Canon EOS D60 Reviews

• Image Quality

Summary

6.3 Megapixel
Slr/professional

Resolution 6
Optical Zoom 1
Battery Type Alkaline

Features:
  • Digital AF SLR (body only)
  • 6.3-megapixel CMOS sensor (3152 x 2068)
  • Compatible with Type I/II CompactFlash cards and MicroDrives
  • Connects to PCs and Macs via USB 1.1
  • Powered by lithium-ion rechargeable battery (battery pack BP-511)
  • Refine your search

“I still have the Canon EOS D60 Digital SLR camera. It...”

Written on: 21/05/2006 by tazman1970 (8 reviews written)

I still have the Canon EOS D60 Digital SLR camera. It is a back-up to my 20D. I think its photos are almost as good as the ones from the 20D, but it is just not as fast on focus and start-up.
    Just a good camera… Read Full Review

“While this camera can produce great images it is...”

Written on: 01/02/2003 by Zaptrax. (1 review written)

While this camera can produce great images it is disappointing that Canon chose to use such a low-end body. The metering and focus technology are the same as in a $300 Canon Rebel but the D60 costs $2200. In low light conditions the camera can't focus. Metering lacks center spot and does a poor job in backlit conditions. Many owners, including myself, have had problems with a one-stop underexposure when using a Canon 550ex flash. I wish the camera startd up faster. I would also like to see… Read Full Review

“Well, they said be specific so here goes . . try not...”

Written on: 01/12/2002 by Ade. (1 review written)

Well, they said be specific so here goes . . try not to doze off. I have owned a D30 for nearly 18 months and decided to go fully digital with the onset of our new studio so we have full backup and interchangeabitlity of lenses. We use the D30 and the new D60 for commercial work and that alone should shout volumes about their ability, albeit just in our opinion. The details merely confirm what you may suspect - we love them both ! Here's an example - for the average magazine or brochure layout… Read Full Review

57466_Darth Andy.'s Response to 54848_Ade.'s Review

Written on: 12/12/2002

I couldn't agree more, but as for upgrading my D30, I'm saving for the D1s (11.1 Million Pixels!)

Rachel_Burke.'s Response to 54848_Ade.'s Review

Written on: 29/01/2003

I have just been advised that there are no (and I do mean "no") Canon D60's available in Australia. Having spoken to a number of dealers and also Canon Australia, it appears the D60 has been discontinued and there is _a lot_ of speculation that a "D90" will be released within the next 3 months.
    Has anyone heard whether this is in fact true (more than spectulation) and if so, the likely release date in Australia? Also, I presume that if they've withdrawn the D60 from sale it must mean that the D90 is going to be comparable or the same price?

Read 2 Comments

“This camera is a good enough replacement for all my...”

Written on: 23/11/2002 by ezusbo. (1 review written)

This camera is a good enough replacement for all my SLR's, and I can still re-use all the lenses. It is still not truely 35 mm aspect ratio, but hey I don't take pictures for a living. I find it performs above average under most conditions, and is only limited by the owner's ability. The built in JPEG compressor does a good job of squeezing the size of the files down to under 4M from a raw size of 15M, but if you want to post it on line, it is worth re-compressing it with a good image editing… Read Full Review