Esurance Vehicle Insurance Reviews

Esurance Vehicle Insurance - Ask a question now

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 17/12/2021 by Wilky926 (1 review written)

They are happy to take your money but refuse to actually provide the service you pay for! I have been driving for 20 years and never made a claim in my life. My car was recently damaged during a bad storm with a rear window put through, cosmetic damage down the side of the car due to a falling tree and electrical damage of an as yet undiagnosed nature. After doing some research the electrical damage appears to have been caused by water ingress somewhere and after a few calls around was shaping… Read Full Review

“Answer the phone !”

Written on: 05/06/2016 by Sumotoad (1 review written)

Terrible service. If you ever need to call these people, forget it. 5 times I have called them and the quickest time I ever heard a person was 6 minutes, the longest 12 minutes 48 seconds. If I could tell the world to avoid them I would… Read Full Review

“Terrible service”

Written on: 17/08/2015 by phil46 (1 review written)

Terrible service, Havent acknowledge by NCB pdf from swift cover after two calls and two emails!?… Read Full Review

“Did the Job”

Written on: 13/03/2015 by Cadeq441 (1 review written)

After a serious accident, the insurance dealt with the aftermath effectively and sympathetically. I received a fair offer as my car was a total loss, but it took 5 working days for me to receive the cheque having accepted the offer. Take into account that it takes another 3 working days for a check to clear and this means T, depending on the day of the week you pay in the cheque - that i can take up to 10 days to have the funds cleared. As soon as you accept an offer your courtesy car deal… Read Full Review

“Good Service After Having A Claim ! ”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by Bairdgw218 (1 review written)

Fully comprehensive insurance, Had a car crash they sorted the claim out in 2 weeks and paid out a fair price for my car after being a total loss. The payment came by special delivery and when I put my new car on to the policy I ended up with additional money back which was sent to my account ASAP. Overall brilliant experience and the staff were very helpful ! Excess was very high at £1200 but I had excess protection insurance where ESure pay the first £1000 of any claim also had courtesy car… Read Full Review

“Do not expect Esure to deal with your claim swifly”

Written on: 29/05/2014 by jakh (13 reviews written)

Sometimes, it's not about simply getting the cheaper quote, but actually when you come to get some help from an insurance company, they can help you. With Esure, you can certain that you will be going in circles as they leave you in the dark when you come make a claim or require their support. Appalling customer services, terrible claims management, irresponsible when it comes to get you somewhere to get you back on track. My vehicle was hit 6 months ago by another car, and Esure fail to… Read Full Review

“3 Days Wait for A Replacement Windscreen -Cheap Not...”

Written on: 27/12/2013 by hewood29 (2 reviews written)

Have found a reputable company that can repair our screen this afternoon, but esure will only pay £100 - as it is not one of their two approved companies awful customer service, renewal will not be happening now. Can't believe their policy is to use just two companies for glass replacement, probably because they know the two companies can't cope with the volume of work and the customer will get fed up and pay it themselves, very clever indeed… Read Full Review

“they chase you like blood hounds”

Written on: 25/03/2013

I took out a policy with eSure and received a letter asking to send my No Claims Bonus discount proof from my previous insurer within a month or else the insurance would be cancelled, which was fair enough. However I keep receiving reminders almost daily by text, email and post. Chill out guys, I am not an idiot, you have asked for it within a month and you'll get it... no need to chase me like a blood hound. At the end of the day you have informed me of the consequences 20 times or so!.. My… Read Full Review

Yvolodymyr's Comment

Written on: 01/06/2013

eSure and Esurance are two different companies are you people stupid or what

Read 1 Comment

“ESure remind me of Ryanair - cheap but with 'hidden'...”

