H Samuel Reviews - www.hsamuel.co.uk

H Samuel www.hsamuel.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for H Samuel www.hsamuel.co.uk

H Samuel www.hsamuel.co.uk

“Staff at luton Mall store are extremely rude”

Written on: 17/07/2022 by MaryjaneMoore298 (1 review written)

The customer service are really poor ....staff need customer service training in particular..... I asked for manager I was told to go away and find yourself, rude behaviour as supervisor was also backing up their staff

“Disappointing service”

Written on: 27/05/2022 by Fatim4.Begum (1 review written)

Disappointing service @ H Samuel Westfield Stratford City. On Saturday 21st May 2022 I chose a chain costing £50 & pair of earrings for £55, birthday present for my niece. I checked with 2 staff who confirmed I can use my Bluelight discount card that gives me 15% discount..When I got to the till , 2 managers (senior staff) stopped the assistant from applying the discount.. told her the Bluelight isn't accepted (untrue as I checked later and it's accepted)..The assistant decided to use the buy one get one half price instead and I was ok with that since I really wanted the items. After paying I checked receipt while assistant was packing the items and I realised I was charged £70 for chain. I pointed out the price tag said £50 so the assistant checked and confirmed that it did. She bought it to the same two managers (senior staff) attention and asked if it can be honoured and I only pay £50..but they just said no and that I should just pick something else. No apology! They didn't even think to speak with me directly even though I was standing right in front. At this point I asked for a refund.. purely because I didn't like the service/ attitude. Obviously after leaving the store I checked and realised they were not truthful about not accepting Bluelight card too and this angered me more! Truly disappointing.. I have for years bought from H Samuel but never experienced this kind of service.

“Why is the staff so miserable ?!!!”

Written on: 17/05/2022 by Tia330 (1 review written)

I went to H Samuel Watford branch. The two female members of staff who served me were just so miserable! There were no pleasantries…just a false “hello can I help you?” The staff look like they have no motivation and do not want to be there andI felt quite sorry for them ! It must be a terrible company to work for and the vibe in this branch was “oh for goodness sake just hurry up and stop being so awkward!” They need to greatly improve their customer service.

“Best experience”

Written on: 28/04/2022 by Laurenhodson (1 review written)

We visited the hemel branch. We were helped out and served by a saleswoman and she was amazing! We felt comfortable and she had such amazing knowledge of every single piece of jewellery I asked about. She managed to find me the most perfect ring that was within our budget and all with a smile on her face. I would defiantly recommend and defiantly want to say a massive thank you to the lady who attending to my very fussy needs as she massively went above and beyond for us.

“Item never received ”

Written on: 16/01/2022 by OmarHampton344 (1 review written)

My advice would be to never shop online with this retailer! Their customer service is horrendous, their response times are poor and if you do not receive an item they will not investigate properly and make you liable for good you have not received and charge you. I can honestly say I am shocked and this is one of the poorest customer experiences I have ever had and will never be shopping with H. Samuel again. Before Christmas I received one of two items, which I was very happy with the item I did receive. The items were being sent separately, but there was no tracking number with the item that was not received, so I thought with it being Christmas that there might be a delay, so gave it a few days. When nothing arrived I contacted them on the 22nd December and have constantly contacted the since this date stating the item had not been received at our property on the date they are stating. Throughout my contact I have had, each of my requests have been asking for them to look into it and investigation that the item was never received. My last response, which took three days was that the item had been delivered to the street I live on, but they cannot state which house it was delivered to, so that is as much as they can do and it is out of the investigation time and will still have to charge for the item!? I would like to know how the above works? I did not sign for the item or receive the goods to my home nor my did my neighbours take it for me, I was not responsible for sending the item, I have requested it is looked into after less than a week of the goods not being received, yet I am told my complaint of not receiving my goods cannot be taken any further? I am not sure how that all works and you make the customer liable? I would like it look into fully and either a replacement or a refund of the item not received, as a customer I do not feel this is too much to ask!

