Vehicle Rescue Direct Breakdown Cover Reviews

• Speed of response

• Customer service

Vehicle Rescue Direct Breakdown Cover - Ask a question now

“Vehicle rescue direct refuse to collect vehicle”

Written on: 29/05/2019 by Fatbar (1 review written)

After my BMW motorcycle shaft drive bearing disintegrated the bike was taken to BMW authorised dealer for repair,with 30 minutes before shop was closing vehicle rescue direct would not assit me till bike had been looked which was not going to happen till next day.So BMW manager booked my wife and I on flights from Brussels back to Birmingham after I informed them I would sort way home and bill them.Afte motorcycle was fixed VRD refused to transport back to me even though it's written in there summary contract,they then sent me additional contract detail which are not shown on there website or summary contract sent to me.I was informed I would be contact with my travel arrangements organised for me to collect and ride motorcycle back home,but after a week waiting I contacted VRD and informed them I would collect motorcycle in a van and bill them which I did.At no time I was told I could not do this yet they refused to reimburse me. Vehicle rescue direct do not honour there contract, (I recorded all phone conversations) I would have given them minus stars if possible there total clowns.

“ENTER...”

Written on: 08/04/2016 by 318Jamison (1 review written)

great service, great price. Everything was great

“home start was a saviour ”

Written on: 31/01/2016 by Orr25 (1 review written)

I broke down at home before an important day at work. With an hour to go and not a hope in sight i called vehicle rescue direct. Thankfully i had the home start cover on my policy with them and they were with me within around 40 minutes. They zipped me to work and thankfully i made it in time for the meeting. Im usually not one to review or use these sights but i was very happy and thought i must!

“The home start saved me!”

Written on: 31/01/2016 by Crouchob123 (1 review written)

“Kind and considerate.”

Written on: 29/01/2016 by let1233 (1 review written)

I was heart broken that i broke down on my way to my parents wedding. Didnt think id make the service and was truly distraught. Vehicle rescue direct were superb with their help and service. The vehicle couldn't be fixed at the roadside so i was taken by the assistance team to my destination and was so happy to get there before anything commenced . I'll never forget what they did for me on my parents special day. I highly recommend.

“perfect customer service, very happy!”

Written on: 29/01/2016 by laugher1223 (1 review written)

Although i didnt break down while using this policy i thought both the customer service and price was superb. I had a lot of questions while first purchasing the policy and was very happy with both the answer and depth of knowledge.

“Lovely staff and service”

Written on: 26/01/2016 by lolaloos (1 review written)

Cant honestly believe how cheap this policy was in regards to what you get in return. Car hire services, overnight expenses paid for, repatriation, free road side assistance. The list goes on! Very impressed with the lovely people that were always on the other end of the phone as well. Would recommend to all.

“Good service”

Written on: 26/01/2016 by lockstock111 (2 reviews written)

All i was looking for was a cost effective service that did what it said on the tin. VRD seemed too cheap to believe but when i broke down on the motorway at 11:30pm i was not disappointed with either the reaction time and overall service.

“SUPERB”

Written on: 25/01/2016 by BOOCH (1 review written)

Cant believe both the prices and the service! Amazing customer service and wonderful cover. 40 minutes response time was such a relief. Will be using this cover from now on.

“im impressed”

Written on: 24/01/2016 by PeytonHolland92 (1 review written)

not only are the prices cheap but if you have a second car they give a further discount to the other vehicles they have. Its not the AA but for what i want i will do.

“cheap breakdown cover”

Written on: 24/01/2016 by York1954 (1 review written)

I have searched online and its cheap and also very good cover. I broke down in Europe 2 years ago and thre guys were great.

“Great work.”

Written on: 22/01/2016 by lkad123 (1 review written)

Really like the customer service and i thought the cover provided was excellent. I'll be renewing this year and highly recommend this site.

“Very good breakdown”

Written on: 22/01/2016 by qxMatthews1975 (1 review written)

i was very impressed with the service i recieved. I broke down and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I could not fault them.