Written on: 28/02/2013 by Chrissy2456 (1 review written)

I AM FURIOUS WITH ESURE. Took out an esure policy at a competitive price for my little Ford KA last week - start date yesterday. For the first time ever (am over 50) was asked to send copies, of counterpart driving licence of all named drivers including myself. My son has lost his, and my cousin doesn't possess one. My cousin (in his 40's) wanted to be removed from the Policy as he was buying a car. Esure said there would be a £26 admin fee, plus £26 additional premium required, and this… Read Full Review

Yvolodymyr's Response to Chrissy2456's Review

Written on: 01/06/2013

eSure and Esurance are two different companies are you people stupid or what

Read 1 Comment

“They don't listen, and attempt to renew without consent”

Written on: 21/03/2012

Despite instructing this company several times that I did not want to participate in their "automatic renewal" scheme, and not to accept my custom if that was a problem, it was like talking to a brick wall. They ignored my clear prior instructions, and attempted to force me to automatically renew anyway. Companies that operate in this way, and individuals who work for them, need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. They're every bit as bad as those fraudulent salespeople working… Read Full Review

Andypa38's Comment

Written on: 26/03/2012

I believe this company operates under a provocation of cancellation and profits from the fee's.  I have read 100,s of reviews.  Including from an 85 year old pensioner.  Their direct telephone number is (01454) 636 940.  I am working on all avenues, they stole £292 cancellation fee's for 3 weeks insurance because I was unaware that I had to declare non-fault accidents (not my fault liability taken 100% by other party) they put my insurance up by £511, provoking a cancellation therefore no need to insure but they have the value of the policy.   Provoked cancellations.

Andypa38's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2012

Subject: BBC1 - The Legalizer

Dear Andrew,

I am contacting you regarding ECar insurance. We are currently researching a piece on this for a new consumer affairs show we are producing for BBC1.

It would be great to be in touch with you. Do e-mail me: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Alexandra

Read 2 Comments

“good and prompt service”

Written on: 07/07/2011 by degbert (120 reviews written)

Having only recently changed to Esure, simply because I was changing my car and they were the best quote available, I wasn't really sure how they'd stack up. I found out quick soon after when I had to claim against a wing mirror smash, having collided with an on-coming white van in a narrow lane. Esure took the call, got enough (but not all) the details of the other driver, and from that point on just ran with it, keeping my informed via text every step of the way. OK I had an excess so I… Read Full Review

“Dont go near them”

Written on: 24/06/2011 by Skybolt (5 reviews written)

I am a Police trained advanced driver and qualified driving instructor with 9 years NCB on two cars. I took out insurance with these idiots who asked for proof of my NCB which I sent them. They then claimed they did not know my previous insurers so I referred them to LLOyds who the insurers are registered with. They still refused to honour this NCB even though they had written proof from them on headed paper. … Read Full Review

Andypa38's Response to Skybolt's Review

Written on: 26/03/2012

Chrissy2456's reply to Andypa38's Comment

Written on: 28/02/2013

Hi, I too am FED UP with ESure.

"ESure remind me of Ryanair - cheap but with 'hidden' extras"

I took out an esure policy at a competitive price for my little Ford KA last week - start date yesterday. For the first time ever (am over 50) was asked to send copies, of counterpart driving licence of all named drivers including myself. My son has lost his, and my cousin doesn't possess one. My cousin (in his 40's) wanted to be removed from the Policy as he was buying a car. Esure said there would be a £26 admin fee, plus £26 additional premium required, and this was BEFORE the policy had even started. I offered to send them a copy of the photo card of my son, but no, this was not acceptable. I therefore chose today, to cancel this policy. As a result, even though I am in the 14 day 'cooling off' period, and esure say on their website cancellation is £26 administration fee in this period, I have been charged DOUBLE. £26 for the administration fee, and another £26 for the 'Underwriters Fee'. I.E. OVER £50.
We need to get the word across to other unsuspecting people about these companies. You are totally at their mercy.

Phil46's Response to Skybolt's Review

Written on: 17/08/2015

me too!! they wont acknowledge my NCB has been recieved for swift cover!

Andypa38's Response to Skybolt's Review

Written on: 28/03/2012

Subject: BBC1 - The Legalizer

Dear Andrew,

It would be great to be in touch with you. Do e-mail me: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,