Sports Direct - sportsdirect.com

Sports Direct - sportsdirect.com
1.6

Sports Direct - sportsdirect.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sports Direct - sportsdirect.com

“DONT BUY NIKE TECH FROM sports direct ”

written by Hibonuura on 14/06/2024

Don't buy Nike tech from sports direct its fake and changes colour after 1 wash. The material is fake I brought it for my son and after 2 hand washes it has changed from black to brown

“Avoid!”

written by MWMFL on 12/06/2024

Bought a pair of Nike Trainers online from Sports Direct, arrived fine but trainers started to squeak badly when worn and now, after 3 months moderate use, they are falling apart. Worried these are counterfeit. SC customer services say they are not, but just want to fob me off with bland apologies, will not refund even after looking at a photo and will not pay for return to them for further inspection. I have no confidence they will even look at them if I did return them as they just don’t seem to care. In short, don’t buy online from SD, buy from a shop where you can see the shoes before buying. SD do not care and customer service is appalling…and they know it.

“Next day delivery, arrived in 3 days”

written by Mazhar00 on 11/06/2024

Paid £12 for next day delivery but received in 3days. Contacted customer service and was told that they'll give me a 10% discount delivery next time I order. I just bought two sneakers. Do they think it's on my monthly shopping list. Absolutely pathetic.

“No refund for returned product!!! ”

written by Conway289 on 06/06/2024

I want to warn other people about Sports Direct practices.... I have ordered two items which unfortunately I had to return. I got refunded for one item only. After waiting patiently for two weeks I have decided to contact customer service to ask about the second part of my refund (almost £60....) After investigating the case they contacted me again saying that I DIDN'T RETURN the shoes so they cannot refund the money.... Absolutely unacceptable. So now, I have got no shoes and no money... Be aware!!! They're just taking people's money!!!! Not even interested in resolving the problem!!! After multiple complaints all I got back was "sorry for inconvenience".... Worst company ever!!!

“refund policy”

written by Emerson61 on 29/05/2024

So bank holiday Monday gone to Sports Direct in Stanway Colchester bought a pair of trainers,paid cash(biggest mistake) gone home and rechecked the size was too big for me than next day 28th on Tuesday gone back for return/refund for £119.99 a pair of addidas trainers! Wish I never purchased anything there and most certainly won't be shopping there ever again. Now I have to deal with that credit note as they told me on the day of return that..." you are able to return the items, but our policy clearly states in all of our stores that when returning an item you will not be refunded cash but a credit note" . consumer rights act from 2015 doesn't apply to them? although the Manager not up for that job ...no manners just bored saying only " credit note " that's really appalling please just in the future let customers know about this

“Disgusting company ”

written by Lyndonp on 17/05/2024

I was given false information sold a pair of trainers I cannot use. When I complained I got abuse in the shop and ignored online

“Never buy online!”

written by TrevorD57 on 07/05/2024

The Sketchers as always a great product! Just never buy anything from Sports Direct online! Paid an extra £4.99 to go and collect them at Sports Direct Aldershot. Charged a delivery fee for Click and Collect. Absolutely shocking service. When I realised what they do, was unable to cancel and get a refund. Can't speak to anyone at the Online Centre and staff at their Aldershot store just put their hands in the air! WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SPORTS DIRECT AGAIN, ONLINE OR IN STORE!

“Disgusting service ”

written by Laz2daz on 02/05/2024

Absolutely disgusting service I ordered baby size 8 trainer when the box arrived said 8 on box but inside was size 12 shoes,I had to send loads of photos to customer service because they wanted me to pay another 4.99 to return them so I got a free label because I sent photos, I booked the courier to collect he was meant to come 3 days running so kept waiting in no courier have contacted sports direct and they stated they could rearrange a courier again I said no, couldn't exchange in store, they stated partial refund of 2.40 what a laugh, absolutely disgusting won't shop in sports direct again Date of experience: 02 May 2024

“Cannock team members”

written by Myacount5 on 27/04/2024

I would just like to say how fantastic my shopping experience was today as I was looking for a pair of hiking shoes in your Cannock store the staff were all very friendly & helpful especially one member of staff who went above and beyond to help me get the right pair & never got tired of getting me endless pairs to try absolute second to none customer service I left the shop very happy & will be returning soon well done to all the team

“You superstar!”

written by Dawn80886 on 21/04/2024

Today I came to the Halifax store with my autistic son, without hesitation the assistant approached us to ask if we needed help or were looking for anything in particular, he was such a love, explaining how his had lasted a number of years etc and best designs for use, to the tills this young lad was a pleasure to be around, making a usually uncomfortable experience one me and my son would participate in again tomorrow! And SD weldone for finding the diamond in the rough!

