Olympus C-220 Zoom Reviews

• Battery Life

Olympus C-220 Zoom - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Olympus C-220 Zoom

Olympus C-220 Zoom

“Overall the Olympus C-220 Zoom is a great little unit,...”

Written on: 25/07/2004 by hymie (1 review written)

Overall the Olympus C-220 Zoom is a great little unit, my only complaint is that the lens mechanism is easy to break if you inadvertantly close the lens cover before the lens is fully retracted… Read Full Review

“I have had the Olympus C-220 Zoom camera for nearly...”

Written on: 03/07/2004 by george beaty (2 reviews written)

I have had the Olympus C-220 Zoom camera for nearly two years now and have no complaints other than the slow flash recycling rate. But as the camera was bought specifically for taking pictures including close-ups for selling items on E-Bay, I have only praise for it. All my pictures are taken out of full sun as I do not want severe contrast or shadows interfering with the detail required for selling on auctions. I always use a small sturdy tripod to minimise camera shake and the results at… Read Full Review

“This Olympus C-220 Zoom is an ideal first digital...”

Written on: 27/06/2004 by lizt84 (1 review written)

This Olympus C-220 Zoom is an ideal first digital camera, it does everything you would want it to do and more! Takes great pictures, has 3X optical zoom, and even more digital zoom! The viewfinder is clear and you can see in detail what your photos are going to look like. Its about the size of a normal camera, and feels like a quality item. The camedia software is nice, quick and easy with enough editing features to improve shots. The batteries are used up that fast, the alkalines lasted me… Read Full Review

“I find that my Olympus C-220 Zoom digital camera works...”

Written on: 05/06/2004 by allassio (1 review written)

I find that my Olympus C-220 Zoom digital camera works perfectly, the image quality set on high will end up giving you a picture 22 x 16 inches if wanted! Flash pictures can be a little less vibrant and if I get a weak picture it probably means I was too far away when trying to use the flash. It only takes a few minutes to correct if you know what you're doing with Photoshop or similar but poor pictures have been few.
Batteries, well, if you use alkaline's you're asking for trouble. The company… Read Full Review

“The Olympus C-220 Zoom Digital camera looked good to...”

Written on: 24/04/2004 by pezti (1 review written)

The Olympus C-220 Zoom Digital camera looked good to begin with, all the pictures I took looked fine, but then again all of those pictures were taken outdoors when it was bright out. When the camera is used indoors the quality is not so good and if I have to use the flash then things get very bad. The flash takes so long to recycle that I can only take about one picture in a minute. In all I would have to say that I am VERY disappointed in this camera and I am looking for a new one and you can… Read Full Review

“I do not recommend this Olympus C-220 Zoom Digital...”

Written on: 20/04/2004 by marianpelmore (1 review written)

I do not recommend this Olympus C-220 Zoom Digital camera, the battery doesn't last long at all even when buying the recommended CR-V3 lithium battery, you have to wait ages between taking each photo as the flash needs time to recycle… Read Full Review

“overall the Olympus C-220 Zoom is a great camera...”

Written on: 19/12/2003 by Paul Barraclough (1 review written)

overall the Olympus C-220 Zoom is a great camera compared to precious camera. for the price i found it to be excellent quality. and provides great films in a range of lights… Read Full Review

“Having had previous experience of the Fuji Finepix...”

Written on: 21/11/2003 by ajmorning (1 review written)

Having had previous experience of the Fuji Finepix zoom I find there are many advantages with this camera. It fits in the pocket much better and the controls are much more easily accessed. Much easier to get the correct flash setting, macro setting and self-timer.
Picture quality is excellent and colours very accurately reproduced.
I was warned of high battery consumption when I purchased it but to the contrary I have found the batteries last well. This may be due to the picture just taken not… Read Full Review

“I have found that the C220 is only good in very bright...”

Written on: 25/04/2003 by Deryck Dominoes. (1 review written)

I have found that the C220 is only good in very bright conditions, otherwise the images appear under-exposed. This is made worse by the under-powered flash, which is also slow to recycle. This seems to be a compromise to prolong battery life, which is good when using 1700 mAh NiMh rechargeables (the camera takes just two). You can also turn the LCD off completely or to come on for a few seconds after taking a picture which also eases the drain on the cells.
The finish of the plastic casing is… Read Full Review

“I've used others and didnt use many of the functions...”

Written on: 08/04/2003 by stu. (1 review written)

I've used others and didnt use many of the functions that they had. This one has everything I need and a few pleasant surprises (toys) boot. Not sure about batteries yet think I might get the AC adapter. TV adapter is cool. I like the picture quality. Even on medius res it looks great on the monitor. Overall I'm fairly stoked. not sure if this is normal but the objects in motion shots are not very clear… Read Full Review

104969_Rb.'s Response to 87089_stu.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2003

I have had one of these cameras for a while and it does the job. I have put a set of Nickel metal hydride rechargeable batteries in it. Although they are not cheap and need their own charger, they do last a lot longer than normal batteries. Worth buying a set

Read 1 Comment

“I use one for research purposes and it positively...”

