Centauro Rent A Car Reviews

Centauro Rent A Car - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Centauro Rent A Car

Centauro Rent A Car

“Chania Crete Greek - not bad in summary”

Written on: 15/08/2019 by nickcarter4 (6 reviews written)

Pick up nearby airport, transport with shuttle bus (van). Waiting about 20mins for pick up and drop off. Ordered by Ryanair (Cartrawler), good price, but instead Fiat Punto was only Fiat Panda. It is not simillar... Upgrade to new Citroen C3 diesel was only 30E for 11 days, very good option. Additional insurance 21E/day!, we rejected it. That´s why they blocked 750E on a credit card, it was cancelled about 10 days after return. Refundable deposit on fuel 72E, returned 3 days after return… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to nickcarter4's Review

Written on: 15/08/2019

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your comments and rating of your car rental experience with us.
We also thank you for the trust you have placed in Centauro and hope to welcome you again very soon :-)

Read 1 Comment

“Just back from Alicante where agent tried to pressure...”

Written on: 12/08/2019 by Mattied216 (1 review written)

Just back from Alicante where agent tried to pressure us into an extra €210 insurance for 10 days ( I don’t pay much more for a year here!) just checked bank and the have taken an extra €161 with no email to explain why. They charged me at the outset €67 for at full tank of petrol of which we used 2/3 of, drove from airport to villa about an hour away, went to car on day 2 and the battery was dead which cost a long walk into the town and a cab ride back and all the hustle of getting… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/08/2019

Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback.

Read 1 Comment

“Worst experience ever :(”

Written on: 27/07/2019 by TomaszChmielewski (2 reviews written)

I was rented a car in Lisbon. Returning from the Algarve to Lisbon, I left 6 hours before the scheduled flight. There was a shot of the tire. I could not replace it myself because I noticed that my car is without a spare wheel and a repair kit. The Centauro emergency phone did not answer. From the moment they were picked up I expected a total of 4 hours, with my family in the heat and without water on the side of the highway. When the taxi arrived Centauro decided to go to Faro, instead of to… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to TomaszChmielewski's Review

Written on: 30/07/2019

Good morning,
We are so sorry to hear your comments, we will investigate what happened. Have you sent your claim to our customer service via email?
If so, we will reply as soon as possible.

Read 1 Comment

“Very fine Pre-scratch car pretending money from insurance”

Written on: 19/07/2019 by Bogdan_ando (1 review written)

Me and one friend of mine got robbed by Centauro Crete. We got two cars, inspected at pick-up, didn’t saw very fine scratch, IN THE SAME position, on the right side of the car under the door, on the frame. I repeat, in the same position on both cars. They pointed immediately at the return inspection They pretended 450€ euros for the scratch even it was smaller than the limit for claim. We also wait for them a lot in the airport although we phone them that we arrived. Avoid them… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to Bogdan_ando's Review

Written on: 22/07/2019

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your comments of your car rental experience with us.
Please note the damage policy is clearly explained in the rental terms and conditions. All existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for. Please note we do not blame our customers for the damage, but if the damage is made during your rental then unfortunately you are responsible for this.

Read 1 Comment

“They play with fuel! BE CAREFUL”

Written on: 17/07/2019 by Henri99 (1 review written)

On the pickup day on the document was chowing 70% of fuel, but on the car was 45%, I did ask to review and change. The guy said that was everything ok. On the delivery day, a problem happened with fuel deposit that supposes to be refunded to my account and we went back to the office. The guy said that everything was fine and my ALL money was delivered to my account. BUT NOT I sent an email to report the issue. And M.E. from the Centauros office replied: "Please note the amount charged for fuel… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to Henri99's Review

Written on: 19/07/2019

Hi Henri99, thank you for your feedback.
If this was our mistake we will investigate it and sort it out. Please note the response time of our customer service department via email is now 12/14 days.

Read 1 Comment

“First we waited for 30 min in the airport parking for...”

