Pro Rider Mobility www.ProRiderMobility.com

Pro Rider Mobility www.ProRiderMobility.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pro Rider Mobility www.ProRiderMobility.com

“Pro Rider Magna Mountain Bike”

written by stokesy1982 on 06/09/2016

So I brought the Pro Rider Magna Men's Mountain Bike 9 months ago and from the moment I got it the bike had a rattling sound coming from the front handle bar area. I put up with it as I hardly used the bike... I have since started to use it more and left it outside work for 4 weeks and the stickers faded too a nice pink colour leaving one side red... I also went off a curb and the back wheel spokes broke causing the wheel to bow... I called Pro Rider and they said the 5 Star warranty does not cover any of my issues! Sorry I thought I brought a 'Mountain Bike' not a road bike. Surely coming off a curb should not destroy a wheel!! Also the sticker faded after only 4 weeks of the bike being left outside work, all other bikes stickers did not fade and they are years old!! Any way I then asked for a price of the back wheel and they had none in stock so I asked ok how much is it normally, lady then said she can't see anywhere on the system as they are looking for a new supplier. I said ok how much was the old cost. She then said all old costs got deleted. So I did not even get a price of a wheel! Basically this call was a waste of time and I now have an awful broken mountain bike! This has to be the worst £150 I have ever spent! I would not recommend this Company at all...Shame I had to give it 1 star! PS - I have also reviewed this Company on Trust Pilot to which I email the Company expecting them to try and resolve my complaint. But oh no I got a nice sarcastic reply. See below:- "Hi  Thanks for your email and feedback. Service Department"

“Pro rider 6ft access ramp”

written by Wstoddart on 06/03/2014

This fold-able ramp is great. It's really light so can be moved around easy and folds up compact so it's easy to store anywhere. It can be used to load my wife's scooter into the boot of the car and also to wheel her up the steps and into the house when she is in her wheelchair. It folds up easily by just releasing a few pins and unfolds just as easy. It feels sturdy to walk up unlike many other ramps that seem flimsy. Altogether I am very pleased with this product.

“Pro rider self propelling wheel chair”

written by Tadkin on 26/02/2014

I must say I am very impressed with the quality of this wheelchair from pro rider especially considering the price is so low! It was very easy to set up after a prompt arrival and very easy for my wife to get used to using it as the controls are very simple. It is comfortable for her to sit in, looks very smart and does the job it is meant to. Would definitely use this company time and time again.

“Golf trolley”

written by FredSieger on 20/02/2014

Me and my golfing companions bought 4 of these a year ago and they have been extremely good for us. Only one has had a problem, where the speed dial had come loose and just spun but prorider were extremely good about that and sent a free one out for the very next day free of charge. They all still run very nicely even though we use them 4 days a week charging them after every two full rounds. They fold up easily and are really light. I see there is now an lithium edition out now so I may invest in one of those which would be even lighter. All in all we have had a very good product and a very good service from pro rider and would recommend to everyone and anyone.

“Pro rider aliminium wheelchair”

written by on 16/02/2014

I'm not actually disabled I just find it difficult to walk long distances. I purchased the pro rider aluminum wheelchair as I don't use it that often I didn't think it was worth buying a scooter. Recently I have had to start relying on the chair more and more and it has been really good for me, I can take it down to the football club, into cafes and church etc. I've been using it often for a few months now and had no problems with it at all. It folds up easily and is light enough to get up and down the front steps of the house. They are a highly recommendable company.

“Pro rider e wayfer”

written by HarrisonF on 15/02/2014

My dad bought me on of these bikes for my birthday. I was extremely hesitant at first, it isn't the coolest looking bike and I had never owned a bike that can be controlled by pull and go before. Now I absolutely love it! It was so easy to get used to and the look grows on you too. It has a handy bag stand on the back with a clamp where I can attach my newspapers for my paper round. The battery seems to last forever between a charge, I do a paper round in a pretty large village 6 days a week and I only have to charge it once a week. All of my friends love it too. It goes a good speed and can go as slow or as quick as you like with the throttle. The silver one is the best looking color of the two and it looks pretty futuristic. It has built in bike lights that take away the hassle of replacing batteries and clipping lights wherever they fit. I am actually very proud to own my e wayfarer now :D

