Leger Holidays Reviews

Summary

Leger Holidays offer coach, rail, air and cruising holidays, to such places as Disneyland Paris, Battlefield Tours and Xmas market breaks.
Leger Holidays - Ask a question now

“Awful Leger Shearing Break”

Written on: 21/12/2021 by Esmeraldad105 (1 review written)

My daughter & I visited St Mawes on a short break in October '21. Having used Shearings for many years will never travel with them again. Requests had not been met by hotel but they did move our room. Food at hotel was awful, driver gave little or no information and was very unprofessional. Full complaint sent to Leger/Shearings and basically received a whitewash of an apology. Avoid this Company if you want a decent holiday. St Mawes was beautiful but that is the only positive we can give… Read Full Review

“The silver service which was not”

Written on: 20/08/2021 by 263Atkinson (1 review written)

Just returned on a silver service coach holiday to Torquay at the Torbay hotel August 2021 which was not as booked When booking no mention of a feeder coach being used Nospaciouslouge No sat nav viewing put on by driver No temperature check before boarding for corona virus No free personal headphones as advertised No luggage handling service to or from hotel as advertised No help for my disabled wife getting from bottom step of coach by driver No information at all from driver over both… Read Full Review

“Leger Holidays - Cancel Tour by Company & Do Not Refund ”

Written on: 24/03/2020 by hengyhk (1 review written)

Very untrustworthy company. On website says abide and member of ABTA. Says if tour cancel by company full refund is made. Be careful with this company. they cancel tour and do not offer refund and coerce customers to rebook… Read Full Review

Helene123's Response to hengyhk's Review

Written on: 30/05/2020

I had exactly the same experience with Gold Crest. Millions of people must be waiting for refunds. It is predicted by journalists that most British travel companies will face bankruptcy this year.

Read 1 Comment

“Christmas in Austria and new year Rhine Cruise”

Written on: 14/01/2020 by LynandIan (1 review written)

Paid extra for seats that were recommended to us by leger staff as having excellent views (definitely not the case).Our feeder coach was lovely the drivers were friendly looked very smart and were very attentive, when we transferred to our main coach we were so disappointed it smelt of stale tobacco, not surprising as the drivers were heavy smokers, every stop they smoked whole leaving the doors open while we froze. The drivers were not in xmas jumpers or uniforms they looked very casual (to… Read Full Review

“A company that takes pleasure in harassing customers”

Written on: 21/11/2019 by 371Slattery (1 review written)

I booked a coach holiday to Europe with this ghastly company in January 2019 but for medical reasons knew I would be unable to go on the 30th September date. When I discovered this I informed Leger by letter on 4th May nearly 5 months before departure. This was not good enough for them. They have been harassing me ever since for another £300 so called deposit. Obviously I have foregone the original payment. What kind of holiday company cannot resell two seats on a coach given 5 months notice?… Read Full Review

“highlights of holland”

Written on: 16/10/2019 by raHagan237 (1 review written)

1st experience of travelling with Ledger silver service, Pick up and return fine the hotel we stayed Golden Tulip Zevenbergen in very happy with was too far from all the destinations about 1.5 hours on average. Not happy with the intinery would of like to of seen cheese.cloggs and pottery factories very bland trip not what I would associate with Holland. The coach and drivers fine only doing there job would not go with any coach company with out asking a lot more questions which I did but you… Read Full Review

“Dreadful Customer Service”

Written on: 27/07/2019

All Inclusive Spectacular Austria by Luxuria - 25/05/2019 Holiday was way below par from experience of previous Leger trips. Gasthof Ascherwirt - food ok, accommodation dreadful, staff surly and rude and packed lunches inedible. Drivers - provided little or no useful information, made no effort to alter trips despite one of the areas being inaccessible due to weather for months, took us to Kitzbuhel for hours on a day when all shops and some restaurants were closed. Biggest complaint is… Read Full Review

“Holiday to Italy”

Written on: 07/07/2019 by risby (1 review written)

Have just had a lovely holiday in Italy at Lake Garda, We went with Ledger Holiday. We travelled by coach over two days to get to Lake Garda, we travelled through France, Belgium, Austria, and Germany and then into Italy and Lake Garda, really interesting trip. It was a very well plan trip. Husband and wife team, coach drivers, they had a very wide knowledge of area, Better than flying as you only see the clouds. Lake Garda was a wonderful place to visit, would love to go back again. Yet… Read Full Review

Nickcc's Response to risby's Review

Written on: 25/07/2019

We did Lake Garda a couple of years ago and found the hotel in Torbole very unsatisfactory. Shower cubicle was built for children as so small, aircon hardly cooled the room and the food was similar to canteen food, and not a very good canteen at that. On the way there the coach broke down in Germany as the wipers failed so we arrived at the hotel at 0430am so not a good start. We found our drivers failed to communicate well with one only interested in chatting up the younger single passengers and rarely spoke more than two words to the rest of the passengers, didn't help as English was his second language.

