Boots Reviews

• Layout of shop

Boots - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Boots

“Very bad service”

Written on: 09/07/2022 by Lidotajsterepere (1 review written)

I having g there prescription medicine. Going there waiting is long,farmacist walking past not noticing you,if you have health problems,you could colapse there. If I want order medicine on phone, phone is ignored. So what health care is that? Take more staff, I assume there is many people without work,if this is issue!!!! I must kill high blood pressure, not to go to chemist get Hart attack!.

“The worst treatment ever received from any company”

Written on: 08/06/2022 by GradyAguirre465 (1 review written)

The worst treatment I have ever received from any company. Totally disgraceful. These people should not be entrusted to hold sensitive data on the general public. They are not to be trusted in any way. Several years ago I made a complaint against a member of staff at Boots Pharmacy Phoenix Parkway Corby. She had been repeatedly rude and arrogant for many months, calling me a liar numerous times when collecting my elderly mother`s monthly prescription. Telling me I was trying to collect it when it wasn`t time, even when I proved it was. This culminated in her accusing me one day of removing my mother from their system and having her prescriptions sent to Tesco instead. She kept arguing and calling me a liar even after I spoke to Tesco and got proof that neither myself not Boots had ever contacted them regarding my mother`s prescriptions. I complained re head office and was assured it would dealt with by both them and the store manager. This was about 4 years ago. I changed chemist and for a while everything was ok until one morning they didn`t have one of the items on mum`s prescription so I took it back into Boots to see if they could supply it. The rude and aggressive pharmacist took one look at it and said that under no circumstances would they be doing any prescriptions for my mother, who had never even seen or spoken to them. My partner continued to collect his prescriptions from Boots due to its proximity to his place of work, and I often collected them on his behalf. Each month they would text me to say it was ready, I would collect, often being asked to confirm address details etc, thanked them and left. Then one day a few weeks back I went to collect it as usual and a very nasty assistant who I hadn`t seen before snarled that it wasn`t ready. She said it had been ordered in and would be there next day. I said something like `oh no I`ve come over specially as it was supposed to be ready today.` She then snapped `no it wasn`t!` I told her that each month it`s usually ready on time and she again snapped that it wasn`t. She then urged me to take it somewhere else. I said I didn`t want to do that I would just have to come back next day. The pharmacist then appeared from round the corner and he told me to take it elsewhere. She said she had removed my partner from the system and both of them kept urging me to take it to another chemist as I had said that he needed it urgently. When I said that I hadn`t said that, only that it was due to be ready that day, they kept calling me a liar and shoving the prescription at me. I told them I didn`t want an argument because they were both getting aggressive but they continued, so I took the script said `just don`t bother then`, to which the pharmacist replied, `yes goodbye, off you go, thank you very much` in a sarcastic undertone. I phoned head office and asked for the name of the pharmacist so I could make a complaint. I was told that if I went into the store then by law the pharmacist has to have a visible plaque with his name and number on near the counter and I could get it from there. Next day my partner called in to Boots to ask why he had been removed from their system and the store manager told my partner that I was barred from the store for making racist comments and shouting and swearing on a number of occasions. Neither of us could believe these vicious lies. He then added that if I entered the store again the police would be called and I would be prosecuted. My partner said that there was no visible plaque with the pharmacist`s details on because he made a point of looking. Once again I phoned Boots head office to tell them what had happened, and that this was obviously some kind of revenge against me for making the original complaint. They said it would be passed to the area manager and someone would contact me. I also wrote a 20 page letter sent by special delivery to the CEO detailing the abuse. It wasn`t even signed for by a person, just `BOOTS`. In the meantime I received a nasty email and letter from the store manager confirming my ban. I replied to that stating that how come no one had told me about any ban when I was in the store the previous day? How come at no point was he or anyone else ever called to the shop floor to deal with an incident if I was repeatedly so abusive? And how come they had been texting me every month and allowing me to collect prescriptions for my partner for the last 4 years? Neither head office or the CEO have contacted me since by any means. As my partner says, this must be unprecedented behaviour, but then other nationwide reviewers reveal that I`m not alone. Others have stated that Phoenix Parkway has a rude aggressive pharmacist and small-minded officious bullies who make up their own rules. Wholly true and accurate statements in my opinion. I would urge anyone to avoid using this branch of Boots.

“Customer service ”

Written on: 25/11/2021 by Bryan2021 (1 review written)

I was a regular shopper at Boots, not anymore. I WANT CUSTOMER SERVICE! I do not want self service

“Does their customer service really exist?”

Written on: 20/08/2021 by ClarePruitt401 (1 review written)

Boots customer service could seriously compete in a race for worst customer service in the UK. Have you ever tried to phone them? If you have, you are probably still on the phone hoping to get hold of them as I have not met someone who has managed to contact them yet. I was charged twice recently for a purchase at one of their local store and my bank asked me so kindly to contact them (see my review about Barclays’ not so excellent customer service) but spending money and time on the phone is the only thing you can get out of their customer service. Will I ever get my refund? I will keep you posted!

“Prescription Service ? Boots is getting the BOOT !”

