Post Office Online Banking Reviews - www.postoffice.co.uk

Post Office Online Banking www.postoffice.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Post Office Online Banking www.postoffice.co.uk

Post Office Online Banking www.postoffice.co.uk

“Do not open anything with post office”

Written on: 26/02/2022 by Lisamf85 (1 review written)

I have been trying to access my money to transfer back to my linked account as I have to pay for uni, but won't allow me to access. They guy on the phone Said there is a tech problem with my account. What could possibly be the bloody problem. I have to ring back in a few days. As soon as I get my money back I will never use them again. Why on earth is it so difficult in 2022 to transfer some money especially when it's desperately needed it needs sorting ASAP. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!. I hope people read these reviews before they decide to open anything with them. I wish I had.

“Prehistoric software system!!!”

Written on: 11/08/2021 by Trishtrashpolka (1 review written)

Some years ago I opened a post office online saver. This year when the 1 year account came to an end I opened the next one. I could not find any option to transfer the money from the old to the new account. So I ticked the option to transfer all the money to my linked account. This took 4 -5 days!!! Then I tried to deposit the money into my new online saver. 5 days later the transfer had not occurred. On the PO website I could find on option to view transactions pending. Thinking that the transfer hadn't worked for some reason I repeated the process. A big mistake cause 5 days later my linked account was in the RED!!! Fortunately I had the funds elsewhere to eliminate the overdraft, but it could have been a very costly mistake. Today I tried to withdraw some of the funds to my linked account and, guess what - it won't work!! " invalid number or insufficient funds"" I was trying to transfer £10k when there was £ 90k in the account!!!!! This highlights the inadequacies of the post office software. I haven't even tried their phone service cause these frustrate me at the best of times. I am going to give the account a day to think about the money deposited in the account. Then try to withdraw the money again. Probably all of it this time! Any further problems and it will be a formal complaint to the financial ombudsman. A very dissatisfied customer - and sorry not even 1 star on this review.

“Avoid post office money ”

Written on: 24/01/2020 by Chloe0806 (1 review written)

If you wish to change your direct debit date this takes them 4 months to do due to ancient systems. They then cancel direct debits without your permission meaning you then have mark on your credit file. I then have to waste more time having to speak to Experian to correct this. Shocking customer service, rude people, horrible complaints procedure, high interest rates and ancient systems

“Customer serbices”

Written on: 25/10/2017 by lpngtoleave (1 review written)

In comparison with othet banks, the PO Money customer services are the worst I have ever encountered. The don't always tell the truth and fail to respond promptly to witten complaints A really disgraceful service

“bank cheque deposit”

Written on: 22/07/2017 by PedroGoode452 (1 review written)

paid in sunday told it would be 1 day delay it is now Thursday midday and no sign its only 1000pounds and post office can only be contacted by e mail..do not use this service

“Couldn't even open an account- 20 min wait so gave up”

Written on: 21/07/2017 by Abbier114 (1 review written)

Wow, a sales department with a 20 minute wait and still no answer. They lost a sale, if their sale line is that slow imagine what their telephone banking is like. Can't even apply online...Two words..... Don't bother.

“Insincere, muddled, uncaring”

Written on: 07/05/2017 by EliezerReed (1 review written)

Following the death of my father about 3 months ago, he left our family to look after his wife, our mother, who has severe dementia. This was explained to the post office right from the start. We have been stonewalled, held at arms length, repeatedly asked to send in legal documents which we complied with. The documents were correct, legally binding and cost a considerable amount of money to repeatedly send in via their own registered post. It seems to us that as soon as they realised we wanted to close the accounts that they wanted to make this as difficult as possible. Considering that we as a family are not only mourning the loss of dad but struggling to cope with our mum, the Post Office have taken absolutely no notice or care about this at all, this is at a time that ŷou would expect such a company to take additional care for families in this position, however every one of their communications started with "please accept our sincere condolences bla bla bla bla" completely insincere. At the same time as attempting to deal with these idiots for the past 3 months, as a comparison Lloyds Bank took aprox imagery 40 minutes to achieve the same request, and Barclays took about 15 days. Never ever save with the post office is our advice.