“Gym quality treadmill”

written by SamanthaDaviss on 11/02/2014

I have had my pro rider treadmill about a year now but only started using it last week for the first time in months. I had forgotten how great it actually is. It goes as quick as any runner would need it to go and goes to gradients that real hills would go to. If you're looking for an outdoor running experience on a treadmill, this is the closest you will get, the treadmill seems to have no limits. It has good speakers inbuilt if you prefer not to wear headphones and a drinks holder too. It is better than a lot of treadmills you find in premium gyms. All at such a low price for top quality.

“Artificial grass from pro rider”

written by on 02/02/2014

Recently had some artificial grass fitted that we bought from pro rider. It was easy to fit and is a good thickness and is the same colour as displayed on the website which is rare for artificial grass. Had samples from a few companies and chose this one over others because of its colour and quality. It looks good in my garden, almost like real grass and it's low maintenance too as it doesn't need mowing.

“Wow product with brilliant customer service!”

written by GPlatt on 30/01/2014

I went to the northampton showroom with my son earlier in the week to try out an electric wheelchair. The staff were very helpful and took care of me very well. They were nice and polite and answered all of my questions in full detail. I still couldn't decide if I wanted it or not and they let me try it out for about half an hour. I then went home to think about it and they were very understanding and didn't try and push the sale. I made up my mind in the end and ordered one two days ago and it's great. They really are a company that has high morality, I respect them a lot for that.

“elite mobility scooter”

written by sbryantman on 19/01/2014

Bought this for my mum recently and it's given her a whole new view on life. It gets people mobile that otherwise wouldnt be able to make it to the shops. It looks very smart in blue and has a handy shooping basket on the front and a horn to beep if pedestrians are in your way. It is good going up and down pavements and absorbs the bumps quite well so my mum isnt jostled about too badly. It is very easy to steer and breaks well as soon as you release the lever. The only thing that would make the scooter better would be if it had a wing mirror so my mum can see who shes getting in the way of! Great scooter, one happy customer.

“pro rider treadmill review”

written by CMoorley on 17/01/2014

To describe this machine in one word I would say: Quality! It is better quality than some of the treadmills I have used at commercial gyms. It goes to a higher speed than most home treadmills and a high gradient. It is great for the serious runner and for the runner just wanting to lose weight in the new year. It has a nice and clear display and is easy to control. The speed buttons are great if you want to skip up speeds and you can go up in small steps to get your speed just right. The timer is very nice and easy to read and the built in speakers are great.

“Good price for the quality of mobility scooter”

written by on 08/01/2014

My wife and I have been using mobility scooters for several years due to various ailments and joint issues. Over the years we have both used several types of scooter ranging from Pride to Shoprider. We always liked the Shoprider scooters more than Pride but both brands were very expensive in our local shops. A friend mentioned Pro Rider and explained they are made by the same factory as Shoprider. After plenty of research we opted for the Road King for me and the Elite scooter for my wife. We have been using both scooters on and off for a couple of years and we have been delighted with both. The Road King appears to have more power than the Shoprider Cordoba. The biggest thing for us was the price (less than a third compared to our older scooters) The warranty is very good on paper but thankfully we have not had need to use it yet. For us we like Shoprider and still recommend them but Pro Rider with the price we can not recommend high enough. It is pity other sellers do not follow their lead.

