Halfords Reviews - www.halfords.com

Summary

Halfords are a well known UK based car parts supplier. Their website also includes the Halfords Store Locator, which allows shoppers to find their nearest Halfords service centre.

Halfords - www.halfords.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Halfords - www.halfords.com

Halfords - www.halfords.com

“Halfords shop assistants are great BUT Head Office is BAD”

Written on: 23/12/2020 by Bartlett441 (1 review written)

As most reviews on here praise the shop staff, it is true that most of them are indeed good. However, this company overcharge customers, and after care support is non existent. I once bought a spare tyre from Halfords UK, it was faulty, instead of giving me a refund or a replacement, they made excuses and wasted time on why they would not. The items in the shops are way over priced. You would be better off buying from else where (unless you don't mind getting ripped off, just for the in shop experience).

“Avoid Halfords”

Written on: 20/10/2020 by DrOliverFisher (1 review written)

I am absolutely frustrated by the way I have been treated by Halfords. They have failed to deliver the bike I purchased over 6 weeks ago and have been no help every time I have contacted them for updates about its location. After 30 days of waiting tried to cancel the order to be told I could not, which is in breach not only the Consumer Rights Act 2015, but also their own Terms and Conditions of Sale for Halfords! Have reported them to the UK trading standards and also the European Online Dispute Resolution platform. Would advise other customers to be very careful when ordering online from them.

“Halfords windscreen wipers failure”

Written on: 14/12/2017 by super3richard (1 review written)

I visited the Dartford Heath Lane store no 0795 on Monday 4 December 2017 and had a new set of Halfords windscreen wipers fitted. All ok for two days then I noticed a noise from the wipers when in operation. Ten days later I inspected the wipers and found that one of the wipers had started to fall apart with thin strips of plastic sticking out of the end of the noisy wiper.I took the car back to Halfords, complained about the wipers and was immediately offered a replacement pair of Bosche wipers at £3.00 extra cost! I was told that the Bosche wipers were of superior quality and would last longer than ten days. I got the impression that my wipers were not the first that had fallen apart and this was a routine matter for the staff who were at all times polite and helpful. What I didn't like was that Halfords were selling such poor quality wiper blades that failed after a few days and that I was not provided with decent quality wiper blades in the first place!

“halfords ashton under lyme bike sales”

Written on: 31/10/2017 by howardtheduck1969 (0 reviews written)

I web ordered a Boardman sport bike on Tuesday,that night they phoned to check when I would be collecting,I said Saturday and they said they would build it Friday. So Saturday I arrived at Ashton u Lyme to be told it was a display model, oops I thought but they knocked of 50 quid. So took it away, but when I got home I noticed some wear on the back tyre that led me to notice a rear wheel not to specification a front tyre not to spec.and a loose saddle,which I later found had a bolt missing. Clearly a second hand bike, my local branch also spotted no bell and no reflectors, legal requirements. Customer lack of services want the bike left at local store. OK this is a cut and dry case. How wrong was I,customer lack of service are so blinkered. Three weeks later I got a bike with no real apology or compensation. Be careful which branch you use as quality of service seems to vary a lot.

“Looked After At This Store From the first Minute..”

Written on: 29/10/2017 by waj123 (1 review written)

We went looking for my First Road bike we live in chepstow so decided to travel down to the halfords store at the Maesglas Newport store. On arrival at the Store we was Asked if we needed any help from a Very helpful assistant This lady was very Good taking use Through our options on me picking my first Bike i decided to buy one of the bikes we was also helped by a helpful younger assistant that helped take my bike to my car.. We really Enjoyed our experience at the newport store, giving a very big thank you to the lady I dealt with for her Help. Regards

“Bike repair centre”

Written on: 09/04/2017 by Keeneib61 (1 review written)

Took my bike in for a new cassette and chain. All sorted in 1 hour as I needed it back. No better service than you get from the people at the York store.They had the parts in stock and the price for the work done was incredible.

“carrera subway 1 ”

Written on: 19/06/2016 by Dominiquei286 (1 review written)

Bought a carrera subway 1 hybrid bike for £239.00 no problems when into store staff member built bike in 10 minutes let me check it gave me info on the bike and answered any questions i had, after i decided i liked it he then finished of the bike ready to take away sold me a 1 year bike plan which i think was worth the £20 fee.Also gave me a deal on 2 items i bought so all in all happy with the experience and great bike

“EXCELLENT”

Written on: 04/12/2015 by Aguirre221 (1 review written)

Bought a byke in Paisley Halfords. He served me realy impressed with his expert knowledge and ability.Would recommend the hole experience. Regards George

“Halford's are fantastic ”

Written on: 22/10/2015 by F1mansell (1 review written)

I bought a new bike from my local Halford's in Torquay.I have a weakness down my side so Halford's moved the gears leavers to the left side on my handle bars. They are very thorough and took the time to get me used to it. I highly recommend Halford's as the place to buy a bike.The following people were involved in building my bike so I would like to thank all members of staff at Halford's in Torquay.they all deserve a appraisal as they managed to get a disabled person to be confident on a push bike.Thank you so much Halford's I love my Voodoo Aizen

“Click And Nothing To Collect”

Written on: 19/08/2015 by Noemiz9 (1 review written)

Ordered on line website available for collection from 1 pm following day - was not available and now 8 days later I have received no communication as to availability, ordered elsewhere on line, delivered free the following day at half of Halfords price, will never use them again

“Unreliable and at times incompetent.”

