Epson Stylus Photo 870 Reviews

• Quality

Summary

Features:
  • 1,440 x 720 dpi quality
  • Ideal for digital imaging and photo applications
  • Parallel or USB interface for PC or Macintosh
  • 100-sheet, 10-envelope feeder tray
  • 1-year warranty with Epson's Exchange Program
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Epson Stylus Photo 870 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Epson Stylus Photo 870

☆☆☆☆☆

“Even though print quality is nice, wouldn't recommend...”

Written on: 26/10/2003 by dilldapp (1 review written)

Even though print quality is nice, wouldn't recommend this Epson Stylus Photo 870 printer to anyone… Read Full Review

Damien81's Response to dilldapp's Review

Written on: 10/11/2003

i cant understand how dilldapps printer was trashed after 1 year, mine has been going 100%
    <br>since i bought it second hand 2 years ago.i think you must have been using inferrior/compatable ink.i give this printer 10 out of 10 in every dept:
    <br>
    <br>Damien.

Read 1 Comment

“As a Novice, I find this printer straight forward and...”

Written on: 04/05/2001 by LINDA. (1 review written)

As a Novice, I find this printer straight forward and excellent at printing in photo quality.

Wanting to upgrade, I can not find a printer that promises to give better performance than this one… Read Full Review

Judith.'s Response to 2008_LINDA.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2002

Looks like you place an old hardware review: I was more interested in reading a review of the Epson 830. My main concern with printers in general is that no printer I have used can mimick the blue-violet intensity - or the blue violet hues I can see on my computer which is a very standard one (an old Compaq presario 5030) upon which - with word 2000 I compose manuals with photos and reader's errows to facilitate the reader's finding the references on the manuals I make. The lack of true hue shading and gradations - specially so in the Blue to Violet range just bothers me emmensly.

53275_Judith Spotheim.'s Response to 2008_LINDA.'s Review

Written on: 25/11/2002

I would like to add more comments to my previous one: My first choice of cource was the Epson 830. ALAS, when I tried to but one here in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, in all od the there large computer shops that speciallied in Epson printers - there was not one to buy. I was offered the 830, a ducty one out of the showroom.
    When asking when this printer would be available, the answer was either: we can not guarantee - or, we do not have it right now and maybe at the end of December (December of what year they did not mentioned).
    So stressed, I turned to my second choice which is the HP5550.
    Got one and it does what it can do (quite clear and sharp fonts immages (remember I compose manuals and guide intructions...) BUT: Same stumbling block like in previous printers: gradations, neuances, shading and hues of blue - to violet is very cripled...I would therefore advise to anybody that have to "schlep" these feature out of a printer, to experiment - fixing a bit of another hue to the blues - violets scale on the computer colour table. It looks strange at first (and later on too) to have to fals-ify the fonts color you see on your computer - in order to get a better trial and error study of what should (on the printed page) look like it is getting a bit closer to the reality of what you want. This whole lesson is not dependent on the paper quality _ a guide line printer's manufacturers would have you believe. It is a fact that the most famous and trusty printers are actually, far, far behind of what their manufucturers would like us to believe. I hope this might tickle a bit of sense and iniciation into their productivity...
    Judith.

Read 2 Comments

“I bought this printer about 6 weeks ago for a discount...”

Written on: 06/05/2000 by Mel Gregory. (1 review written)

I bought this printer about 6 weeks ago for a discount price of $256.64 and it lists for $299.99 in the USA. It needs one of the newer printer cords to function as fast as it is capable of doing. I have printed all kinds of scans from a Nikon LS2000 and the colors are accurate indeed--from vibrant reds in flower pictures to subtle shadings in photos of people. I definitely recommend this printer for up to 8X10. I think it is state of the art for this particular time… Read Full Review