“Very helpful customer service”

Written on: 12/08/2015 by Leonardo295 (1 review written)

We've been using VRD for years. Only ever had to call them once, when broke down on a German motorway in the middle of the night due to a snapped alternator belt. The car was recovered within a couple of hours to the nearest garage. There was a cab waiting for us and took us to a hotel. They asked us to pay for the hotel, but they promised we'd get our money back. The next morning there was a cab waiting for us again outside the hotel and took us to the garage. The car was fixed the same afternoon and we carried on. A few weeks later after getting back to the UK, we sent them the receipt for the hotel and one cab fare (we had to pay for one way ourselves, but they arranged it). Less than a week later a letter arrived from them. We were expecting excuses why they won't pay, but it turned out to be a cheque for all our expenses. We saw some bad reviews here and just wanted to add our own experience. This may not be a case for all customers, but we were VERY satisfied with the customer service they provided at the time. They rang several times to check how we are getting on and they even arranged the next nights stay in a hotel before we found out, that our car could be fixed. Luckily we didn't need it. The repair was MASSIVELY overpriced, but the recovery was absolutely spot on.

“Vehicle Rescue Direct refuse to recovery ”

Written on: 26/10/2012 by adcogie (2 reviews written)

Hi, I've had big problems with this insurance and they refuse to do what it says in black and white in the policy and try add words into the policy that aren't there. In a nutshell my motorbike broke down and was take to a local garage. The local garage cannot fix the motorbike and it has to be taken to a dealer to repair. Which they refuse to do, even though their policy says if the local garage cannot fix it they will transport it to my destination. They say cause I chose the local garage that was the destination and in the policy local garage only means garage within 15 miles of the bike. And try to weasel out of it even though I have the PLUS cover. This is the policy in black and white: Rescue, Motorcycle Breakdown Cover providing roadside assistance and recovery to a local garage wherever you happen to breakdown in the UK. Rescue Nationwide, Up to an hour's roadside assistance and recovery with the added benefit that this Motorcycle Breakdown Cover will take you to your destination, or back home anywhere in the UK if your bike can't be fixed the same day. I do not understand how they can refuse what's in the policy and then ask me to pay for a recovery!! Thats cheap. I said if I were stuck in germany and taken to a local garage would they refuse to take the bike back to the UK, they said thats different!! The manager,  there says different breakdowns mean different recoveries and expects me to be a mechanic. They say you should know first if the local garage can fix my bike and generally saying whatever to get out of it - thats probably his job Even spoke to their complaints department and they said if the local garage could not fix it why didn't you get it transport to a garage that can - I said that's what I'm trying to do and lodged a complaint. When you need you recovery service they turn out to be a hassle service, and the only option is to take your case to the Financial Ombudsman

“Superb service and amazing value for money!”

Written on: 25/11/2011 by Trehane (2 reviews written)

I can't recommend Vehicle Rescue Direct highly enough, both in terms of Value For Money and Customer Service. We have the all whistles & bells Rescue Plus Europe cover for a mere £68 a year. This covers us everywhere, home, UK & overseas with recovery (for a specific vehicle). Last night my wife broke down on the way home for work. She called VRD and received superb service at every point of contact. The Call operator was very polite and reassuring taking the necessary details politely & efficiently. My wife then received a text confirming the name of the recovery company and an ETA (Well within 50 minutes of the original call). True to the text, the recovery company Overbrook Recovery arrived ahead of schedule. Again, the service was superb. Polite and efficient. My wife and car were home safe in no time. This morning I called the local garage to describe the car's ailments. It was diagnosed over the phone as a turbo issue (correctly diagnosed last night by the recovery guy). It was recommended that I didn't drive the car to the garage. With trepidation I called VRD again asking for home recovery for the same problem. I say trepidation because my experience with insurance companies over the years has been poor. Invariably if there is a way out of delivering an agreed service, they will use it. Not in the case of Vehicle Rescue Direct. Their service mirrored, in fact surpassed the previous evening. Again, Overbrook Recovery http://www.overbrookrecovery.co.uk/ attended. This time within 35 minutes. Our car is now with our local mechanic and fingers crossed will be back with us shortly - all repaired! Thanks again for a superb service from Vehicle Rescue Direct and it's service partner Overbrook Recovery.

“Vehicle Rescue Direct - Motorbike/car Europe single trip.”