“Purchased Tommy Hilfiger which would not work”

Written on: 30/11/2021 by BigEd1945 (1 review written)

H Samuel at Dolphin Centre, Poole. I purchased a Tommy Hilfiger watch at the store on 29112021. A helpful lady helped me with my purchase and set it up for me. On arriving home I found the watch was not working. I telephoned a surly lady at the store who told me I had to bring the watch back to them. I am a pensioner with kidney cancer and struggle to go out. I managed to re-visit the store on 30112021 and a helpful gentleman took the watch and removed a metal piece from behind the crown which started the battery. He apologised profusely that the lady shop assistant from the day before had not done this. I asked why there were no user instructions and he said they do not provide them. All very frustrating.

“Awful company. Stay clear”

Written on: 11/10/2021 by Medeirosbs295 (1 review written)

Trust me. Do not order of H Samuel. Lost my order, wouldn't give me a refund

“Appalling customer service for online orders!”

Written on: 23/09/2021 by Shrestho77 (1 review written)

I have been a regular customer of H.Samuels for the better part of the last 2 years or so. They have been my go to place for good deals on entry level watches and jewelry gift items but today, I got to see a horrible side of them. I ordered a Seiko 5 Sports watch, reference number SNKD97K1 a week ago. The timepiece was on a great deal, with all the discounts I placed the order for £68, the lowest I have ever seen for this watch. Naturally, the product was in high demand and it was getting in and out of stock every day or so. A week later, today, when I was due to receive the watch, I felt suspicious of the fact that I hadn't received any text/emails from DX deliveries, (their postage provider) and so I gave their customer services a call. To my utter shock, it was then that the customer rep informs me that the product is out of stock and the order was cancelled! I mean, I placed the order a week ago and now they are telling me that the product was out of stock!?!!?? Upon further inquiry, the rep explained that their website does not show updated stock info. I could even see on my H.Samuels account that the product was Dispatched and was "In Transit" but the rep said it was wrong info displayed from their system and while I was on the phone they updated the order status to cancelled. In terms of compensation, all they could offer was me to look for any other alternative of the same price on their website, which was impossible they recently had a huge sale and most of the mechanical/automatic timepieces were already sold by now! I feel cheated, misled and extremely disappointed at such callous behaviour from a company with recognition and reputation of H.Samuels! It's not the case that I didn't get the watch I wanted, but the way they handled the situation that is particularly unacceptable to me. They could've given me a voucher to use later for the same or equivalent product later or they could've just raised a ticket to send the product whenever it gets in stock later. But they did none of that, just shrugged their shoulders and asked me to move on, after keeping me waiting for 1 whole week! If they had told me this earlier, I could've even gone for a Fossil me3102, a mechanical watch with comparable price and (a little less desirable) specs. But they didn't! They have surely lost a loyal customer in me and several others whom I know as this kind of "promising more than you can handle" attitude is reminiscent of schemes and I will no longer suggest H.Samuels to anyone I know.

“you owe me money for an item that has been returned to...”

Written on: 11/03/2021 by fdoocey (1 review written)

you owe me money for an item that has been returned to you for a number of weeks and you are now refusing to respond to my emails. Requested a manager call back over 2 weeks ago and have still not received it!! Can I have my money back and a response to my emails?

“Don't buy off these people”

Written on: 28/01/2021 by joeronan (1 review written)

Ordered a Xmas gift early December but by Xmas eve nothing and unable to get through on the phone. Reluctantly cancelled ( they confirmed receipt of my cancellation ) but they replied NO you cannot due to our small print which only gives you five days to cancel so they went and produced and engraved my gift middle January!!!! well over a month after my order! Citizens advice and Trading standards have both confirmed they acted illegally next step for me is small claims court where I will recover my costs plus refund ! I can really do without this they treat their customers like fools. They even censor their published reviews and refused to post mine because it was poor. Don't use them.

“Poor service”

Written on: 06/11/2020 by Adamsua184 (1 review written)

The service at Halifax branch was awful when I placed an order for earrings, the Manager (a large overweight woman) who served me was rude, defensive and the other staff were rather off putting, noise in the air, glasses falling off it, unpleasant too. Very poor customer service. I’d ordered the earrings to be delivered to my home address and when it arrived it came in a shoddy paper envelope, it wasn’t signed for as I was told it would be and the earrings came in a plastic bag in a box, looked very poor quality for white gold earrings costing nearly £60. I’ve bought earrings before and it was packaged a lot better than this. It makes me think it come from a shoddy not so genuine retailer. It also makes me think the horrible Manager has done this in purpose. I’ll never make another purchase again! Or go into the Halifax store, horrible women. No customer service skills between them. Very disappointed. Definitely wouldn’t recommend.

