SCS Sofas - www.scssofas.co.uk

SCS Sofas - www.scssofas.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for SCS Sofas - www.scssofas.co.uk

“Scs very very bad”

written by Louis473 on 04/06/2024

SCS Try and get the returns policy from them, It's none existance Stay clear of this company

“Review of SCS Sofas”

written by MichaelaH on 28/05/2024

Southampton branch SCS, agent was & is amazing I’d highly recommend speaking to him when purchasing amazing price amazing conversation very smooth simple process & im extremely happy with my purchase. he has been with SCS for 16+years … amazing dedicated guy!!

“Don't even consider!”

written by Sinco on 22/05/2024

You certainly get what you pay for. I'm not really one for clichés, but in this instance it's fitting. Don't think your getting a bargain - you get what you pay for both in product and service! THEY ordered the wrong colour. I pointed this out and it was supposedly changed. They STILL sent the wrong colour. I had to wait a further 4 weeks before the correct order was delivered - then it was 3 days late in being fitted. I was offered £85 'compensation' for a £1000 order. Insult! Inconvenienced doesn't begin to cover it. Whatever happened to 'right first time'? NOT impressed and would NOT recommend unless you want nothing but hassle - they're VERY good at that! Date of experience: 25 April 2024. Further to: If Head Office ScS contact you asking for further information and you take the time to provide it - it's only for THEIR information - they don't actually DO anything apart from slopey shoulders and hand it back to the branch manager where you first started! What an outfit! BUYER BEWARE - STEER WELL CLEAR!

“Terrible customer service, expensive sub standard...”

written by Susieann61 on 19/03/2024

Bought 2 sofas from ScS in Dec 2022 they arrived April 2023 and looked great. By August 2023 it was plain one seat wasn’t right. After a few weeks a technician came out and said that something had gone, he wrote it all on his tablet and recorded the strange sound and said he would order parts. We waited and heard nothing so called and was told a manager had overruled the tech and nothing would be done. We complained and a second tech came and after a few minutes said nothing was wrong (we suspect he was told to say that) he refused to compare it to the other seats or even sit on it. We have contacted CAB Consumer Services and the ombudsman who finally got back to us last week and said that neither report mentions anything wrong or parts being ordered. We were stunned because that means they have altered or even removed the original report from the first tech, we are now getting an independent one done. We are disabled pensioners and only bought these sofas as my husband had a small inheritance and we wanted to have some comfort for our health h conditions, we also hoped it would last us for whatever time we have left. It has caused great anxiety.

“APPALLING SERVICE”

written by 395Tobin on 29/02/2024

carpets ordered in November, with agreed delivery date of early Dec. the delivery date was a deal breaker when we were shopping around. told carpet available for fitting end of Feb and no apology. Here we are 29th feb and still no carpet, no contact, no date, no apology.

“Abysmal experience with SCS”

written by GallopingGirlie on 04/02/2024

Terrible experience with SCS. Went to them for laminate flooring for our hallway in October 2023 (Livingston, West Lothian store), after being very happy when buying a living room carpet a few years back from their Edinburgh store. We found the flooring we liked, had a visit from their surveyor shortly after to measure up and confirm the flooring we'd chosen suited our hallway, and arranged finance. The flooring, underlay and door bars arrived 2-3 weeks later, and we were told the fitter would be in touch shortly after to arrange a fitting date. So far, so good. We then heard nothing for a few weeks and had to call SCS several times before eventually being called by the fitter and told he'd be out on 1st December to fit the flooring. We both booked a day off work for this and turned the house upside down, moving everything out of our fairly large hallway and 2 hallway cupboards in preparation. The fitter duly arrived, and immediately lost the plot, ranting at us about this being a bigger job than he'd been told and one that would take a few days and cost way more than he'd been quoted for doing the job by SCS. He also told us that the laminate we had was completely wrong for our floor! We contacted SCS and their surveyor came out again and confirmed that the laminate was correct for our floor. SCS offered to rearrange a date with the same fitter, but stated this wouldn't be likely before Christmas. We were not happy with this. We did not wish to use the same fitter after his previous nonsense, and did not appreciate the thought of our home being in disarray over Christmas. The best solution SCS could offer was that we found our own fitter! Fortunately we were able to find a very skilled and proficient local fitter who had a last minute cancellation, so was able to fit the flooring just before Christmas, and did a brilliant job (costing us nearly £400). However, near the end of the fitting, he discovered that he door bars provided by SCS (apparently the correct ones for the flooring) were the wrong ones and wouldn't fit the 12mm depth of the flooring. We reported this to SCS straightaway and were told that someone from the flooring department would call us back about this. It's now the first week in February, and we still await a response or resolution to this issue. My partner has called numerous times and is fobbed off each time with the same excuse... it's still being 'looked into by the flooring team'. So, we're left with £75 worth of door bars we are paying for as part of the finance agreement, an unfinished floor, and the risk of chipping and damage at the doorways as the edges are not protected by door bars. I'm incredibly disappointed by the poor customer service and lack of response/resolution from SCS over this. I have raised this today with Trading Standards, and will be contacting the finance provider too to see if they can offer any assistance. If you're considering flooring, I'd look elsewhere.