Written on: 12/07/2019 by gspataru (2 reviews written)

First we waited for 30 min in the airport parking for the shuttle bus, in the sun, 40 degrees. Then we took the car and everything was beautiful in Crete, a great holiday. The problems started to appear when we returned the car. There was a minor scratch - I strongly suspect it was there from the begining, but my fault didnt check well enough - I wont get into that. "Only" 450 euro excess for a minor scratch under the passenger door. The guy who made the paperwork did a very poor job.. instead… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to gspataru's Review

Written on: 16/07/2019

Hi gspataru, thank you for sharing your feedback.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused on arrival. The damage policy is clearly explained in the rental terms and conditions. All existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for.
Kind regards

“Centauro Catania ”

Written on: 07/07/2019 by aqRhodes1947 (1 review written)

A recent trip to Centauro Catania could have been great. They were efficient on arrival, the car wasn’t the one we thought we were getting but hey, when are they. Instead the car we got was fine and did the job. When we came to return the car at the airport, the girl at the check in looked over the car and said everything was fine but that because there was some sand on the floor and the back seat (this is a beach destination after all and a little sand should be expected) we would need to be… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2019

Hi aqRhodes1947 , thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent rental with us. As stated in the rental conditions, in cases where, following the return of the vehicle, additional cleaning is required due to the car being dirty beyond the level expected from normal vehicle use, an additional charge shall apply. Our colleague offered you the chance of cleaning the car yourself to avoid this extra charge. Kind regards

Read 1 Comment

“I hired a car from these jokers in Faro in May. I paid...”

Written on: 11/06/2019 by JusticeMcClure (1 review written)

I hired a car from these jokers in Faro in May. I paid up front for zero excess and full to full. When i went over the car with the rep, he pointed out that the tank was virtually empty and to bring it back roughly the same. On our return, I left the tank 3/8 full and because it was early and very busy with returns, I asked the agent to mark on my agreement that the tank was returned with more in it that I picked up. I then found out they had charged me for a full tank of fuel and a service… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/06/2019

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. To be able to investigate what happened, please contact our Customer Service department indicating your booking reference and we will reply as soon as possible. Kind regards

Read 1 Comment

“Booked a car for pickup at Malaga airport via Zest car...”

Written on: 24/05/2019 by Gabrielleh1958 (1 review written)

Booked a car for pickup at Malaga airport via Zest car hire with all inclusive insurance and paid additional insurance to cover tyres, glass etc. Centauro is off the airport so had quite a walk with the luggage to the shuttle bus pickup point. We then had to wait 15 mins for a bus. On arrival at the Centauro car collection area we were given a number to prevent queuing. Whilst this is a good idea anyone in their "premier club " could walk straight to the front of the queue. Once at reception… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/05/2019

Thank you for sharing your rating of your car rental experience with us.
Please note we require all customers to either opt for our Smart cover on arrival, which covers all eventualities, or leave a 1050€-2100€ deposit, regardless of whether they have purchased private insurance prior to arrival. Whereas private insurance policies tend to cover the excess in case of damage, this doesn´t exempt you from leaving the required deposit on arrival. If the Smart cover isn´t taken then any damage to the car is charged directly to you and then you can claim from your own insurance.
All the information is on our terms and conditions and our staff always explain this carefully on collection.
All existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for. Please note we do not blame our customers for the damage, but if the damage is made during your rental then unforutnately you are responsible for this.
If you have any doubt, you can contact us.
Kind regards, Centauro Rent a Car

Written on: 28/05/2019

Im not interested in you "smart cover" which triples the price of renting a car from you. I have my own insurance.

I have since discovered its a well know trick used by unscrupulous car hire companies. Simply google "car hire key trick".

Luckly im covered via my own car insurance but I will never use Centauro ago and I would urge other people to do your research before renting a car.

There is a reason Centauro score 2.7 / 5 on here. Do your research !

Emlu's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2019

We had a similar experience when returning our car to Malaga airport today. The guy checking the car went straight over to the rear of the vehicle and pointed out the tiniest mark (we fully checked the vehicle beforehand and couldn’t see it and certainly didn’t cause it!) and charged us 250euros for it because we hadn’t taken out their insurance. I strongly suspect they already know where to look for these faults.

Emlu's Comment

Written on: 12/08/2019

This is totally untrue. All existing damage is NOT registered on the contract. I was charged for damage that I didn’t cause. 250euros for an insignificant mark that most likely will never be fixed and used again for the next poor customer to pay for... The guy knew exactly where to find this tiny scratch that he had probably used many times before on unsuspecting customers. It seems like you penalise customers that don’t take out your insurance by finding a fault with the car to reclaim the cost.
The car my parents hired had a number of large scratches that were not written down and only when a member of staff was approached did this actually happen.

