East Midland Trains Reviews

• Cleanliness

East Midland Trains - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for East Midland Trains

East Midland Trains

“My holiday ruined by east Midlands railway ”

Written on: 11/07/2022 by michael179 (1 review written)

I went to Skegness via Northampton on the 9th of may 2022 I caught the train from Northampton ok it was when I caught the Skegness train at Nottingham railway station platform 2 we left on time but the problems was we got to Grantham railway station and just left but reversed back onto the Grantham railway station stayed for about 10 or 20 mins and was informed that our train would terminate at Boston railway station and buses would be provided they would be at the station at 13-00pm we arrived at 13-10pm to no buses or any help all he did was point towards the footbridge or via the level crossing to other side about 600 yards I had to take my luggage via the level crossing and being asthmatic and heart problems I nearly collapsed a member of the public helped me to the other side. Me and 3 others shared a taxi to Skegness and when I finally got to my hotel I was ok at first but the following day the 10th may 2022 the hotel staff called me a ambulance due to the stress caused by east Midlands railway I had to cut short my holiday due to being in Lincoln county hospital I returned the following day back home as I couldn't return to the hotel due to then not knowing how long I would be in hospital

“Over crowded trains very dangerous health and safety...”

Written on: 20/03/2022 by 241McKenna (1 review written)

Very over crowded trains, very dangerous health and safety not interested in customers at all needs new management from the top down full overhall

“Always late ”

Written on: 26/11/2020 by Bigswinny (1 review written)

The train has been on time twice in 14 days. Great timetable you have !!

“excellent service”

Written on: 05/08/2019 by emmafox (1 review written)

I mistakenly took the wrong case from the train, at DERBY, and didnt realise until I left the station, I went to see station supervisor, who was amazing, arranged for my case to leave the train at next stop, for me to collect, and sent on the case I took, to Leamington spa, for the passenger who owned it. I fully recommend and commend the station superviser for his actions, He was courteous, pleasant and efficient even if he did call me a 'Little old lady' , service like this should be rewarded

“Dangerous for women and children ”

Written on: 26/11/2018 by ReidKelly150 (1 review written)

Evening train from Nottingham to Mansfield. An aggressive drunk groping young women and being intimidating towards his own partner and others was not removed from an overcrowded train. The staff had no idea how to deal with the situation and left it to other passengers to try and keep the peace.

“Pathetic experience ”

Written on: 27/10/2018 by Kellen375 (1 review written)

Really bad WiFi service and unfriendly staff. The train is too compact hence it becomes difficult for a person to move around suit cases or sit with decent comfort considering the price one pays. It’s extremely over crowded and passengers constantly complain and act rude with others over seats. The train doesn’t do justice. I would never want to use it again.

“would give no stars if i could ”

Written on: 22/10/2018 by Evelyn393 (1 review written)

staff are extremely rude and patronising, I was fined £90 for missing my train and getting the next one. the train was pretty disgusting with food wrappers and crumbs lying about and don't even get me started on the toilet. generally grim. don't recommend. you've been warned.

“Overcrowded and late trains awful customer service”

Written on: 08/08/2018 by Hancock187 (1 review written)

Travelled from Nottingham to Manchester and return No drinks trolley on train Passengers standing like sardines in aisles potential health and safety risk as train obviously overcrowded No visible guards to assist passengers Only 2 carriages temp outside approx 30 conditioning not working properly Train late on both journeys All in all conditions on train barbaric Would appear to be daily problem especially on journeys from Manchester and Nottingham to Sheffield No positives at all Stagecoach should lose their franchise

“Staff remove wine from passengers”

Written on: 24/03/2018 by Carver70 (1 review written)

All passengers beware, hide your alcohol. never used this service before-nottingham to Worksop. never use it again. Make sure bus is taken in future. It’s a busy journey. But as soon as we got on Security came round saying alcohol wasn’t allowed on the train and removed our ms and other passengers wine despite the fact that there were no signs informing passengers of this and no announcement made on the train. There was no ‘im sorry madam but alcohol isn’t permitted on this train.’ Instead it was ‘ alcohol isn’t allowed, hand over your bottle’. Fantastic customer service but it’s no more than expected on these trains. had to use the toilets at Nottingham once, managed by East Midland trains. had to adjust my bra as it was uncomfortable. A male cleaner watched me. complained but the station manager upheld the male staff in the female toilets. Beware ladies. East Midlands management is a set of mysogynistic bullies. Good luck. Won’t post using the word ‘ieye’so had to change text. Poor attitude, poor customer service. Situation normal then for East midland trains.

“Dirty carriages in 1st class”

Written on: 06/11/2017 by ASUS101 (1 review written)

Often travel on business from London to the north. Where possible I always take Virgin. Going to Sheffield this morning with East Midlands and the was met with the usual grubby carriages. Floor looks like it hasn't be hovered in days, spilt coffee stains on the table and food crumbs on the table and seats. I'm more than happy to pay for breakfast, dried up bacon in a dry roll £4, you receive a complimentary hot full English on Virgin trains.