“Problems getting savings money back. Terrible Service”

Written on: 21/02/2017 by JNT99 (1 review written)

My wife and I have had Post Office Online Saver 1 accounts for over a year. Late last year we opened two new savings accounts and on 1/1/17 went online to close the Online Saver 1 accounts and arrange transfer of the balances to our new accounts. We did this carefully, selecting the option to close the accounts and transfer the balances. We also printed out the Transfer Confirmation page which indicated the closure date as 06/02/17 (being in line with the required notice period). This was then subsequently confirmed by emails signed by the head of service delivery. On 8/2/17, we checked our accounts online and noticed that the transfer/closures had not taken place. We both called the Post Office (separately) and were told it was just a small computer error which would be fixed in a few days. On 17/2/17, we checked out accounts again and there were still no transfers/closures. Another call to the Post Office resulted in the same excuse. On 21/2/17, we called again and got the same response. It seems impossible to get our money back. We are both pensioners and this is causing us considerable anxiety.

“Lasting Power of Attorney”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by Norwoodsd316 (1 review written)

In July this year I got in touch with you to let you know that LPA was in place on my mums account. the process was painfull but eventually all documents were sent to you and a letter was received for me to call you. I did this and I was told the phone call verrifyed everything and I would now receive a letter. This was in September,not heard off you since. When I call you I'm dealt with on a very crackly line and usually spend 20-3- minutes hold'....help

“Worst service ever, incompetent, £ inaccessible lost...”

Written on: 10/08/2016 by coopergordon (2 reviews written)

Set up a Post Office 2 year Online Bond 5 account four years ago. Linked to my current account, fair idea for security, so anyone who steals my login can only transfer money to my current account. BUT when I tried to transfer out last week my bank details were not showing as an account to transfer my money to. This is the account where the money came from in the first place, and I have WRITTEN CONFIRMATION of those details from the Post office. I phone Customer Services at my expense, they claim no account linked! Arrogantly refused to help over phone because of DATA SECURITY. These are the clowns who lost my data!. I had to add it again as a transfer out option. Then I tried to transfer it out again. Guess what because I had added a 'new accoount' my money will be frozen for a minimum of 5 working days (Monday does not count) When I try to login it first said password incorrect. NO, I do not forget my password, your computer suystems are incorrect. A week later error message changes to invalid userid. Again I have in writing the userid I use, it is the one provided to me by the Post office. So I still have no access to my money..I see a call to a banking complaints service or ombudsman coming. Product: Online 2yr bond 5

“Cant get my money out”

Written on: 04/07/2016 by cottesmore117 (1 review written)

after 5 phone calls asking for a card to get my money out I still haven't sorted it, I rang at 8.15 as per website "not able to deal with anything but general queries", why bother,

“If only there was a zero star”

Written on: 02/07/2016 by Staffy123 (1 review written)

Please don't think about this excuse for a bank if you value good service, competency, oh and if you want your money out! They put every conceivable obstacle in the way. I needed some savings out but when I tried to transfer out my LLoyds Bank details were not showing as an account to transfer my money to. This is the account where the money came from in the first place. I had to add it again as a transfer out option. Then I tried to transfer it out again. Guess what because I had added a 'new account' my money will be frozen for a minimum of 5 working days (Monday does not count) so as this is Saturday I now have to wait till a week next Tuesday, 11 days! Then it will be transfered out but will take up to 5 working days to reach my account. Now we are up to a minimum 16 days. So onto the call center, well just don't bother. Product: Online easy saver 5

“Incompetent . The worst service of all to use.”

Written on: 18/06/2016

This critical review is easy for me as I have other online accounts to compare the Post Office with and, believe me, they are so poor and user unfriendly. For an online service, they are so very fond of paperwork and letter writing. You can't even open the account until paperwork has been received. They just make every step of the way more complicated. When I needed money for an important transaction, it was a no brainer to decide which account to close. However, they needed the request IN WRITING of course and it would take 30 days. This was confirmed by them BY LETTER and a date set. It wouldn't be on that date, like other banks can do, but within 2 working days. When the 2 days came and went with no money moved, I rang them and was told that my money was still in the account! They had my notice of closure but someone had failed to action it. It is going to take another 2 days. Who knows when I would have got my money if I hadn't called? I'm still waiting for the manager to call me with an explanation but learn from my experience and open a decent Virgin or Tesco online savings account.

“Poor service”

Written on: 20/05/2016

Tried to open a basic current account. Had to phone up to remind them to send PIN number, then phone to get PIN number for on line banking, that took nearly four weeks and then find out that to use internet banking had to have my mobile phone registered with them which meant waiting ten days for another letter from them with authorisation code. Five weeks in total. Have closed the account, glad that I had only put in a small deposit and had not tried to switch accounts. System seems appalling and call centre staff do not seem at all interested and just want to get off the line. I have wasted a lot of time and effort for nothing. Post Office bank best avoided.

“Terrible !”

