Winkworth Estate Agents Reviews - www.winkworth.co.uk

Winkworth Estate Agents - www.winkworth.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Winkworth Estate Agents - www.winkworth.co.uk

Winkworth Estate Agents - www.winkworth.co.uk

“AWFUL AGENCY! Damage from viewings. Never again ”

Written on: 13/09/2022 by nyaxley (1 review written)

Dear potential clients of Winkworth Estate Agents, I would like to make you all aware before you think of signing a contract with this incapable organisation. Firstly a viewing took place at my property, which I later found footprints all over my brand new cream carpets, on another occasion my wall got damaged by a client that viewed my property so I made contact with the Director regarding costs to fix this, but was told it’s not their responsibility to supervise your property during viewings. Secondly, the communication and lies regarding clients positions and the ongoing lack of support quickly come to light that we had chosen the wrong agent. Lastly, my advice to you, would be to never to go with Winkworth as the whole experience was something I wouldn’t want anyone else to go through. We have wasted an entire 4 months with this agent, with much regret!

“AVOID AT ALL COST”

Written on: 24/06/2022 by abcjames (1 review written)

DISAPPOINTING overall! I have to say, always had a pleasant experience with the agents, they do take their time for you and they are committed to their work. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the propriety management team whom I have struggled with since the beginning, they mostly act in behalf of the landlord and they would trick you whenever they can. I left my old propriety (rented through WW) on the 31st of May 2022 and legally they have 14 days to agree on your deposit refund. We are now 25 days later and I have to chase them so they can chase the landlord. My fault is that I am unable to obtain a council tax bill online so H&F have sent me one by post which should be received within the next 10 working days. Even if I have provided bank receipts (actual invoices where you can see all the details), they are refusing to accept this, perhaps a way to buy even more time with the deposit. From my very own experience and with this honest review, I am asking you to avoid renting via Winkworth if your propriety will be managed by their team, it's a STRUGGLE!

“Excellent service received”

Written on: 10/12/2021 by JulianCameron (1 review written)

Winkworth's Southbourne team have managed the letting of my property in Southbourne for more than ten years. As an overseas based landlord I have really appreciated their professionalism and efficient service. Turn around times are quick, queries are usually responded to within 24 hours. Information is clear and well communicated. Statements arrive timeously and are always accurate. The team is approachable and very effective. My experience is that they have always been prepared to go the extra mile for me as a landlord. I appreciate their expertise and exceptional service.

“Selling and buying with Winkworth”

Written on: 08/09/2019 by CeceliaEwing (1 review written)

Winkworths were very supportive and helpful in my selling and buying. The purchase of house was very complicated and a complete rollercoaster ride from start to finish and they were there to reassure me when I needed it.

“Great Team at New Cross”

Written on: 23/11/2018 by ekKent250 (1 review written)

I have used Winkworth New Cross branch in London for a couple of years now to market, rent out and manage one of my properties. Overall I have found their service to be excellent. There have been issues with the property (which is normal), but they have been resolved well and amicably. Their processes are very efficient, always reply promptly to emails and keep me updated regarding the condition of the property. They are probably not the cheapest Estate Agent offering this service. However I have experience of a few others and would rather pay a little bit more, and receive a service that ensures the property maintained well.

“Having one of the worat experience with Winkworth...”

Written on: 04/07/2018 by ashoklalwani (1 review written)

Having one of the worat experience with Winkworth Reading. The most rude, blunt, unprofessional and money grabbing agency I have ever come across with. Don't fall in trap!!

“As a prospective tenant you are just cattle”

Written on: 04/07/2017 by BernardSpence (1 review written)

I have been dealing with a West London branch in my search for a new flat and have had an awful experience. No interest whatsoever for my criteria or any desire to help me find the right property - their policy is to go by the numbers not to try to match a customer with the right property. As a result, I have seen multiple properties without ever seeing anything that I really liked. Those that I liked, I would find myself browsing on the property websites but were not sent to me quickly as a good match (let alone a call to say "we have something that could work for you"). Then there were the ads with wrong information (about the furnished/unfurnished option), the failed viewings where they would forget to tell you the property you were due to see had been let the day before or where they would not have the right key, with little regard for your plans. Or the abrupt negative reaction to any request that would mean going to the landlord to ask then whether they would be prepared to do this or that... Ultimately, I was made to feel I was a difficult customer and suggested I use a different agent to find a property!! My approach to renting is that I treat the place as my home and not as a dirty temporary abode that does not belong to me. Winkworth's approach to letting is that that as a tenant you are a nobody and any tenant is worth the same, which would seriously worry me as a landlord!

“The most disappointing reputable estate agency!!!”

Written on: 31/05/2017 by Patriciad92 (1 review written)

I had heard Winkworth were a reputable estate agency so I trusted that despite having the most expensive agency fees on the market they would have been worth the spent. NOT AT ALL! I am dealing on a regular basis with unprofessional and careless staff. They hide inconvenient contract clauses at tenants disadvantage, provide misleading information and take ages to fix things that don't work with the property you live in and pay full price and deposit for. 100% dissatisfied and if you let them know they don't really care. I tried to explore ways to restore my trust in them but they are not interested. They like to let customers down. I recommend staying away. I'm surprised they are still in business the the poor quality account managers they have.

