company for their speedy delivery of our travel money in the end of September. I of course did not know of any impending colapse. However, advice to would be purchasers, is always based on trading as of the day it is given, not necessarly the day it is broadcast. My comisserations to those unfortunate to lose their funds in this case.

brkyouj

“I too have lost money to CCE, I was expecting euro's...”

Written on: 16/10/2010

I too have lost money to CCE, I was expecting euro's and dollors on 7th October. MARTIN LEWIS 'MONEY SAVING EXPERT'!!!!! is to blame in my case, I took advice from him on the TV. Martin Lewis should be sued for negligence and removed from TV and Internet. Any 'fool' can give bad advice. Anyone else that has taken advice soley from Martin Lewis please register your thoughts. Julie

Sunnyblue's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2010

I found this review very helpful because...Martin Lewis money saving expert,expert at what losing other people's money ,

Read 1 Comment

“Dam I just this last 5 minutes found out about this...”

Written on: 16/10/2010 by StriderGrey (1 review written)

Dam I just this last 5 minutes found out about this CCE buisness going into administration, The only reason I came across it was I was expection US dollars Friday 15th and they never turned up so went online to just get a phone number to ring and wow. I just hope i can get my money back but now Ive got to find extra money for my holiday in 4 weeks.

Im sure i was getting emails offering me Deals a srecent as 2 weeks ago ?. I nearly did as well.

“I too have been affected by the collapse,as I was...”

Written on: 15/10/2010

I too have been affected by the collapse,as I was expecting US $ yesterday,I was away the past two weeks so had missed the news.Reading all the articles about the Bensteads I hope that they read all the tragic stories on their i pad,probably whilst sunning themselves in one of their villas abroad, supping a drink, new cars in the driveway, and all their family having fun in the sun.The only ones laughing all the way to the bank.
These reviews prove that they have done it before. Would someone please find out how many houses they own? Let's hope Watchdog do a bit on them !

“If you have suffered damages as a direct result of...”

Written on: 15/10/2010

If you have suffered damages as a direct result of following the expert advice and judgement of Martin Lewis there may be a good case to sue him for negligence under the law of tort.

“Everyone effected by crown currency should visit...”

Written on: 13/10/2010

Everyone effected by crown currency should visit http://www.crowncurrencyactiongroup.org/index.html

it is a group set up by the Victims of this theft and thier aim is to get full compensation through legal meens.

Harryfurniss's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2010

I found this review not helpful because... I could not make connection with the action group on line., dealing with crown currency insolvency. H.Furniss. I hope that they will contact me if read this harryfurniss @hotmail.com

Read 1 Comment

“We too have lost money due to CCE going into...”

Written on: 13/10/2010

We too have lost money due to CCE going into administration. We have ordered money for our holiday in March 2011 and for our son's school trip next April. I too saw the FSA reference on their website and felt assured they were ok to deal with. They were recommended to us by my brother (who had used them previously) and promoted avidly by Martin Lewis on Radio 2 and they promoted this on their website. I would love to know if Martin Lewis is so enthusiastic about CCE now and what he recommends all of us who took his advice are to do now???

How a company inolved in Financial Services can operate in the UK but not have to follow best practices (seperate client money holding account etc) is beyond me and again leaves you wishing you could trust the UK Financial Services!!