“Pathetic customer service”

written by MichaelCarver404 on 18/04/2024

I ordered clothing from Sports direct, which was failed to be delivered. They have refused to refund my order despite showing proof that the ‘proof of delivery’ was utter rubbish and in no way indicated my parcel was delivered. Utterly pathetic behaviour.

“Reading Broad St Sports Direct ”

written by Benton3 on 08/04/2024

We visited the Sports Direct store in Reading, UK today, and unfortunately, our experience with customer service was extremely poor due to one of your staff members. Normally, our experiences with Sports Direct are positive, but today was an exception. As a regular customer who has visited several outlets, I must say that his behavior was unacceptable. Initially I asked him whether he can help to find a particular shoe, he said to check the bored about sizes. Then I by myself checked and I politely asked him if he could assist me in checking the availability of a shoe pair in size 11 ( according to the board that model produce size 11) as he seemed to be free while others were busy, he responded in a rude and aggressive manner. Instead of calmly addressing my request, he raised his voice and aked me " YOU SHOULD WAIT PATIENTLY " for another staff member to assist me ( But he was free) . Check the CCTV footage for his behaviour. As someone with a background in customer service, I find it concerning that this may be his regular behavior. I believe he is not suitable for representing such a reputable organization. I kindly request that to advised and trained on how to properly handle customer interactions.

“Aspen Low Mens Walking Shoes”

written by Jaylah160 on 05/04/2024

Bought these and they very comfortable and one of my favorite pair of shoes . Im very outdoorsie and use these shoes regularly however the soles are extremely slippery on almost every surface, especially when wet. It so bad that I have to be careful at the pace I walk and surfaces I walk on, there is almost no grip. Definitely not to be used outdoors. Very dissapointing

“Order never delivered, no support from customer support ”

written by 1964Kehoe on 21/01/2024

Purchase never received. Delivery company chosen by SD very poor reputation. SD refused to take responsibility for non delivery. Terrible service, money paid and no product received. Extremely unsatisfactory Extremely 0 stars

“Avoid at all costs!”

written by 248Rees on 03/12/2023

Avoid at all costs! Paid extra for next day delivery. Took over a week to deliver. Once delivered found item was wrong! Contacted CS on Twitter. Waste of time as they keep saying I had not sent DM when I had screenshot proof I did. Managed to find CS email and send complaint. Took days to reply for them to say they believe they had sent the correct item. Replied with proof of order confirmation and photos of item received vs order confirmation photos. They are not replying to my request for a refund. Stores will not accept returns/refunds from online purchase. Next stop is trading standards under Trade description act. I will never use this company ever again as they lie through their teeth.

“DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DO NOT SHOP FROM THEM”

written by IO-reviewer on 18/10/2023

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DO NOT SHOP FROM THEM. They deserve -5 stars. Arrogant, ineffective and completely out of their depth. Cannot handle a basic order, miscommunicate and now still no refund after 4 weeks. Contacting my credit card provider. Customer Service a joke!

“Atrocious staff attitude.”

written by MrGWalsh on 13/10/2023

Atrocious Customer service from staff members. I bought a pair of trainers in Sports direct Ballymena yesterday. I discovered when I got home that they were faulty so took them back today. They didn't have another pair in my size. I was refused a refund as the Customer advisor who had no people skills, said it was a factory fault and not the fault of Sportsdirect. He gave me a credit note and informed me it can't be used online. I told him that I wanted a refund to use to purchase a pair from their online store. He still refused and told me I could use the voucher to purchase something else from.the shop. I told him I didn't want anything else and only wanted to purchase the shoes. He didnt care and has just lost his shop a customer.

“Recent experience ”

written by Keller1956 on 07/10/2023

Customer service is appalling. I will never buy from here again. Products left on wrong shelves with misleading prices. Manager was extremely rude. Felt insulted. Was about to spend £200 but due to poor service, I walked out.

“DO NOT BUY OFF THESE OR JACK WILLS ONLINE. ordered 3...”

written by Tinajd on 05/10/2023

DO NOT BUY OFF THESE OR JACK WILLS ONLINE. ordered 3 items, 2 turn up , but lie that they sent the 3rd item. Customer service is an absolute joke. Ignore your requests for proof they sent item. My 15 year old bought this for herself, but yet they will not send her item she did not receive a jack wills hoodie. Will not let you make a complaint or speak to a person in charge. Will never shop with these ever again. By the looks of other reviews, they are known for being like this. Deserve to go out of business treating customers this way.