Read 4 Comments

“Alicante holiday travellers ”

Written on: 06/05/2019 by Tinabonnienipper (1 review written)

Over the last 15 years we have used must of the hire companies at Alicante and murcia as we travel to Spain often over the last ten years Centauro has been are sole provider security service price and availability ten out of ten… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to Tinabonnienipper's Review

Written on: 07/05/2019

Hi,
We are glad you have enjoyed your rentals with us in Alicante airport and hope you continue choosing our company for your future car hire :)

“Best in Rome”

Written on: 21/03/2019 by idahospud (1 review written)

I have rented from Centauro, Fiumicino two times in the last 3 months. Every time has been a pleasant experience with no surprises. The Staff is very accommodating. My Compliments and will definitely use again. USA… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to idahospud's Review

Written on: 22/03/2019

Good morning ,
Thank you for taking the time in leaving your feedback of your car rental experience with us. We are glad you have enjoyed your rental with us in Rome Fiumicino, and hope you continue choosing us for your future car hire :)

Read 1 Comment

“be aware of excessive charges for scratches under the...”

Written on: 11/02/2019 by RylandBurnham18 (1 review written)

I booked a car with full for full and when I went to collect it, it was 80% ( that what they said). I told them I want it full for full and they said we can give you a full tank or a partially filled one as it is what it says in the contract. So, read carefully. It is the first time it happens to me!. Then, when I brought it back and they charged me for the scratch ( That I didn't notice when I took the car) they didn't refund me the fuel but took more money ( to make the 200 euros) for a… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2019

Good morning,
Thank you for your comments.
We have reviewed this case again, and we must confirm that our position on that matter remains unchanged, the Terms & Conditions were correctly applied to your rental.
We would like to stress that Centauro Rent a Car will always endeavour to reach a solution that is both reasonable and in line with the Terms & Conditions of your rental agreement.
Therefore, we trust you will understand that we are not able to proceed any further with your case on this occasion.

Nomad99's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2019

They know very well that the scratch was there when I collected the car. I am asking them to look at previous rental people and all incidents which will show that the scratch was there when I took the car. I am convinced if they check for previous incidents by previous rental people, they will see that I was right ( but they will not do it and they will carry on taking money from innocent people to get 'rich' quicker'. Also, they are no answering about the fact that they didn't refund me my fuel deposit first before charging me for the scratch.

Written on: 14/02/2019

Good morning,
As explained, we used the fuel deposit as part payment for the damage, so only one transaction was made to avoid any additional bank fees.
We are so sorry but in this case we cannot be of any more help. Kind regards

Nomad99's Comment

Written on: 14/02/2019

Hi,

you shouldn't do that! It says in your contract that the money kept when collecting the car is refunded when the car is brought back with tank with same level when taken. It doesn't say that the money will be kept to partially paid for the damages. they are two separate contracts. you must refund the fuel first and then take money from the incident ( which in my case never happen!!!). You apply and do what you want! There are rules for you and rules for us!!!

“More mis-selling”

Written on: 08/02/2019 by AinsleyWatson (1 review written)

I cannot fault the car nor really our collect and drop experience at Malaga airport last September. My 1 star review is because I was mis-sold a product I didn't want or need - no doubt, along with many others. I took out separate excess damage insurance in the UK before we left for Malaga. Breakdown cover is included in the standard hire agreement so I didn't need that, however, on arrival at Malaga airport collection point, the agent told me that it wasn't included and refused to provide me… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/02/2019

Hi,

As our customer service department explained to you via email, the extra Road assistance is an extra we offer to customers, so in the case of needing road assistance that isn´t related to engine failure then the service will not be charged ( changing a tyre, jump starting the car).

The basic road assistance is included in the rental price. This extra cover is to give the customer full peace of mind when travelling, knowing that in any event the road assistance is covered in full.

Our staff explained you carefully this on arrival, abd we feel that all procedures were carried out correctly.

John1890's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2019

Can you explain why your agent refused to give me any phone number in the event of a "basic assistance" breakdown?

