SCS Sofas - www.scssofas.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for SCS Sofas - www.scssofas.co.uk

“Absolutely awful company”

Written on: 08/08/2022 by allen2502 (8 reviews written)

I am absolutely disgusted with the way this company runs. And the qaulity of there goods. We got sent a suite which was damaged in transit. So was stuck with it until new suite was ordered. Then the replacement came. What a bag of poo it is. Trying to stay polite. Stitching all wrong and crooked. Material all loose and baggy. Insufficient stuffing. Poor qaulity material. This is an inferior replacement to an identical suite that was returned. Upholster came out. And agreed. Structurally was sound. But material wasn't stretched. Stuffing insufficient. Stitching not smoth etc etc. So we waiting for scs. One week. Nothing. So I rung and emailed. Would deal with it as a matter of urgency. There technician was reading the report. 2 weeks later nothing. So i ring again. Only to be told . Yeah we made a decision. Forgot to tell you. We not doing anything. The suite is adequate. Go away. No point appealing we won't change our mind. Absolutely shocking company. I will never return. And encourage everyone else to avoid these them.

“Never again..”

Written on: 08/07/2022 by Kirklandsk426 (1 review written)

We purchased a leather sofa from SCS. After 5 years the leather started to peel off, very slight at first and now there are big patches missing all over the sofa. We went into SCS and explained the problem and they explained there was a manufacturing issue with the sofa we purchased, due to the leather laminating process, the leather was peeling off hence they pulled the product. I asked how long they would cover such an issue and was advised that a problem like this would always be covered. However, upon contacting their customer service, they explained the warranty had passed and they would not do anything further. I was amazed at such behavior when they knew they were selling defective products. So obviously SCS will never have our custom again and I hope this feedback saves a few others from this terrible product and service.

“Poor quality furniture. Great customer service.”

Written on: 18/05/2022 by Piketi444 (1 review written)

I observed the furniture on the floor and it seemed fine. It arrived to my home and within a month it looks like rental furniture. Cushions immediately show wear. This is furniture for a rental property that gets replaced often. Go somewhere else.

“SCS Lazy Boy ( Made in China )”

Written on: 13/04/2022 by Glenn1949 (1 review written)

If wondering why it took so long for your furniture to arrive it is because it is coming from China so why not go to the Made in China website where you will no doubt find your sofa and chairs selling for a fraction of the price you paid for them but still under the Lazy Boy manufacturers name. Yes you will have to pay for shipping but it will still be a fraction of what you will pay to SCS for what you may be led to believe is a good quality suite made by Lazy Boy in the USA. I fell for the in shop video spiel telling me of the origins of Lazy Boy furniture but nobody told me that the £3500 suite we bought was coming from China or Malaysia, the end result was a sofa that had springs that creaked a wooden frame that cracked and cushions that sunk and all this happened within 2 months of receiving it.

“Avoid, avoid, avoid!”

Written on: 28/01/2022 by BradynDoyle500 (1 review written)

There was absolutely no issue buying my sofas in store. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The big, big issue is the after care - THERE IS NONE. I have gone round in circles with them for several months now, continually being told that someone will look into my problem and get back to me - THEY NEVER DO. I can honestly say in all my years, I have never come across a company with such abysmal customer service. I am fed up contacting them, and I get a response saying someone will contact me in 2-3 days, but then they don't. I really don't know how this company is still operating. Several months down the road and my problem still has not been looked into, never mind resolved.

“Appalling Customer Service From Management”

Written on: 29/12/2021

Terrible customer service from a manager at a Derby Store today, walked away upset and in tears and poor sales woman who was so polite and well mannered lost out on her sale. Manager asks me a question and part way rudely interrupts me and tells me I'm not answering his question, may be he should have stopped to listen, this is not the only thing that got my back up, prior to this he said several things that I had to bite my tongue on. Never have I ever belittled or talked to my customers like this, no staff member should talk to their customers as if they are stupid and they are entitled to answer a question how they would like to. After seeing all of the bad reviews I am so lucky I did not purchase the Italia Lucca, it seems it could have been a costly mistake.

“Do not order from this company!”