“Returns/exchanges policies”

written by Raiden102 on 01/10/2023

I just contacted the chat service online for a return , for me it will be an exchange, I like my purchase but it is a bit small. I am very disappointed about your returns/exchanges policies. Because I ordered online. I cannot exchange this purchase in a shop. Be aware!

Asked by Sports17 on 8th September 2017 Report this content
Hi I bought a pair of trainers from sports direct online.they are not to my satisfaction as my husband is a size nine but the trainers are at least two sizes to small so I need to send them back.I'm asking if I could take them to my local sports direct shop and exchange them possibly ?

Answers (1)
Report this content cliffwelwyn Written on: 09/09/2017
you have to send them back to them and you have to pay the postage.you can't take them to the shop.
Asked by claire592007 on 27th September 2016 Report this content
Can you get a refund or an exchange for a child bathing suit? I bought an aged 11-12 for my 9 year old daughter and it's still tiny on her. It still has every sticker and price on it.

Answers (1)
Report this content sayitasitis2012 Written on: 28/09/2016
You will have more chance of climbing Everest than getting a refund from this outfit . Check your consumer rights before going back to the store.
Asked by skeptic123 on 16th April 2016 Report this content
I have read a tonne of really bad reviews of this particular website and was wondering if my $40 order (plus $10 shipping) was worth the risk? I have 2 pairs of soccer socks ($5 each), a pair of women's running shorts ($20) and a grey hoodie ($13), all these items are in my shopping bag but I was a little hesitant to put my credit card details in and to risk receiving bad quality items. I live in Australia, so is ordering on sports direct worth it? Or should I just pay more and go instore to another sports apparel store? Thanks

Answers (2)
Report this content stricklin Written on: 18/04/2016
I believe they are safe to buy from but based on my experience if / when it goes wrong prepare for a long, slow, dishonest battle. My order / delivery never arrived and I have to say the customer service people were the worst I have ever come across in my life. Personally I would buy items from anyone other than Sports Direct from now on as I do not believe in dealing with / supporting companies who happily treat customers as badly as I was treated. I would rather support reputable retailers. I did eventually get a refund for the order I never received so I think they are safe but if you can buy elsewhere then do. Give your money to people who appreciate it...
Report this content sayitasitis2012 Written on: 18/04/2016
All the negative reports should be self explanatory. It is not just customers who are treated appallingly. Their warehouse staff are similarly treated, as has been exposed by more than one television programme. I have bought things from them in the past when I wanted something cheap and quickly. you get what you pay for but if something isn't t your satisfaction then good luck in getting it resolved. I have reviewed his company last year I think. i will not use them again, happy to pay perhaps a little more for better quality in the knowledge that I am giving my custom to a company that I am of the opinion that treats its customers and employees as they should be treated.
Asked by Colleend1 on 28th July 2014 Report this content
How do I cancel a pre order on Sports Direct?

Asked by sal112 on 10th March 2014 Report this content
I didn't receive an order confirmation email after placing my order on Sports Direct. When I log in clearly in my 'Order History' I can see the three items I have ordered and their tracking number. But I cannot trace this apparently until it is dispatched? I am now afraid and feel suspicious, have I good reason to be? Help please.

Answers (5)
Report this content 4PEE Written on: 11/03/2014
Dear member Don't be to afraid, Can't remember if they send out a confirmation email but they deliver very quickly so give them to the end of the week if not received get on to them.
Report this content sunnyinsuffolk Written on: 11/03/2014
Tracking is handled by the courier - it isn't available until the parcel enters the couriers system, which is usually late at night on the day it was dispatched - I am sure if you check the next morning tracking will be there.
Report this content petejc21 Written on: 11/03/2014
Check your spam folder you mong. Sportsdirect are genuine. If your order doesn't arrive when it should give them a call or email.
Report this content Novak.N.Goode Written on: 11/03/2014
Don't worry. You can't track until it has been actually collected by the courier. I have used Sports Direct many times and whilst not always perfect, they do actually deliver. If you have problems with the goods when they arrive, there is a free returns option which is not well advertised.
Report this content JJ1 Written on: 12/03/2014
For me, the only hassle-free part of the experience was provided by the courier, Yodel, who kept me very well informed. So, hopefully, your fears will be abated once your order is dispatched. If you do need to email SD, I advise writing 'Do not ignore!' as part of your subject line - they only responded once I did that, and my refund followed soon after.