East Coast Car Rentals Reviews - www.eastcoastcarrentals.com.au

Media Gallery for East Coast Car Rentals www.eastcoastcarrentals.com.au

East Coast Car Rentals www.eastcoastcarrentals.com.au

“ECCR – do not provide them your credit card”

Written on: 04/07/2020 by Gilaad (1 review written)

Just a note to let people know: Do not get close to “East Coast Car Rentals”, They are cheap, but take much more from your credit card, without your permission, against your permission, as they already have the credit card number. I rented a car in Cairns, Australia on February 4, 2020, their insurance proposal seems way too high, so I did not buy it. But allowed them to freeze 1000 AU$ from my credit card (I fully agreed and gave my card to use) and I drove away. I did scratch the car… Read Full Review

“Be careful of these guys”

Written on: 30/09/2017 by PhilWNSW (1 review written)

Be careful using this company if you go through a 3rd party . Will still push you to buy their insurance even after you tell them you have already purchased. Tried to show them evidence to stop paying twice. Was told to contact the Australian office when we returned from our holiday in NZ. 1st contacted Brisbane office manager who talked over the top of me and told me it was all my fault. Completely rude and arrogant. Rang inquires who told me it was not their problem and no matter what " you… Read Full Review

“Waist of time ”

Written on: 19/06/2016 by anDickson11 (1 review written)

No one answers emails& phone calls we r trying to get them to complete work done on the car which we had a very small Bump a 5 inch crack on the bumper thay have got 900dollersfor it ,all we want is a final bill to claim from our insurance We have been waiting over 3 month .this is a joke ,I am a wheelchair bound penshoner so iwe need a car… Read Full Review

“Shocking service from start to finish...broke down!!! ”

Written on: 05/04/2016 by ZanderSuarez (1 review written)

I booked through rentalcars.com and didn't receive confirmation email which I normally do but money was taken straight away. I arrived at airport no sign on east coast car company so asked at hertz. They said eastcoast was OFF SITE which wasn't told to me and it was closed at 8.05pm. I had to pay for taxi to Sydney CBD and go back next day to get car service was very slow. Car was dirty with scratches and a baby seat(not needed). Nissan wasn't a nice car to drive. I had bad feeling from the… Read Full Review

“Rent a Wreck?”

Written on: 02/04/2016 by ElizabethBoot (1 review written)

Rented from Sydney Airport on 5 March 2016. After telephoning to say we had arrived at Sydney Airport, we waited over 30 minutes for the shuttle. The driver then parked on the hashed lines at the end of the pick up area. We are in our late 70s and he stood and watched as we struggled to get our luggage to the shuttle bus more than 100 metres. Then the car they offered us had clearly had a bang at the back as both rear wings were damaged. We asked for a different car. This was refused as… Read Full Review

“1st they wanted me to pay $150 extra for a bit of sand...”

Written on: 02/01/2016 by Penningtonxz432 (1 review written)

1st they wanted me to pay $150 extra for a bit of sand in the car, which would easily be removed by a vacuumcleaner (I did it with a cloth and prevented the costs, but it wasn't much sand in the first place. 2nd they charged me for a day extra, because I picked the car up early. On the day I said I would wait in their office till the right time, but they said it was ok to take the car already. Upon return they charged for a full day extra, and wouldn't even allow me to have the car for the… Read Full Review

“Great service”

Written on: 27/09/2015

Recently rented a vehicle from East Coast Car Rental in Melbourne. The shuttle service was excellent, waiting for me when I arrived. Driver was friendly and professional. Counter staff were only too eager to please and offer advice etc. No complaints re staff or car. I shall definitely be renting from them from now on. Keep up the good work… Read Full Review

U must have been lucky

“Friendly, Professional Service”

Written on: 02/07/2015

Lovely, clean car. The inside smelled of dampness a little, so maybe a discreetly placed air freshener could be left in the car. The free shuttle bus pick up from the airport to the office to pick up the car was initially confusing, being the first time we used this company. But now that we know the routine, it will be easy to organise next time. The service was friendly and professional and we will certainly use East Coast again… Read Full Review

Dhoff's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2015

Just to clarify our review above, we hired the car in Melbourne for two days. After we rang them from the Airport upon arrival, their shuttle bus picked us up at the designated point within the 15 mins they said. We avoided the toll roads, so had no problem with this. We had experienced the $1000 credit card hold with other companies, so that was not unexpected. (We have not checked the deposit of that cost since arriving home!) We had read all of their fineprint before we booked with them, so we know what to expect. (That is an important thing to do when you hire from any company!!) They were able to take us to the airport almost immediately when we took the car back. Maybe we were just lucky, but we would hire from them again. They were more thorough than some other car hire companies (major ones!) that we have dealt with.

