Suntransfers.com Reviews - www.suntransfers.com

Media Gallery for Suntransfers.com www.suntransfers.com

Suntransfers.com www.suntransfers.com

“Worst company ever”

Written on: 02/09/2022

Sun Transfer. Worst company ever. First of all they are the middle man and make the arrangement with other cab service companies to pick up and drop off. Arrived at the airport and no one there to pick us up. Couldn't get in touch with anyone. No phone number for them. Took an hour to find somewhere to in get touch with them from one of the other drivers at the airport. They couldn't find our paid pickup info. Had to wait another hour for them to arrange for someone to pick us up. Then on the return trip back to airport 5 days later again no one came to the hotel to pick us up and it was shown as a no show since no one was in the lobby. Was only able to speak with them thru a chat app at which time they told us a driver showed up at 1:30 am to pick us up. Told them our flight didn't leave till 1:30 pm so why would someone show up at 1:30 am. And why if a driver showed up wouldn't they call us and say they were in the lobby or at least go to the front desk and have the front desk call the room. After talking with them for an hour was told by them it would take 30 days for someone to respond to us about this and more than likely won't receive a refund. I ended up having to go to the front desk and pay for and arrange for another company to come and pick us up. Never again will i use them. Contacted the hotel who recommended them on the website and they are reviewing them.

“SUN TRANSFERS - DO NOT USE!”

Written on: 15/08/2022 by JENNIE78 (1 review written)

Unreliable Transfer Company We used Sun Transfers in Jul 22 in Rome. I have lodged a complaint with the company twice now and received no response even though I was told we would. Issues encountered 1. Sun Transfers cancelled our booked transfer just as we were travelling to the airport, via an email and a call up. We were travelling Friday with taxi booked for Sunday morn from Rome to Cruise Port, no offer to find alternative for us, this left me searching for transfers whilst travelling. Reason provided broken taxi! 2. After arriving in Rome, we waited an hour and 15 mins for our taxi from airport to Rome centre to turn up. At this point I rang the not so helpful helpline as per instructions, only to be rudely shouted at by customer services about reading the instructions, i kept advising I was reading the instructions having had a copy in front of me, she continued to rant at me, even shouting! I could not get a word in, eventually I managed to stop the lady by abruptly shouting hello continually at her, eventually she checked our customer docs and advised we hadn’t been sent a second email where the instructions were changed. We were then told to standby, a call returned 15 mins later and no taxi, the taxi had broken down again! Huge apologies and told to log complaint when back in UK. 3. I advised customer services I would not use them again and was very disappointed about both let downs. 4. I had a 3rd transfer booked and attempted to cancel, expecting to be refunded given the experience over one weekend! I have emailed this, I was told to log a claim and a response is received in 30 days, no response 3 emails later. 5. Beware, i have been refunded for two of our trips but took an FX hit of £25 for both trips as invoiced in Euros. I have always used this company and albeit they were always late and never there holding the sign with your name on it as they advise, but to not turn up and then to be shouted at by customer services on what should be a happy occasion commencing your holiday, it was completely out of order and your agent should be re-trained on customer service handling. I don’t usually write many reviews however I didn’t want other holiday makers going through the same drama as we did! We have since used booking.com with no drama

“Disgraceful treatment by Sun Transfers ”

Written on: 30/07/2022 by Quinlan216 (1 review written)

DO NOT use this firm. Absolutely atrocious. Booked a return journey from Faro Airport to Vilamoura in February for a trip in July and paid in advance.Arrived in Faro and met the driver and boarded the vehicle only to be told there was no air conditioning and the windows wouldn't go down. In 35 degree heat. Guy then proceed to drive, in my opinion with very little regards for the 3 children that were on board. Couldn't wait to get out as one of my daughters was feeling ill as a result. So as to avoid this on the return, I emailed the company mid holiday to ask them to ensure their "premium minivan van" had air conditioning etc. No reply. Emailed again. Nothing. Morning of the return flight they didn't show up. No phone call nothing. It was around half an hour after our pick up time than a very rude woman arrived and with the help of our hotel receptionist translating said she was an uber who was collecting us on behalf of Sun Transfers. In a hatchback car!!!! It was now 12 noon and our flight was at 2 so we were panicking and children were quite frightened. When we eventually got through to them, they told me they were sorry, the had no vehicles and that I should arrange my own transfer. Even though this was booked and paid for in advance. At this stage we were less than 2 hours from our flight time. Our hotel got us a private van in the end and the driver whos English was excellent asked me what happened. When I told him, it turns out that he has had to rescue quite a few Sun Transfer customers this summer. All in the same situation as me. He provided a receipt which I have forwarded to Sun Transfers who are yet to reply. I have given them 24 hours to reply otherwise I will take legal action against them. This was an extremely stressful situation we were left in by a firm who think its ok to take your money in advance and then do this? AVOID!!!!!