“DO NOT BUY fromProRiderMobility before reading this...”

written by mistercoolkat on 02/01/2014

My 89 year old father has had a Pride 8 mph scooter for some years which has been excellent in operation for him. However now he has stopped driving a car, he asked me to source a small 4 mph scooter suitable for taking onto a bus. In doing some research I came across ProRiderMobility .com. Their website says all the right things i.e. “as seen on BBC Top Gear”, “famous reputation by providing the highest level of customer service and after sales service in the land”, “priority to any sale is the peace of mind which the customer can have” and “5 star back up service and warranty second to none” so I decided to telephone them. Our experience did not live up to our expectations and fell way short of their advertising claims seen above! As there are size/specification restrictions for taking a scooter onto public transport, I telephoned Pro Rider and spoke to a person in Sales to get advice on a suitable model. I explained what was required and for what purpose and on her advice, I decided on the Pro Rider Elite Portable Scooter at £489.00 as she said it was certainly fit  for the  purpose required.  The scooter arrived at the beginning of November 2103 and when fully charged, my father took the scooter for a short test drive along the pavement in his cul-de-sac, and in so doing cross a small side road with drop kerbs. The scooter went down the first drop kerb but ground to a complete halt when trying to get up the opposite drop kerb. Now this is a perfectly normal low gradient (1:12) drop kerb but this scooter was unable to drive up it!! My father was then stuck on the scooter which was firmly wedged on the road having grounded itself on its two stabiliser wheels! Incidentally my father weighs 12 stone so not exactly heavy. My brother in law who lives nearby to my father also tried the same manoeuvre with the same outcome. However unlike my father, he was able to drag it back to mobilise it. Although I live 90 miles away from my father I felt duty bound to go to help him.  I then tried the same manoeuvre taking a faster run up but the same thing happened to me – firmly stuck with no ability to go back or forward!! In order to get it to move again, I had to get off it and drag it onto level ground and drive 25 yards back to his garage and park it up. We realised he would not be able to use it on public transport as he had wanted as he would never be able to get to the bus stop a half mile away.  My father agreed with me that the scooter be returned with an explanation as to why it was not fit for purpose and on 7th November emailed  ProRiderMobility doing that and requesting a  refund.  I then rang and spoke to another sales staff member, who said the scooter “should” be ok for the intended use. I said it was not and said we wanted to reject it as not fit for purpose and could they arrange to collect it. They told me that they would not collect it. I understand that this is in line with the distance selling regulations but said it would be really helpful if they could do this as my father is very old and physically incapable of re-packing it. I asked if the carrier they used to deliver it could be contacted to help and I was told no again. We would have to re-pack it and get it to them ourselves. I therefore packed it myself carefully and arranged for a courier at a cost to us of £85.00 to get it back them. A few days later ProRiderMobility wrote back to say they had received the scooter back in a dirty and damaged condition and parts were missing so they would take £100 off! I accidentally forgot to pack the ill fitting basket that fell off while we were testing it but thought this would only be about £10 and expected that amount to be deducted from the refund.  I then rang their General Manager. He stated that the damage was sufficient that they would take £100 off the price paid. I asked for photos because I knew the scooter was re-packaged clean and had only been ridden for 100 yards or so. The photos he sent were not very good but showed a couple of scuff marks – it really did not seem like £100 worth of damage!! On 11th December 2013 my father finally got a partial refund of £389.00. So we ended up with a lot of aggravation, wasted hours of our time which we paid £185 for!!! ....and still had no scooter. My father decided to write off the money as he was not prepared to go through the bother of litigation. I decided to write a online review of our experience which I duly did over the Christmas break. We both feel extremely let down by this experience with ProRiderMobility. My advice is to read reviews before deciding what and who to buy from. Perhaps a better option when buying a mobility scooter is to go to a local retailer rather than buying something untried online. You should then be able to test drive and make a satisfactory purchase. This is what we ended up doing and my father is delighted with the small Shoprider Monaco scooter bought from the well stocked retailer ‘The Mobility Shop’ in West Moors, Ferndown, Dorset. This scooter performs really well and he has now made his first trip taking it on the bus with ease. I expected my review to end on this more positive note but I’m sorry to say it does not!! Having posted my review at the beginning of January 2014, my father received a telephone call out of the blue from the General Manager at ProRiderMobility. He claimed that the review was libellous and said they were considering legal action!!  My father told him that the review could not be libellous as it was the truth. A little while later he rang my father again to say that he had now spoken to his staff and he now had a truthful understanding of the situation. (Did that mean the scooter we had returned was not even the dirty, damaged one they had previously referred to?!)  They were now prepared to offer my father £200. My father told him he was happy with that. However they would only do this on the condition that I remove the review I had posted and ceased to post any further. The GM wanted to speak to me which we did the next day. He agreed with me that my review was not made in haste and was thought through well but reiterated the conditional offer. I explained why I felt that they should compensate  for the  consequential loss of expenses and  the 180 mile round trip to sort this out. I said an additional £100 would suffice but he balked at this somewhat.  As it was not his decision he said he would get back to me. But he never did!  Some days later my father received two emails a few days apart from the Managing Director of ProRiderMobility  littered with inaccurate statements but saying that as communication had broken down they were taking legal proceedings and considering contacting the Police as well!!!!  I decided enough was enough and wrote to the MD of ProRiderMobility as this was a complete nonsense and I did not take kindly to this. I spelt out all the inaccuracies in his ridiculous email. In return I got an email back spouting more rubbish but  the threats had now got serious. He was now accusing me of blackmail and threatening to sue for “substantial damages” as I had not removed my review!!!  Some 3 weeks later, and I have not heard a thing from them, their solicitors or the Police. I have heard from another customer who received the same threats after posting their review and he resorted to getting Trading Standards involved. To say all of this has vexed me would be an understatement!  I have no intention of being bullied into removing my review as it is 100% accurate and serves to expose ProRiderMobility for the deplorable way my father and I have been treated. This is exactly why the review will remain live.