“Cannot be bothered”

Written on: 16/12/2016 by 388West (1 review written)

I called Winkworths after receiving their mailshot as I intend to sell my flat and required a valuation. Was told somebody would call me back. No reply. I then emailed them via the main winkworth portal and received an auto reply sayimg someone will be in touch. no reply. If this is the sort of service you get from the outset I dread to think what the service would be once you have appointed them.

“VERY FRIENDLY and EFFICIENT SERVICE”

Written on: 07/11/2016

Winkworth Bow office is very professionally run by Tanveer and his very capable team. Having experienced horrible estate agents before, this team could not have come at a better time for us. Very pleased with efficiency and the overall friendliness of the team. Tan is always here to help.

“Winkworth Chsiwick only look out for themselves”

Written on: 16/08/2016 by DeandreHerndon151 (1 review written)

I would give zero stars if possible. Rented a property through the Chiswick office and had nothing but issues during my one-year stay. - No communication from the Lettings Manager. Once I paid the deposit, service level dropped to zero. After much chasing, was informed the Lettings Manager was no longer with the company and no one would follow up on her actions as she 'overpromised' clients. No accountability. - Repairs took forever. Months of weekly calls and emails to no avail. Winkworth promised to get back to me after every contact, but never would. When questioned about it, they claimed to have no record of previous communications. When I was finally put in touch with the repair company they also said they'd been having communication issues with Winkworth for months and weren't able to confirm any jobs. In a nutshell, they only look out for themselves, despite managing the property on behalf of the landlord and probably charging extortionate management fees. My back door lock was broken for over a month and anyone could've climbed over the back fence and just walked through the back door. Stay away from Winkworth Chiswick. Don't be fooled by their corporate image and perceived professionalism like I was. Go with a smaller, friendlier agent, there's plenty on Chiswick High Road.

“Fantastic service from Winkworth, Chiswick”

Written on: 22/05/2016 by OliveShoemaker (1 review written)

Recently moved our portfolio of letting properties to Winkworth and received fantastic service from them. Polite and helpful in every way, they found tenants for us within one day of the property going on the market. We are very happy to recommend them.

“Beware of the west end / soho branch”

Written on: 18/12/2015 by valentinalcalde (1 review written)

We are very upset and disappointed about the way this has being handle. On the 9th of December we had a viewing and we agreed to rent the place and we did paid a holding deposit writhing the agreement of the landlord over the phone. The only condition was, that as our salaries are low, we would have to pay quarterly. Even if this is the first time we had this situation, we agreed since we liked the place. And she explained that kind of pay,net to the landlord so he could have peace of mind. On that day she explained us that even that the references were going to come back unsuccessful, we shouldn't worry about it since paying quarterly was more than sufficient. Reason why went ahead and take the place. The next day we received the forms to start the references process, we did fill in everything and provided the reference agency with all the requested documents and information. At this time she contact us in several occasions to hurry up with the remaining payment of £10020 to settle the deposit and the first 3 months of rent. We did transfer the money to make sure we would be moving on the 21st of December since from the beginning we couldn't stress enough that this was our deadline to move in. On the 16th of December she contacted us again to ask for a proof of funds sufficient to pay the flat. I did forwarded a screenshot of my PayPal account with £25.000, I called her after I sent this and she said that it was sufficient and everything was going to be ok. The day after on the 17th of December she called again to say that now they decided that £25.000 on PayPal was not good enough and that we would have to send a screenshot of my personal account. Straight away I did send her the screenshot of my Spanish account with the equivalent of £128.000 in €. The reference agency was still waiting for a letter from wim's employment but she said that after I sent the screenshot Wim didn't need to send the letter anymore, however he did for the peace of mind of all of us. Today, Friday 18th of December, I called the agency and talked to him after he didn't reply to my email asking about the time that we could collect the keys on Monday the 21st of December. I must say He was so rude telling me that the deal was actually not finalize and it wasn't sure we were moving on Monday. He actually said that he didn't care if we were stress and threaten me with the de deal not going trough, (I do have this conversation recorded). I called him a few more times during the day, and he said that he still needed to contact the inventory agency to let us know the time we were moving in. Around 3:30pm we talked again, and to my surprise his threats became quite real when he said that after having a meeting at his office with the landlord and showing him all our private documents like the screenshot of my personal bank account (I believe this is a breach of privacy, when we were told that those kind of documents were only for the reference agency and nobody else needed to see it) the landlord now changed his mind and expect us to pay a year in advance or 6 months for his peace of mind, and continue paying always 6 months in advance. The other option was to fly to Spain and get a paper statement from my bank and have it ready before Monday. Please bare in mind we are in Christmas period and over the weekend, so no bank would be able to do this even if I would have been willing to travel just to get those documents. Once again, breach of privacy since he requested those documents for the landlord and not the reference agency. I couldn't agree to this as it was not part of the deal, however I agreed to pay the first 6 months so the landlord could have peace of mind. Mr Yelverton said he would get back to me within 10 to 15 minutes. Around 4:45 having everything packed and organized, Mr Yelverton called me to say that no matter how much we would pay the landlord changed his mind and couldn't trust us anymore and was not going to rent out the flat anymore. We never meet the landlord since we only deal with the agency. Why did the agency show our private details? (breach of privacy) How did Winkworth handle this so badly that less than 65 hours before moving into the new place the landlord would decided that he is not going to rent the place to us anymore after the meeting held with Mr Yelverton. I do believe his threats were very real. Now we will be without a place to stay in less than 60 hours thanks to the way Winkworth handle this. This is an unacceptable behavior coming from Mr Yelverton pursuing his threats and having dramatic consequences on us leaving us with no place to live. I'll take my time to make sure that this malpractice from Winkworth gets known. I have no other option than to raise a complaint with the NFOPP. Kind regards

