Slater Hogg & Howison www.slaterhogg.co.uk

1.5

Slater Hogg & Howison www.slaterhogg.co.uk - Ask a question now

“Over the moon”

written by Murphyk on 01/09/2023

From start to finished all staff at 123 candleriggs merchant city Glasgow shop have been so professional knowledge of the market from advertising to viewings cant thank then enough would definitely recommend take all the stress out of your hands found each and everyone of the staff politeand helpful thank you

“Worst Estate Agents for us”

written by on 21/12/2022

This is one of the worst estate agents that we have dealt with. BE WARNED! Please watch the words on the contract - and think before you sign - place performance clauses even if you are a risk taker. We put our house on sale, and then found the performance of the agents were poor. They pushed us to sell our house at £35,000 (15%) below the market value during a good market. They kept us hanging for months whereas houses would sell in 2 weeks in our estate. We changed from Slater Hogg and Howison to a new agent. Within a week our house was sold a a little above the market value. We had to fight back through the Property Ombudsman to win back a compensation. However it took a long time for us to get this through and we lost the premium that we could have received when the housing market was better during the summer months. We would never recommend Slater Hogg & Howison to anyone because we feel they were sending some fake customers, trying to work against the our (sellers) benefit, very awkward behaviours except for 1 individual in the office, threatening attitude to name a few significant ones. It was only in the aftermath we realised that a number of our people had similar experiences due to which they have chucked out Slater Hogg and Howison from their list of potential estate agents, and thus their parent company Countrywide PLC, who are even worse when issues are escalated.

“Simply the Best”

written by taylori on 24/01/2022

I recently had to sell the home of my best friend who had passed away as a result of a long and soul sapping terminal illness. Feeling browbeaten and tired I carefully shopped around for an estate agent who would take away the stress of selling her home, the last thing I needed was hassle, confusing terminology and to be left floundering feeling unsupported. I knew instantly as soon as I called SH&H Falkirk and spoke with the lovely lady who took my call that I was in safe hands. She seemed to sense what was required and tailormade her approach. She kept in regular touch and guided me through the valuation, marketing, viewing and kept me informed and feeling supported right up until the property sale conclusion. SH&H provide a first class service, the customer care is superb and at at a very reasonable cost. I give them 10 out of 10. Thank you.

“Simply the best”

written by Burtonport on 01/07/2021

Slater Hogg and Howison Bishopbriggs, cant thank this team enough, from the first time I called them they are such professionals, made the whole process so easy for me, from the valuation to the pictures taken then the viewings they did it all, the advice I received on how to present the property for viewing was especially invaluable,I was astounded how quickly the property sold all thanks to this wonderful team, I have no hesitation in recommending there services and would certainly use them again an outstanding team so many thanks.

“Outstanding Service From Every Member Of Staff”

written by Lynne5767 on 06/07/2020

We can't recommend Slater Hogg in Bishopbriggs enough. From our initial call to arrange a house valuation to our house actually selling, everyone involved worked very professionally and the communication was excellent from the whole team. We originally asked 4 Estate Agencies out to assess the house, but liked the staff at Slater Hogg's friendliness and honest opinion. The effort made to market our property was exceptional and we were delighted and astounded with how hard everyone worked at getting so many viewers through our door, and it going to a closing date 2 weeks later. The whole experience was stress- free even when, although the house was sold in February, the whole country went into lockdown and we didn't settle the house sale until 3rd July!! Thanks to their ultra efficiency and approachability, we didn't worry too much - every single staff member is an absolute credit to the company! We are moving to arran so may not need to use an estate agent again but if we do, it will be Slater Hogg. Thank you so much!

“Avoid!. One phone call said it all.... ”

written by vzJones132 on 15/04/2019

We decided to research this agency after a call with a very dodgy and unprofessional receptionist. The sort of person who should have zero client facing responsibilities. After reading the reviews, I am not the least bit surprised the agency has such a bad reputation. Thank you for the heads up. I hope the folks stuck with these guys sue. A big thank you to the person I spoke with on the phone. You must hate your job. Great work representing your employer in the correct light. Bravo! LOL!!

“Continuous Service ”

written by ShannonCara on 27/01/2019

My Husband and I have used Slater Hogg in Hamilton since 1987 Our preferred agency we have used them 7 times Industry qualified staff delivering the highest level of knowledge & expertise a brilliant team We would not hesitate to recommend this branch to family & friends

“Brilliant experience”

written by Guest098765 on 25/01/2019

The ladies who have dealt with my home search have been fantastic especially the ones who kept my husband and I informed on homes available of the type we were looking for.They have been very professional and the services provided assisting with the home search have found us a beautiful property which we are now in the process of buying.