Had he done that, I would not have taken out the extra cover - and I made this very clear at the point of my initial complaint to you last October.
This is the whole essence of my complaint. Its not about different vehicle breakdown inclusions or exclusions. I continue to believe I was pressured into buying an extra service I didn't need.

Written on: 24/05/2019

The Spanish car industry is rife with this sort of behavior, best thing people can do is never to use these companies. id rather pay a bit more money and hire with a decent car rental company

Written on: 11/02/2019

Thank you for sharing your rating of your car rental experience with us.
Please note as per our terms and conditions, If the customer requests assistance, he/she must pay the towing costs, or any other expense incurred by said assistance, except in cases where the assistance is required as
a result of a technical failure in the vehicle.
Our staff offered you the Road assistance extra on arrival, which covers this service regardless of the reason, and you accepted to add it to your rental as stated in your initial contract.
We feel that all procedures were carried out correctly.

Read 4 Comments

“Excellent service from friendly staff at Centauro Alicante”

Written on: 06/02/2019 by LizG2019 (1 review written)

I want to say thank you to staff at Centauro Alicante Airport for their friendliness and efficiency both while collecting my car on 31st January and returning it on 4 February. I was somewhat stressed on arrival as our travel plans had been changed because of a small crisis at home. My husband and I had planned a visit to Spain as part of my birthday celebrations. The crisis meant that, at the last minute, my husband was unable to travel with me. Naturally, we were both upset at this. Nuria… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to LizG2019's Review

Written on: 07/02/2019

Hi,
Thank you for choosing us for your car hire and for your great comments and rating of your car rental experience with us.
We hope to welcome you again very soon at Centauro Rent a Car :-)

Read 1 Comment

“Centauro just lost a potential lifetime customer!”

Written on: 02/02/2019

We agree - we will never use them again. Just returned from a week in Spain - we checked the car on picking up, took photographs and knew that there were no additional scratches at all on return. However, the attendant gave a cursory glance at the car and then suddenly honed in on the door-lock saying someone had tried to break in that way. Honestly, you couldn't see the damage! It was probably the only thing we didn't photograph so we cannot prove it was like that from the start. We used the… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/02/2019

Thank you for sharing your rating of your car rental experience with us.
Please note the damage policy is clearly explained in the rental terms and conditions. All existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for. It is also specified on the initial contract that the lock of the car must be checked before leaving our installations.

Written on: 24/05/2019

This is common , just google "car hire key problems"

Written on: 24/05/2019

Hi, we have just had the exact same issue on Fiat 500 from Centauro in Malaga. We got charged 300 euros for a lock that didnt at all looked damaged.

This seems to be common. They know people use the remote locking and not the locks. In our case when they couldnt find any additional scratches , the Centauro employee went into the office , came back out and immediately checked the lock which , surprise, surprise didnt work.

What car did you have ?

Written on: 05/02/2019

Thank you for sharing your rating of your car rental experience with us.
All existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for as per our price matrix.
If you have any queries, please contact us and we will provide all the necessary information.
Kind regards.

Unfortunately, all customers are charged new damages regarding of how many rentals they have had. "
"Hi . Thank you for sharing your rating of your car rental experience with us. Please note the damage policy is clearly explained in the rental terms and conditions. All existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for. If you have any queries, you can contact us and we will provide al"Hi . Thank you for sharing your rating of your car rental experience with us. Please note the damage policy is clearly explained in the rental terms and conditions. All existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for. If you have any queries, you can contact us and we will provide all the necessary information.
Kind regards.

l the necessary information.

Read 4 Comments

“Good value for money. Good time of car receiving and...”

Written on: 27/01/2019 by xxxKamil (1 review written)

I used Centauro quite a many times in Portugal (Lisabon and Faro) and in Spain (Malaga). Cars are always new or pretty new, clean and well prepared (this was not always my experience with budget rent a car company (like Drive On Holidays, where care were often old and even dirty). Waiting time very good outside of the holiday season, acceptable in the summer. Actually the transfer from the airport to Centauro place does not make the car receive process longer vs. rent a car companies located… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to xxxKamil's Review

Written on: 28/01/2019

Good morning,
We are glad you have enjoyed your rental with us and hope you continue choosing us for your future car hire :)

Read 1 Comment

“Good choice to avoid waiting for a car at Malpensa...”