Written on: 13/08/2011

After I broke down in South of France Vehicle Rescue Direct (VRD) who use AXA insurance, were incredibly and unbelievably helpful. After my phone call to them I received continous assistance and support. Once my bike was towed by the French SOS, VRD offered me overnight lodging until the bike was assessed. Unfortunately, the bike could not be repaired in time to finish my holiday and VRD were prompt to offer me a paid hire car the length of my holiday, return ferry passenger tickets, a car waiting for me at Dover and then the car was collected from my house. They also dealt with the French garage to arrange for repatriation of the bike. The people at VRD kept continous contact with me, this made me feel very valuable and secure during these distressing times. I found them very caring, and them being able to speak in French made my life lot easier in France. Some days later, my bike turned up and this was followed by a cheque to reimburse expences they could not pay over the phone. Concluding, the service provided was exactly as the book stated, moreover, the way the girls and guy cared for me from their office in UK was indeed of the highest level. Higly recommended.

“Absolutely awful service (European single cover). Car...”

Written on: 24/03/2011

Absolutely awful service (European single cover). Car broke down in a rural hamlet near Bordeaux where we were staying. Rang VRD - really didnt want to know at all - told us to get it towed and fixed at the local garage. Bear in mind we had told them we were in a very rural place. The caretaker who looked after the house for the owners asked the local garage - a one man garage- but this was a major job (oil in the water) and he could not attempt to tfix it. The nearest garage therefore was twenty miles away. We told VRD this - they could offer absolutely no help whatsover even though we told them the car could not be driven and had to be towed - they did not offer to come and recover it nor ofer any solutions, nor did they offer to help with a hire car except to tell us to find a hire car company ourselves (we pointed out that the nearest was 20 miles away and we had no transport - again they were not interested except to tell us that we would need a credit card with £1000 on for car hire deposit should we be able to get ourselves to a garage. We said as we could not drive the car to the garage and they were not prepared to have it towed then we would need to be recovered back to the UK - again they were NOT interested. This is absolutely incredible. There were prepared to leave us and our children stranded in France. Luckily the caretaker went overboard to help us and organised everything including towing our car to the garage 20 miles away and liaisng with the garage since our french is limited and they could not speak any english. He also persuaded them to lend us a car (although very old and basic!) which we needed for the whole week it took for the car to be repaired. He also said he would ask the owners to let us stay on in the house we were renting at no extra cost if the car took longer than the week. NEVER again would we usee VRD and indeed we wonder if all breakdown companies are the same - we had paid for the most comprehensive cover they offer. This experience has made us very nervous indeed of any Breakdown company. We would have given this company 0 out of 5 but 0 is not an option given.

Written on: 13/06/2011

thank you for this info i was thinking of useing this firm but not now again thanks

Written on: 09/07/2012

Your experience has put me right off VehicleRescueDirect! the whole purpose of paying for cover is peace of mind - not to generate extra hassle. Hope companies read these reviews and realise that there is no hiding place on the internet so they need to up their game - or go out of business.

Written on: 21/06/2011

ditto not good when you have taken cover

Read 3 Comments

“Vehicle Rescue Direct organised recovery of my car in...”

Written on: 29/09/2010

Vehicle Rescue Direct organised recovery of my car in France, where I was staying with friends. The car was taken to a dealer for repair and Vehicle Rescue Direct organised a hire car and taxis to collect the hire car and afterwards to return to the garage. I waited for repair of the car, although there was the option to return to the UK at Vehicle Rescue Direct's expense and to await return of the car to my UK home. Their people were always very helpful and responsive, although it is unfortunate that during the many occasions when we spoke one invariably speaks to a different person. I had to pay for 3 days' hotel myself, although this was not entirely clear from the policy that I should bear this responsibility. VRD either pay for the hire car or the hotel, but not both.

“we were extremely disappointed with this service...”

Written on: 21/09/2010

we were extremely disappointed with this service (European single trip cover). We had to wait 4 hours for our car to be towed away and then were left stranded with no arrangements made by the company for our transport to our holiday home. We received very poor communication and eventually had to make our own way home. We had to phone repeatedly to find out what happened to our car and ultimately were told that as there were no French speakers available we would need to liaise directly with the mechanic. He had been waiting for our authorisation to complete the repair which had not been requested by the company. We were without a car for 5 days and had to sort out everything ourselves ultimately including going some distance to collect the car from the garage just in time to get the ferry home. We were never offered a courtesy car. There was no follow up and no one called to check that we were alright/needed any assistance.