“Absolutely Shocking ”

written by TheSteeles on 23/01/2019

We used the Slater, Hogg and Howison in East Kilbride... Words cannot express how utterly disgusted and disappointed myself and my husband are with SHH in East Kilbride. We signed for the keys to our new property on Sat 19th Jan 2019, and went to visit our new home the very same day to take measurements for furniture etc. Upon investigation, we discovered that the Gas and Electricity was not done through billing the property, but that there were top up meters. When I initially viewed the flat, I was told by the estate agent that showed me and my Grandfather round, that the Gas and electric were paid in the way of bills. When my husband and I inspected both the meters to see how much money was on them, and whether there was any debt (so we could raise thus), we then discovered that the Gas meter was not working. I phoned the electric company that was on the Gas top up card, only to be told that they did not supply the property. I then spoke the landlord directly to ask him, and he was gobsmacked that it wasn't the supplier that was on the top up card, as no one had authorized a change in supplier. He then found out after numerous phone calls to energy suppliers that the account was with Spark Energy, but that he couldn't discuss the account as he was not the named account holder!!! (FYI - my landlord has been great, and has tried to do as much as he can to resolve the situation) It transpires that SHH had changed the supplier to Spark Energy (They must be getting some sort of reward for referring properties to them!) without authorisation from the Landlord. I phoned SHH to get them to sort this out. The next day, I was phoned by a lady at SHH and told that she had set up an account with Scottish Power in my name, (which I had NOT given my consent for her to do, so SHH have breached GDPR by using my details) so that I could sort out an engineer to come out to fix the Gas meter... So I tried to call Scottish Power who couldn't send an engineer out as Spark Energy still have the account and they don't take over until 6th Feb, but Spark Energy say the opposite, and in any case won't speak to me as I'm not the account holder! I then call SHH again, and get the person I dealt with - very abrupt on the phone - and incidently didn't apologize over misleading us in regards to the bills/meters in the first place, who then passes me to a woman who then tells me that it's not their responsibility to sort this out!!! I escalated this to the manager who said it wasn't their responsibility to sort this out, that I would need to do so! I have contacted the energy ombudsmen who have now informed me that Spark Energy went bust in Nov!!!!!! SHH caused this whole problem, and have taken no responsibility whatsoever, and seem totally unfazed that I am a disabled pregnant woman with no heating supply to my property in minus temperatures, never mind the fact that I have spent the best part of the last 48hours on the phone to my landlord, SHH and two energy suppliers at my expense! Absolutely Shocking! Do not go with SHH, there are far better more helpful estate agents out there - anything would be better than this lot!

“Absolutely useless!”

written by Imjustlivid on 30/04/2018

SHH were instructed to sell my brother’s flat. After hearing nothing for a whole MONTH, I checked their website only to find the flat was not advertised, no for sale sign erected - in fact NOTHING had been done. On complaining about this I was fobbed off by everyone at SHH and they even had the audacity to claim it was mine and my brother’s fault. They also lost the garage key (claimed they hadn’t been given it, can you believe??!!). I am disgusted with their non existent service and couldn’t give a damn attitude. If you’re selling your property I would definitely recommend that you GO ELSEWHERE!

“Terrible company”

written by sterling01 on 04/03/2018

Paisley branch. I have never dealt with such a bunch of patronising, unprofessional, incompetent people in all my life. Their ineptitude led me to losing a house sale as they had not qualified the potential buyers properly to find out they did not have any mortgage in place or any way of getting a mortgage. It took an additional 4 months to sell my house costing me thousands of pounds in additional cost, lawyers fees, mortgage payments etc. Completely useless incompetent company.

“Worst experience with any agency by far”

written by Michelle93xo on 15/08/2017

We have been left extremely stressed and disappointed by the service provided by Slater Hogg. We first took tenancy in a Slater Hogg property in January 2017, a £600pcm 1 bedroom flat in Glasgow City Centre. On viewing the property it did appear to have a decent level of cleanliness and no apparent issues. However, when we moved into the property and moved some of the furnishings we were horrified to observe the level of filth behind tables etc. We moved the couch and there were dozens of unused sanitary products dumped behind it which we had to clean up. Further to this, we only had one working fob for the secure entry buzzer system and the microwave didn't work at all. The bed was wooden and completely covered in loose staples which resulted in us being scratched several times when getting in/out of bed. We raised all of these issues with the agency who failed to respond to our emails or sort the issues until 5 months into our tenancy when they finally said we could replace the microwave and get a fob. On moving into the property we also noticed a damp smell however believed that the property just needed aired as it had been vacant for a short while. However, we then discovered large amounts of mould behind the bedroom wardrobe which later spread along the bedroom wall. We raised this issue with the agency on April 1st 2017, we are still waiting for this to be fully resolved. All of our clothes smell of dampness and mould and our health has been affected to the point we have both had to attend at the GP on several occasions. Despite this, we had to involve environmental health and take tribunal proceedings before the agency would carry out the work. Throughout our tenancy the agency have only ever been bothered about the finances of the flat, the level of customer service from advisors and managers is utterly appalling and their desire to help their tenants is non-existent. We have never been with an agency that is so unprofessional and unorganised. We ended up taking the agency and landlord to tribunal because of the reluctance to carry out repairs, the result of which was the landlord received an enforcement order to carry out the repairs. However, throughout the tribunal the agency remained adamant that the landlord wasn't at fault and was more than happy to carry out repairs which did had not been carried out at the end of our tenancy. We would never advise anyone to take up tenancy or get involved with this agency as it will only result in stress and disappointment.