“Fantastic service from Inverness store”

Written on: 03/03/2020 by Margaret103 (1 review written)

I went in to buy a chamilia charm bracelet. Although I was in a wheelchair, it posed no problem to view the jewellery. The staff were very attentive and mindful as to what I would like it to look like and the theme of it. They were very patient showing me lots of the charms and how they would fit together etc. All in all a great experience and I ended up with a beautiful bracelet which I am very pleased with. Well done.

“Engagement ring ”

Written on: 11/02/2018 by Jomac66 (1 review written)

My husband bought my engagement ring from the Middlesbrough branch of h M samuels.The whole cluster of the ring came away from the ring.I sent it off paying £89.00 for the repair it came back and after a few days 2stones fell out.I took it into the shop again and was told they couldn't repair it but if I could find the proof of purchase they would replace it.Customer service found my proof of purchase so I rang the Middlesbrough branch to be told they wouldn't replace the ring and that it was coincidental that the stones fell out a few days after the repair.The manageress from the Middlesbrough branch has a very unprofessional abrupt and nasty attitude she speaks down at you and I would never ever by anything from this shop or and h samuels again.WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED SHOCKING.

“Customer service is a joke! Bluewater staff nasty ”

Written on: 14/01/2018 by JakaylaBrooks314 (1 review written)

I wouldn’t even rate HSamuels 1 star! Customer service team is absolute joke! Took me nearly 4 weeks to get a refund of my ring. I was sold a more expensive ring out of their so called ‘chocolate le vein range’. The ring lost its purple colour and shine within 2 weeks! They said apparently I wash my hands too much and that’s what happens to the colour stone rings and all I need to do every week is a toothbrush clean on the ring! I was told this is a everyday wearable ring when I bought it - yeah right, such a lie! Costing £350 they refused to give me a refund as kept saying there is no fault with the ring. Nightmare waiting for customer services on the phone took hours! I had to keep chasing them up myself, once they have your money they really don’t care if u have a problem with your goods after. So I definitely would NOT recommended this horrible company. The blue water branch seriously are a horrid bunch of people especially all ladies. They did not want to serve me knowing my problem with this ring, attitude was a joke, didn’t bother talking properly at all with me as I wasn’t a buying customer anymore! After ALOT of hassle they offered me an exchange of £350 but not my refund of £350. I struggled to find anything else I liked in their stupid store. Also can I mention they gave me a WEEK ONLY to exchange or nothing. Seriously a joke of a company! In the end the closest I came to liking anything was a ring for £599 which I then exchanged and paid extra £249 for on top of the already £350! Definitely would NOT recommend this store as customer service is real bad! They don’t care about u once they have got your money!! Bluwater store are nasty people. Lady funnily enough started being friendly once she knew I was buying the more expensive £599 ring for exchange. Otherwise she was a bloody stone and didn’t talk or help!

“Non-existent customer service”

Written on: 07/03/2016 by Jonahr179 (1 review written)

I am astounded by the appalling service I have received from a well known, national chain. It all started when I ordered a necklace from H Samuel for my wife for Valentines Day. I ordered it on 7th February with delivery promised on Tuesday, 9th February but delivery was not attempted by DX Delivery until Thursday 11th February. I was out when it was delivered and a card was left asking me to rearrange delivery online or by phone. The tracking number hand written on the card was not recognised by the DX online system so I had to call their premium rate number. The person on the other end of the phone could not trace the package and it turned out that I had been left the wrong card with the wrong telephone number on it. After many more phone calls to DX and H Samuel, the necklace was eventually delivered on 19th February; some 12 days after I had ordered it and 5 days after Valentines Day. I was informed by H Samuel Customer Services that a goodwill payment amounting to 10% of my order value would be refunded to me to compensate me for the poor service I had received. That was over 2 weeks ago and no payment has been received. I decided to return the necklace as I had to buy an alternative gift in time for Valentines Day and contacted H Samuel to ask how to do so. I was told that as I had paid for the item using Paypal I could not return it to store and should return it via the post. I was informed that a return label would be posted to me and I should expect it within 3 days. One week on, when no label had been received, I contacted H Samuel Customer Services by email asking where the label was. Despite their promises that all emails would be answered within 2 days, I received no response to my email and no return label either. Frustrated by the whole experience, I drove 10 miles to my nearest H Samuel store on the weekend and managed to obtain a refund, despite being informed that this was not possible by the Customer Services team. I have given up all hope of receiving the compensation payment I was promised but console myself in the knowledge that the whole sorry saga is eventually over and I will never have to deal with H Samuel again. I am writing this review to warn anyone thinking of shopping H Samuel that their customer service is non-existent and they treat their customers with utter contempt.