Written on: 30/11/2021 by JackieT43 (1 review written)

Ordered a dining set. Got delivered by two very weary delivery guys with two table tops and NO legs, two chairs were missing bolts, had to call customer service to try and resolve. No ownership, no one gets back to you. Eventually got an answer after several phone calls, we won’t get the missing legs and bolts before Christmas. SCS can’t offer a solution to resolve their mistake or want to take any steps to put the mistake right and make sure a customer has the issue solved before christmas. They don’t reply to e mails. They don’t return calls. They have no escalation process. Staff tell you the wrong thing. Lack empathy and won’t put you through to a manager. Apparently they have no managers. Maybe that’s the problem! AVOID at all cost. I accept things go wrong from time to time but it’s how you put them right that matters. Wouldn’t call the furniture cheap either it was £1500. This company: no after care whatsoever.

“Wish I read reviews before I bought from SCS”

Written on: 18/11/2021 by 411Eaton (1 review written)

Bought Pepe 3 piece suite and footstool May 2021. Expected delivery date 13th August. Contacted SCS end of July, as going away on holiday and having decorating , new fire and carpet fitted while I was away.SCS confirmed again delivery scheduled for 13th August. Went ahead and disposed of old furniture. While I was away received email stating that due to COVID delivery had now been delayed until beginning of September. Received an email middle of September asking for balance to be paid so a delivery date could be scheduled. Tried over 150 times to pay but no one answered the phone so delivery was delayed by another week. Eventually the furniture arrived after 22 weeks (SCS quoted me 13 weeks) but no footstool arrived. This was delayed by a further 4 weeks. The suite is like sitting on a brick, returned to store to be greeted by a very rude salesman, after sitting on the store sofa, which was extremely comfy was told it was nothing to do with them and to contact the after sales service, which we did. A lovely and sympathetic man called yesterday and explained the salesman in store should have said the one you will buy will be made from different foam and it will not be the same as the display model. Accepted what he said and reported this matter to our local trading standards department.

“Horrendous fitting, complaints not resolved”

Written on: 26/10/2021 by Little382 (1 review written)

Do not use this company! I have had the most horrendous carpet fitting, full agreement from the after care team that it is unacceptable and yet no action to resolve it. Constantly being told it all hangs on a response from one individual in the whole company which isn't forthcoming. They have fitted wrong items, different to what I ordered and also had me wait in for a whole day where someone was going to correct it only for no one to turn up. This has now been going on for weeks. I have made official complaints with no formal responses and requested information on how to escalate or details of the correct ombudsman to approach. They have told me verbally there is no escalation process, so they clearly expect me to just get bored and go away. The service has been absolutely horrendous from start to finish. Would not advise using this company for anything!

“Damage by carpet fitters”

Written on: 13/10/2021 by disgustedmick (1 review written)

Carpet fitters arranged by SCS damaged room. SCS state they are not responsible for damage and therefore will not compensate for the damage. Fitters are abusive and make unsubstantiated claims about the decoration they have damaged. The customer service from SCS is terrible. Don't buy from this company!

“3 seater lucky boy sofa”

Written on: 22/09/2021 by Southview24 (1 review written)

had a new lucky bo sofa delivered by 2 very helpful guys assembeld and working no problem - thanks guys

“Just a warning”

Written on: 14/09/2021 by Nevik5 (1 review written)

Just a warning. Purchased two sofas back in 2017 for about £1,600. I know some time ago and for some not much money. Also paid £420 for the 5 year peace of mind all included insurance policy. The sofas have cracked, holes appeared, rips - really quite bad - and recline motion faulty. I attempted to claim for one huge hole, insurance will not cover it and one explanation for the degradation is hair oils - not damaged other sofas - and sunlight. We live in Wales! Customer services no empathy at all can not even cancel insurance policy. Meant to be leather now told it isn't, some kind of substitute. Just be careful, other places to shop.

“worked there”

Written on: 09/09/2021 by steveinbtn (1 review written)

I have just spent 9 days working for them in their delivery call centre. I have never worked for such an unprofessional company. I asked the managers to keep the swearing and noise volume to a minimum when I am on the phone. and I was told that's how we work The day after I left they brought a new thing in that mate that ever changed of delivery has to be authorised by a manager which is most calls which create delays and more anger. so many of the deliveries were very late. The main manager never once spoke to me in that 9 days even though it's a small room. They found out that I was leaving so they sacked me to save face with the agency as most of the agents only last a day or 2. I hope the managers go on staff retention courses. and finally, the reviews are mostly good on here because the store gets them to do a review in store but that before SCS mess up with the delivery. I could say more but I will leave it at that.

“Only just ordered but service great so far. ”

Written on: 14/08/2021

My salesman was a guy at the Basildon store. He was so so helpful not pushy but full of info showed us all round and left us to decide what we wanted. Really helpful guy SCS are very lucky to have him. If my delivery is on time with no hitches they will get top marks from a satisfied customer.