“Do not use this company!!!!”

Written on: 21/07/2022 by umMeyer286 (1 review written)

I would give this company no stars if i could! We booked transfer in Amsterdam from the cruise terminal to the airport for an early flight. We waited at the designated meeting point for 45 min. Before booking a taxi to make our flight. Others were being picked up at the meeting point by other company’s. We were the last ones there and no driver in sight. 4 adults searched the entire outside area. Calls to the listed phone numbers were unable to connect. Following notification to the company and waiting 1 1/2 months, we were told there would be no refund as the driver said he was there! Deplorable! To think they would take the word of one person over 4 adults!!!! Never use this company if you want reliable service that you can be assured will be at the assigned area for pick up. PS. This as actually the second time to use the company. The first was a no show as well! Thinking this a fluke we gave them a 2nd try based on reviews. It wasn’t! Won’t ever use this company again!!!!

“WORST COMPANY EVER, DO NOT BOOK, TRANSFER DID NOT SHOW UP”

Written on: 14/07/2022 by LudmilaMurasova (1 review written)

We have booked transfer from Pisa Airport to Marina di Bibbon a in Tuscany, Italy with Suntransfers. Total cost was €137.80 which was taken from my card immediately on confirmation. When we arrived there was NO TRANSFER, NO DRIVER, NO CAR. We landed at midnight with two exhausted kids who were promised a private driver waiting on us with their names on it, disappointment is an understatement. I went to live chat and have been advised that they can’t get in touch with the driver and we have to get a taxi and pay for it ourselves. I asked them to arrange a local taxi for us and settle for it as there was none at the airport at the time and my request was declined. They said book a taxi and we will refund you. Airport taxi cost €140. One month later I`m still waiting on refund. There was no acknowledgement of their failure to provide service we booked, no apology. I have received email looking for feedback to which I replied and of course it wasn’t posted to their website, no follow up either. Every time I call they say there is a backlog and no one can do anything for me. Today Customer Service representative told me he can do nothing, no one can do anything and hanged up on me when I was asking to email Quality Department who deal with refunds and CC me on his response. Company is complete joke and staff is highly unprofessional. Never again will I book with the company or recommend to anyone I know. Stay away, you will get no transfer or refund!

“Pre-paid taxi didn't turn up, still refused a refund!”

Written on: 12/05/2022 by sukeyro (1 review written)

I booked and paid for a Suntransfers taxi to collect us on arrival at Corfu airport. I'd been trying to contact Suntransfers all day to let them know our flight was delayed but it was impossible to get through to anyone, just Suntransfers appalling 'live chat', which is just a bot spitting out phrases. We arrived an hour and a half late but the Suntransfers booking voucher was clear they monitor flight arrivals. However, when we arrived, there was no driver. We checked the arrival point, we wandered around all the outside, checked inside (Corfu airport is small) and no driver. After 15 minutes, we gave up and got another taxi. This would have been bad enough, but Suntransfers point blank refused to refund me! They pretended the driver was there all along (he wasn't - Suntransfers rang me when I was 15 minutes into my journey in the other taxi to say he'd arrived) and then said they would only refund me if I could prove the driver wasn't there! Suntransfers is unreliable and can't even acknowledge and do the right thing when they cocked up.

“Rectified my booking error without drama”

Written on: 10/05/2022 by robthebank (1 review written)

I made a group booking for a large minibus (6 people and bikes) in Palma, Mallorca, but made a mistake and accidentally reserved for a month later than our trip. We arrived in Palma, called the company when we realised and without missing a beat they got a driver to us within 10 minutes and re-organised/re-confirmed with no drama and no cost. Cannot fault the service and will definitely use them again. Thank you for tidying up my error without making me feel an idiot!

“Awful service avoid”

Written on: 17/04/2022 by AndyScho (1 review written)

Stay well clear. You will not get what you think you have paid for and they are an awful company to try and communicate with. We booked a VIP car (s-class) to collect us from Barcelona Airport. What collected us was not what we paid for. In Uber terms an exec (e-class) turned up - and not even a higher spec one. In fact in the following days we spotted several street cabs which were in higher specification. When disputing with the company they were unhelpful on the day, advising we should not have got in the car!?! Then subsequently silent in response for several days until non stop badgering brought an offer of a 23 euro refund. This did not even cover the difference in cost between the two classes of vehicle, without considering the personal embarrassment caused. There was also the absence of an apology. They did however offer us a good will 10% discount to use next time...... I think however that next time we will be sure to use a reputable company! They completely let us down.

