Cougar Extreme Reviews - www.cougar-extreme.co.uk

Cougar Extreme www.cougar-extreme.co.uk - Ask a question now

“pricing”

Written on: 06/09/2017 by JamarcusRandall (1 review written)

I was watching tjc the jewellery channel they were selling this product cougr day and night cream and they also said thet they have searched the internet for a much cheaper price to which they said they could not find well it turns out I did a search myself while I was watching tjc and found the product at a much cheaper price that tjc said they could not find I found this product at amazon for a good lot less of the price tjc were selling this product for does tjc think there customers don't… Read Full Review

“illegal warranty terms”

Written on: 17/10/2013 by businesscustomer123 (1 review written)

I Paid £1500 for a pc that failed in 6 months.5 failed attempts later they want me to pay for parts despite being in warranty. Poor customer service and illegal warranty terms. AVOID!… Read Full Review

Cougarextreme's Response to businesscustomer123's Review

Written on: 25/02/2014

Misleading information here , the user in question reported an intermittant fault after 8 months however would not leave the machine with us as it was used for business and in fact did not bring it in with a view to leaving it for a longer period till the machine was a year and a half old and parts were out of warranty . The warranty terms are fully compliant with all UK legislation for business to business sales which due to the more intense use equipment is put under only require a 12 month warranty to be given.
We were more than happy to resolve the problems however the customer demanded that we replace ALL the parts with new and was not willing to leave any monies to cover parts so could have walked out with a brand new machine replaced OUT of warranty and we might never have seen him again leaving us out of pocket to the value of those parts .
The customer was aggressive and threatening despite us trying to help
The unit STILL is under our 3 year labour warranty and we would still honour this despite his behaviour
Finally I would point out that if our warranty was illegal he would have pursued the matter through the courts and tried to obtain compensation which he has not done as it was his fault for leaving things for 9 months after having problems and loosing the parts warranties before bringing it to us to repair
The Cougar team

Read 1 Comment

“They seem to think that they are doing you a favour.”

Written on: 05/06/2012 by SlubbyandSelvedge (1 review written)

When something goes wrong you learn a lot about the business that you have chosen to contract with. In my case this Is where Cougar Extreme failed epically. Knowing what I now do about this company I should have been extremely firm with them from day one. Having spent nearly 2k with CE things were not 100% from the outset. The case was slightly damaged & the ps2 port did not work. However, I let these things slide as I was eager to enjoy my expensive new PC. Now, the reason I am mentioning… Read Full Review

Cougar-Extreme's Response to SlubbyandSelvedge's Review

Written on: 23/06/2012

I have checked our records and to my knowledge your drive was posted to you via royal mail recorded delivery on the date that you were told it had been processed. It was only a few weeks later when you contacted us to request the whereabouts of your parcel that we became aware that there was a problem. After investigating this we found that your parcel was missing in the post. As you have mentioned you were given a tracking number which stated that we had posted it when we promised.
Regarding the comment about not wishing to post to the same address again prior to receiving the missing item back, you were fine with this as considering you yourself had mentioned that sometimes the post in your area was not the most reliable, it was our request to have another address provided for delivery to ensure a successful second attempt. You insisted that your parcel be sent initially to your home address prior to us receiving the second item back, to which we stated that we would be willing to do so, but as you said if the second parcel went missing we would not post to this address again.
We are sorry that you feel you have been mistreated in this situation as that was not our intention. I personally found you a pleasure to deal with over the phone and hope that we can rectify your opinion of us in the future.

Yours truly

Cougar Extreme.

Read 1 Comment

“Having had my fingers burned too many times buying...”

Written on: 23/12/2010 by Chris Jolliffe (1 review written)

Having had my fingers burned too many times buying from well-known suppliers, I have been buying pc's from recommended companies like this for a while now. I found Cougar Extreme on a random website and after reading various recommendations, decided to give them a go.
The customer services have been excellent, from my first enquiry to my latest query; they are extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The pc itself is very wlel-made (I have learned to look for neat layouts and good… Read Full Review

“I have nothing but praise for this company. I searched...”

Written on: 13/11/2010 by Hollycow (3 reviews written)

I have nothing but praise for this company. I searched for a while online and going by the excellent reviews they were gettng i decided to go with a custom built PC from them. I actually arranged to see Mario (im not local to the area) before placing an order with them. It arrived early, in one piece (the first time) and it looked incredible. Very nicely put together. But i have had problems which they emmediately sorted out. The mother board was faulty, it went back and as a very nice gesture… Read Full Review

“Having built systems for years and got bored of it, I...”

Written on: 26/02/2010 by jxmac18 (1 review written)

Having built systems for years and got bored of it, I hunted high and low for a decent company to build my next system, and found good reviews for Cougar elsewhere, so rang them to try out their customer service. I spoke to David whom I found extremely helpful and immediately placed an order. I wanted 3 year hardware support so I had to be sure they would be able to respond if things went wrong.

The website was easy to navigate and I spent around £2k putting a system together, when I raised a… Read Full Review

“First class company - very pro-active in contacting...”