“ AVOID”

Written on: 13/08/2021 by JaylaBuckley (1 review written)

Absolutely disgusting customer service from scs lay z boy is awful quality framework breaking away recliners squeak and lean to one side the framework is astonishing I paid over £3000 for a sofa and extra insurance that isnt worth the paper it written and covers for nothing !! ALERT all I’ve had is people come out trying to say it’s human damage !! It’s barley used !! And On both ends in the same place sure and I suppose the collapsed cardboard armrests are too ! Thanks lazy boy sofa and to think I went on good judgment more fool me ! Now I have to find more money great one

“Terrible customer service ”

Written on: 08/08/2021 by GracieGreer453 (1 review written)

Ordered a sofa, arm chair, accent chair and footstool in April 2021. I was told delivery would be 24th June or 4 weeks before or 4 weeks after. Phoned the beginning of July for an update as to date of delivery and was told delivery moved to 12 July. Why was I not informed. Phoned 12 July for an update and was told 21st July, why was I not told. Phoned 21st July and was told 9th August, why was I not told. Just phoned 9th and was told 21st August, why was I not told. What totally annoys me is the flippant way I'm told of the delay in delivery AFTER I PHONE THEM. I understand manufacturers are having trouble with Covid19 and materials but why do I have to phone SCS for an update when they have my email address and mobile number. After I ring them they send me an email to update me on what I have already been told WHEN IVE PHONED TGEM I'm sure that's to cover their dreadful incompetence. I will ring on 21st August for an update as they won't ring me. Totally appalling and unacceptable customer service. Shocking cannot describe them enough.

“Awful service from staff & managers”

Written on: 02/08/2021 by JonathonSchwartz (1 review written)

Literally followed around the store by 4 members of staff, trying to sell us a sofa, which we was wanting to do, without being pushed into it. 4 members of staff, all discussing their targets, and that they had to hit them, and they didn't care if they had £300, or £3000 that day, as they hadn't made a sale....after spending 30 mins there, left, as was so uncomfortable being hounded. No Sale from me, ever with service like this. ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

“Worst ever company”

Written on: 31/07/2021 by HafizAhmad (1 review written)

The worst company ever to deal with! I ordered carpets for my new house on 2nd of June and I was told they would be ready in 3-4 weeks so I was given keys for my new house as per that. Unfortunately they did not do the carpets for the house (only one small room was done) as per promise and I was given another date of end of June, they didn't do the carpets again. I was given a date of start of July, carpets not done again. Then another date of 7th July, caprts not done. Then 10th July, not done, then 13 July still not done. Then 15th July not done. End of July date still not done. Then I was told they are coming in store on 30th July, today when I called they said carpets still haven't turned up. I was living with my family in a rented house so I was paying the rent there as well as paying mortgage for my new house as waiting for the flooring. I had to change my move out date at least 4 times and then my landlord politely asked me to stop it as he got new tenants. I moved into my new house (of our dreams) which was not carpeted yet. There is dirt everywhere making my couple of carpets dirty as I am still waiting for my lounge, stairs with landing and one bedroom carpets. Their customer service is pathetic and when I said I wanted to speak to the manager they did not call me back and it's been 2 weeks at least while I was told they would get back to me in 2 days. They said they can only give me 10% of the order which is nothing as I had to stay extra one month in that rented house while I could have been in my house and I was paying mortgage as well so being charged double kind of. I would advise everyone to STAY AWAY FROM THEM! They are not worth it and they don't value their customers at all!

“AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!”

Written on: 28/07/2021 by J111555 (1 review written)

If I could give them zero star I would! I have been waiting over 18months for damaged furniture to be replaced! Do not buy from here!! They give horrendous customer service and consistently fob you off! You have to pester and pester and I’m still waiting now for this to be rectified!!!

“Avoid at all costs!”

Written on: 13/07/2021 by Madeleine339 (1 review written)

Brand new house - yet fitters managed to damage most brand new skirting boards (every single one in one room). They haven't been repaired (over one month now) with no sign of them getting repaired. The carpets were fitted so poorly - everything you can expect that could be terrible with a fitted carpet we have - some don't fit the room, most are wavey and not fitted to the grippers... The fitters swearing in my house... Only half the carpets arrived on time, the other half are coming a month late Spent hours upon hours on the phone trying to resolve - quite simply they don't care Please avoid at all costs - support a small local business instead