“Terrible Service”

Written on: 05/09/2014 by zangrande (1 review written)

I am trying to cancel my reservation with them (R0BNXM) for the past 3 weeks but can't complete phone call from Brazil an they don't answer my e-mails. I would never recommend them to anyone. I am 2 weeeks from my reservation and can't cancel it... Looking for their reservation policy, they will charge my credit card full due their bad service. Move away from them… Read Full Review

“Top Car Hire Company.”

Written on: 01/09/2014 by ljMcCabe403 (1 review written)

Hired a car for 19 days Very good Price,we arrived at Sydney International Airport, rang them from the pickup point. they were there in no time at all. When we arrived at the depot the service was fast and very pleasant and in no time we were on our way. We covered 3000kms28/8/14, when we returned the car it was checked and in no time at all we were delivered to international airport. All the people were very polite,pleasant and gave us TOP service, would recommend this rental company to… Read Full Review

“Would Not Recommend”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by Madysonb338 (1 review written)

I would not recommend this company. 45 minute wait at the airport whilst being told the van had turned up and we were not there. It was 8pm and the car park was empty. It could not have missed us. They just lied. Got to office and same story as the others - insurance! Despite booking online via THEIR agent and paying the additional insurance we were told our credit card would have a very large sum of money held against it. Nice guy on the counter who did his best although service very slow… Read Full Review

“Never Again !!”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by Andersonua77 (1 review written)

We rented a car from EastCoast at Melbourne airport and created a 30 Day Melbourne road Toll account online with CityLink. (Covers CityLink and EastLink). All good until 6 months later we received 2 Police infringement notices for driving an unregistered vehicle on Eastlink toll road, despite it being covered by the CityLink Melbourne pass Eastlink failed to recognise the vehicle as it was apparently registered in Queensland and not Victoria. This would have just resulted in a Toll fee but… Read Full Review

Aniket1's Comment

Written on: 14/09/2014

I have had exactly the same issue with them this year!! I guess if the car was registered in the state, but the toll hadn't been paid it would be a case of just paying the toll fee, but the higher infringement penalty is for not actually being registered in Victoria at all? Still trying to get my head around this!

Read 1 Comment

“For me - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!”

Written on: 13/03/2014

We had a prepaid car for 19 days. Sure, it was cheap but only on the first view! When we picked up the car they wanted us to pay extra 95 AUD for some fees we never heared about before. I presented my pre paied Voucher but they didn't accept it. The supervisor asked us to pay the difference and we should write him a mail with the details and he will take care about it and answer our mail. By the way.... We had to pay the exact amount because they don't have any change! !! Hello?!?! Till… Read Full Review

Comsort's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2014

I've had Avis charge me extra on a pre-paid voucher too, so it's not just them.
How did you book? direct or via a broker? Broker websites don't load all the correct facts.

We have been waiting 3 month and still no father faulword

Read 2 Comments

“Never again”

Written on: 25/02/2014 by RalfandMarian (1 review written)

Our first review ever. But we are so angry at this company after booking a car with them for a week and returning it today, that we have to let others know!! We booked online with autoeurope who somehow passed on our contract to eastcoast car rentals. We booked via a comparison site, where autoeurope (east coast car rental) gave a good deal. about 30 $ per day. we paid up front with credid card as we live in europe. once we got to the office in Cairns, we were explained the insurance… Read Full Review

“East Coast Car Rentals- Avoid at all costs....”

Written on: 16/09/2013 by Bunty1966 (1 review written)

I wouldn't advise anyone to use East Coast Car Rentals, they have poor customer service, my sister had a small prang in her rental car, they were very quick to deduct the $3000 deposit(as per their T&C's), even though it was a no fault claim (guy opened car door on her, admitted liability) back in April 2013, we are still waiting for an update on the claim six months on, I have started to call and chase every few weeks, they only have one person to process claims, who only works part time a few… Read Full Review

“AVOID this company if you do not want to get angry!”

Written on: 28/06/2013 by harveyspecter (1 review written)

Expect to wait 50 minutes at Sydney T2 arrivals for shuttle! I called on arrival at the T2 terminals and was promised a shuttle within 15 minutes. After 25 minutes I called again to find out what was happening and the lady on the phone said "we are having some traffic delays and will be there in another 10 minutes" so we waited. 20 minutes later we noticed another couple had arrived at the pickup bay where we were waiting and within 5 minutes the shuttle arrived. This would evidently suggest… Read Full Review

“HIDDEN FEES and breach of contract law!”

