Peter Best Classic Car Insurance www.peterbestinsurance.co.uk Reviews

2.2

Media Gallery for Peter Best Classic Car Insurance www.peterbestinsurance.co.uk

“Policy renewal”

written by Ronnie1961 on 22/08/2017

After Twenty five years of paying insurance on various cars I got my renewal invitation for my Jaguar, I wanted to change and insure my car for a month as i'm selling and getting a car from motability due to my disability. The Girl refused as she said i'd went over my 5k miles (I thought I was allowed 6k) I asked to insure for a month and she refused to entertain my request. 25 years of paying, which I estimate £10k business over the years and I can't get insurance for a month? Not once have I claimed my insurance over the years. What a bad show PETER BEST insurance services, you've let me down for the LAST TIME. Being a cash customer over so many years counts for nothing. I'll NEVER recommend your services again.

“VERY POOR, NOT IMPRESSED!”

written by EYE_IN_THE_SKY on 26/03/2016

i was recommended by other classic car owners to try Peter Best as they were so cheap. i tried calling them and was put on hold for 15 minutes with no answer so i hung up. i the went on their website and over 2 days placed at least 5 call back requests but they never called me. eventually i got through but the line kept breaking up with the sound of pressed buttons so they hung up on me twice. finally i got through and was half way through the quote when i mentioned a claim back in 2014. i was asked how much the claim amount was but i told them i didnt know as the insurance Co never told me.then she said i cant continue the quote without knowing how much the payout was. ive had loads of other quotes and not one other company has insisted on knowing the claim amount. not very professional to do this to people! Adrian Flux and others quoted me with no problem. even with the claim!

“They gave out my private email address to spammers”

written by on 08/03/2015

I had car and home insurance with this broker so when i wanted travel insurance they were my first and only call, very reasonable quote which i accepted. By mistake i gave them my private email address, within 24 hours my inbox was full of junk spam emails. I contacted them to complain and i was told under no circumstances would they do this, i said nonetheless either you or the insurance company must have so "please look in to it", i was told no, we will not even look in to it because we did not do it. After several minutes of me explaining that either you or the insurance company must have i gave up and hung up. I now receive about five health/travel/medical junk emails every day to an email address that only a few people such as close friends and family know.

“No refunds”

written by on 22/11/2013

Having sold my car and contacted them to cancel my policy and have the balance refunded. No dice As I was just over half way through my policy (5 months remaining) I get nothing back. Pretty poor, I won't be using Peter Best again

“Terrible service”

written by wheelyb on 20/06/2013

Been with them for 10 years - classic car TR6 1973, no accidents, did less than 1000 miles per year. Went from 3 points to 9 points on my driving licence over 1 year (all SP30s) and all of a sudden they say they are unable to offer cover. Sheesh. Instead I went to Footman James - no problem with cover and it cost LESS than with Peter Best insurance.

“EXCELLENT FOR OLD TAXIS!!!”

written by DALEKFACE on 18/05/2012

EXCELLENT COMPANY IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING UNUSUAL TO INSURE. WE HAVE CARBODIES FAIRWAY TAXI & THEY WERE EXCELLENT FOR THAT, NO PROBS & A REASONABLE PRICE. HAVE NEVER HAD PROBLEMS GETTING THROUGH ON PHONE & NICE TO SPEAK TO HUMAAN!! GREAT THAT THEY TELL YOU' YES WE CAN INSURE A TAXI' BEFORE GOING THROUGH ALL YOUR DETAILS JUST TO THEN SAY NO, LIKE MOST INSURERS. ALL SORTED IN LESS THAN 10 MINS. GREAT.

“Took out insurance with this company for a Pajero...”

written by on 23/05/2011

Took out insurance with this company for a Pajero Japanese import at a reasonable cost and paid instantly over phone on my credit card! I discovered a fault within a week on the car so returned to dealer and therefore requested to be issued a refund on the insurance under the 14 day cooling off period! I was told to send my insurance documents in and they would issue refund minus a handling fee which is only fair and I have no problem with! I sent the documents and a letter confirming cancellation by recorded delivery which they received the day after posting! I queried after 5 days and was told it with cancellations department! My credit card bill in meantime due and checked on line after 11 days and still no refund! Rang again asking for cancellation department to be told they don`t have one?? They say the guy who deals with cancellations is on dinner (not very original excuse??)Say they very busy, I explain that I will receive card charges.

They say very busy and will be sorted? I say it not very good 11 days and they wouldn't expect me to say I will pay you in bit I`m busy,Ends up me saying I will ring back they put phone down!

VERY POOR 11 DAYS NO REFUND NO SIGN OF ONE NEXT STAGE IF NO JOY CONTACT CREDIT CARD COMPANY!

“BEST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD!! ”

written by on 06/11/2010

BEST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD!!

got into my first ever accident after being a driver for 4 years was deverstated as i was my pride and joy they were brilliant kept me updated and work was carried out quickly at a garagei picked. dealt with Matthew Best as my agreed valuation had gone walk abouts and he fixed it straight away for me.
i also have quite a few mods to my car and it was no problem for them plus a great price

“After shopping around for my MGF Peter Best was by far...”

written by on 08/09/2010

After shopping around for my MGF Peter Best was by far the cheapest quote. really easy to fill in online and managed to get £164 fully comp for a year (5,000 miles). Much cheaper than more than gocompare etc who wanted about £400!!!! Many thanks!!!

“A very poor company! They do not answer their phones...”

written by on 31/07/2009

A very poor company! They do not answer their phones and have no idea what communication is and when you what someone to call you back after finally getting through again no call back. Cancelled my policy after less than a month due to change in circumstance, this had to be done twice!! When I asked what was needed to be paid to close it I was told nothing which I questioned as unusual but believed them. Three months later receievd an letter from the insurance company the policy was from asking for full amount of the policy! Called Peterbest was told it would be sorted, two months later received a ccj!!! I alway pay things on time and this has annoyed me. Peterbest still wont take liablity.