“Awful customer service no refund ”

Written on: 20/03/2022 by Corbett481 (1 review written)

Awful service, save your money and don’t use them. First off, for a premium car service, the cars they send aren’t premium to say the least. Beaten up Mercedes taxi isn’t a premium car. I booked a car service in Cyprus to pick me up from the airport and drive me to Paphos. The taxi driver waiting for me was rude and very unprofessional. He refused to drive me because I had a bike bag with me. After trying to shove my $10,000 bike into the back of the car, he proceeded to shout aggressively at me. I was a female traveling solo and his aggressive rude behavior was frightening. Needless to say I walked away and took a taxi from the airport. Later I contacted the company and explained the situation, their response was pathetic. They refused to refund me for a service that wasn’t provided for me and proceeded to try to guilt me that any complaint about the driver would cause his dismissal which is something they wouldn’t feel good about. Never in my life was I treated with utter disrespect, this company doesn’t understand or value customer service.

“no refund”

Written on: 12/01/2022 by Bradshawok213 (1 review written)

refund processed, check with bank and nothing . called them and recieved another email again saying refund being processed but could take any amount of time to be done , called them again to be told that they couldnt refund back to my card because of the time period , recieved another email asking for my bank details and after supplying that got yet another email claiming refund would be made , well guess what still no refund. no i am not saying they will not transfer you but should you have to cancel and ask for a refund be aware they dont

“NEVER USE THEM AGAIN - COMPLETE RIPOFF”

Written on: 10/09/2021 by qpUrquhart283 (1 review written)

When we got to the Arrivals terminal, the driver (who was still in his car when we arrived as we heard the turn signal) repeatedly told us to meet him at "gate 5". We had no idea where a Gate 5 was, especially as the confirmation email advised us the driver would be waiting for us at the Arrivals area. Keep in mind we were travelling with six suitcases and had just gotten off an eleven hour flight with the full expectation that our driver would be waiting for us with a sign, which was the convenience we paid 120 euros for. Nevertheless, we tried to help him find us by sending him photos / telling him exactly where we were. This was extremely stressful, and our driver soon became uncommunicative. Stranded at the airport, we had no choice but to take a taxi to our destination in Paris.

“Suntransfers A Complete Disaster”

Written on: 26/06/2021 by Varunatravels (1 review written)

December 2020 I booked a Private Taxi ( 36,89 euro ) at Suntransfers.com from Lanzarote airport to Costa Teguise v.v. I needed direct transport because of an appointment at my destination. On arrival there was no driver waiting. A french speaking couple had the same problem with Suntransfers. After 40 minutes I called Suntransfers. 15 minutes later the driver appeared. Wrongly informed by the office was his explaination. Result: I missed my appointment. May 2021 I booked again the same arrangement. Result: No driver at the meeting place. (the shuttle parking) “Your driver or a representative will be waiting for you with a sign or a tablet showing the - lead passenger's name or the Suntransfers.com logo” : Absolutely not ! Later, and after calling Suntransfers, the comfortable private taxi happened to be an ordinairy bumpy touringcar and finally from far came a man that seemed to be the driver. No sign on the “taxi” no sign with the driver. So this was the second time I missed an appointment. Suntransfers didn’t keep the agreement and statements on their booking site and our contract at all: 1- Complete peace of mind immediate pick-up: NO 2- Travel stress free!: NO 3- Find a hassle-free journey to your destination: NO 4- Speedy - we’ll get you to your destination quickly: NO 5- Your driver or a representative will be waiting for you with a sign or a tablet showing the lead passenger's name or the Suntransfers.com logo : NO 7- Private Taxi with capacity for 4 passengers Vehicle may differ from image: This vehicle may be upgraded to one with greater capacity depending on availability. The bumpy touringcar wasn’t my greatest concern but upgrade means: change it for something newer or of a better standard so: NO And 3 weeks after my complaint Suntransfers only offers me a 10 % reduction on my next booking. Come on Suntransfers, Shure you’re only in it for the money but a bit caring for your customers wouldn’t harm. For now: I had experience that Suntransfers is a complete disaster, not only on the spot but also their not caring customer “service”. A better way ?: Public transport is cheap, scheduled and you know when you’ll arrive at the destination.