Paul1001's Response to mistercoolkat's Review

Written on: 26/03/2014

At last a review I believe is honest - thanks!

Stuart_R's Response to mistercoolkat's Review

Written on: 01/08/2014

I'm really sorry to hear this. I really wish I'd read your review before my wife handed over £550 to them! This chap doesn't seem to understand that a comment is only libellous if it is untrue! Luckily I have the threatening email from him still as proof!

Mistercoolkat's reply to Stuart_R's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2014

Sorry to hear your wife has suffered at the hands of this man (batty as a fruit cake) - he is an unintelligent bully with not a clue on how to treat his customers or how the law works. Most of the postings you will read that sing Pro Rider's praises are in my opinion fictitious having been written by him/his staff - the reason I think this is that a lot are badly written and are from 'people' who have only posted 1 review - I smell a big rat!
You should report them to their local Trading Standards officer - the more unhappy people that do will give Trading Standards more ammunition to bring them to order.

“Lithium battery trolleys”

written by MrGLouis on 08/12/2013

I have recently bought a golf trolley from pro rider mobility as they have many good reviews and seemed very trustworthy to me. They are a great priced company and provided great professional service for me, from the moment they picked up the phone to take my order to delivering my trolley and further still. The trolley is rather smart in appearance and the battery is very light and therefore the trolley is very easy to transport and set up. Definitely a very recommendable business.

“UNBEATABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!”

written by barryRR on 08/11/2013

I'm out of warranty on my e wayfarer and recently got a bad puncture. I rang pro rider to ask them what kind of inner tube i needed to repair the bike and if i could purchase one from them. To my delight they asked me to just bring in the bike and they would repair it and even give it a service whilst it was there, all free of charge! I would definitely reccommend this company to anybody. It's fabulous :D

Patjsy's Response to barryRR's Review

Written on: 17/11/2013

I bought a pro rider road king that was second hand but still new in its box, after about 4 weeks of using it I was going down a hill the motor started making a strange noise,and to my complete shock I found I no longer had any control over the speed or the brakes, the scooter was picking up speed and I couldn't slow it down and still it was getting faster and faster, of course I was in complete and utter shock I tried the speed dial and turned it down,nothing I tried the switch that would normally slow it down to 4 MPH, nothing, still getting faster and faster I then turned the key to the off position, the brakes came on so sharp I was thrown off the scooter and ended up hitting a wall, causing cut and grazing, when I phoned pro rider they didn't want to know, the motor had burnt out causing it to loose control, I phone pro line again to see if they would offer any discount off the price of a new motor, they were so unhelpful I couldn't believe it, I am thinking of contacting one of those accident lawyers as I had a bruise on my back where I hit the wall the bruise was about the size of a football and over the course of a week got larger and ended up being about 18 inches x 12 inches, I was totally shocked that they would offer no help or even advise, I have not finished with them yet,, if anyone is thinking of buying one I really would advise against it for your own safety, PRO RIDER we need to talk

“Simply the best!”

written by juandavis on 05/11/2013

I bought a prorider easyfold scooter the other week. It arrived promptly and was very light and very easy to set up, even for me with my bad back! It folds up nice and compact, small enough to fit in the cupboard under the stairs and it is perfect for going out and about in the village. The customer service was the best I've ever recieved and its at a great price. Couldnt ask for better!