Read 1 Comment

“Eastern cities tour of US”

Written on: 29/06/2019 by Nasusm (1 review written)

Have had a really enjoyable holiday on this tour. The tour included everything we wanted to see. The tour director from ATI and coach driver were excellent. Hotels of a reasonable standard. However, Leger advertise it as a 9 day tour. The last day involved being dumped at JFK Airport at 11.30am for a 9pm flight. Fellow passengers who had booked through Virgin Holidays had an extra night in New York, a free meal and transportation to get their flight at a more reasonable time and paid less money… Read Full Review

“d day 75th anniversary. leger holidays.”

Written on: 10/06/2019 by Mills260 (1 review written)

one word to describe this trip,shocking.had to pay 240 pound in taxi from grantham to Gateshead due to coach having 9 stops on way back which meant we would not arrive home till after 3 in the morning even though it should have been 12.on trip itself we were 2 hours from central Normandy which meant a 4 hour commute each day resulting in being rushed around sites.food in hotel disgusting and a guest who asked to pay for a different meal was told she could not.6t june itself we had breakfast at… Read Full Review

“Coach tour D Day landing”

Written on: 09/06/2019 by sarahbednall (1 review written)

I thought the tour was very good. We went to Normandy France. From the 27th till the 30th. 5 day to do a tour on D day landing. The journey it self was comfortable and the staff made sure you had plenty of fliuds and snacks. And made sure in any other way your where OK. The tour guide was very helpful with the information he gave us, and learned a lot more. It was quite tiring sometimes and feel it could be a 7 day tour and not 5, because you do pack a lot in. The transfer before crossing to… Read Full Review

“Leger holidays never again!”

Written on: 07/06/2019 by princebuster12 (1 review written)

Over the last 60 years having visited or lived in 108 different Countries, I knew all the right questions to ask when booking a trip but unfortunately, I was given all the wrong answers! The person making the booking for me at Newell’s travel in Newquay, Cornwall was more than helpful, more than I can say for Leger holidays. My first question was before booking was it more or less a direct trip to Dover? Yes, I was informed. This was not so, and I spent 7 hours zig zagging all over the placeRead Full Review

Canoegirl63's Response to princebuster12's Review

Written on: 27/07/2019

Similar disgust at Leger's Customer "Service" from my own recent experience!

Read 1 Comment

“Little Trains of the Spectacular Austrain Tyrol on...”

Written on: 30/05/2019 by pop36 (1 review written)

My husband and I have just returned from a nine day holiday. We chose the Luxuria coach for the added comfort and were so glad that we did. Our two drivers were very good and there was plenty of information given along the way. We were kept well hydrated with a good drink selection. It was much cheaper to buy a coffee on the coach than in the various service stations on the way. There was a toilet on board along with individual entertainment screens but unfortunately no wifi. This is a… Read Full Review

“My honest view after 15 tours - what to expect.”

Written on: 22/04/2019 by daviddkkelly (1 review written)

I've done 15 tours with Leger over the last 8 or 9 years, including 2 week multi country, multi destination trips, a couple of mini breaks and 3 Christmas Market trips. People often ask me what they are like, and in all honesty they have been a very mixed bag. Some tours have been great, some have been average or even poor. So rather than review a specific tour I will give my honest opinion of travelling with Leger generally, coming from my experience of probably 10 or more tours with… Read Full Review

Helene123's Response to daviddkkelly's Review

Written on: 13/05/2019

No matter what you write these people are breaking the law. I don't think there is any place in the UK for rubbish companies. There are some very good coach tour companies but not this one.

Read 1 Comment

“They Don't Know What They're Doing”

Written on: 11/04/2019 by Helene123 (11 reviews written)

I booked a short break to Paris with Leger but then cancelled it due to the trouble in Paris. I didn't like the idea of witnessing burning shops and aggressive people. Holiday companies have a duty to keep their customers safe. The deposit I paid was forfeited and then Leger decided that I had to pay them another £50 for nothing at all. Anybody can send out invoices but this is attempted extortion. They have been going on and on as if I actually owe them money. As a retired Barrister, I don't… Read Full Review

Princebuster12's Response to Helene123's Review

Written on: 09/06/2019

Don’t even bother complaining to Leger Holidays you’re wasting your time as every response to your complaint, no matter how bad, always finishes with the words similar to “We hope to see you again soon “. Even though you have emphasised in your letter, Leger Never Again!

