Epson Stylus Photo 870 Reviews

Epson Stylus Photo 870
3.2
  • Quality

Summary

Features:
  • 1,440 x 720 dpi quality
  • Ideal for digital imaging and photo applications
  • Parallel or USB interface for PC or Macintosh
  • 100-sheet, 10-envelope feeder tray
  • 1-year warranty with Epson's Exchange Program
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Epson Stylus Photo 870 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Epson Stylus Photo 870

“Even though print quality is nice, wouldn't recommend...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by dilldapp on 26/10/2003

Even though print quality is nice, wouldn't recommend this Epson Stylus Photo 870 printer to anyone.

Damien81's Response to dilldapp's Review

Written on: 10/11/2003

i cant understand how dilldapps printer was trashed after 1 year, mine has been going 100%
    <br>since i bought it second hand 2 years ago.i think you must have been using inferrior/compatable ink.i give this printer 10 out of 10 in every dept:
    <br>
    <br>Damien.

“As a Novice, I find this printer straight forward and...”

written by LINDA. on 04/05/2001

As a Novice, I find this printer straight forward and excellent at printing in photo quality.

Wanting to upgrade, I can not find a printer that promises to give better performance than this one.

Judith.'s Response to 2008_LINDA.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2002

Looks like you place an old hardware review: I was more interested in reading a review of the Epson 830. My main concern with printers in general is that no printer I have used can mimick the blue-violet intensity - or the blue violet hues I can see on my computer which is a very standard one (an old Compaq presario 5030) upon which - with word 2000 I compose manuals with photos and reader's errows to facilitate the reader's finding the references on the manuals I make. The lack of true hue shading and gradations - specially so in the Blue to Violet range just bothers me emmensly.

53275_Judith Spotheim.'s Response to 2008_LINDA.'s Review

Written on: 25/11/2002

I would like to add more comments to my previous one: My first choice of cource was the Epson 830. ALAS, when I tried to but one here in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, in all od the there large computer shops that speciallied in Epson printers - there was not one to buy. I was offered the 830, a ducty one out of the showroom.
    When asking when this printer would be available, the answer was either: we can not guarantee - or, we do not have it right now and maybe at the end of December (December of what year they did not mentioned).
    So stressed, I turned to my second choice which is the HP5550.
    Got one and it does what it can do (quite clear and sharp fonts immages (remember I compose manuals and guide intructions...) BUT: Same stumbling block like in previous printers: gradations, neuances, shading and hues of blue - to violet is very cripled...I would therefore advise to anybody that have to "schlep" these feature out of a printer, to experiment - fixing a bit of another hue to the blues - violets scale on the computer colour table. It looks strange at first (and later on too) to have to fals-ify the fonts color you see on your computer - in order to get a better trial and error study of what should (on the printed page) look like it is getting a bit closer to the reality of what you want. This whole lesson is not dependent on the paper quality _ a guide line printer's manufacturers would have you believe. It is a fact that the most famous and trusty printers are actually, far, far behind of what their manufucturers would like us to believe. I hope this might tickle a bit of sense and iniciation into their productivity...
    Judith.

“I bought this printer about 6 weeks ago for a discount...”

written by Mel Gregory. on 06/05/2000

I bought this printer about 6 weeks ago for a discount price of $256.64 and it lists for $299.99 in the USA. It needs one of the newer printer cords to function as fast as it is capable of doing. I have printed all kinds of scans from a Nikon LS2000 and the colors are accurate indeed--from vibrant reds in flower pictures to subtle shadings in photos of people. I definitely recommend this printer for up to 8X10. I think it is state of the art for this particular time.