Written on: 27/02/2003 by Dean. (1 review written)

I use one for research purposes and it positively devours batteries. I'm lucky to get 30 shots out of a new set of good quality alkaline batteries. I am not impressed.....
That and the fact that the clock resets itself whenever the batteries die is not a good selling point. Olympus may be good at optics and build quality, but their electronics are very poor… Read Full Review

Jim Mcquillan.'s Response to 76057_Dean.'s Review

Written on: 01/04/2003

I agree with what you say and also find the camera very poor in low light conditions. The flash is worse than useless and will not illuminate anything over 4 feet. I find the closer you are to your subject, the sharper the picture are. I can only get decent pictures when the light outside is bright. Not a patch on my previous camera, the Olympus 860L. Jim

Hepburnspa's Response to 76057_Dean.'s Review

Written on: 08/05/2004

I use the camera for research and I too find that the camera positively eats battery power. There are few outlets that stock the higer MB memory card and it was difficult to locate one. The price of the same was too high considering the age of digital now.
<br>I also found that its focusing ability on zoom is poor and that images arent clear and are very distorted. Great idea for a value for money product but it could have been more effective at doing its job, even with the price in mind.

Read 2 Comments

“This is a traditional looking film camera which I...”

Written on: 24/12/2002 by steveP. (1 review written)

This is a traditional looking film camera which I quite like, less of a lure for theft when travelling I think. The cameras is operated by pulling back the lens cover which also activates the lense. The LCD screen is switched on and off seperately. The switches operating the cameras function are quite well placed, moderately positive in action and not easily operated by accident which is good. The menu functions are easy to use and a quick read through the adequate manual and the camera holds… Read Full Review

Simon T.'s Response to 60033_steveP.'s Review

Written on: 02/01/2003

Good review, i am thinking about getting one of these soon. I hope in the last sentence you meant immortalise!

94691_Conkers.'s Response to 60033_steveP.'s Review

Written on: 04/05/2003

Recently recieved a C220 as a present and I agree with the comments made. Other reviewers have mentioned that the camera has heavy battery use, but I recently bought the charger and rechargables and it makes an enormous difference. The flimsy camera body which is easily marked is the only downside.

83735_Jette.'s Response to 60033_steveP.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2003

I agree!

Read 3 Comments

“This is Olympus C220 zoom is a super digital camera...”

Written on: 10/10/2002 by kidsilver. (1 review written)

This is Olympus C220 zoom is a super digital camera which gives quality results in a simple understated way. Easy to pop in your pocket and carry everywhere - you need never miss a moment again. I am fairly new to digital cameras having an addiction to film and the quality that comes with it. This little camera has opened my eyes to the possibilities and new fun that digital can bring to picture making. Buy it and enjoy using it… Read Full Review

43994_John B.'s Response to kidsilver.'s Review

Written on: 15/10/2002

Great little camera, easy to use (needs to be for me)PERFECT results.

Read 1 Comment

“I bought this Olympus C220 digital camera a couple of...”

Written on: 23/08/2002 by DigitalWaterfalls. (1 review written)

I bought this Olympus C220 digital camera a couple of months ago and have taken it on holiday and to a variety of venues (concerts, outdoors, night time). I've found that the colour range when in bright sunny weather is excellent but degrades more than I would like (by about 10%) when the light level is not quite as good, hence colours aren't as bright as I would like in comparison to the Epson PC600 I'm used to.

The range of features I'm still exploring but the menu system is easy to… Read Full Review

46903_Billy.'s Response to DigitalWaterfalls.'s Review

Written on: 29/10/2002

You don't need to retract the lens to view the pictures - double click the screen button while the lens cap is open and you get the same functionality.

79244_Pa28.'s Response to DigitalWaterfalls.'s Review

Written on: 11/03/2003

Downloading photos to your computer direct from the camera will eat batteries. Invest £20 in a smartmedia card reader which is powered from your PC. Faster and more convenient and your batteries will last a lot longer. I get at least 50 shots from a pair of AA NMh's. My only complaints with this camera at the moment are the time it takes to recharge the flash and the fact that the time and date settings seem to get lost rather more frequently than I'd like. Otherwise great results from a genuinely pocketable camera.

72866_Saz.'s Response to DigitalWaterfalls.'s Review

Written on: 14/02/2003

When I bought the C220 Zoom Olympus camera I was also warned by the shop assistant at how quickly it would eat the batteries. But so far I have been pleasantly surprised. I have taken over 30 pictures now at High quality and downloaded all of them to my PC. I have also messed about with the zoom and other functions to get myself familiar with the camera but so far the batteries have shown no sign of wasting. I bought a set of rechargeable batteries when I got the camera as it only came with two very cheap looking AA batteries but so far I have not had to replace the batteries.
Overall very pleased with the camera, good value for money compared to some other digital cameras. Although I agree that olympus were a bit stingy with the 8mb card.

Read 3 Comments

“A good quality digital camera that delivers quality...”

Written on: 09/08/2002 by Navrig. (1 review written)

A good quality digital camera that delivers quality images with flexibility. The Olympus LUX pack is good value with an extra 64Mb card, case, batteries and charger… Read Full Review

Dontasciime.'s Response to 32464_Navrig.'s Review

Written on: 29/11/2002

How can you give overall 5/10 when you score the rest of the criteria 8/10 etc

Navrig.'s Response to 32464_Navrig.'s Review

Written on: 02/05/2003

1. Not sure what happened on the last rating. Overall I would have scored the camera 8/10. Now I have had it for 6 months I would still rate it very highly.
<br>
<br>2. I am not from Girvan.

93931_Jakey.'s Response to 32464_Navrig.'s Review

Written on: 01/05/2003

Where abouts in Girvan are you from?