“Dissatisfied ”

written by Lawson240 on 06/12/2023

Regrettably, our experience with SCS Harlow has not met the anticipated standard of service. Following the acquisition of our first home, we conducted thorough research and determined that SCS Harlow was the preferred destination for our furniture needs, including a sofa, carpets, and a dining table with chairs. Unfortunately, our experience has been marred by several issues. The carpet consistently lifts during routine vacuuming, the sofa was delivered in a damaged condition, and, most notably, the table and chairs were never received. Despite multiple interactions with various members of the customer service team, during which we conveyed our dissatisfaction with the situation, our concerns remain unaddressed. Ultimately, we opted to cancel the table and chairs order. However, we did not receive confirmation of the cancellation. A week later, upon contacting SCS Harlow, we discovered that the order was still pending, with an anticipated delivery date in January 2024, attributing the delay to manufacturing constraints. It is noteworthy that our initial order was placed in September 2023, with an assurance that all items would be fulfilled by early November. Regrettably, it seems that the individuals we have engaged with thus far have not effectively executed their respective responsibilities, despite readily accepting payment. This situation raises concerns about the competence and professionalism within the organization. For those considering SCS Harlow for their furniture needs, we caution against the possibility of receiving damaged goods or experiencing non-delivery. We strongly recommend that SCS Harlow prioritizes improvements in communication with both manufacturers and staff. The burden of rectifying lapses in professionalism, communication, and transparency should not fall upon the customer. We assert that, as paying customers, we should not bear the consequences of their operational shortcomings. Considering the disheartening experience thus far, we anticipate a prompt resolution and a refund that appropriately compensates for the inconvenience, time wasted, and the receipt of damaged goods. Our hope is for a swift and amicable resolution to rectify the current situation. However, given the nature of our experience, we express our profound disappointment and advise potential customers to explore alternative options for their furniture needs.

“Nice - but higher price than expected ”

written by 415McGrath on 20/11/2023

Nice sofa which was delivered smoothly and earlier than originally forecast, which was good. Surprised by how much we ended up paying though. On top of showroom price we were charged £100 for delivery, which seems steep, and a further £90 for cushion filling to match that in the showroom model. Call centre told us 'standard' filling does not hold its shape and you have to re-shape cushions every time someone has sat on them. No one told us this until after we had ordered the sofa, which I don't regard as good practice.

“I purchased a sisi italia lloyd sofa and after only 16...”

written by Jdc90 on 24/09/2023

I purchased a sisi italia lloyd sofa and after only 16 month the leather as severely peeled away on the seats,I have contacted scs but the aftercare is appalling and they don't want to know claiming its customer accidental damage. Well if sitting on a sofa counts as accidental damage then it's not fit for purpose in my opinion. I have looked into this problem and it's the delamination of the leather causes this to happen when it's either poor leather or the way it's been oversprayed during manufacturing. Scs will not take responsibility for this at all .They claim they have highly trained technicians and trust their reports ,that's the same technicians that they let go shortly after my complaint and now source the work out to a company. The ombudsman is supposed to be independent but they only go on the report from scs.I requested a second inspection of the sofa but this was denied. I intend to keep fighting this case as they have taken my money for furniture that I believe is of inadequate quality. I have read alot of reviews on different sites were others have had the same problem that I'm experiencing. I really don't understand how they get away with this at all. Please don't waste your hard earned money at scs I wish I had read reviews before making a purchase.

“Leather stretching all over on 4 week old settee”

written by 162Jamison on 23/08/2023

Leather stretching all over on 4 week old settee. That bad on seating we can only sit on it for so long as it all creases beneath you and is very uncomfortable. After what I paid I am disgusted with this firm . Will telling all my friends never to buy from this firm. Dis.gusted with your Aftersales policy.

“Not Fit For Long Term Endurance”

written by CarnoustieCitizen on 13/06/2023

We have had an Endurance Claudius suit for a total cost of £4500. It’s not a month old and the material is starting to fray. This will be the start of other deterioration. We have no pets nor children, We will see what SCS decides to do with out situation. We have no confidence in this present suite. Also we asked THREE times for the after care clearing kit We paid for. Twice we were told the warehouse were dealing with it. If SCS are worth their reputation they will exchange this suite that is already showing signs of wearing out . We will await and see what happens next.