“Lovely holiday”

Written on: 04/12/2018 by Joyandk (1 review written)

The staff were very friendly. Hotel staff on the whole were friendly. Didn't get it entry until week before travel. Didn't know was travelling by euro tunnel. The seating myself and sister had was awful. We were by the toilet. The smell of urine was awful and leg space was very cramped. No Xmas decorations which was miserable especially as it was a Xmas trip. Hotel room was dirty and outdated. The package wasnt value for money. The coach journey was very long. The staff were really… Read Full Review

“disapointed”

Written on: 15/11/2018 by AtticusJordan1981 (1 review written)

I was very impressed with Ledger as a whole, very organised. However It was my first trip on my own, went on a single holiday. Coach trip to Riviera to France and Italy. Would not recommend it.There were a few elderly customers on there own who could have done with a bit of help off coach drivers.The coach drivers were so rude and unhelpful and unprofessional. There were many complaints given to Ledger. who put it down to clash of personalities. They obviously don't respond to genuine… Read Full Review

Toby280358's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2019

This I am afraid is typical of Leger, take it from an ex driver. It used to be a pleasure to drive for them but then they seemed to start going downhill. Employed drivers with little or no knowledge of tour work. They seem to have got rid of all the good drivers, the one's that were not afraid to stand up to them. They also have very little time for you THE CUSTOMER.

Canoegirl63's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2019

Totally agree about disinterest from Leger Customer "Service" (?) … have been in touch with others on my own recent tour who have all received same stock replies with no effort whatsoever to redeem our faith or restore confidence in booking with them again

Princebuster12's Comment

Helene123's Comment

Written on: 13/04/2019

Glad I didn't get to go on my Leger tour. The money you have to pay and then you get bad service.

Read 4 Comments

“Experia coach excellent, hotels poor.”

Written on: 07/09/2018 by maland (1 review written)

Review of Baltic Capitals & Scandinavia (11-26 August 2018) This was our first Leger Holidays tour and we decided to choose the Experia coach. The coach was excellent with comfortable seats and lots of leg room. The only criticism is that it lacked wifi on board. However, the excellence of the coach was spoilt by the poor choices of hotels the Leger chose for this tour. The hotels are located in most instances away from the city centres that we visited and this was a big downside of the tour… Read Full Review

Canoegirl63's Response to maland's Review

Written on: 27/07/2019

Would totally agree with the standards of hotels used … my most recent experience of Gasthof Ascherwirt in the Tyrol was worst yet!

Read 1 Comment

“Alsace and small villaes tour”

Written on: 28/08/2018 by viHagan300 (1 review written)

Pick up was a fair way from my home. Change over at Folkstone was fine. Plenty of places to eat. Good Toilets. Coach for our holiday was clean and modern. No idea of toilet as I didn't use it. No tour guide just two drivers, one of whom was quite unfriendly and neither gave us much info on where we were going throughout the tour. We were told if you are at all late we will go without you. In Strasbourg we were told if you want to get a bus either earlier or later just make your way to the bus… Read Full Review

“Not so 'Luxuria' Tour of Green Spain, Cantabria and...”

Written on: 16/08/2018 by waHayden188 (1 review written)

This was a coach tour of a beautiful part of Spain. The coach was brand new and very plush, but sadly we found the seats to be quite uncomfortable. Also, as the seats are high-backed, if you are not in the front seats, you cannot see through the front windscreen, only the windows beside you. With regard to the tour itself, this started badly, as we had to make our independent way to the next town, only to be picked up by a taxi that had travelled from our home town to collect us. There were… Read Full Review

Lori58's Comment

Written on: 20/10/2018

I think that my husband and I must have been on the same tour as you in May 2018. Although we thought that it was one of the better Leger Holidays that we have been on we do agree about Leger suppling drivers rather than tour guides. The info given was either poor or non existent, and we were sometimes directed the wrong way when getting off the coach at the many pretty villages we stopped at. We have just come back from another Leger tour where we were actually told that they were just drivers and if we had any problems with the hotels to contact reception. We had booked a an escorted tour with Leger and had not booked independently with the hotels, so Leger should sort out any problems direct.
Leger Holidays are often a lot dearer than their main competitor but we are losing faith in them.

Canoegirl63's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2019

Having had good experience of drivers previously, I was stunned by how uninformed and unhelpful they were on my recent trip to the Tyrol. To be fair to the other chap, he admitted he hadn't done that route before but the "expert" was never done telling us how he'd been doing this for years and yet he still never managed one informative utterance during the entire holiday!

Princebuster12's Comment

Nickcc's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2019

We received a £50 voucher after we complained, had to be used within a few months mind you so no use whatsoever.

Ellamag's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2020

We had a promise of a 5% reduction on the extra cost of travelling on a luxuria coach that broke down twice in the 4 days we were at the hotel. Travelling in a replacement mini bus for 2 hours each way to the cities that were too far from the hotel was not my idea of luxury!
However the reduction was for £25 off a future trip with Leger!! So many things wrong that could easily have been put right. Wish I’d read this review site before I booked. Never again. ☹️

Toby280358's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2019

Again as an ex driver for Leger it's so sad to read these comments. It used to be such a good Holiday firm to work with. I do agree that the drivers are not Tour Guides but when I was there proper tour drivers did their homework on every tour and always had information on hand for the places being visited. We would also have maps of places being visited. Looks like all the professional tour drivers who took a pride in their work have now gone, such a shame.

Read 6 Comments