Penewin Riding Stables, Cornwall Reviews

4.0

Penewin Riding Stables, Cornwall - Ask a question now

“I remember when this yard was open, the poor ponies...”

written by vaVega245 on 07/11/2023

I remember when this yard was open, the poor ponies that were all crammed into a pen together. Some were bullying others and this made some ponies terrified! I had my own pony there for a very short amount of time and he went from a beautiful, shiny-coated, confident lad to a terrified, miserable little chap. The staff were horrible; I remember cleaning a saddle (because you had work there for the pleasure of having your pony there - and pay for them to use him!) and I laughed at something she said to have her look at me and say ‘clean the saddle, this is nothing to do with you’. Horrible place, ponies totally overworked and I’m glad it’s shut down.

“penwin stables are great.”

written by sharnaEL on 24/06/2013

On my first day riding there it was great because they give you a tour of the stables and you can help take them to the field and back they show you all kinds of skills .my first pony I ride was ezzy( I don't know how you spell his name ) and he was great .our school group really enjoyed it .they help a lot and give you support and encouragement . It was my first time riding a horse and they were great.

“The teaching is basic at best, they have plently of...”

written by on 14/02/2011

The teaching is basic at best, they have plently of horses and ponies to choose from and yet they always seem to use the same ones in continuous lessons all day. In one of the lessons i had there one of the ponys we were given to ride had been hunting all morning, before being put in our lesson and the lesson after ours and to top it off the poor pony had a sore the size on a £2 coin on the side of his mouth where he had been rubbed raw by his bit. I am 5"7 and whenever i have ridden there i have only ever been given ponys to ride, too be honest i am not impressed. There is plenty more i could say about the management of the place and the quality of care given too the horses and ponies but i fear that i would not have enought space to give it justice.

“I think penewin is fantastic! ”

written by on 12/12/2009

I think penewin is fantastic!
I have been riding there for nearly two years!
The first horse I rode was Quin! He is one
of my favorites along with Friday and leah!
Leah can be abit jumpy, Friday can be quite naughty and Quin is just all round lazy but i love them all! i'd like to say thanks to all the instructors aswell but especialy to Louisa who taught me and my friend megen mostly. Although there has been a longish gap since i last rode there I am very much looking forward to starting again and seeing all of the instructors, horses and ponies agian. :)

“i loved horse riding at the Penewin Riding Stables it...”

written by on 03/07/2009

i loved horse riding at the Penewin Riding Stables it is good for schools and my favorite pony is quin and my favorite horse is shabblais i would ride there all the time!!

“I think Penewin Riding Stables is the best for...”

written by tfgfgtfgt on 18/02/2009

I think Penewin Riding Stables is the best for children and adult. My favourite pony is Quin...yes they are all brill...

“Experienced teachers who are prepared to give you help...”

written by on 22/07/2008

Experienced teachers who are prepared to give you help on all aspects of riding.
They help you progress from begginer to competitor. They only downside is that its quite busy.