“such a terrible company...”

written by Trevino33 on 16/01/2017

such a terrible company, with no morals, employing rude and incompetent staff

“Potential sellers please read this review ”

written by Glendawilson on 23/06/2016

I wish I had done my research before selecting slater Hogg to sell my property. After paying hefty fees to list my property. For the 6 months it was in the market. They did nothing to sell my property. As I wasn't in the country. I heard a few months on, that they hadn't even put any signs up, hadn't been following up calls etc. After 6 months of this I removed my property from the market with them Even now they are still sending me bills for apparent services relating to their non sale of my property. Please please. People do your homework. Trust me you do not want to use this company. Honest review.

“Worst service EVER”

written by GuillermoCasey on 17/04/2016

Two weeks till I sign my lease for rented accommodation and they phone to say the landlord won't accept pets! This was the first thing I told them over a month ago and got told yeh it's fine this landlord accepts pets! So now instead of moving in 2 weeks time I'm in the process of being homeless instead.... Only reason I gave them a one star was because I had to! The service I have received has been shocking

“The worst ever!!”

written by 145McMillan on 25/03/2016

this is the worst estate agent i have ever come across. lazy bunch of staff they have. they never call back. i was going to rent a flat with them. i called them on seeing the house advertised, almost as soon as possible i called them to signify my interest to arrange a viewing. For two weeks they didn't get back to me. i called after that to know if they had made any progress in getting the keys from the agent (as they said).. what they told me made me soooo mad. they told me, they can put me on the waiting list, that there are other people who are interested in viewing. this is despicable! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!

“An incompetent Estate Agent. Beware. ”

written by Perezmg219 on 02/02/2016

I have been looking for a property for around a year now. During this time I have liaised with a number of Agents in the Glasgow area. No Agent has been so consistently poor at everything they did for me. Each time I needed to get in touch with them about a property that they were in charge of selling they would continually forget to call me back, confuse properties, take me to view the wrong property, forgot to arrange appointments with owners, reps would arrive late at properties, the reps had very little knowledge about their business and seemed to not care showing a property, the list goes on. From what ever aspect I consider this agency they are simply unprofessional, incompetent and undependable. I really don't understand why house owners trust this agent to sell their property, I certainly would not.

“Unhelpful Staff”

written by SullivanRamirez385 on 02/10/2015

I am looking to buy in Glasgow city centre and asked for the home report for 2 properties. After waiting around 6 days I wrote an email asking again and recieved nothing! I would never use this company to sell anything! I also asked for a floor plan of another property and was told to look on the web site which of course I had done already. Very unfriendly and unhelpful company!

“An inquiry should take place.......”

written by ConnerMedeiros on 26/06/2015

I used SHH for the second time in 15 years and more fool me!! As with all of the other reviews in here I too can vouch for their totally unprofessional, lack luster and careless attitudes. I thought that perhaps it might have been down to a bad experience from existing staff years before but no, there is something obviously more sinister and illegal(?) underfoot at SHH as a whole! I had viewers on arrival who never received schedules despite them requesting one and people who could not afford my property. One viewer had said that they had been advised by the branch that I would accept offers when in fact I had made it perfectly clear that I would accept nothing less than the offers over price. I ended up arguing with one of the staff members who said that I was asking too much for my house and that it was not worth what I was wanting. I'm not going to go into the long story about them using incorrect floor plans, the wrong postcode, falsely misleading buyers, pressuring me to accept lower offers and the final battle between them, me and the Property Ombudsman. In the end I got what I always knew I would get for my property (and more) but certainly not due to the people who work for SHH. I'd like to use stronger words to advertise by total disgust with their inept staff but I'm sure you get the point. I'm happy to see that their are many other people who have the same problem as me because it means that the problem does indeed lie with them and not myself.

“Do not waste your money”

written by 475Cross on 15/05/2015

I will make this short and sweet - do not waste your money. All they do is put property on their website, a couple of ads in the local press, reduce the cost of your property and charge you a fortune for it.