“Bought flooring ”

written by orhanaydin on 14/05/2023

Bought flooring on the 19th of February and waited 3 months for it to arrive, only to be told today that it has been cancelled due to a shortage of stock. We have tried to contact the company however, the phone number does not work. Such a waste of time, very disappointed! DO NOT BUY FLOORING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

“Avoid...”

written by Kyan351 on 15/04/2023

Maybe highly rated company on trustpiolet but this is because they basically 'strongly' encourage you to leave a review for a discount. This review site speaks for itself. when things don't go as they should then they don't want to know. Had sofa less than 2 years and springs have slowly been popping away from frame. They say its out of warrenty but no clue about my statutory rights. Should last longer than this and currently got a court date with them. Alls I wanted is the springs putting back into the frame. You can see where they were nailed in to close to edge and nails cracked out of the frame. Always used DFS tried SCS but never again. If you choose this company just hope nothing goes wrong

“Do NOT BUY !!”

written by Vincenth133 on 11/04/2023

Fantastic staff ….so, at 73yrs old , purchased , what I thought will be my last sofa … Aurora sofa unit … Delivered and within 2 days realised the seat cushions are soo poor quality … On investigation , 3 pieces of poor quality foam make up the inner of seats …. they crease down to sofa frame when you sit in them !!! This did not happen in showroom !!! With atheritis hips and knees I was careful to check the firm seats and height on buying my £1,350 sofa … What a huge mistake !!!! DO they use special display seating ….. ?

“Avoid like the plague ”

written by AAshleyoco on 10/03/2023

Of anyone’s thinking of buying a new sofa AVOID ScS Sofas placed a order for a new sofa back in November that was due to come February it was then delayed till March tried to cancel it due to the delay and was told I couldn’t as it was under 28 days. I then got a phone call 2 days ago to arrange delivery for this coming Monday. To then get a phone call today to be told it’s arrived faulty and I could be waiting a further 4 months for a replacement. The customer service is the one of worse I have ever experienced.

“Noah sofa chair”

written by Auntieg on 16/02/2023

Arrived on time and looks fantastic in my home crew. Representatives were polite and very professional excellent service I would highly recommend them to anyone

“Heading to 4 MONTHS and still waiting”

written by DWaB on 13/01/2023

I purchased a sofa on 2nd October in the Bolton store and still haven't received it. We changed the design 8 days after purchase because we couldn't cancel after 7 days and as such our statutory rights were invalid. Besides, the sofa was released and being manufactured. So the promised November date would be December as they could change the order but not cancel. December came and nothing. No call, nothing. Called to find out to be told it was 13th January as per a confirmation which we had queries and that the sofas are made just before they are shipped, so it wasn't actually ever made. Given a terrible sofa and seat to sit on over Christmas and New Year. 11th January sent an email link to pay the balance before the 13th January to avoid delays and on the 13th of January sent an email it would be at least until the 30th of January before delivery after I had paid the balance. Customer service keep telling me on any number of occasions its not there fault and offered an insulting £50 then £100 compensation. So it will be 4 months and counting as there are no guarantees it will arrive. DO NOT believe what these people tell you. an absolute shambles. Oh and Mr L L Bowen, be aware what they are doing to deliver your designs!

“Missing product…3mths still waiting!”

written by Acotton80 on 30/12/2022

Made in store order which delivery was fine start of Oct then realised the premium care kit was missing. After many emails and phone calls between myself and SCS I am STILL waiting for something that I paid for and they haven’t given me. All I get every time when in contact with them is “sorry, but dispatch are sending again and will be with you in a few days”. Have even been given exact date of delivery and still not received. This is now coming up to THREE months from when the product should have been delivered. After cafe service is appalling…be careful

“Star guys”

written by Boles on 10/12/2022

Had our delivery this morning, they phoned us 30 mins before delivery and were prompt and very professional in every aspect. These guys knew what their job was all about professional the way they unwrapped it and took the waste with them. Thanks again guys.

