Fuji Finepix 50i Reviews

Fuji Finepix 50i

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)
☆☆☆☆☆

“I have had 2 go wrong. 1st the power will not shut off...”

Written on: 28/07/2004 by seanrudester (1 review written)

I have had 2 go wrong. 1st the power will not shut off needing the battery to be removed and replaced and then wierd florescent colours appear on some photos (This has happened on both camera 6months to 1 year in. Avoid like the plague.)… Read Full Review

Eensy99's Response to seanrudester's Review

Written on: 18/08/2004

I have the same problem with the power not shutting off and the camera going red hot. Also the fluorescent colouring on my photographs. Is this just a battery problem?

Read 1 Comment

“I bought this Camera in Hong Kong in a reputable chain...”

Written on: 30/07/2003 by Stef. (1 review written)

I bought this Camera in Hong Kong in a reputable chain store - as did my brother. We have BOTH had problems. Do not buy this camera. I will never buy Fuji again - I could not get a new camera or refund… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Light sensitivity seems to be the problem with the...”

Written on: 22/09/2002 by rub. (1 review written)

Light sensitivity seems to be the problem with the Fuji Finepix 50i digital camera - you get all sorts of funny colors first, than you can't turn the camera off anymore and it heats up. Then you can't turn it on anymore - and then you better get another one - because the first one I sent to Japan for repair and it never came back… Read Full Review

50311_Alvin Lee.'s Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 12/11/2002

I'm starting to have the exact same problem on my 50i. I have to remove the battery for a second and usually it restarts, otherwise I need to switch off the cover shutter and then remove the battery.
I'm also starting to have a problem where the picture starts chromatizing - producing weird violet colors. I had a 40i for 1 year and it started to do the same thing. Because I bought for more than a year, the warranty was no good.
It's too bad because I liked all the features that came with this camera.

163552_Robski's Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 25/07/2004

Exactly the same problem with mine, but all shops I've been to (including PCWorld, where I bought it) are refusing now to take it in for repairs, because it's Fuji. I feel outraged as I've paid a lot of money for it and only had it for 2 years! I will never buy Fuji again.

Seanrudester's Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 23/07/2004

True to form on my 2nd one in 2 yrs and just outside warantee for the 2nd it has started chromatizing and the old power shut off thing. Surely this is an obvious manufacturing fault and the product should be recalled.

Seanrudester's Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 04/04/2004

I also had this problem within the first year, a friend of mine (who had this model 1st) had the same problem happen outside of the 1 year warranty and had to pay (£80??) to get his fixed. I was supplied with a replacement camera and have been very happy with it for the last 13months. Touch wood it keeps going.
<br>Aside from what is an obvious manufacturing fault, I think the camera is wonderful when it works, very versatile and easy to use. I hope Fuji sorts out its customer service or their reputation will take a battering!!

Ddholt's Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 28/10/2003

I am having the same problem. I have had the camera for just over 1 year and it just started chromatizing the images (but only occasionally). I bought the camera while in Japan and now I fear that I have junk. Is there a fix out there for this problem????

Aw.'s Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 11/06/2003

I have the same nightmare. It hang without any respond no matter what I did. The same problem repeated twice in the first warranty year and each repairing took me one month. I have asked for continuation of warranty but sorry, NO. Very poor after sales service. Now it starts to have chromatizing... I need to buy another one but definitely not Fuji.

Dl.'s Response to rub.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2003

I had the exact same problem with my 50i. Will never recommend people to buy any stupid fuji camera.
<br>
<br>I now own a Kodak LS443. I've finally made a right choice. I love it.

Read 7 Comments