Written on: 02/07/2019 by JaydenGordon1990 (1 review written)

I am on long term medication for various ailments including Cancer. "Try Boots prescription Service" was the advice my G.P gave. "No need to travel backwards & forwards to collect repeat prescriptions from the surgery". Now, after almost two years of continual monthly hassles at the Enfield Town branch, that has caused me to make stressful double journeys and numerous hectic phone calls to my G.P, I have decided to give Boots..the BOOT ! Almost each and every month there has been a problem receiving all my medications when due. Certain medications are missing when I check, only to be told that my G.P has not issued certain items despite the contrary. On numerous occasions at collection, I have been informed that they would have to order certain medications despite having a month to prepare ! I was once even told this when I could plainly see the brand medication up on the shelf ! I also find the pharmacists & staff very unhelpful & mostly indifferent. The "you sort it out" attitude. No! No! It's time to leave them to it and change. What a shambles !

“Terrible Service from Boots Toll Gavel Beverley”

Written on: 25/06/2019 by AlinaGillespie (1 review written)

I haven't been feeling too well for a couple of days and called into Boots in Toll Gavel in Beverley today with the purpose of speaking to the pharmacist. I couldn't see a point saying pharmacist only one saying medicines and one saying prescriptions. So I waited by the sign saying prescriptions thinking the pharmacist would most likely be there. There were two female staff making up prescriptions who didn't look up to see if they could help and another female who had moved across from the prescriptions counter. She had no sooner got to the counter where I was stood when a customer from the prescription counter called her back for something. She immediately returned to the prescription counter and saw to the gentleman. She then walked back and stood right in front of me with her head down. I had been stood there for a good 3 minutes by this time, so I stood for a further 30 or 45 seconds and having decided I must be invisible as no one had even bothered to acknowledge me, I left the store and promptly went a couple of doors down to Superdrug. Not the kind of service I expect from Boots.

“going down the drain ”

Written on: 01/03/2019 by Jasei1946 (1 review written)

no staff around to help you wait forever to get served floor dirty and the shops look a mess come on boots what's happening !

“Love to say no”

Written on: 30/12/2018 by pfVega412 (1 review written)

Why do Boots managers stand out from the competition in their delight to say no? Its normal (and right) that some questions are asked when you request a pain relief product, but Boots excel. Then, having gone through the mill of questions that even your doctor would hesitate to ask, they defer to "the manager" who refuses to sell the product. No reason - just no. I can only assume the rush of power gets to them. Failed doctors? Its no real issue - I will always get the product at another Chemist. I still keep trying - just one day I hope to find a Boots branch where they have a manager who smiles and says yes. One day....

“Awful service from boots chemist in Truro”

Written on: 01/09/2018 by tropicland (1 review written)

Went into Boot’s chemist in Truro today and I will not be going in again waited to pay for my goods then some girl with a blazer decides to serve the queue took goods out of my basket and I paid not asked if I would like a bag to put all my items in then i asked where in the shop the Dettol was located only to be given the response we don’t sell Dettol here so looked for it myself and found the product but will be buying from elsewhere from now on.

“Boots Prescription Collection ”

Written on: 06/04/2018 by JonathanDavidS (1 review written)

Unreliable and poor customer service. Essential medicine prescribed by Consultant regularly missing causing grief and hassle phoning up G.P to find out why _ medicine not ordered by Boots.

“Boots HAS gone rogue”

Written on: 02/04/2018 by GabrielKnight (1 review written)

I went to Boots to buy a well known “own brand” product. But it was not being sold anymore.There were numerous other own brand items being discontinued too. Shelves were badly stocked. Learn from B&Q who didn’t listen to their customers and decided to dictate the market. Profits actually fall. Boots is no longer my first choice for medicines although the staff are always very helpful. Boots have gone downhill since being taken over. Listen to your customers and your valuable staff or profits WILL suffer. Boots the opticians seems to be all about personal targets too. Upselling is rife. Just go back to what you were doing so well.

“Excellent service”

Written on: 10/01/2018 by eddduck1948 (45 reviews written)

Excellent service for my prescriptions. The past few months one of my tablets has been hard to get. Boots pharmacy have been able to get some - (not enough for the prescription) - but enough to keep me going. The remainder were provided in a couple of days. Today I have been served by friendly and efficient lady. I also like the way they give you a `owing slip` when parts of the prescription are not available on the day.

“Dreadful response from Pharmacist”

Written on: 04/01/2018 by MeMe111 (1 review written)

My son and daughter in law took their 5 month old son to the Boots outlet at the Carlton Centre, Lincoln 4pm on New Years day as they were concerned for him. First time parents, first time he has been poorly and we are told to go to see the pharmacist before we go to a doctor. They told the pharmacist of the problem, he was completely dismissive, never looked at my grandson, offered no reassurance to the parents in fact he bordered on rude. If people are to go and see the pharmacist first I suggest they need training in "people skills". This was a totally inadequate response to young parents who needed reassuring they were doing the right things and that nothing more serious than a nasty head cold was affecting their son. Shame on you Boots

“Whatever happened to good manners? ”

Written on: 15/10/2017 by Jaelyn409 (1 review written)

Sunday 18.10.17. I made a purchase from Boots at Junction One retail park, Rugby. The member of staff who served me did not once say "please" or "thank you" whilst processing my transaction. I do not consider this acceptable. Surely saying please and thank you is the basis of good manners, let alone good customer service. Quite frankly I was taken aback and very disappointed with the lack of customer service received. As a result of today's shopping experience Boots will most definitely not be my first choice of store to purchase from.