“extremely poor customer service and delivery ”

written by Temp13 on 02/12/2022

Bought a coffee table and Rug from this company .....paid upfront ; coffee table delivered; however was given a date ( no messages or contact on day ) of delivery of Rug and no show ; cancelled Rug and asked for refund ....... communication and contact has been zero for over a week now , no Rug , no Refund ......called several times to explain situation and organise refunded monies and all I get is false promises of outcome and return calls that never happen ,,,,,,the customer service has been shocking to say the least !!!!!!!! During this period there were other several concerning incidents of false messaging delivery date and times .....and extremely elongated waiting times on phone to get service without success ; I would advise never ever to use this company unless you like getting messed about , stressed, phone calls and spending money on products they don't deliver

Asked by Babs592 on 10th June 2017 Report this content
We are not getting anywhere with SCS We bought 2 reclining Sofas which cost nearly £3000. They were dilivered March 2017. Straight away the Sofas started looking shabby. 2 of their technicians on separate occasions said it was normal. Although when we took photos to the store where we bought them, said he wouldn't like them if they looked like that. But couldn't do anything because his hands were tied.  Has anyone else had this experience?

Asked by Daytr on 15th November 2016 Report this content
Would you buy anything from SCS?

Answers (4)
Report this content Saddielady Written on: 17/11/2016
I would not purchase anything from SCS............. their after sales is rubbish, we purchased a G Plan three piece in which we found a problem with and they were not interested in. G.Plan would not get involved unless SCS admitted their was a problem so we gave up and so tend to avoid them.
Report this content taff1950 Written on: 17/11/2016
NO, DEFENETLY NO, This is the worst Company I have ever Delt with, when we bought our sofa we were pressured by the sales person, the store Manager, and evdn the area Manager on the Day, on delivery goods was damaged store staff wanted nothing to do with complaint, after almost TWO Years and three replacements sofas we are still not satisfied with goods they take your money at store level, and after not one bit interested, head office will not refund goods, be "WARNED".
Report this content Sprohop Written on: 17/11/2016
Never ever again. We purchased a carpet for 3 wks I heard nothing I rang the store and was told carpet in arranged for them to fit it then got a call to say it wasn't in this happened 3 times. On the 3rd time I had had enough and got a refund.
Report this content fatlips Written on: 04/03/2017
yes I would buy, when problems as when arise they sort them not like mickey mouse companies out there.
Asked by longday1974 on 6th October 2016 Report this content
I ordered a sofa that took 3 months to come and I paid £79 to get it delivered on a Saturday, it did not come on the Saturday. I had to ring them at 4.00 after taking the day off work to be told it had a hole in it so it was no good, I was told I would get another one on the Wednesday. How could they make a new one in 3 days? Anyways it came and it was the wrong one as it was a corner sofa. No one rang me to speak to me, we had to go to the shop at metro center to be told we amended the order which we didn't was told by the manager that she would ring the next da. She didn't, she got one of the sales people to tell me they don't normally order new ones, but they will this time and that I have to wait another 3 months customer service is disgusting being a shop manager myself I would never treat customers the way they have. She was to ring me at 5.00pm when I finished work. Still waiting and it is 6.00pm now.  What are my rights? Thank you.

Asked by Mickeymost1 on 22nd April 2016 Report this content
Has anyone ever had a awful smell from a three piece suite from SCS?

Answers (3)
Report this content Zuummm Written on: 22/04/2016
After my wife farted on it yes!
Report this content Saddielady Written on: 22/04/2016
We have never had this problem but the experience we had with the 'G'plan 3 piece suite from SCS.... they would not acknowledge there was a fault.......... We would never buy from SCS again'
Report this content rickwillis Written on: 25/04/2016
It's probably due to the smell of buIIsh1t the salesmen emit. I would never buy a three piece from SCS. In fact, I would never buy ANYTHING from SCS anymore.
Asked by ryanjones2704 on 17th October 2014 Report this content
Has anyone on here purchased any item from the endurance range that SCS have on offer? I almost purchased one myself today and as I was just about to input my pin number (for £1700 worth) when I recalled being told to stay away from 'endurance leather'. Can anyone give me any advice or reviews? Thanks