Julieupfield's Response to juandavis's Review

Written on: 26/01/2014

Thanks for the review. I need a scooter that I can get on and off a bus easily. On their website it says that you can pull it behind you like a wheeled trolley. The one piece fold seems perfect for this, I cant find many people who have one off these that have posted on the net. Do you think that bus travel is an option for this scooter ? Its ok for people with cars but I travel everywhere by public transport and currently use a walker but need a bit more help. I would be grateful for your opinion. Thank you. Julie

“Life changing purchase”

written by on 26/10/2013

I was depressed and very limited due to Arthritis. I purchased a Road King Scooter because of the Top Gear experience. I never thought that it would change my life quite so much. It took a mere two days for it to be delivered, it looked very smart and easy to operate. From the first moment I got on it, my life has been improved 100%. I am no longer depressed because I am not housebound. It has the necessary road clearance for me to take it anywhere on my property. Whereas before it was so painful for me to limp round changing bird feeders, going to see the horses, collect browse for the goats if I could manage that at all. Now I can go anywhere I want to go. I take my Labrador on it as she has a gammy leg and I hold her with my legs for security so it has improved her life too because she can get around with me. I cannot express how pleased I am with the scooter, with the price, the quick delivery and the speed! It can be loaded into the van so I can visit places too, and it is covered by my household insurance for liability and theft. I have no need to use it on the road because I have a Smart car, but would be happy to use it that way if it was necessary. I did not realise that the purchase of one item could improve my life so much and in such a short time. Arthritis is terrible in itself, but coupled with depression because of being housebound/limited in mobility, it was ruining my life. Now I have the scooter, I can feel happy again. And the price was really amazing compared to others. This was a win win purchase.

“pro rider E wayfarer review”

written by on 24/10/2013

I bought an E wayfarer electric bike from pro ride mobility in August and I am delighted with it it performs exactly as stated if not better, I use it at every opportunity and would recommend one to anyone who wants the fresh air and freedom of cycling without the exertion. an excellent product and excellent service.

“E TOURER BIKE”

written by BrendonC on 22/10/2013

Really pleased with my purchase and the help of the assistant at the Leicester branch was excellent

“Pro Rider Wheelchair”

written by Cribbage1 on 14/10/2013

Pro Rider Mobilty, Thank You! I just bought this as I am having problems walking distances, it is only needed for holidays etc. I chose this one after reading lots of reviews on others and the fact that it is lightweight which is perfect for me. I found it easy to put up practically one finger movement. It is comfortable to sit in not hard as it has a padded seat. I like the fact it has a pocket on the back to put items in, it also has a universal spanner to make sure you check all the bolts regular and tighten if necessary, this has pride of place in the pocket of my wheelchair. I found it easy to manoeuvre around my living room, it felt as if I was floating. The grip around the wheel to self propel is great it has such a defined way for you to be able to rest your hands and find they mould so well that you don't realise you are actually using it. I am glad that I have this as my husband and I go away every year and find it impossible to go on trips with all the other guests as I have been unable to walk the distance. But this year I am hoping that I will be able to do all that everyone else can. I am able to walk short distances but this is going to give me a new outlook on life. The price is a blown out £85 with Free P+P + 12 months Warranty You will be amazed.

Asked by dougnic on 18th May 2015 Report this content
What kind of batteries does the Pro Rider Mobility require?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site

Asked by djrkh19 on 16th December 2014 Report this content
Where can I buy a Pro Rider road king mobility scooter manual?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site