Written on: 25/01/2019 by sergeytinyakov (1 review written)

Very friendly staff! 10 min of waiting at the airport 7 min trip to the rental car office 10 min for getting a car 2 days rent, no problem again 5 min to give car back 7 min to go to the airport It's faster and cheaper then rent service inside the airport … Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to sergeytinyakov's Review

Written on: 25/01/2019

Hi Sergey,
Thank you for choosing us for your car hire and for your kind comments and rating of your car rental experience with us.
We hope to welcome you again very soon at Centauro Rent a Car :-)

“Never Centauro again”

Written on: 16/12/2018 by moggsor (1 review written)

Rented Car with Centauro in Milano - Malpensa Where do i start? We took centauro because they claimed they were at or very close to the airport. We had to wait 45 minutes on a shuttlebus and no one wanted to give any information when we called and asked centauro support. When the shuttlebus finally arived it didnt have baby seats so we had to go with our baby in the lap (not ok), but we thought the rental was close to the Airport but he went on the freeway and went on for about 15… Read Full Review

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Response to moggsor's Review

Hi,
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused on arrival.
Please note there are no hidden charges, all the information is clearly explained in the rental terms and conditions.
If you booked through a 3rd party and you wanted to pay with a debit card, then the Smart cover was required to avoid the deposit on arrival.
If you feel you have not been informed correctly, we urge you to contact your agency directly.

Moggsor's reply to Centauro_Rent_A_Car's Comment

Written on: 17/12/2018

I would have been ok with a deposit on arrival.
But that was not an option, i was forced to pay 250 euro.
And since We already had been driven so far away from The airport that There was no other car rentals close, standing with our newborn We had no other choice but to pay up to get going.

Centauro_Rent_A_Car's reply to Moggsor's Comment

Written on: 18/12/2018

Good morning,
As per the 3rd party conditions, a credit card with enough creidt to leave the deposit on arrival was required for payment, this is stated in the booking voucher.
You did not comply this condition and presented only a debit card, so the full cover was required then to avoid the excess,

Read 3 Comments

“Another victim of the Spanish car rental deception”

Written on: 15/12/2018 by tqMorse330 (1 review written)

Unfortunately, Centauro run an deceitful operation of the sort that is often reported in the press. We received a car with all manner of scrapes and dings and a form that had lots of marks on it to indicate the damage in 11 different places. Having read all the reports of Spanish car rental company activities, we took pictures of the car before accepting it. Even so, when it was returned, the representative found a small scrape that he claimed was not on the car when we picked it up. This was… Read Full Review

Thank you for sharing your rating of your car rental experience with us.
Please note all existing damage is registered on the contract when collecting the car and any new damage will unfortunately have to be paid for.
When a customer hires a car and does not take out the Centauro Cover, the customer has to assume the responsibility for any new damage to the car this is why deposits are taken.
We fully understand why you may feel so disappointed but our staff always follow this procedure.
Please send us your booking reference number via our website and we will investigate this further.

“Bad experience ”

Written on: 10/12/2018

Very bad experience with Centauro. Rented it through EconomyBookings.com in October 2018 in Barcelona. The price was good - but they just attract clients with low prices. Then when we came to the office and found out that if you tae it for more than a week they have limited mileage - 100 km per day. And they take 15 EUR per day if you ride 100 km more. They take from 1050 to 2000 EUR as a deposit from your card!!! And return it 3 weeks later after you drop off the car. With the cost of car 80… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/12/2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your rating of your car rental experience with us.

The mileage is limited from Barcelona and Madrid as per the table below, and we charge 0,15€ per exceeded kilometre.:

400 km/day for bookings 1- 3 days
300 km/day for bookings 4- 6 days
150 km/day for bookings 7 - 20 days
100 km/day for bookings for more than 21 days

We require all customers to either opt for our Smart cover on arrival, which covers all eventualities, or leave a 1050€-2100€ deposit, regardless of whether they have purchased private insurance prior to arrival.

Also the fine administration fee is explained in our terms and conditions. We identify the driver and provide all contact details so our customers can receive the original documents at their home address. The 40€ charge by Centauro refers to the administration fee of this service.

If you have booked through a 3rd party and you feel you have not been informed correctly, we urge you to contact your agency directly.

If you wish, you can also contact us.

Kind regards, Centauro Rent a Car