Smiler789's Comment

Written on: 15/10/2017

CORRECTION - the visit was not made to the store on Sunday 15.10.17.

Read 1 Comment

“received this today after spending a very long time...”

Written on: 02/06/2017 by Paris201 (1 review written)

received this today after spending a very long time trying to sort things out... Thanks for your patience whilst we look into the location of your prescription order. We have contacted our Pharmacy Team to chase the location of this replacement order. However, they have informed us that unfortunately, a replacement was not sent out due to the original order in January having already been signed for by you on the 25/01/2017. Therefore, we are unable to send a replacement order out. As this order was originally placed in January, and you hadn’t received this, we would have requested that you contacted us closer to January to query the location of this order. As four months have now gone past, we are restricted in investigations which can be done.

“Pharmd183”

Written on: 19/05/2017 by 66Medeiros (1 review written)

Hello! kgckded interesting kgckded site! I'm really like it! Very, very kgckded good!

“Words fail me.”

Written on: 06/05/2017

I'm a disabled person who is housebound. About 7 months ago I had to engage Boots' repeat prescription delivery service (Southampton, West Quay), as I could no longer pick up and carry all my items. (Includes 20 litres approx. of liquid - too heavy for me. I can barely walk, let alone lift anything). This branch of Boots is the only Southampton pharmacy that will deliver to my postcode, so I have no alternative. Their service has been appalling - I was told by a staff member that they would take over my repeat prescription process and that it would mean that I would no longer have the monthly stress of ringing my surgery to order my prescription. Wrong! Every month since agreeing to their delivery (no other choice available, as I wrote before) they have failed to deliver without me phoning them to chase them up. Despite monthly assurances that it would all get sorted by the next month, I have to chase them up every month, or I don't get my prescription. They have a pharmacy staff member (telephone) who has become extremely rude and patronising and who doesn't understand that a repeat prescription should occur every 28 days (she just uses the same date every month, not realising that she should calculate a 28-day turnaround, not a 30 or 31 day repeat) and my monthly stress has actually doubled. Yesterday, she raised her voice to me on the phone and then hung up. I rang again and she hung up again. So.. I spoke to another staff member who refused to give me the area manager's contact details. I ended up ringing their Customer Care number and after being called 'my lovely' by the first telephonist (yes, I complained about that too), I asked to be put through to the area manager, but was refused. I was told that the area manager would contact me. I wish I had the technological know-how to record my calls - I would then have evidence to support possible litigation. As it stands, I'm stuck waiting by the phone. I do not recommend this branch's pharmacy delivery service.

“Poor Customer Service ”

Written on: 28/04/2017 by moby79 (35 reviews written)

I have recently encountered two poor service experiences at Boots Stores in Birmingham. First one recent in April 2017 and the store in question New Street Branch, at 07:30 hours when the store should have been opened it was not , and I could see the Store Manager and his assistant stood by the doors chatting away rather than explaining to the customer what the delay is. When the door was finally opened was advised unable to serve as no Pharmacist on site and cannot even buy food for this reason. Checked with Boots HQ and was advised the same with no genuine apology or gesture. Poor service from a company who likes to state they offer customer service and satisfaction yet cannot deliver it.

“pharmacy”

Written on: 20/11/2016 by agingcustomer (1 review written)

couldnt fault this store in llandrindod wells quick efficient service and helpful staff when collecting my monthly prescriptions . When I needed extra items for my terminally ill husband they always got it for me that day . thank you

Grgrikesh's Response to agingcustomer's Review

Written on: 17/03/2017

Day 16 march 2017 aldershot boots at around 1-2pm at photo counter for collecting delivery, staff (lady) on the photo counter whom on glass was tooo tooo rude, seems like experience one but customer service -100%, never saw like this lady customer servive at boots before.

Read 1 Comment

“Poor service and attitude”

Written on: 29/10/2016 by nickst17 (10 reviews written)

The manageress at the Market Gates branch in Great Yarmouth needs to be more aware of 3 for 2 offers. When these are clearly signed as being 3 for 2 with at least 9 signs stating that, for her to then say that the products were NOT part of the offer is a little ridiculous. Her subsequent rudeness was neither professional nor necessary; a simple apology would have sufficed. The fact that one of the 3 for teams was not included on the receipt could have led to a very embarrassing situation had we been stopped by a store detective. In this day and age, this member of staff appears to be one of the growing number of shop floor employees who forget that on-line reviews and customer service centres can be avoided with a little better judgement at the time. I hope she is given the chance to reflect on her actions and act accordingly in the future. Customers can and do vote with their feet and no business can afford to be so complacent or rude.