Written on: 26/02/2013 by shorty85 (1 review written)

Ive had a very bad experience with them as well, surfers paradise branch. The sales rep told me as well there were limited cars but he would be able to get me one for the dates i needed. So i was happy and thought wow this company sound perfect. I made the booking, picked up the car a few days later and then returned it when i was supposed to. Now i dont live in Australia, and they decide to deduct 110 dollars from my card and said its for infringement reasons for passing a toll station up by… Read Full Review

Jmeow's Response to shorty85's Review

Written on: 06/03/2013

I agree. I am in a similar situation and was charged $55 on my credit card for no reason and when I called up initially, they kept insisting they couldn't find my records when I supplied my first and last name as they would require the reservation number.

The car was hired 3 months ago and I did not keep the paperwork and they said there's nothing they can do to bring up my records.

So i had to do a lot of digging and finally found the reservation number and the lady said that the charge for for a toll processing fee as I failed to pay for a toll charge and this was explained to me when I picked up the car.

I told her there was no way I would know I would have to pay a toll charge if I wasn't told I had used a road with a toll charge.

She said she did send across an email on the 25/2, which I insisted she forwarded to me again as I never did receive such an email.

Checked the email address in her system and it was correct and she said the email might have gone to spam if my security setting were set to high.

I did notice that the amount was charged on my credit card on the 26/2 and would like to find out how that email sent on the 25/2 was even a warning of the infringment. For all I know, the amount to be deducted on my credit card could have been pending since the 25/2.

This is absurd and I was told I still have to pay the $55 (toll charge should be $5 or less) regardless.

My question - > How will anyone know they would need to pay a toll charge if they are foreigners and aren't familiar with the roads here in Australia ?

Also, shouldn't there be adequate reminders to pay off the toll charge before being charged an exorbitant "processing" fee by the car hire company ?

This will definitely not be the end of it for me and I urge everyone to think twice before booking with a car hire company that seems too cheap to be true.

Read 1 Comment

“Quality of vehicle and overcgarging.”

Written on: 04/02/2013 by Georgealfred (1 review written)

The vehicle, a Hyundai Getz was quite old and fine on the level . When encountering a hill, however the car struggled! It was a good price, but on he day,i,was to take the car back, we had extreme weather conditions. We were on the edge of a cyclone and there was flooding and trees across the road. We set off for the car rental office but were turned back. On e back at home we tried to contact the car rental office, but could not get a reply, the phone just kept ringing. My son contated the… Read Full Review

“Shocker experience”

Written on: 22/01/2013 by kiwionline (1 review written)

Overall I was incredibly disappointed with the service at East Coast Rentals We had more than a 45 minute wait at the airport even though they knew what time we were landing and I rang from the arrivals hall before we were processed. I had tired children with me and when I rang to find out what was taking so long I was told they were hoping to "find another van to be a shuttle". Considering everyone books with arrival times and flights, I am surprised they were so unprepared. I then had no… Read Full Review

“East Coast Car Rentals is a scam check ACCC laws and...”

Written on: 25/10/2012

I had an appointment on the sunshine coast yesterday and needed a car for 6 hours as I was to FIFO the same day. From the moment I walked in to East coast Car rentals,I felt like I was trapped Unfamiliar with Brisbane the shuttle took me to their office and the guy who is supposed to process the rental started to sell me insurance as I didn't opt for it at the time of booking I told him that I didn't want it, so he said O.K. then I will just need to take $1000 from your card. The guy at… Read Full Review

Southcelito's Comment

Written on: 03/11/2012

Just rented from them and had paid out the insurance through a third party booking site called holidayautos.co.uk. I was told my insurance was not valid and I had to accept a hold of $3000 on my card or no car. In the end I paid the $46 excess reduction and $386 was held on my card. If this illegal I am happy to peruse them as it couldn't be further from the airport, as we had booked.

Comsort's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2014

Your insurance is valid. There are two contracts in play - the one between you and the car hire firm and you and the 3rd party insurance firm. If you had an accident, then the car hire firm would take the cost off your card. You then claim it back via your 3rd party insurance. That has got nothing to do with the car hire firm.

Written on: 20/06/2016

This is fair enough but I have been waiting over 3 month for a final invoice so can't claim from my insurance is it Adelaide r all thay as bad

Read 3 Comments