“Generally products are OK, but chains and website are...”

Written on: 19/02/2015

Some of the products are quite decent, and when offers are on down from £100-200 they can be great value. However we've had recent necklace purchases fall apart, not snagged or strained, just links or connections failing. They do replace them, but it requires a trip to the shop and belcher chains are thicker enough that they shouldn't break that easily. Their website is truly awful, one of the worst checkout systems around, it repeatedly fails and hangs with "processing" during checkout leaving you unsure whether they've taken an order for a few hours until, an email doesn't arrive. Website doesn't display or work properly on tablets and phones. Frankly it's quicker to drive to a shop.

“Twice miserable”

Written on: 27/11/2014 by Tierney288 (1 review written)

Having ordered from this site before it was a few years ago but I vaguely remember it being a truly miserable experience. Low and behold my order hasn't even been shipped yet and I'm already regretting my purchase. The item I purchased was 'in stock' with 'free next day delivery' but apparently that means 5 working days minimum. My VISA was declined due to a fraud check, first time I've ever had a credit card declined for any reason, hmm! I sort it out with my bank, place my order and low and behold - no order confirmation email. I email customer services asking why I didn't even get a receipt, 2 working days lead-time for a reply to a simple query! We liked a specific ring that wasn't in store so I have to put up with this nonsense but if you have a choice then I cannot recommend these people.

“Credit and Debit card payment problems - use PayPal.”

Written on: 20/01/2014

I experienced problems paying for my goods on the H Samuel's web site using a Visa Debit or MasterCard Credit card. Before Christmas I tried to buy goods from website, also used a discount voucher code and I completed all my cards details correctly but eventually encountered a problem. The website message said said there was an error and that the card used was not authorised by the bank. I tried different cards - all of which failed. These cards had been used successfully elsewhere. I think this final part of the payment process includes a 3-d secure part which was not successful- problem with website perhaps? Tried using different browsers including IE, Firefox and Safari however all the card payments would not run to success. I reported the problem to the telephone support and the problem was not one there had encountered before. Their suggestion was to use IE. This not resolve the problem. I eventually abandoned my purchase all together. Update: Yesterday Jan 19th 2014, tried to purchase a number of items again, and still ran into the same problems. Used different cards and browsers and even a different computer at a different site. Unfortunately I encountered no success. BUT...Tried the PayPal payment option and success. I hope this helps if you are having problems. Regards

“Great shop,very friendly staff! ”

Written on: 04/01/2014

Most of the things that I like here is the patience of staff members,focus in the job,and the security in the shop. Very good organisation inside,and that is very important!

“Avoid”

Written on: 03/09/2013 by London-er (1 review written)

Don't bother ordering from Hsamuel. They drag customers to their websites with attractive and fake sale-prices. Only to turn around and cancel the order as out-of-stock. Sending you an email with a lengthy T&C. My order with Hsamuel was just cancelled this morning 03/09/13(order# 609296679) Though it is still showing in-stock on their website now at a full price. (I placed my order at their sale price) 30/08/13 I called customer service and they refused to offer me the same item @ a sale price, advising me to place another order at a full and current price. I even asked for another colour of the same item which they have in stock and they refused. I find this very irritating after waiting for days and this is all I could get. That's why Amazon is so reliable and trustworthy with a no-nonsense customer service. It’s not a secret why more and more customers are moving up to them. Would anyone be surprised to hear Hsamuel has crumbled tomorrow? With an attitude like this it shows that customers mean nothing to them. I wonder if I would have anything to do with them in future.....obviously nothing. And interestingly, lots of people have same issues with them....just read it online yourself.

Terrytango's Response to London-er's Review

Written on: 16/10/2018

I visited hsamuel pontypridd I was served by a young lady Saren found me the watch I was looking for freindy exelant service its a big fat yes from me

Read 1 Comment