Answers (9)
Report this content clowesr Written on: 17/10/2014
Avoid SCS at all cost's the trouble I had with the company isn’t worth it, going off other people's reviews it paints the same picture. Great getting you in but the second the paper is signed it goes downhill. I had to do 4 finance agreements because they kept missing things off, then sent the wrong colour and didn’t replace it for 6 months then it broke and it took them over a year to sort the issues out which have happened again. My advice is to go to DFS or any other sofa company even if it's more expensive. Thanks
Report this content Ta-dah Written on: 17/10/2014
Hi I have the endurance sofas. A four and a two seater. . I have two cats and this has been great as far as them catching their claws on it. The sofas look nice but my hubby hates them as the backs aren't high enough for him in his humble opinion but I love the look and so he can sit on the floor lol. . What concern is it that you have specifically about the Endurance.
Report this content ryanjones2704 Written on: 17/10/2014
How long have you had them? My concerns are the condition of the leather after a period of time. Will it crack and/or split? I understand they come with a 10 year warranty but reading reviews the aftercare is absolutely diabolical from SCS. I don't think you can go wrong with the look as they really are attractive pieces of furniture. What is it you have from the range? I'm looking at a sofa with chaise and swivel chair from the diamond range. Really keen to place an order to ensure delivery before Christmas I just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing as I'm a first time buyer and cant afford to buy rubbish!
Report this content bobf36 Written on: 17/10/2014
My experience of Endurance Leather and indeed that of SCS in general is exceedingly poor. What you see in the showroom is not what you get. General build of the suites is poor (made in China) and the colour of the leather varies from section to section. After sales service is the worst I have ever come across, when they have your money, they don't want to know. Due to the experience I have had I have now resolved to try and avoid national companies again, if I did it would be one that belongs to the 'Furniture Ombudsman' (look up online). You will not be surprised to learn SCS do not belong to this organisation. I will try and stick to reputable LOCAL dealers from now on who care more about their reputation and customer service. Hope this helps.
Report this content terryhs Written on: 17/10/2014
Hi we purchased the endurance sofa we have had since February, we had a small amount of stitching that came away but scs fixed within a week, it's been great apart from that still looks like new it's a family sofas and get used heavily no stretching of the leather or any signs where it would wear and looks great.
Report this content Ta-dah Written on: 18/10/2014
Hi there I have the Endurance Eternity sofas in black. I have had the sofas a over a year and they still look great. I did have a small problem with a catch spring in the sofa seat but SCS have been absolutely fantastic as far as customer service is concerned. I think it's easy to find negative reviews more than positive but as far as the leather is concerned they look like leather but it's composite is such that it won't crack and split like leather as it's a man made material. I had sofas from DFS which were leather but if someone has a pocket zip or something sharp that scuffed the material it was difficult to hide even with boot polish or leather treatment. One of my cats in mischievous play scrambled across the ScS sofa and I was amazed that it hadn't marked unlike it would have if it was real hide leather. I think in future I would go for endurance over leather. Just like my previous sofas I clean regularly and plump too .i hope this helps in your decision. If it doesn't feel right keep looking. Good luck. Feel free to ask further
Report this content dannylee80 Written on: 18/10/2014
Well SCS are not very great from my personal experience. i had the headoffice being abusive to me, also make sure it is 100% a sofa you want as they do not work like any other company and don't have any cancellation period. Look about 1st Land of leather, DFS and many others that are much better. I have only just won a 2 and half year battle to get my sofa repaired due to SCS delivery team smashing the arms up and a manufacturing issus that has caused all the foams to breakup. My durable leather has survived the dog claws but not the cats. Don't be a fool and take the leather care kits as you can get galons of the stuff from ebay or amazon for the prices they charge.
Report this content maninwales Written on: 11/11/2014
Its a mix of 70% leather and 30% man made fibre. This type of leather has been used by airlines and car manufacturers for years because of it's durability.
Report this content Debbage Written on: 05/02/2015
Do not buy from SCS .Service is poor. Just spent a couple of grand on recliners and they are not fit for purpose and after sales is poor at best
Asked by scs1988 on 23rd July 2014 Report this content
Hi, just a quick question. Has anyone had the helena from SCS?

Answers (2)
Report this content magstrev Written on: 23/07/2014
Hi...our suite wasn't helena...but as far as im concerned I trouble we had from them....I would never..ever..buy from this company again...you dont get the same suite thats in the showroom. ..when you finally have it delivered...it doesn't have the same stuffing as it should have...it sags within 4 weeks....its been made very shabbily. ..not worth a penny. ..and the help from the shop is diabolical. ..eventually we got our money back after 2 deliveries it came to nearly a year. ..I would definitely go to ikea. .As I wouldn't trust any of the furniture companies. ..they are all the same...you dont get what you ordered..and getting a refund is a nightmare...
Report this content Beau11 Written on: 23/07/2014
Suprised iv been emailed to give you feed back with the trouble ive had to be honest. Cant remember what the name of the sofa is how ever i will never by from scs again! product unsafe,has broken about 3 times, my one year old was finding screws that fell out from it after having it for about 4 months, other bits have fallen off it, foot rest snapped in half. Customer service was appalling, apparently you have no managers that your customers can speak to. And many of the service staff were rather abrupt whist on the phone. Overall completely unsatisfied
Asked by Tess967 on 27th January 2014 Report this content
Purchased stock sale sofa 14 hours ago from scs paid by credit card but now having doubts. Told can't cancel. Is this legal? As s stock item can we just cancel order?