Canon i9950 Reviews

• Print Quality

• Ease of Set Up

Canon i9950 - Ask a question now

“Update:- I have now had this Canon i9950 printer for...”

Written on: 06/04/2009 by fatowl (27 reviews written)

Update:- I have now had this Canon i9950 printer for quite sometime, and had nothing but problems since day one. Straight out of the box it had to be returned back to Canon to have a print head malfunction sorted out, the cost of return down to me.

Since it was returned, I have now had an intermittent paper jam problem, and have been quoted around £160+ to put it right, this on top of the cost of the printer and return p&p for the first repair is galling.

Now looking at another A3+ printer from… Read Full Review

“On the whole not a bad printer, it would be nice to...”

Written on: 22/09/2007 by fatowl (27 reviews written)

On the whole not a bad printer, it would be nice to find a company who could supply a continuous ink system for this printer at a reasonable price. I have spoken to various people regarding the use of third party inks in the printer, and I have been advised that this could be a bad thing, because it can damage the printer heads, but this is a decision you can only make. At the time I enquired, new printer heads were approximately £50.00, not sure how long these would last with the third party… Read Full Review

Fatowl's Response to fatowl's Review

Written on: 09/02/2009

I have now had this printer for quite sometime, and it has been a complete nightmare. The computer keeps showing a paper jam malfunction, even though there is nothing jammed. <br/><br/>The printer will let you print out anything from 1 to 6 sheets, (usually 1) before it shows jamming again. I cannot get any help from the Canon website, after spending ages looking. It looks like I will have to pay the &pound;35.00 p&p to send it back again for another repair.<br/><br/>

Fatowl's Response to fatowl's Review

Written on: 10/02/2009

Just an update since I submitted my last comment. I have just received several quotes from various sites for the repair to be carried out. The price varies from &pound;150.00 to &pound;190.00. All in all, this printer will have cost me in excess of &pound;730.00 to date, annoying considering mine has had only light use.

Read 2 Comments