Written on: 09/02/2010

First class company - very pro-active in contacting customers regarding components and possible conflict issues.
Professional build; very tidy inside with all wires and cables tied and tucked neatly away.
Had my PC that I bought from Cougar about 20 months now and not had any problems with it. Any questions that I've had they have responded to most promptly - excellent aftercare.
Delivery was on time; monitor and speaker system were both of a higher spec than ordered!
No annoying trialware on the… Read Full Review

“Fantastic machine, beautifully put together and it...”

Written on: 18/11/2009

Fantastic machine, beautifully put together and it came exactly as specified on the website. They even phoned me to say that the power supply I had selected would not fit in the box and made a couple of suggestions for a replacement. I was really impressed and would certainly use them again.

I also spoke to their customer services prior to purchase to ask a few technical questions and got a good, quick reply.

Top notch… Read Full Review

“This is the place to buy your PC. I was able to put...”

Written on: 02/07/2009 by RickB (1 review written)

This is the place to buy your PC. I was able to put together an excellent base box config for around 350.00. The PC arrived within the time they stated, it worked first boot as it already had a trial OS on it, despite the fact that I had not ordered one. I had an issue adding my original drives and cards but after a mail to Cougar someone was on the phone the next day eager to offer help and advice. This is unheard of in my experience, particularly as it did not involve any kit that they… Read Full Review

Qattusa's Response to RickB's Review

Written on: 05/11/2009

I found this review very helpful because I've had an extremely bad experience with a new Mesh PC which I've now returned and am awaiting a refund, so am back on the market for a new PC.

Glenbadham's Response to RickB's Review

Written on: 04/08/2010

Thanks for the review been spending alot of time looking around for a new pc and well after using easy-pc and about to buy from eclipse and well i think it sums up that thanks :)

Read 2 Comments

“Despite the problems I have had i rate cougar extreme...”

Written on: 24/01/2009

Despite the problems I have had i rate cougar extreme 9/10 the customer service is brilliant, they are friendly and helpfull and the computers really are good value. Also if you ask about certain pieces in a computer they will email you back the best option (and dont just go for the expensive option) they are very good at what they do and try to avoid selling bad products… Read Full Review

Qattusa's Comment

Written on: 05/11/2009

I found this review very helpful because I've just had a terrible experience with Mesh - both technical support and customer services. I'm now awaiting a refund so am back on the market for a new PC.

Read 1 Comment

“i bought a high spec gaming pc from Cougar Extreme and...”

Written on: 01/01/2009 by silver350z (1 review written)

i bought a high spec gaming pc from Cougar Extreme and it arrived and the pc kept breaking, i sent it back and they apparently replaced the hard drive. But again it broke, and it happened again and again. In the end i bought a windows xp disk and i now have to re-install windows around 1-2 times a month! my warrenty has now run out so there's nothing i can do… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to silver350z's Review

Written on: 05/06/2012

Having dealt with this company this does not surprise me. They will do the bare minimum that they are required to do & that's It.
A decent, respectful & conscious company would have sorted the problem out regardless of warranty dates etc under these circumstances.

Cougarextreme's reply to Guest's Comment

Written on: 25/02/2014

we have a 3 year warranty policy and honour it in all cases !

Cougarextreme's Response to silver350z's Review

Written on: 25/02/2014

Sorry that you had this experience , unfortunately we have had a lot of problems with courier companies and having tried a few have had similar problems with them all
Its now 2014 and we have been with APC couriers for nearly a year now and have nearly zero defects due to mishandling in transit
We have in a quite a few instances where couriers have damaged goods, rebuilt the machine and done a "swap out " and would have done so in your case had you made us aware that you still had problems, i can only assume that you did not report further faults so we had assumed the matter was resolved

The Cougar team

Read 3 Comments

“Cougar Extreme were a really good company to go with....”

Written on: 23/10/2008 by Ethix (1 review written)

Cougar Extreme were a really good company to go with. After reading a lot of reviews online about mesh and cyber power i decided to go with cougar cos they had no bad reviews. I was rewarded with great customer service and an excellent end product.

They switched my PC case around but i don't mind cos the one they replaced it with is as good as or better than the one i specified.

Yeah, i'd recommend them to anyone who wants a new pc. Great company… Read Full Review

Qattusa's Response to 412180_Ethix's Review

Written on: 05/11/2009

I found this review very helpful because I've just had a very bad experience with Mesh - both technical support and customer services. I'm now awaiting a refund from Mesh so am back on the market for a new PC.

Read 1 Comment

“After checking out a lot of custom PC companies doing...”

Written on: 22/08/2008

After checking out a lot of custom PC companies doing business on the Internet, Cougar Extreme was the only one we found that was recommended by most people… Read Full Review

Qattusa's Comment

Read 1 Comment

“Just purchased my first PC from Cougar-Extreme after...”

Written on: 24/05/2008 by MrStillwater (3 reviews written)

Just purchased my first PC from Cougar-Extreme after comparing a lot of different places. Their website didn't list the exact spec PC I was after but they responded very quickly to the emails I sent them and sent me a quote with the correct items. I went ahead and placed an order on the Friday afternoon, and the PC arrived the following Friday morning exactly as promised. I'm very happy with the machine itself, it's well built and used all of the components as specified, as well as looking very… Read Full Review

“Excellent custom pc builders at amazingly competitive...”

Written on: 06/05/2008

Excellent custom pc builders at amazingly competitive prices. Excellent customer service and 1st class build quality - highly recommended… Read Full Review