“Journey from hell!!”

Written on: 30/10/2017 by 330Choate (1 review written)

Travelled from Stockport to Norwich yesterday. Arrived at station to find when train arrived 4 carriages reduced to 2 & although I had reserved a seat as there were around 40-50 people jammed down the aisle could not get through to seat & ended up standing. There was luggage, bikes, people with young children, elderly passengers all jammed in. From a health & safety point of view if there had been an accident passengers would not have got out. Absolutely the worse journey I have ever experienced

“Great Experience Travelling with 2 young children ”

Written on: 11/10/2017 by Achilton (1 review written)

I was travelling alone from St Pancras to Derby with 2 children under 3 years old. They were both in a buggy. When booking a ticket you get a reserved seat but as it was a busy train I could not have 2 children on my lap so I travelled in the entrance carriage which has a seat. I was happy with this as I didn't want to make a scene. The staff were very helpful and even asked if I wanted to move to another carriage where I could have had a seat with the buggy next to me. It was great that they were so welcoming and accommodating as it can be difficult travelling alone with young children. Throughout the journey the staff were fantastic helping me on and off the train and giving me advice. Next time I will ask which carriage will be the best for me before boarding as I know they will try to be helpful in getting me a seat.

“Staff training”

Written on: 18/07/2017

I have travelled on British rail first class and virgin first class and it's like chalk and cheese, we're as the virgin crew are polite and helpful, the East Midlands are the opposite, on the trip going to London the service was terrible, and coming back was the same, if I was a vister to this country I would be very disappointed, we should expect a better service from our first class trains, I think retraining or a refresher course would be helpful

“Unhelpful staff and I will never book in advance again”

Written on: 22/05/2017 by JWright2222 (1 review written)

I arrived to collect tickets only to realise that due to my bank reissuing my card I couldn't collect the tickets. I thought that a reissued card to the same account would work. It didn't. Then I thought going to the service desk this would be sorted out in 2 minutes. How wrong could I be. The desk staff at Nottingham train station didn'f care. They told me to phone the online help desk and carried on their own personal conversation behind the desk. I am trying to get a refund, but being told these are non refundable tickets. When there is a problem, ALL tickets are refundable. In future I have no option but to not trust the collect machines and have the tickets sent to my home address. I would urge anyone else to do the same.

“Very pleasant and helpful staff”

Written on: 10/05/2017 by grahamnicholls (1 review written)

I got on the wrong train - should have got on the 08:15; got on the 08:29. I realised when I was grumpily moaning to myself that I'd not got the table seat I'd requested. So I checked with the nice guy doing refreshments, who sent me to the train manager, who wrote on my (non-transferrable) ticket, and all was fine. My mistake, and they could have been insistent on charging me, but that was never an issue. The train is comfortable and on-time. A good journey.

“Refund processed ”

Written on: 19/03/2017 by Matthew402 (1 review written)

Generally I'm happy with them and do use them when going down to London. Had 1 train late and 1 train with broken aircon. Both full refunds, thank you to the lady from Customer service. Things do go wrong but when they apologise and refund the ticket, it does make a difference. Will use them again.

“I booked my ticket in advance to then arrive at...”

Written on: 17/11/2016

I booked my ticket in advance to then arrive at Nottingham train station to find someone in my seat and the train being full. It has resorted me sitting on my suitcase in front of the exit door. The man driving the train didn't seem to bothered about the situation. The situation wasn't dealt with appropriately, I am annoyed I've spent the money for a seat to then not even having one for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

“Rip off”

Written on: 23/08/2016 by Leonidas156 (1 review written)

Paid for advance fare and had to travel one day earlier. Refused to give any adjustment on previous ticket and therefore had to pay full price, plus the cost of the previous ticket. A £10.00 admin fee is understandable / acceptable. Perhaps this is why the railways should be nationalised again!

“Good old fashioned service”

Written on: 15/07/2016

En route to Luton Airport I made the mistake of getting on the front part of a seemingly long train at St Pancras. This section turned out to be an express to Sheffield.. The train manger, couldn't have been more sympathetic or obliging and had the train make a special stop at Bedford.. Not to be repeated on my behalf but fantastic and unexpected old fashioned service! Embarrassed and grateful

“Definitely not 1st Class......”

Written on: 17/06/2016 by SelinaMD (1 review written)

I travel quite often from London on EMT as I have to for business purposes. I purchased 1st Class and have to say that the only reason I now do this is for peace and quiet, and simply comfort. There are so many issues with these train arrives 1st Class offering its quite unbelievably. Wifi rarely works and when I have asked if there's a problem, the response from staff is "oh it's not that compatible with Apple"..no small or light bite extras and when you do decide to maybe order a breakfast paid for option, I am always told (3x in fact) that they've sold out....this is on the 9:15 service to Leicester... Staff can be sometimes very rude, however the odd one or two are superb and very friendly. Seriously, this is absolutely not 1st Class and at best, is a comfortable seat.