“Highly not recommend ”

Written on: 04/09/2015 by Baaaaaaad (1 review written)

Lived in any countries but never faces such a TERRIBLE survice. As soon as they have your money they simply don't bother anymore. They made me feel like they a re making me a favour and not doing there job! Highly wouldn't recommend to work with them!

“Give branch appear disengaged”

Written on: 27/04/2015

Would not recomend under any circumstances. They are just not that interested. You expect estate agents to lie and they certainly appear to. Avoid at all cost or expect little or no service.

“Avoid Avoid Avoid”

Written on: 20/02/2015 by She1985 (1 review written)

I have been renting property from Winkworth This agency is only after tenants money,a specially after moving out! They do absolutley everything to take as much as possible money from deposit! Its very upsetting!!! Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!

“Winkworth Worcester Park - Awful”

Written on: 09/02/2015 by Leahh5 (1 review written)

As a purchaser I have found the whole Winkworth experience terrible. They never return calls or emails and I spent many unnecessary hours on the phone attempting to make contact to get answers to simple questions which they never got back to me on. There is also a weird set up between Winkworth Worcester Park and the Cheam branch where you call Worcester Park but get through to Cheam who then take a message and you hear nothing more. No one knew what anyone else was doing so if someone had a day off, the rest of the office were totally clueless as to what was going on. My own agent also had trouble getting any information from them and said he felt they were the most unprofessional agent they had ever dealt with. I would not recommend them at all.

“Guildford - Marketing my property without my permission”

Written on: 12/01/2015 by ditchy48 (1 review written)

Have been marketing this property as available for over 3 months despite it being under offer and completed for over 2 and a half months. I have tried contacting the agency several times by phone and email asking them to take it off the market and they ignore me even now I am the legal owner the agency refuses to so. We exchanged nearly a month ago and completed last week. I have even contacted the director who also refuses to acknowledge me. Today I asked for their complaints procedure and they would not give me the information just told me to email. I’m very disappointed and angry as I do not want people driving past my house and thinking it is available to buy just so they can use it as an advertising tool to gain prospective buyers. For anyone thinking of using think again as they are extremely unprofessional

“Wink not Worth it”

Written on: 05/01/2015 by Collins228 (1 review written)

This is exactly what you expect from places like Marsh&Parsons, Foxtons and now Winkworth: impersonal, obnoxious, pedantic, useless service (service??). Quick to present you a place for rent as the most marvellous thing, good at hiding known issues, masters at taking your money and misleading you, perfect at bouncing you back to the landlord or the inventory company when you mention that some things are not as they were supposed to be. Once they've taken their commission they basically don't want to talk to you and will serve you answers such as :"you signed a contract", "ask the landlord", "talk to the inventory company". But they're quite happy to call you with "by the way you have to pay fees for the renewal of your contract"... you get the idea. I could go through my personal recent experience, but this is very much what I just served you -for free-. Avoid at all costs doing any business with them. My only satisfaction is that even if I'm a tenant, I am also managing a large real estate inventory for my company and 15 flats we've bought on plans in Putney 18 months ago... we are now reselling through Chestertons, not Winkworth. 292000£ of commissions gone ;-) (wink)

“Terrible - No Empathy for Baby in Flat with Black Mould”

Written on: 02/12/2014 by GloriaSpeight (1 review written)

The service we received was great until we moved in. It took us weeks to get an incomplete inventory. They said they did not get our emails. They didn't take/return our calls. A kitchen cupboard fell on my year old which, six months after moving in, they have still not replaced. They promised on two occasions it would be sorted within 24 hours. It has still not been sorted. Three and half months ago we reported rain penetration. Now we have rain water constantly seeping through the walls into three rooms, including the kitchen next to the boiler, through the light fittings of the bathroom ceiling, and one of the bedroom walls is completely covered with black mould and damp which is now also happening in the second bedroom. The flat is un-livable. They are still ignoring emails, ignoring phone calls, promising action and then none being taken. Do not use these agents if you want a safe, comfortable home to live in particularly if you have children as they seem to think living with a toddler under 2 in a flat with sodden walls and black mould is acceptable.