“Worst experience ever!”

Written on: 17/06/2021 by AndersonHale (1 review written)

Was never picked up on April 2021 from the airport. Despite the charge and they disputed it back claiming that they did provided the transfer, so why would I pay a taxi and have a receipt to provide it. This company should not be operating if they are not going to provide the transfer. Ok. Maybe something happened and were not able to pick us up. Get it. Things happen. But why fight back for the charge if they did not provide the service.

“Terrible customer service. No show pick up ”

Written on: 06/06/2021 by RichPanama (1 review written)

I paid them to have a taxi waiting for me. No one was there. I tried to get a refund but that’s not possible. They only take money, no returns. I would have been better off just hiring anyone at the airport. What a waste of my time and money.

“Paid Sun Transfer in advance for pickup at Shanghai...”

Written on: 29/07/2020

Paid Sun Transfer in advance for pickup at Shanghai Airport. Could not locate driver upon arrival. Called Sun Transfer and waited on phone for someone to answer for 20 mins. Still no driver. We got assistance from airport personnel in arrival hall, three of us looking up and done for another 20 mins. Giving up, we located other taxi service after still looking for Sun Transfer driver. Got call back from Sun Transfer while in taxi to hotel. Suntransger agent claimed driver had been looking for us. We submitted a claim but Sun Transfer said the driver was there based on GPS tracking that the driver provided. Easy way for drivers to trick travelers--drive to the airport, get another fare, tell Suntransfer you were there and provide GPS info. We chose to book through Suntransfer for the Shanghai arrival because of an excellent prior experience using Suntransfer in Malta with a late night pickup. We no longer have any confidence in the service.

“Airport Transfer-Driver did not show up.”

Written on: 15/06/2020 by TZAFFY (1 review written)

I am not in the position to make a judgment about the service quality of Suntransfers in general, but in the greater area of New York, USA including the Newark NJ airport try to stay away from the company if you want to avoid problems. The management and the drivers they hire for that area are not reliable, they don't show up and if they do they don't wait long enough for the customers to disembark from the airplane and or they don't make an effort to meet the customer. It is better to hire a local transfer company with more reliable service. In my specific case the driver DID NOT show up.

“STAY AWAY”

Written on: 27/03/2020 by Jaybrazil (1 review written)

we booked a transfer in Brazil for about 200 euros. We called them when we had to change the time 2 hours. A very rude employee said they not only help. But they could offer a solution. Namely to cancel the trip but not refund the money. It's their way of doing business. Stay away. They take your money and they are way too expensive compared to a regular taxi. Don't use them.

“Poor service”

Written on: 23/02/2020 by Theobalds (1 review written)

No driver to meet us at Dubai international airport at arrivals on the 17/2/2020. When we were finally assited we had to walk from arrivals, via the concourse outside of the airport,walk across 3 crossings, get on a travellator and finally a lift. To meet the female driver at departures. I was travelling with my elderly parents (80/76). So to have to do this after a flight from the UK was ridiculous. On arrival to the hotel, no assistance was given by the female driver, so I off loaded the 4 large suitcases and 2 cabin cases with my husband. On are departure, our male driver was reversed into by another driver at the airport, so again we had to off load our suitcases, whilst he had a verbal exchange. There was zero communication from both drivers, no welcome to Dubai, have a safe flight, these are the places you can go and see. NOTHING, Poor customer service.- Will not use again.

“Suntransfers”

Written on: 26/01/2020 by TaniyaSchneider (1 review written)

Be aware; I had a return booking with Suntransfers.com for a ski trip Geneva Airport to Verchaix for 11 persons. All fine one way, but a disaster on the return. The company sent a vehicle for 1 person instead of 11 for the return journey. They then could not find a taxi/vehicle or alternate at 7:30 am; all booked. Two of us had to split the family, re jig boarding cards and luggage had to make our own way to Geneva Airport approx. 1.5 hrs,left us high and dry. We made our own way to the border which cost a lot of money at short notice(unreceipted as we had to persuade and beg other chalet tenants). Suntransfer.com then refused to refund my expenses and only agreed to pay the border taxi and a proportion of our return costs. Be aware. If the transfer company get it wrong, breach their contract, through negligence in communications between sub contractors/companies; you're on your own. beware..

“Late again”

Written on: 22/01/2020 by BrunoWise155 (1 review written)

I use Suntransfers everytime I go away. Unfortunately the last two times that I have been away my pickup has not been on time to meet me at the airport. This was quite distressing for me and my family, as we just wanted to get to our hotel to start our holiday.