Written on: 09/08/2015 by Aylin271 (1 review written)

Sent my bike in on a Friday afternoon for a rear hub service and was promised it would be complete by Sunday morning. Upon arriving on Sunday morning nothing had been done. On a separate occasion I sent my bike in for new bar tape, the tape started to peel off the bike within 3 days of usage. However they did fit a new cassette and chain for me within as I waited (about an hour) which I did think was very efficient service. Overall cheep, but unreliable. Sometimes service can be good and at other times I can be abysmal.

“Great Service, Product”

Written on: 08/08/2015 by mikey1966 (1 review written)

Purchase of my Carrera bike, great price, product and service.

“Zero communication between customer service and customer”

Written on: 01/07/2015 by Porter396 (1 review written)

After a very long wait on the phone, I was eventually put through to a female customer service agent. I needed an aircon recharge. She wasn't able to book an appointment but put me through to a branch in Croydon. I was cut off after 3 words. Called back and a male agent was able to book me an appointment first thing the following morning. GREAT... When I arrived at 0830 the manager told me he had my booking but the aircon machine had broken down the day before. Containing my anger I asked if there was anything he could do ie call another branch. He started to but then got sidetracked by other customers trooping in. I left with no help at all. Would I use this shower again? I think not.

“terrible service”

Written on: 07/06/2015 by firebyrd (74 reviews written)

both myself and my partner got a garmin satnav each from the Stockport branch, both of them the same model, after a few months the internal battery would not hold the charge on either of them so we took them back and the staff just didn't want to know. they were sarcastic and they and just walked away. We will never use them again for anything.

“MOT OFFER HARROW”

Written on: 30/04/2015 by KEVE (1 review written)

TOOK MY CAR TO HALFORDS AS THEY HAD A OFFER ON. THEY FAILED IT FAIR ENOUGH. BUT THE PRICES THEY QUOTED ME TO GET IT PASSED. NSR GAITOR £150 SHOCK ABSORBER £428 ADJUST HANDBRAKE 42.50 I DRIVE A 2007 VW PASSAT NOT A BENTLEY. I QUESTIONED THE PRICES THEY IT IS YOUR CHOICE SIR NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAD MOT DONE REDONE ELSEWHERE

“Avoid”

Written on: 21/03/2015 by Paulcolyer (1 review written)

Absolutely shocking. Orpington branch attempted to defraud me out of £540 on a bike. Member of staff told me he couldnt refund the bike but 'trust him' come back a day later and he will refund it without me walking out with the bike or any proof. Then i find the members at Orpington were all sacked that day!! Customer service awful and trying the distance themself from the situation. Halfords Orpington steer well clear, completely awful and Halfords as a company are awful.

“Halfords Average but only just.”

Written on: 02/03/2015 by CurtisStrickland400 (1 review written)

I used Halfords to service my car, came out and breaks made a noise like mad, rreturned to Halfords who said fixed, went home just the same, ended up going to my local garage to resolve. wish I had done that at the start. I could have taken it back as I had that option and it is for that that I am giving them 3*

“Online ordering is awful "in stock" took 7 weeks to...”

Written on: 13/02/2015 by AsiaGill (1 review written)

Ordered products online in October 2014. According to website, all items in stock and will be delivered within 5 days or so. Received some items within the allotted time, but some still outstanding 10 days later. Sent an email to Halfords which resulted in an automated response "someone will call within 48 hours" etc. They did not call me. 5 days later received now all but one item. Telephoned Halfords service desk who said the outstanding item was being delivered directly from the manufacturer, they will find out for me and call me back. DID NOT CALL ME BACK. Arrived in mid January. I had bought alternative by then. Online ordering has false stock levels and delivery dates. Halfords online and their customer service is useless. Only good for in-store purchases. Bottom of my list for any future purchases from now on. Will prioritise Amazon and Chain Reaction who I have always found to be reliable.

“complete rip-off”

Written on: 05/01/2015

Wanted to purchase some small plain washers - blister pack of approx. 12 washers offered at £5.59. Refused to buy at this extortionate price and found same at another motorist's shop for 50p!

“200 professional socket set”

Written on: 01/01/2015 by JessieStafford (1 review written)

Bought a 200 piece professional socket set(24/12/14) went to use it on 30/12/14 and noticed that 32mm socket was badly damaged. Socket was actually a square shape. Then on further inspection of socket set, I found that a number of sockets did not fit onto the ratchet. When I looked at the inside of four sockets, they had a lot of metal burrs which were stopping sockets from fitting onto the ratchet. I had to remove all burrs with a screwdriver for them to fit. I think the quality of this kit is poor. I took the 32mm socket back to Halfords to be replaced and now have to wait on new one which is not acceptable as it should have been replaced straight away.

Asked by Vivnicholson on 25th November 2015 Report this content
I bought a few items from Halfords and just looked online and they are £5 cheaper now. Can I return them and get the items for less?

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site