Written on: 18/04/2016 by jdybnsn2 (10 reviews written)

Tried to ring Post Office investment account in Ireland to stop them marking my daughter's account (she's 15 and I am the named guardian on the account) but they insisted they need to speak to her even though I am named on the account. It wasn't as if I was trying to take money out - just wanted to keep it active. The customer service worker was useless and when I said I wanted to make a formalo complaint he insisted on putting me on hold for long periods as he made the report - or so he said - I wasn't convinced, I am sure he was just doing it in the hope I'd hang up. Especially since their on hold music sounded worse than listening to my washing machine on full spin (is this just another tactic to make you hang up). Well so peed off that instead of marking the account active, I will be closing the account altogether and moving the money elsewhere and also my son's account. Well done call centre in Ireland you lost 2 customers and I will make sure we never go back. Customer Service ?? - customer frustration more like !

“Last straw - st Patricks day means dont get my money...”

Written on: 18/03/2016 by MaliyahHartley (1 review written)

Arghh. I have had so much trouble trying to get my money out of my online saver. I wont go into details but it has taken me over 2 months just to get a new pin number (which I foolishly lost). I was going to open another account, but due to extremely poor customer service I have decided not to. I at last managed to close my account yesterday (Thursday) morning. I was informed the money would be in my account "within one working day". Guess what, this means that I wont receive the money until Monday as they observe all UK bank holidays, wherever you might be, and yesterday was St Patrick's day in NI. But they don't bother to tell you that, of course and I had to phone them yet again to find out. . Communication is hopeless! My advice, avoid at all costs.

“We opened a current account with Reading Branch in...”

Written on: 08/03/2016 by Sutherlandrm106 (1 review written)

We opened a current account with Reading Branch in December, and all the money went missing immediately. After letters and phone calls, it is clear the post office and bank of Ireland are in meltdown, and their banking services simply do not work. BOI staff are rude and could not care at all, the post office can do nothing, not that they want to, and it is now March 8th and still we have lost our money!! So we are taking them to court to claim compensation and writing a complaint to the ombudsman, but it will take ages to get our money back, even though we sent all the proofs of paying in the money directly to them. Never use the post office, they are dishonest, their systems don't work at all, and they certainly do not care about people who stupidly use their banking services. The customer services people are ignorant and rude, as again they just don't care. Their Case ref is CRC/04933-16.

“Not worth all the trouble.”

Written on: 20/02/2016 by Neil233 (1 review written)

My son and I have both had trouble getting our money back after a bond has finished. Letters, many phone calls, having to write to the financial services. Told different things on the phone to letters received. Don't touch the Post Office with a barge pole.

“Endless Problems (despite very helpful telephone...”

Written on: 14/02/2016 by PeterSt1954 (1 review written)

I think I'm about to stop using this account. The idea of an online current account I could pay cash into at my local post office seemed like such a good idea, but increasingly I get a sense of foreboding every time I use it online. It never works first time, it frequently never works at all, and if I wanted to to continue with the Post Office Bank it would have to be by telephone rather than online. When it goes wrong there's usually no-one to talk to (they only work office hours)and when you do talk to them their system is often offline too. The online operation is, frankly, a shambles. I also have difficulty with their accents. I love Irish accents but they are a bit harder for an Englishman to understand. Normally I have no problem at all (even on the phone) but their end of the line is always very quiet - much lower than normal phone volume. Neither the accent nor the volume on their own would give me much difficulty, but the two together makes telephone calls very difficult until I have got my ear in to whoever I am speaking to. By then the call's usually over. The staff incidentally are extremely helpful and have never failed to sort out any problem I have. But I suspect I will just start phoning them direct rather than attempting to go online beforehand. I hate giving patently helpful and customer orientated people a bad rating, but I have to. If you can cope with the wonderful accent plus the unwonderful low volume I give their telephone service an unstinting five stars plus. But the online service is pants.

“POST OFFICE EASY ACCESS ACCOUNT THAT ISN'T”

Written on: 17/01/2016 by MIKE01752 (1 review written)

I have an internet easy access account. I did request monthly interest payment but have never received anything despite it being added to the savings. I have been trying to close the account for FOUR days and still cannot. I have had several days of there system being down or updating. I cannot close by internet but they will supposedly accept an instruction by phone however you can only move £15000 and therefore cannot actually close it in one go. Having finally got some action after four days I now have to wait until the end of business on Tuesday next for this transfer to be complete then have to contact them again to transfer the balance. hopefully then they will close the account! East Access I don't think so! If you want somewhere to put your savings the Post Office is not the Place