MyAlgarveCars, www.myalgarvecars.com

3.1

MyAlgarveCars, www.myalgarvecars.com - Ask a question now

“ripoff merchants”

written by polmachaodha on 06/09/2016

Hired a car, which they conveniently placed away from a light source. existing scratch on car which they then charged me 150 euro for. avoid.

Tipler77's Response to polmachaodha's Review

Written on: 15/04/2017

Hello, can you book with this company without a credit card? Do they acept cash or debit card?

“My heroes!”

written by on 11/03/2013

The evening before leaving for Faro I could not find my credit card. I called around all the car hire companies that are household names, in London and Portugal, and none could help me as they require a credit (NOT debit) card to block off a large deposit sum during the hire period, nor could our travel agent nor Easyjet (who have a relationship with Europcar). Panic! On moneysupermarket.com there was a thread mentioning myalgarvecars in the context of "no credit card car hire in Portugal". Sure enough, an email and phone call produced the promise of a hire car at the airport at 09:00 in return for cash/card hire payment + Euros 200 cash deposit. Solution! I made sure I recorded the 24-hour phone number for this firm at Faro Airport and left in good spirits. We did call it on arrival as the car was awaiting us with hirer's representative in the car park - they brought it to us at the arrivals area on request. Great service, smooth operation, nice car, no hassles at all, we met same rep in the car park 3 days later and he dropped us back at departures at 08:00. Highly recommended by us, esp. if no credit card! March 2013 trip.

“Myalgarvecars.com Great Service!!”

written by JHoving on 22/11/2012

The car was very new and clean and was perfect for us. I would recommend them to people who are after nice cars at cheap rates. Will definitely rent cars from them in near future! Many Thanks Mr(s) Hoving

“Beware Using this Company”

written by AlanJohn on 18/10/2012

After we collected the car we had only driven it for 1 Hour when the plastic radiator grill fell off, this company is now trying to charge me for this Unsafe item. I would warn anybody to use another firm.

“I rent a car on internet with myalagarvecars.com for 5...”

written by on 04/12/2010

I rent a car on internet with myalagarvecars.com for 5 days. The price was cheap and car was good. Sorry about my english.
Mikelis Sakunis, Latvia

“Very easy company to deal with, had no trouble at...”

written by on 03/12/2010

Very easy company to deal with, had no trouble at all... No complaints

“Just Google "Shortage of hire cars in Algarve hits the...”

written by on 01/12/2010

Just Google "Shortage of hire cars in Algarve hits the peak" and you'll end up with a online known online magazine. See the part for "The day before she was due to arrive in the Algarve she received an email from the hire company, myalgarvecars, telling her that there were no cars available for the duration of her holiday, even though she had written confirmation. "Now I am completely stuck," she said. "I stay near Monchique, in the sticks and away from public transport. I have no nearby shops either; it's a 25 minute walk away to a local store." The Algarve Resident contacted myalgarvecars but the company declined to comment.." I think it tells all. Unserved Client Kyrenia Tew

“I was nervous after the previous review but cost was...”

written by on 26/10/2010

I was nervous after the previous review but cost was 10% cheaper than the next cheapest, and 20% cheaper if paying by cash. In the event everything was fine. Car in good condition and service very good...I was unable to withdraw sufficient cash from the cash machine at Faro airport (Alliance & Leicester's security!) to pay, so the rep accepted the amount I had and suggested he come to my hotel, 50 minutes away, the next evening to collect the balance. Fantastic service!

“I've been in Algarve for holidays, rented a car on...”

written by on 29/07/2010

I've been in Algarve for holidays, rented a car on website www.myalgarvecars.com and although i'm not a computer guy i had no problems. Great service and I am recommending to all my friends
On arrival they even recommended where to go and what to visit during my stay, really helpful team with huge sympathy
Next visit to Algarve i will definitely use their services again.

Thanks Myalgarvecars Team for making me feel welcome to your country

“Booked car in April for July holiday - days before...”

written by on 20/07/2010

Booked car in April for July holiday - days before flight receive email saying they'd cancelled it because of not enough cars. Appalling treatment on phone, no apology, basically nuts to you, tough.

“I ordered a cabriolet from My Alagrave Cars in October...”

written by jpetermills on 01/07/2010

I ordered a cabriolet from My Alagrave Cars in October 2009 for delivery to my hotel on 14th June 2010. 2 weeks before my holiday I checked with their office to ensure they had they order. They confirmed they had. 10:00 arrived on 14th June but no car. I waited a little while before calling them to be told my car was not being delivered, they claimed because the car had been involved in an accident the day before. I asked what replacement they were going to deliver to be told there wasn't one. They recommended I went to another hire company. Don't touch these guys with a barge pole they are unreliable and offer no customer service and they simply couldn't care less. I did not and have not received an apology for this very poor service and because you have the option to pay cash when they deliver the car they obviously don't feel that a contract exists. Most the well known car hire companies have reduced their fleets by over 50% this year in the Algarve and therefore picking a car up is very difficult if you have't pre-booked.take my advice and pre-book a car with a reputable company and don't use My Algarve Cars, also beware as they also trade under a number of other on-line web sites/booking services in the Algarve.

Myalgarvecars Team's Response to jpetermills's Review

Written on: 16/07/2010

<br/>Myalgarvecars is a company which is growing unbelievably well in the car hire business thanks to our commitment and to the provided high quality service. Summer is always very busy and most of the reservations are last minute bookings which turns up to be very difficult when it comes to satisfy all car hire requests. This year it has been even worst. Due the economic slowdown all rent-a-cars decided not to buy more cars to wait and see, and the result was/ is less cars in all fleets. We do know that customer has booked with myalgarvecars in advance and should have had our best car and service. We invariably have the car that clients requested but unfortunately sometimes due to damage and late returns we occasionally, may have to offer clients an alternative-We do regret that sometimes our provided service isn't so competitive and excellent as we do expect but unfortunately at the moment we hadn't any alternative cause we had no cars to replace. We do assume our responsibilities and we expect to please our clients helping them having the best holidays...

“Excellent service. Friendly chap at the airport - ...”

written by on 14/11/2009

Excellent service. Friendly chap at the airport - upgraded the car. Easy pick up and drop off. Would use them again and again. What more is there to say?

“We booked a group E car (Ford Focus size) with...”

written by on 10/08/2009

We booked a group E car (Ford Focus size) with MyAlgarveCars in Feb 09 for our stay in Jul/Aug 09. A few days before our holiday, I contacted them to check if they still had our booking, which they claimed not to have. After sending them the original confirmation email, they finally agreed that our booking was confirmed, However, when we arrived at the airport we were only given an Opel Corsa. We called them several times during our holiday to get the car we originally booked, but kept getting brushed-off.
Myalgarvecars is a broker for the Local-cars hire company, so I can't be sure where the fault lay

“Went with my family to the Algarve for the third week...”

written by on 29/07/2009

Went with my family to the Algarve for the third week of July- had a pre-booked car months ago with one of the major car hire companies. On presenting the paperwork at the airport, I was told it had all been cancelled and to try another car hire as all their cars had gone out. we had to take a taxi till Albufeira wich cost us 70,00 euros. At night went to Cyber-caf and booked online with Myalgarvecars.com next morning we had our car delivered on the reception by a really nice staff, that given us lots of tips from unknown algarve. we trully recomend this car hire company